Bear
Soul
Shed
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Abramovich
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Double standards? Empty Double standards?

Post by Abramovich Wed 11 Dec 2013, 22:39

These performances have been damn right SHIT.

Mou since he's come back from Mehdrid don't know what happened to him but he caught some nasty stuff from that horrible club. If this was Rafa fans would be going nuts, but because its Mou no one says anything.

He's ruining KDB's world cup chances, Lukaku is lucky he got out instead of rotting on the bench. I hope he leaves in January as well.

Mou is a liar and I can't stand him and his lineups, he doesn't have a fricking clue about rotation. RIP fringe / young players you'll never succeed under Mou.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Double standards? Empty Re: Double standards?

Post by Abramovich Wed 11 Dec 2013, 22:41

Also this was at home against some scrub club (no disrespect) yet that was one of the most boring games I've ever seen Chelsea play.

Nice one Mou.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Wed 11 Dec 2013, 22:46

Agreed.

But the players should share the blame. Regardless of the lineup we should have won this 5 nil.

The worst game iv watched in ages.
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 11 Dec 2013, 23:51

Without question. Have been saying so continually. Had any of this shambles been taking place under a Rafa, AVB, etc., people would be waving their flaming pitchforks eons ago.

We're now 6 months into Mou's reign, and it can't be classified, for me, as anything short of a categorical disappointment thus far.

Start off with the summer. There were clear, bleedingly obvious areas in the squad that needed desperately, critically to be addressed - CM and ST. He failed to strengthen either of them (bar a 20-year-old kid from the Dutch League [who he likely never would have played anyway even if he hadn't gotten the injury] and a past-it merc looking for a final pay-cheque) - and succeeded in blowing £50m+ on players we were already stacked with. You can, as many invariably will, blame Emenalo/Gourlay/whoever, but the idea that José Mourinho, of all managers, had, and would have agreed to have when he signed his contract just weeks before, NO say in transfers whatsoever, is just blinkered to me.

The man-management has been shockingly - and uncharacteristically, considering whom we're talking about - bad as well. Freezing out DeBruyne, marginalising 2-time player of the year Mata for quite literally no reason at all (unless your gullible enough to still believe the old 'tracking back' snake oil he's dished out since day 1), completely freezing out Azpilicueta for 3 months (in favour of a dire Ivanovic, whom Azpi had proven himself to be far better than even the season before), then suddenly throwing him into the team as an automatic starter in another player's position, completely shitting all over Ryan Bertrand by playing a RB over him in his own position despite flawless performances every time he's gotten a chance, essentially having Luiz with one foot out the door barely 2 months into the campaign, loaning out our best striker who scored 18 goals last season, etc. Not to mention the old 'different strokes for different folks' adage that seems to be standard operating procedure under his tenure thus far. Ex. - Mata has to 'impress' him and 'earn his place' (remember when he publicly singled him out personally saying he 'wasn't convincing' versus Everton, and flat-out blamed him for our loss vs Basel), but the likes of Oscar and Hazard (especially the latter) can have as many shit games week after week as they want and still be the first names on the teamsheet.

On the pitch hasn't been much better. The football has been shite for the most part. Slow, methodical, aimless, overly-cautious, etc. We can't score, we scarcely create, and now we can't even defend. Even the matches we have gotten positive results in, a significant number of them have by a.) luck, b.) a moment of individual brilliance, c.) dodgy officiating, or d.) a combination ofseveral of them.

Examples:

Villa — scored early to take the lead, concede just before half-time, a player who shouldn't even have been on the pitch puts us ahead and was also offside, then Villa are denied a penalty late on.

United — home side denied a probable penalty pretty late which would have won it for them (and I won't even get into the tactics for that match...)

Norwich — scored early, conceded, Hazard puts us ahead via a freakish deflection off a Norwich defender that virtually became a through-ball, then Willian scores a wonder-goal to seal the points

Arsenal (COC) — Azpi puts us ahead off an Arsenal mistake at the back, Mata clinches it with a wonder-strike

City — won in the last minute off City screwing up a simple situation at the back

West Brom — awarded a farcical penalty in the last minute of stoppage time to salvage a point

Sunderland — rock bottom of the league, needed an OG to scrape a win

and several more

I didn't expect any different stylistically speaking given Mou's nature as I'd been sounding off about since January, but this is even worse than anyone could have foreseen. We're playing for draws against any team of quality, and look increasingly shite against even the supposedly easier sides.

Now, all that said, there's no doubt in my mind he can turn it round, and indeed will do eventually, but there's no denying it's all been just poor up to this point. I didn't want him appointed in the first place as all here know, but he's our manager now, and I want him to succeed emphatically. And that's something I think we can all agree on.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu 12 Dec 2013, 05:41

Agree with y'all.

If it were any other manager, the decisions he took would have led to the fans calling for his head before Christmas.

I just hope he turns things around
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Thu 12 Dec 2013, 10:09

I just want to say that I don't think that Mou is flawless but I feel you're being extremely harsh.

Of course Mou was always going to get more leeway than previous managers, he's rightfully regarded as a legend here and has the CV to back his shit up. AVB & Rafa never had that. Rafa was never going to be judged fairly here after his comments about us as Liverpool manager and AVB never had the results to back his philosophy up.

In terms of transfers I'd totally agree with you tho, although I really like Willian & Shirley they are types of players that we're clearly stocked in and we totally failed to strengthen our weakest areas. I think Mou feels we need a new striker which we'd all agree on but the fact that he thinks Lampard & Ramires is a good enough pivot is very worrying.

He's also seemed to have a new set of 'untouchables', players like Iva, Lampard, Hazard & Cole have all consistently started despite some poor performances and a lot of them have played way more than they should have despite having adequate or even better replacements.

His treatment of Mata & Azpi has also been horrid and it's something i can't really excuse, don't need to go into detail here because I think everyone knows they deserve to be playing (at RB in the case of Azpi)

His treatment of KDB I'm willing to give some leeway because he's not been impressive whenever he's played, he probably should play more but his performance level suggests that Mou actually *may* have a decent reason for not including him.

In terms of the type of football we've been playing;- We already knew Mou is a counter attacking manager and that's what we've seen so far, we've not seen truly excellent football since Ancelotti who had a far greater team, although to be fair you've acknowledged that. Also, you can't expect us to consistently carve teams open at will, sometimes defenders are just gonna make mistakes and it's capitalizing on those mistakes that scores you goals. Look at Arsenal against Southampton or Utd against Cardiff, that's just how football is.

The reason I feel you're being harsh is simply because of results;- topped our CL group, still in the LC and if Arsenal lose at the Etihad we'll only be 2 points of 1st and if you entertain the thought of us winning at the Emirates(yea, I know) then we'd actually be a point clear. Mou isn't an idiot and he'll know we need to improve but realistically this Chelsea team needs a few years to rebuild back to a CL contender and I genuinely feel Mou is the man to do that.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu 12 Dec 2013, 15:24

Honestly, after reading that, I think you're just as critical of Mou as we all are Laughing

On a serious note though, it is not about us being content with what we've got at the moment. Think of all the times he has screwed up when he shouldn't have. Granted we're in an alright position but like Shed said, it's just been that way due to luck and individual brilliance so far. The decisions he had to take were really straight forward and any one who has been following Chelsea would know what's needed.

His ostracized Mata, spent on Willian instead of important positions, played it safe against lower clubs (yes that includes United), played his loan cards all wrong, makes horrid squad rotations etc

He's like my ex-girlfriend; saying just the words you've been wanting to hear (at press conferences) and then doing absolutely nothing (on the pitch). I feel like he's really manipulative especially regarding Lukaku. He basically told him to shut up just to exert his authority via the media

The Mourinho we all wanted back was the charismatic manager that inspired the squad to improvement and commitment. Right now all we're seeing is a grumpy old guy depending on his past achievements who's on the verge of losing control of the club.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu 12 Dec 2013, 16:02

Soul wrote:The Mourinho we all wanted back was the charismatic manager that inspired the squad to improvement and commitment. Right now all we're seeing is a grumpy old guy depending on his past achievements who's on the verge of losing control of the club.

Indeed. Made this exact point myself almost 3 months ago:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t30912p612-the-official-jose-mourinho-thread#1033455

Shed wrote:I suppose, but he should consider modifying the attitude/tone he's been increasingly emitting since he returned. This 'new Jose' is beginning to look less like the relaxed cool-guy image he was intending to put out and more like a cantankerous sourpuss.

He used to be exciting, different and bold. Now he's starting to look like a miserable, bickersome old grouch.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu 12 Dec 2013, 18:49

Mourinho's second year is always better, but if he were any other coach you guys would of sacked before he gets his second year.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu 12 Dec 2013, 19:33

To be honest, Rafa should have been given another season with Chelsea, but the temptation was always there to go for Mou and we have gone for it. Now some quarters already don't like many things - Play style & some players are not treated well etc even if we are n't doing badly. I call this Madrid syndrome.

Mou no doubt is not the same manager Chelsea saw first time, but neither is EPL. Managers make choices and they can go either ways. It is always easy to blame them in hindsight. Had they been making bad choice over years, Yes it deserves action, but over a few months - no.

Not all Chelsea's signings are solely Mou's, If he says otherwise don't believe him as well know Roman.  He knows he has unbalanced side. He will make his mark, but needs more than half a season. His inexperience in working with inexperienced/young player is showing, but he will have to learn it or buy experienced talent as he always did. Let us see
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 12 Dec 2013, 19:41

Abramovich wrote:Mou is a liar and I can't stand him and his lineups, he doesn't have a fricking clue about rotation. RIP fringe / young players you'll never succeed under Mou.
When have young players ever thrived under Mou? scratch He's not a mentor and he will never be. Don't expect that from him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu 12 Dec 2013, 23:41

some say Ozil thrived under Mou, but that's all i can really think of.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri 13 Dec 2013, 05:36

First off, Robben. How old was he when he joined?

Secondly, are we really going to play this game? we qualified top (better than last year) we could be (if results go our way) sitting in first by the end of the year (better than last year) and while we're not playing well, there is plenty of room for improvement with Jan just around the corner. And you guys want Jose gone? So we can replace him with?....

We've struggled to find another manager since him and I'd like to keep him around for longer than we had, we're getting results and are not far off in the table so why change things up? I know we expect a lot but I feel this season we should expect a little less. His second season will be better and we're not far off the EPL title this season, imagine what could happen next season if we improve?

seriously, judge him at the end of the year, not now. We always dip around this time anyway. Things will pick come in the new year.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri 13 Dec 2013, 05:49

Please do point out to us where anyone even hinted at wanting Jose gone.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri 13 Dec 2013, 05:59

Rebelles.REUS.rex wrote:the players should share the blame
Shed wrote:Now, all that said, there's no doubt in my mind he can turn it round, and indeed will do eventually, but there's no denying it's all been just poor up to this point. I didn't want him appointed in the first place as all here know, but he's our manager now, and I want him to succeed emphatically.
Soul wrote:I just hope he turns things around
Bear wrote:Mou isn't an idiot and he'll know we need to improve but realistically this Chelsea team needs a few years to rebuild back to a CL contender and I genuinely feel Mou is the man to do that.
Nedved wrote:He knows he has unbalanced side. He will make his mark, but needs more than half a season.

Soooo.....yeah. Would love to know where you're seeing anyone saying he should go.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri 13 Dec 2013, 06:35

Don't pick on Kicky lol
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri 13 Dec 2013, 06:36

He made the accusation, not me.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 13 Dec 2013, 11:33

An interesting thread hmm

But your results have been fairly good, especially comparing to everyone else in the Prem, only Arsenal have more points.

Looking at your fixtures list:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/chelsea/fixtures

you've got some interesting ones coming up. But what ever happens, I can only see Mourinho get sacked during the season if you fail to progress in the CL in February and you're not in the top-3 in PL then.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri 13 Dec 2013, 14:31

Interesting thread indeed; we don't get too many visitors from other clubs in our threads that much

I reckon you're right on that ultimatum. It's going to be an eventful end to this season
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 13 Dec 2013, 20:14

Soul wrote:Interesting thread indeed; we don't get too many visitors from other clubs in our threads that much

I like the occasional peek into yours or Arsenal's section, both have got a pretty good bunch of posters in them. Obviously not as good as the Liverpool section, but still. Although I may write something in these threads and not check back on them until it's all forgotten Razz
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri 13 Dec 2013, 20:18

You should visit more often Thumbs up

We could use all the activity we can get around here Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue 17 Dec 2013, 23:42

Double standards? Tumblr_mxz30z2Luk1ruhh4yo1_1280

Precisely. Only replace "just as bad" with "worse".

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri 20 Dec 2013, 01:38

Robbie Savage: Jose Mourinho sounds like a broken record and it's time to change the tune:
The Blues were better to watch under Rafa Benitez last season regardless of the Special One's bluster about their beautiful football
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savage-column-chelseas-jose-2942983

Much as it will hurt Chelsea supporters to admit it, they played better football under Rafa Benitez last season than in Jose Mourinho's second coming.

I like Mourinho, and all the panache he brings to the job, but he is beginning to sound like a broken record when he says Chelsea have played beautiful football - after losing at the likes of Stoke and, this week, Sunderland.
Mourinho does not look as comfortable trying to implement an attacking style, with the accent on flair, as he did when Chelsea used to wear teams down. With largely the same players at his disposal, Benitez - who did a fantastic job as interim coach last season, with little thanks for it - played better football

Hard to refute. We're now 4 months into Mourinho's reign. 4 months into Rafa's, things were starting admittedly to come together and we were increasingly looking quite a cohesive, functioning unit. If anything, we look worse now than we have at any point in the last 4 months into this 'second coming'. Worrying.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon 23 Dec 2013, 22:53

If that game plan was Rafas.....
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon 23 Dec 2013, 22:55

Abramovich wrote:If that game plan was Rafas.....
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next