Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.

+2
Art Morte
Glory
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.  Empty Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.

Post by Glory Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:12 pm

Latest

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Dec/Robin-van-Persie-injured-for-around-a-month.aspx

Robin Van Persie is out of action for around a month with a thigh injury.

David Moyes confirmed at his pre-match press briefing on Friday that the Dutch striker will miss around four weeks.

The 30-year-old returned to action last Saturday after missing four games with toe and groin problems, and the boss reflected on how he will not be able to pick Van Persie together with Wayne Rooney over the upcoming part of the season.

“It is unfortunate, because if you look at our record with Wayne and Robin in the team it is very good and we have not had them for a period,” Moyes told radio reporters.

Van Persie has scored 10 goals for the Reds this season, most recently when he grabbed the winner against former club Arsenal before sitting out the next four games with injury.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.  Empty Re: Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.

Post by Glory Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:17 pm

Meaning we have

Carrick (back)
Fellaini (back)
Vidic (knock)
Evra (knock)
Smalling (hamstring)

and now yippee once again
RVP and this time instead of groin and toes it is thigh.

What the feck is going on with in our team ffs.

Moyes I suppose before making them jump through hoops is shouting out 'Light the bloody hoop in fire!!!' ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.  Empty Re: Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.

Post by Glory Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:19 pm

RvP shouldnt have rushed without being fully fit in the magpies game. Now we are gonna suffer a month for that silly decision.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:06 pm

I read that RVP injured himself while taking a corner. You cannot use that as ammunition towards Moyes. Who the heck gets injured when taking a corner!?

And your injury list is no more dramatic than everyone else's... so don't use it as an excuse when Villa wipe the floor with you :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Very Happy you dont even know how to troll well. Do you ?

since you came all this way, took the pain. Let me.

you are probably right regarding the list of injuries being not so long.
Its not the length btw, being such an experienced guy in GL I expected better man, its the personnels.

all these players barring fellaini may be are potential starters each week. So 5 non regulars and what we are left with are ageing legs such as rio , giggs and craps such as clev, welb. Tell me a team where 5 starters are simultaneously injured ? Can you ?

And now you will probably say that Soton drew with City without many first team regulars. Yea go on. Will see to that then.

Jut meant, it will worsen the already worse scenario. We didnt have vP ( 50 % fit in Newcastle game), carrick for the past few games and see the kind of mess we got into. Adding evra, vidic and smalling into that mix is hard to even imagine. Will be needing to depend on liabilities such as buttner, welbeck and young to win matches.

As far as the 'ammunition against moyes' is concerned, since you mentioned it I will say.
He is big time responsible.
1.Moyes rushed RvP from injury in an attempt to save his bottoms and made him play full 90 mins.
2.Then brought him again in the CL match just 3 days later. Is it a surprise for you he pulled a thigh while yea bravo you are right! taking a corner. (You are doing some serious research man into a rival squad, applause  Razz )
3. Added to that Almost every twitteratti are criticizing Moyes's training methods (Dutch national coach for instance ) and are stating that he is exhausting our players by making them train rigorously which of course can lead to niggles.

Excuse -
Was never even thinking of such a thing when i posted that, excuse and all. Have I mentioned something about Villa game until now. Now again since you mentioned, and thanks for that actually  Thumbs up .
let me
Actually we will. We can. We can afford to do exactly that. Moyes is just a human. Asking him to win an away match at this point of time without 5 of his starters and with scrubs like Young and co. is too much of an ask. If he pulls that off we will hail him. And if not we have every right give excuse. Ask Rodgers to play without 5 starters.

You realise one thing, I pretty sure you do.
You are here asking us, trolling knee deep with things like to stop give excuse.
Let me ask you
Can you handle one injury? Just one ? to that hamster Uruguayan.
Please dont forget You are being carried by him and him alone.

And now you perhaps will say that you beat us without him at Anfield. We are not a yardstick for quality measurement this season. We got beaten twice back to back at OT. Its the kind of season we are having to all of your joy sadly.How often do you guys see such a thing honestly, You beating us without Suarez is as rare as that.

I will have a coffee to that  :coffee: 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:02 pm

lol, learn to take some banter from a major rival, man...

But to reply seriously, then...

We missed Suarez for 10 games. How did we do? 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. Beat you lot 1 - 0, for a random example. Missed him for 5 PL matches this season, yet are still second. And we're being carried by him alone? Very Happy

You throw about the phrase "missing 5 starters". Which might change, still. Yet at the same time you are able to field an XI like this, for instance:

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Evans - Fabio
Jones
Valencia - Cleverley - Nani
Kagawa
Rooney

You really want to tell with a straight face that you're in a crisis that calls for a thread "injuries, injuries, injuries" to be made?  Rolling Eyes 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Even a Liverpool fan knows we should start Fabio ahead of Buttner. Moyes Sad

Anyway, the teams we face till the end of the year are from the bottom half the table so in a way our current injuries is not really an excuse from that point of view. However, the games do come quite quick this time of year, and it's more important at this part of the season to rotate so squad depth does become an issue.

On the bright side, we do get to see more of Kagawa in his favoured position. If he gets shoved to the left to accommodate Welbeck, then we really don't know how to use him.

In midfield, Cleverley put in a good performance against Shakhtar when he came on. I hope he moves in the direction of more positive play. Sometimes, he looks scared to doing anything remotely risky.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Art Morte is class ;)Not a troll at all. Just banter.

Anyways, back on topic. Moyes' decision to play him for the full 90 mins v Newcastle has basically bit us all on the arse. Terrible decision. And Moyes' explanation as to why he played him for the whole match was 'he didn't want people to wonder what he was doing if he subbed him earlier'. :facepalm:

It's sometimes hard to not criticize Moyes, he doesn't do himself any favours. Everything that could possibly go wrong this season in the league, is going wrong for Moyes.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:47 am

Art Morte wrote:lol, learn to take some banter from a major rival, man...

But to reply seriously, then...

We missed Suarez for 10 games. How did we do? 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss. Beat you lot 1 - 0, for a random example. Missed him for 5 PL matches this season, yet are still second. And we're being carried by him alone? Very Happy

You throw about the phrase "missing 5 starters". Which might change, still. Yet at the same time you are able to field an XI like this, for instance:

De Gea
Rafael - Ferdinand - Evans - Fabio
Jones
Valencia - Cleverley - Nani
Kagawa
Rooney

You really want to tell with a straight face that you're in a crisis that calls for a thread "injuries, injuries, injuries" to be made?  Rolling Eyes 

Haha first you are saying that we should not blame Moyes and then you are putting up a Manchester United Line up that has Fabio and Nani. Have you ever once seen Moyes playing Fabio this season in the PL dude.
FYI Evra's replacement is the eternal crap called Buttner not Fabio , and you have put Ferdinand there as well. Have you seen Ferdinand playing recently. Well if you have you wouldnt be saying a team with him is one that is capable.
Who else yea Cleverly. haha... utterly useless chap especially if played alongside a DM like jones or fellaini, only suited to work with carrick. Very evident from the last few games' performances. (you can check if you want).
Also how often have you seen Nani play on the left buddy. Its either Young or Welbeck who are first choices and more of lately thanks to Januzaj we are fortunate to be deprived of those 2 douches' services there.

What that roughly means is if we miss yea 5 starters, Moyes in all probability will play team like this (if we dont count Januzaj since his emergence is more of a surprise even moyes wouldnt have imagined and also because he is not a winger )

ddg
rafael-rio-evans-buttner
cleverly-jones
valencia-kagawa-young
rooney

and especially under this crisis we are going through, do you honestly think that is a good team ??
Only dependable chaps in this line up are ddg, evans, rafael, jones and rooney . even kagawa is a hit and miss at the moment in the PL. Rest of the guys like young, buttner, clev and all wouldnt have even made onto bench if they were playing for other top teams.

yea now about suarez factor
True you scrapped to 1-0 wins against stoke ,villa and against us, 3 largely average teams until now in the league as far as form alone is concerned , drew with swansea and lost at home to soton. Very Happy.
Apart from Saints which obviously you lost you didnt face one quality opposition again if we take purely the form factor.
And yet you dont admit lfc is only about suarez. Very Happy. k your wish.
How about a worse case scenario for you guys. Real Madrid coming for him in January( Flo Perez the maaan Very Happy) seeing his blistering form of late with a real deal. And the guy deserts you. How about that. Can you cope and maintain this form when someone like skrtel is trying so so hard to let you drop hard earned points  ? The whole world know the answer even if you dont admit it.

Yea wont mind a rival banter. Enjoys it a lot as a matter of fact Twisted Evil, but that sounded more like a troll, not a banter.
Banter is when you attack the rival on a more neutral platform or at least when there are something like an argument or debate regarding competition between the two clubs which they support are involved. What you did here was barging into the 'rival territory' and commenting in a provoking manner on a matter which was entirely 'internal' and was concerning only us.  

For my buddies out here who know you for long time in the forum, it might have sounded like a friendly banter. But for someone relatively new to this and someone who dont know much about the general mannerisms of the people here, it simply didnt.
k leave it. Dont want to stretch that in particular and I dont intend to go personal . smoking

Yea having said that will be more than ready to reply if you get back at me regarding the topic, and mufc - lfc rivalry is concerned. Clubber

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Add Nani to the injury list as well.

The players are not getting injured during matches, so they're obviously get injured training. Moyes needs to alter his training techniques, becaus they seem far too intensive.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Dinosaur caching staff with dinosaur training methods.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:44 pm

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but...

Tomorrow's Times

Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.  BestH2uIYAA8ot4
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Just our friggin luck this season. Unbelievable!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:58 am

don't matter much...

Carrick or not the quality of our midfield is shit...one guy missing doesn't mean much anymore
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:26 pm

whats the latest regarding injuries for the game against QPR?

Shaw, will he be available ?? and rafael ?? He should be fit. am I right ?
And Is carrick close to full recovery ?? Was it 1 month or 3 months ?? I forgot.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Rafael, Shaw and Herrera should all be fit.

Not sure about Smalling or Jones.

Carrick, Fellaini and Lingard should definitely be out.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:22 am

Valencia is injured - hamstring

Good news

We're going to play a behind-closed doors match to help Carrick gain match fitness.

Both Smalling and Jones are back to full training.

Herrera has come back early and is only suffering minimal pain. Might play vs West Brom or might be rested so he can be a 100% fit for Chelsea.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-injury-crisis-easing-4443394
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:30 am

At last, a glimpse of positive news.

hmm not too sure if we should risk Herrera for the WBA match if he isn't 100% fit. Would rather we give him that extra week in preperation for the Chelsea match.

Maybe come on as a 2nd half sub against West Brom, depending on how the game is going.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:07 am

really I feared the worst when I saw this thread open again. pale

but fortunately for a change I found good news in this. cheers
eventhough valencia getting injured is a mini bad news imo. He was good in the rm role which i think is after all his best position, neither too ahead nor too deep and Just about in the middle. He is not particularly good at either attacking or defending but, but he can do a decent job in supporting and holding up that flank and with his pace he can combine well with an in-form rafa. So that was sort of a masterstroke from LvG's part to put him there, in a slot we havent seen him playing at all. Cool

Hmm so if both arent available. I guess the lot is going to fall on Fletcher. Suspect And there I am a little worried. lol

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:15 pm

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal boosted by Ander Herrera return ahead of West Brom clash
Manchester United's Ander Herrera is ready to face West Brom on Monday, easing Louis van Gaal’s injury problems

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11168209/Manchester-United-manager-Louis-van-Gaal-boosted-by-Ander-Herrera-return-ahead-of-West-Brom-clash.html

Injuries, injuries and more Injuries.  Lvgfyjt4
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:14 pm

main man Herrera. Proud The way he played in that game against Ham. It was some performance. isnt it !?. ohhhhhh boy... cant wait. We desperately wanted him back against the chavs.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Van Gaal says only 4 plays out injured: Lingard, Evans, Valencia and McNair.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Good news.

Now we have to hope the recovered players can atleast go for a long period without breaking down again.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:04 pm

on the flip side lol thanks to all these injuries we have discovered 2 very promising young CBs. Evans and Smalling's places in the team are under threat clearly. Laughing Perform or just fo.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Manchester United's Angel di Maria winning race to face Chelsea in Premier League tie
Winger should be fit to face league leaders on Sunday after having extra treatment on his injured thigh

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11181490/Manchester-Uniteds-Angel-di-Maria-winning-race-to-face-Chelsea-in-Premier-League-tie.html
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next