Raptorgunner
Mr Nick09
Lex
Le Samourai
MJ
47 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wayne Rooney The King of Player Power - Page 5 Empty Re: Wayne Rooney The King of Player Power

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:32 am

I had read about RVP but imo it was nonosense to elect as captain RVP, just 2 years to United, and not Rooney.
Rooney is the best choice. Now ... omitting those contractual issues that had bothered even the  United fans, he has also the leadership for that role.  Well we are going to buy him in 2019, as we were doing for Cantona and done for Vidic

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney The King of Player Power - Page 5 Empty Re: Wayne Rooney The King of Player Power

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:36 am

Robes lol.

He'll be so slow by then.you will have to.play him as a DM  Very Happy 
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:41 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Robes lol.

He'll be so slow by then.you will have to.play him as a DM  Very Happy 

don't underrate how much will be declined the Serie A in 2019 :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 am

has the passing ability to play as DM imo :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:54 am

FFS Rooney, well he's always been a leader on the pitch for us, has those qualities you look for. So this is unsurprising, best of luck Wayne. We'll be right behind you, cheering you every step of the way.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:04 am

I don't think he was a clear choice.

Even if RVP had only been there two seasons, Rooney still handed in two transfer requests and ultimately held United for ransom there.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:25 am

RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpUMzGEIcAAL0G0.jpg

Yeh I'd rather poke Alesha on pg 11.

Agreed with the general consensus that this was a no brainer. (his captaincy)

Good point B-Mac - Can see him being a player that will sit deeper the more he pushes on into his twilight years.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:59 am

Fletcher has been at United since he was 11. Plus has leadership qualities. Been loyal as a dog too. Robbed imo :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:19 am

Holds the club at ransom every season, horrible discipline record. He'll have the entire united profits going straight to his back pocket soon.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Fletcher has been at United since he was 11. Plus has leadership qualities. Been loyal as a dog too. Robbed imo :coffee:

fletcher is not a regular at this particular moment. he is a back up option whom lvg is starting only cos carrick is unavailable/ until we add another cm.

so rooney is the obvious choice after all.

however i personally would have preferred to hand over the armband to big smoking dave.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Rooney just depresses me. I don't really care who he plays for I hate seeing talent like his be wasted. He could be/ should have been a top 5 player in the world these past several years in the running for Balon D'ors but he just couldn't be bothered. Not saying he's lazy on the pitch. Still quality.. But he could have been sooo much more. But he's comfortable just being pretty good, making a ton of money, eating junk food and getting laid. It's sad
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Elaborate. He works his ass off on the pitch and I don't really see what more he could do

Sounds more like a case of people on the internet setting a player unrealistically high expectations, then being disappointed when that player turns out to be 'Only' a very good player and not a world beater.

Yeah he's usually in pretty mediocre body shape, but he still runs for miles on end so I don't think a healthier lifestyle would significantly improve his output on the pitch myself.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Just seems that way to me. He was so talented when he came up and His engine was unreal. Part of that was always going to fade but I don't feel like he did enough to maintain it. He does work a lot but, I don't know.

Feel like part of it is on united for not putting him in the best place to succeed. If they were set on using him as a 10 and then rolling with rvp then maybe he should have left and maybe taken less money elsewhere to play forward more often. Maybe I'm wrong, and had unrealistic expectations.. I am wrong a lot so wouldn't surprise me, but I just feel like he just never came close to what his ceiling of talent was, for whatever reason
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:55 am

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has revealed even captain Wayne Rooney is not safe from his ruthless team selection.

United won 1-0 away at Hull on Saturday thanks to an injury-time goal from teenage striker Marcus Rashford . Until providing the cross that made the goal in the 92nd minute, Rooney had produced a subdued display, the like of which Mourinho is unlikely to tolerate many more times.

"I can take him [Rooney] out. It’s no problem for me to take him out, no problem for him to be out,” Mourinho told the Manchester Evening Newsafter the match.

“He was like the team. The first half he was OK but the team was a little bit slow in the transitions.

“The team wasn’t playing with the intensity that we need and he was part of it. In the second half when the team brought a different gear, he did the same.”

Proud Needs to stop raking up fortuitous assists tho. Pep ousting Hart must have given Mou confidence. Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:02 am

Rooney is absolutely dire as a 10. It's only a matter of time before mou kicks him to the curb. His first touch and passing under pressure is absolutely shocking for a top footballer
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:03 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Rooney is absolutely dire. It's only a matter of time before mou kicks him to the curb. His first touch and passing under pressure is absolutely shocking for a top footballer

Fixed. He is just awful. Can't hold up the ball, has 0 pace, can't pass between the lines, gets bullied off the ball, makes awful off the ball runs and doesn't position himself properly to give his teammates better passing options in advanced positions.

He isn't a top footballer. The last great season he had was 11/12.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5