Ganso
sportsczy
urbaNRoots
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Willian Empty Willian

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:03 pm

What a signing he's been for Chelsea! Has been one of the star performers this season, as proved last night with a fantastic performance. I bet those who preferred KdB over him feel really stupid right now...

Will he make Brazil's squad in the World Cup though? Would be truly criminal if he didn't start in a team where Hulk is starting.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Willian Empty Re: Willian

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Hulk is more what Brazil need though... you need a winger that can attack a defense with speed. When you have too many of these AMs disguised as wingers, you start playing very, very narrow.

Chelsea were a bit fortunate last night. No Aguero, Fernandinho and even Nasri. Having to may DiMichellis at CM in a 2 man mid (lol; wtf was Pelle thinking. At least play a 3 man mid then).... made it pretty simple for Mou.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:40 pm

He is already in the squad, will certainly play in the WC.As I said many times though, our lineup can not be changed.It's just perfect and balanced the way it is.Hulk is too much of key part tactically.He was probably our most important player vs Spain after Luis Gustavo for example.

@Sports, I totally agree.I just hate when coaches keep using AM as wingers (like Pellegrini using Nasri and Silva).1 CF,2 wingers, 1 AM.Thats the best way to go with the 4-2-3-1
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Why is Hulk so important for Brazil? Not questioning, just want to hear more about it. Most of the time when I see Brazil and Hulk, he's very bad (must admit the game against Spain he was good, but then he played against Alba).

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:08 pm

He's unbelievable. I still think he's overrated offensively (not enough end product for someone of his quality) but the remainder of his game is *bleep* outstanding. Great ball retention skills, his burst of pace over a short distance is unbelievable, great dribbler, versatility, movement, passer & set pieces.

The most surprising thing about his game is his defensive work-rate. I've never seen a player as talented as he is work that hard off the ball. Oscar is very good at it but Willian is on a whole 'nother level entirely. I don't have the stats to back it up but I'm pretty certain he covers more ground than Ramires. Pressing, closing down players, winning tackles, covering players out of position etc he does it all.

sportsczy wrote:
Chelsea were a bit fortunate last night. No Aguero, Fernandinho and even Nasri. Having to may DiMichellis at CM in a 2 man mid (lol; wtf was Pelle thinking. At least play a 3 man mid then).... made it pretty simple for Mou.

This is a pretty bitter post even for you.

They have by far the best squad in the game. Injuries are a part of the game and they have by far the best squad in the League.

We beat them at the Bridge with a fit Aguero, Nasri & Fernandinho and we would have done it last night regardless of the team they put out.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Funny that Spurs almost had him instead of Lamela, brilliant career choice.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:29 pm

I was laughed at on here when I told people he was better than Mata.

Folks were talking about him being the end of De Bench, but I always knew he would start ahead of Mata.

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:35 pm

I only watched city's game, but I don't think he performed that well. Messed up a clear opportunity and didn't add much in attack. Good workrate though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:43 pm

free_cat wrote:I only watched city's game, but I don't think he performed that well. Messed up a clear opportunity and didn't add much in attack. Good workrate though.

He was a top performer last night with Matic, Cahill and Terry.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 pm

So it's wonderful that Chelsea beat a City team without their best player, with a slow CB playing as a CM (no even DM) in a 4231 AND were forced to play Nastasic as a CB.

Injuries are part of the game. But let's not pretend that they don't affect significantly the quality of a team and the outcome of a game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Why is Hulk so important for Brazil? Not questioning, just want to hear more about it. Most of the time when I see Brazil and Hulk, he's very bad (must admit the game against Spain he was good, but then he played against Alba).

Neymar normally plays from the left to the middle and in some matches, he plays as our #10 while Oscar goes to the LW, so we need a wide player on the left and he is the only player from our squad who can combine workrate with wide play.Again, mentioning the Spain game, he marked Alba and Mata all game and at the same time he built our 3 goals.During the match he was also always wide giving a clear passing option to whoever was in the middle.If, lets say, Bernard or Willian were playing there,they would probably get dispossessed all the time by spain's midfield
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:19 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
free_cat wrote:I only watched city's game, but I don't think he performed that well. Messed up a clear opportunity and didn't add much in attack. Good workrate though.

He was a top performer last night with Matic, Cahill and Terry.

Hazard and Matic were by far Chelsea's best performers outside their back 4, not to take anything away from Willian but those two where far above anything else from the midfield and attack.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:So it's wonderful that Chelsea beat a City team without their best player, with a slow CB playing as a CM (no even DM) in a 4231 AND were forced to play Nastasic as a CB.

Injuries are part of the game.  But let's not pretend that they don't affect significantly the quality of a team and the outcome of a game.

Before this season folks were acting like Nastastic was a future GOAT CB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:33 pm

At least he is better than Demichelis.You cant say city were "forced" to play Nastasic as if it was a bad thing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Ganso wrote:At least he is better than Demichelis.You cant say city were "forced" to play Nastasic as if it was a bad thing
 Until you realize they played Demichelis as a CM next to Yaya in a 4231...  That's a bad thing.   Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:40 pm

It probably was considering they would have rather a more experienced defender. But this is normal Pellegrini, he tends to drop the tactical ball when you really wish he won't.

As for the future goat CB thing, it's like Varane. These guys would become great but we fans tend to, um, over estimate their skill...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Ganso wrote:At least he is better than Demichelis.You cant say city were "forced" to play Nastasic as if it was a bad thing
 Until you realize they played Demichelis as a CM next to Yaya in a 4231...  That's a bad thing.   Laughing
i get what youre saying, but city were forced to play Demichelis in midfield not Nastasic in defense .Demichelis should be nowhere near their starting team
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Doc wrote:It probably was considering they would have rather a more experienced defender. But this is normal Pellegrini, he tends to drop the tactical ball when you really wish he won't.

As for the future goat CB thing, it's like Varane. These guys would become great but we fans tend to, um, over estimate their skill...

Without a doubt.... anyway City's squad is heavily overrated they only position they have any real major depth is upfront the rest of their team is very threadbare.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:50 pm

Not the first time they've played Nastasic as CB this season. He has actually played there quite a lot. Not the first time they've played Demichelis as a DM either and its by no means the first time Demichelis has played that role in his career(Bayern, anyone?).

The only argument you could make would be City missing Aguero as I think he's a much, much tougher cover for JT and Cahill who would pocket CFs like Negredo and Dzeko ANYDAY without stress.

But then again we beat City this season with their entire team healthy. You could tell me they weren't playing this well at that point in the season but neither were we. The way we played last night, we would have beaten City, full squad or not. Only thing that might have changed is, we might not have kept a clean sheet with Aguero playing.

Sorry, we beat them very convincingly last night and nothing would have changed that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for going THAT off topic.

On Willian, I was really, really skeptical but I'm happy to eat my words. He's an incredible player and can still get better offensively. His work rate is just amazing. Apart from Jose, I think seeing Willian and Oscar working so hard off the ball and in defense has and will continue to help Hazard do so too.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 pm

No way better than Mata.

William might be rich man's Gervinho.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Ganso, if Fred won't be available for the WC will Willian play on the left and Neymar as False 9 ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Ganso, if Fred won't be available for the WC will Willian play on the left and Neymar as False 9 ?

No  @ this blatant disrespect for Jo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:21 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Ganso, if Fred won't be available for the WC will Willian play on the left and Neymar as False 9 ?
we will play false 9 in case Fred isnt available and Jo keeps up his post Confederations cup form.But Fred will probably be fine by then
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:41 pm

Ganso wrote:
we will play false 9 in case Fred isnt available and Jo keeps up his post Confederations cup form.But Fred will probably be fine by then

Neymar as false 9 ? who will play LW ? William/Bernard/Lucas ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:47 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Ganso wrote:

Neymar as false 9 ? who will play LW ? William/Bernard/Lucas ?
Probably Bernard.Scolari has made it pretty clear he is his favorite player atm.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next