Mr Nick09
McAgger
Red Alert
Kick
LeBéninois
Blue Barrett
10 posters

Go down

So how good is Kurt Zouma? Empty So how good is Kurt Zouma?

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 am

Apparently we've just signed him(to be loaned back for the remainder of the season) and a lot of top clubs seemed to have been after him. I haven't got the slightest clue about him but surely there's something they've seen in him?

Wanted to get your takes on him as a player as I've never actually seen him play and I know youtube can be quite deceiving.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

So how good is Kurt Zouma? Empty Re: So how good is Kurt Zouma?

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:54 am

A strong physical defender who's far from slow. Only 19 ( on his way to 20 i think ). A really good buy imo as he'd if given time turns into a great defender. If I had to choose between a 19old Sakho or Kurt zouma i'd have chosen Kurt.
If he gets a chance to learn from an experienced partner , by 24 he'd be at Laurent Koscielny's level imo. But all that's hypothetical.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:07 am

Bénin wrote:A strong physical defender who's far from slow. Only 19 ( on his way to 20 i think ). A really good buy imo as he'd if given time turns into a great defender. If I had to choose between a 19old Sakho or Kurt zouma i'd have chosen Kurt.
If he gets a chance to learn from an experienced partner , by 24 he'd be at Laurent Koscielny's level imo. But all that's hypothetical.

That would be JT who would take him under his wing, like Desailly did with Terry.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 am

Kick wrote:
Bénin wrote:A strong physical defender who's far from slow. Only 19 ( on his way to 20 i think ). A really good buy imo as he'd if given time turns into a great defender. If I had to choose between a 19old Sakho or Kurt zouma i'd have chosen Kurt.

That would be JT who would take him under his wing, like Desailly did with Terry.

By the time Kurt start playing Terry would be 34. Is he going to play regularly ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:54 am

Bénin wrote:
Kick wrote:

By the time Kurt start playing Terry would be 34. Is he going to play regularly ?
He's playing regularly right now and has been arguably the best defender in the league this season. I think he'd have at least one more top class season left in him.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:01 am

Well , he's not going to partner Kurt Zouma then.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:13 am

It doesn't have to be a partnership in every game. If JT teaches him, it can be from off the field, too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:49 am

France spoiled for choice in the future. Making some great defenders again, assuming they all reach their potential of course.

Sakho, Varane, Mangala, Zouma, Koscielny... probably a lot more I'm missing too. Crazy.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:54 am

Corchia, Umtiti, Laporte, Digne also.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:03 am

Half of those guys are overrated as shit Laughing

Why don't you name me every scrub that plays in France while you're at it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:19 am

Varane and Sakho both have the potential to be arguably the best two CBs in the world - their potential is HUGE.

Koscielny is currently the best CB in the PL after Kompany...

Zouma and Mangala can be very good too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:49 pm

sorry to break it to you but Sakho is only has that potential in FM. in reality, he is far from it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:02 pm

Sakho looks very good if he's partnered with a tactical CB next to him... which is why he's looked so good when paired with Varane.  When he can't be aggressive, he has problems.  I think he's very good.  Will never be great because his technique is just not good enough.

The top CB prospects in France are Varane, Laporte, Mangala and....  Zouma.  These are the 4.  I feel that Umtiti is way overrated and Sakho doesn't have the talent of these 4.

As far as Zouma is concerned, he's extremely talented but raw around the edges.  Extremely physical... i mean even Ibra couldn't impose himself physically against him.  The difference with Sakho is that he's fast and quick too.  On the downside, he tackles very, very, very hard.  He will get carded.  He's been serving a long ban in Ligue 1 for destroying another player's leg on a tackle (although he did go for the ball).  

Needs to be taught.  A ton of talent and already getting a lot of experience.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Red Alert wrote:Varane and Sakho both have the potential to be arguably the best two CBs in the world - their potential is HUGE.

Koscielny is currently the best CB in the PL after Kompany...

Zouma and Mangala can be very good too.

Mertesacker is the best CB in PL. Kos is good but Merte carries that Arsenal defense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:15 am

Zouma will be much better than Koscielny if he gets a lot of playing time by 5 years. Really, watching him this season, he can be top 3 CB in the world within a few years. He's easily St.Etinne's best defender.

He could partner up with Terry nice too next year if Mourinho goes in that direction. Youth and experience as a pair. Nobody saw Cahill turning into a beast though so Zouma will more than likely just get time with him when they want to give Terry a rest. Luiz can be the shut up shop sub or whatever. He wont ever take Cahill's spot as long as he plays like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:48 am

Kurt Zouma was one of the reasons Gaultier's ASSE kept a very good defensive record, despite what was a rather pragmatic team. Zouma is in the mould of LFC's Momo Sakho yet possesses more dexterity on his feet. Where he fails are his impulsive decisions and rash tackles to which are mostly a product of his youth. Like young Sakho, he will be world class if developed consistently.

Good to see Nick mention Ayermic Laporte who along with Varane is part of two of France's most talented future CBs.

Laporte is in advantage of being younger than Varane yet Varane has played in higher levels (CL) than of a proven Laporte. Partner of Sakho in France will likely remains Varane given Laporte is in the exact same mould as Varane, technical readers of the game, paired better with dominant CBs.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:32 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:sorry to break it to you but Sakho is only has that potential in FM. in reality, he is far from it.

He's not even that great on FM. :coffee:

Have you actually seen him play for Liverpool this season? Honestly.

McAgger wrote:
Mertesacker is the best CB in PL. Kos is good but Merte carries that Arsenal defense.

He's not though. Apart from height, what does Merte have over Kompany?

Kos is just as good albeit two different players. They compliment each other well, and are rightfully the best defensive duo in the league and that's all that matters I guess. But Kos is better if you look compare them individually.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:37 am

lmao apart from height Laughing

Merte's defensive reading of the game is probably the best in the world. He has very very very little pace so he compensates with unbelievable understanding of the game. And he's also unbelievable organizer of his defensive unit.

The only thing Kompany does well apart from being physically imposing, is organize his defensive unit. Kompany is average at reading the game or at one on ones.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:42 am

Kompany can read the game...

It's not Kompany's fault he's played next to people like Lescott and Demichelis ffs.

Merte's easily the best CB in the world because of the lack of quality defenders today. Thiago Silva would probably be the only "good" defender if we compare to 10 years ago. :facepalm:

Anyway, think we're going off topic. And Kick doesn't like it when people go off topic.  Suspect 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:47 am

Yeah I'm happy to end it here. Let's get back to OP: Kurt Zouma is shit :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:15 pm

So how good is Kurt Zouma?

Is he better than Laporte ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Zouma is quality. The player Mangala is trying so hard to become. Seriously hope you guys wont let go Varane to chelsea. Varane-Zouma CB pairing and Chelsea's set for at least a decade. pale

Laporte, well I hope he is better than Zouma.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Zouma is quality. The player Mangala is trying so hard to become. Seriously hope you guys wont let go Varane to chelsea. Varane-Zouma CB pairing and Chelsea's set for at least a decade. pale

Laporte, well I hope he is better than Zouma.

Never quite works like that though does it.

I remember Chelsea being "Set for the future" when people were going on and on about Mazacar. Barely a year later and where are they?

Hazard shows up when he feels like it. Mata is on his way out the league, and Oscar is bench warming all the big matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum