Arsenal v Hull Preview - Page 2 Bams-exCQAAwh_z
based on Arsene comments i think CB area might go unchanged

Hull at home but where else we can do experimental stuff
i would go with
Flamshere pivot
with Gnab Rozza and santi Supporting Theo

but that not gonna happen lol

Meyler Joined Koren and Sagbo to stop pool defence plying it to midfield easily
but they could still play it through them thats where Wenger saying not disrupting teams balance is important

lets do this
COYG

should have atleast 38 pts before facing chavs which is another must win game

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Hull Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal v Hull Preview

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 pm

bloodless wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Monreal
Flamini Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla Rosicky
Giroud

This would be my team for tonight, which is balanced with a lot of rotating and a good team to win and not underestimate Hull City. We all know how they are gonna approach the game, they'll park the bus and counter which is where Giroud comes into play, he's been so important for us against these kind of opposition. We can rest him against Everton, who under Martinez will come at us rather than wait (I'd play Walcott upfront here) - and Napoli where he's not needed (again Walcott). Giroud would come back after a week's rest against City Smile

Also I would rest Koscielny rather than Mertesacker. Mertesacker/Koscielny against Everton , Koscielny/Vermaelen against Napoli and Mertesacker/Koscielny against City. Just feel more comfortable having Mertesacker for the bigger matches.
this would be my team too, question of giroud but who else can play there?
Özil as false 9, though he aswell needs a rest so he can play the next few games in a row and Theo Walcott is also an option but not against Hull City imo.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Hope AW plays Gnabry, Rosicky, Walcott up top with Flamini, Arteta & Cazorla in the middle.

Giroud, Ramsey and Ozil have to be rested. But tactically the team needs to win without it's 3 best offensive players for the benifit of the team mentally as a whole.

On a side issue it's high time Walcott evolved, his play is far too one dimensional his movement off the ball is laborious. As much as people said we missed him, I honestly can't recall a game this season where he's been missed.

Ozil bollocked him the other night against Marseille, when he was causally jogging back.

Before anyone says Man United at OT a) The whole team had a virus & b) We created 2 great chances on another day had (a) not occurred Arsenal would have scored.

A Walcott & Jenkinson combo reeks of technical inefficieny, at least Gnarby on the right won't pass it back to Jenkinson he'll take people on, and create. Tactically Arsenal's fluidity suffers as a result of his style of play, those interchanges at Swansea away don't happen with Walcott playing.

In all honesty Walcott should be a super sub at the very most, old age tactic of being quick against tired legs, he doesn't contribute anywhere near the level of the rest of the midfield and attack. For someone on a 100k a week there has been very little to show for it. Personally I'm gutted by his form over the last year since he signed his contract he's been very poor.

Hopefully tonight he steps up, and evolves his style of play and proves me wrong.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:32 pm

If we dont rotate against Hull at home, I dont think we can get another chance for a while. We have players who can make a Difference and Vermaelen can do that.

Jenkinson will start, he will get better through out the game, he will be surrounded by top players who will help him out.

Özil: "The reason I signed for Arsenal was not that there are other German players at the club. Its because the manager convinced me"
Heart 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:19 pm

Benry wrote:Hope AW plays Gnabry, Rosicky, Walcott up top with Flamini, Arteta & Cazorla in the middle.

Giroud, Ramsey and Ozil have to be rested. But tactically the team needs to win without it's 3 best offensive players for the benifit of the team mentally as a whole.

On a side issue it's high time Walcott evolved, his play is far too one dimensional his movement off the ball is laborious. As much as people said we missed him, I honestly can't recall a game this season where he's been missed.

Ozil bollocked him the other night against Marseille, when he was causally jogging back.

Before anyone says Man United at OT a) The whole team had a virus & b) We created 2 great chances on another day had (a) not occurred Arsenal would have scored.

A Walcott & Jenkinson combo reeks of technical inefficieny, at least Gnarby on the right won't pass it back to Jenkinson he'll take people on, and create. Tactically Arsenal's fluidity suffers as a result of his style of play, those interchanges at Swansea away don't happen with Walcott playing.

In all honesty Walcott should be a super sub at the very most, old age tactic of being quick against tired legs, he doesn't contribute anywhere near the level of the rest of the midfield and attack. For someone on a 100k a week there has been very little to show for it. Personally I'm gutted by his form over the last year since he signed his contract he's been very poor.

Hopefully tonight he steps up, and evolves his style of play and proves me wrong.
We missed Walcott at the very least against Cardiff (A), Marseille (H), West Brom (A), Dortmund home and away, Man Utd (A) (that virus excuse is the most pathetic I've heard from Arsenal fans) and this is without mentioning those tight games we won due to individual brilliance in attack rather than collective. No one in our team that has played during this run gets in goalscoring positions as often and as good as Walcott and no one is as clinical in front of goal as Walcott (well except Podolski who's been out aswell).

Just thinking about Walcott, not only THE TEAM has missed him but individually he has been missed by some players aswell. How many through balls have Özil, Ramsey and Wilshere put together ONLY to end up losing possession or a backpass because of our lack of speed in wide and central positions? Özil is forced to make off the ball runs because no one else does when Walcott is out. Giroud is another player who badly misses Walcott. Walcott is our only player (with Podolski) who actually crosses with speed and power the way Giroud likes. Not to mention the low crosses which Giroud likes to convert.

I'd say he's missed a lot because of these reasons and more.

As for Jenkinson and Walcott partnership you have a point there but I don't see why their technical ability is going to hurt us against HULL ITY AT HOME. We all know how Steve Bruce approaches a game against Arsenal at the Emirates, they won't press us. Walcott could actually help us in the counter attack when Hull City will inevitably earn some momentum and bring bodies forward.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 pm

good preview and discussion.. (considering it is midweek)
btw, why suddenly everyone feels that we will rotate massively for this game..? just because Wenger said ? Rolling Eyes 
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Walcott's been injured for a couple of months and you're now demanding he evolve his style of play tonight? Sorry to say you'll probably be disappointed. Walcott has had about 20 minutes of playing time since he's come back and isn't going to be at his sharpest tonight.

Fulham and Sunderland away were two games that showed what this side can be like with Walcott in it. Walcott missed several chances in those games, but he was a constant threat in behind; Ozil found him at least three times in that Sunderland game. His speed would be valuable on the counter, too, and for what he doesn't contribute to the midfield or build-up he more than makes up for by adding an extra dimension to our attack. We'll be a much more dangerous side with him.

btw, why suddenly everyone feels that we will rotate massively for this game..? just because Wenger said ?
Because it's the most opportune time to do so, given the schedule we have.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:52 pm

With Everton, Napoli, Chelsea, City to come in the next month. It's best to rotate now.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:00 pm

04 Dec WED Hull (H)
08 Dec SUN Everton (H)
11 Dec WED Napoli (A)
14 Dec SAT City (A)
23 Dec MON Chelsea (H)
26 Dec THU West Ham (A)
29 Dec SUN Newcastle (A)
01 Jan WED Cardiff (H)
04 Jan SAT FA Cup Round 3

That's why the rotation. And about time we did too.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:08 pm

For the first time in years we have quality players who can come in and replace any of our first team players and now we have a problem with that?
We can't wait for the player to get injured to get some rest, we have a tough month ahead, it will take everything we have to stay on top of the league.
We must rotate, the last thing we want to hear is the "jaded". Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:16 pm

I can see Jenkinson, Rosicky, Theo, Flamini and maybe Monreal coming in but I doubt we'll see any other changes. Arsene will still take this game seriously considering Hull just beat Liverpool.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Arsenal have scored 5 headed goals from just 7 headers this season in the EPL. amazing states, with Theo coming back this will grow.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:19 pm

@ UrbanRoots

Clearly you don't partake in any athletic past-time otherwise you'd know the affects a virus has on athletic performance, the virus afflicted the whole squad some worse than others . When a human being is affected by a vomit inducing virus this will reduce any level of performance you won't be 100%, please take from someone who knows. It's not an excuse it's a factor, just look at how weak Giroud and Ramsey were in the air against Van Persie compare that to any other performance and you'll see the vast difference. Winning big games even those against smaller teams require 100% in the PL, those are marginal gains (squad being ill) that make a difference between winning.

Your analysis of Walcott, is very MOTDish, no shot to goal ratio's or cross success rate. I'll give you an example where your analysis lacks any substance from this season against Sunderland he had two great chances and shot straight at the keeper. His shocking miss against Newcastle last game of last season was embarrassing.

No offence but I massively disagree, and I'm sure you don't actually understand team dynamic and team chemistry this isn't FIFA or FM, your analysis would suggest Vermaelen is our best defender. A vast majority of our victories this year have come from a huge work ethic, but fundamentally the team was balanced. That's why Mertesacker and Koscielny work together so well.

Dortmund home and away games could have gone either way both big pitches, yet for that reason alone Walcott has played against inferior opposition and has failed to perform. Marseille home we won the match in 30 seconds, he came on and missed a sitter for such a "clinical" finisher.

WBA we missed Sagna far more than Walcott, Jenkinson was being roasted by Beraniho and Sessengon. The outlet for pace has been found out in the modern game, he's very one dimensional and doesn't work anywhere near the level his counterparts do.

Regarding your questioning of the need technical ability again this demonstrates a lack of understanding. If those two struggle to play incisively in comparison to say Sagna & Wilshere, or struggle to switch the play, Hull will be able to put more pressure on nullifying the threat on the left and middle of the pitch. Newly promoted sides are becoming more and more adept tactically.

Ultimately I hope I am wrong and Walcott shows me up, as all I want is the 3 points, but I don't believe he warrants a first team start the team has looked far more cohesive and balanced without him in the side.

@ Goonerjay

Maybe I'm not communicating myself properly, by evolve I don't mean a hat-trick or anything like that not even a goal, more Walcott's participation in matches, people say Özil isn't as involved yet his all round movement offensively and defensively is incredible and unnoticed, furthermore he is vocal on the pitch as well far more than watching a game on TV suggest. A more realistic example would be that of Gnabry, tactically sound works hard for the team and puts himself about when he can. Is that too much to ask from Walcott?
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Eman wrote:I can see Jenkinson, Rosicky, Theo, Flamini and maybe Monreal coming in but I doubt we'll see any other changes. Arsene will still take this game seriously considering Hull just beat Liverpool.
A win is a win, but tbf Liverpool had 2 crazy own goals. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal have scored 5 headed goals from just 7 headers this season in the EPL. amazing states, with Theo coming back this will grow.
Theo likes them low crosses to Giroud... And to be honest, he's much better at that than high crosses.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:34 pm

djoe26 wrote:Jenks perfomance against Chelsea has changed some fans opinion about him. He is hard worker and will only get better.
Jenks is a "hot and cold" player.

When he is 100% focused he plays really well. And you see some glimpses that he might just go on and play an important part in the Arsenal squad in the future.

But the thing is when he's off his game. He is just, simply put, dreadful. He makes so many mistakes and I think one mistakes causes him to doubt himself more and then it's just a mental thing from then on which leads to other mistakes.

The only thing that can help Jenks imo, is getting regular game-time. But we all know that ain't happening when Sagna is fit, so yeah... Neutral
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm

@ Benry I do see what you saying, but we have missed Walcott this season. I know some of his misses are mind blowing but he is always a scoring threat.

One you thing you have mention and we all can see during his game is he likes to pass it back and does not take on players. Gnabry in other hands does not care who is in front of him and will take on any player on and that's what we want to see from Theo. I believe Theo has improved, last game he came on had an assist and almost scored.
I dont think with Theo, Oxe and Podolski returning we will see much of Gnabry. I have always been hard on Theo but I can see him being a difference maker this year and hope he does fight hard for starting line up.

The competition in the midfield is so high, Theo will have to give everything to get his spot back. I dont think Theo will get his spot back for while unless he performs unbelievable.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Nishank wrote:We are shit, One of Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho doesnt play we have no one to replace them. You'll win this easy, Chill.
Plus you were away..... we are the only team Hull has been beaten away in its last 30 attempts at PL level rofl

That loss still pisses me off Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Maybe I'm not communicating myself properly, by evolve I don't mean a hat-trick or anything like that not even a goal, more Walcott's participation in matches, people say Özil isn't as involved yet his all round movement offensively and defensively is incredible and unnoticed, furthermore he is vocal on the pitch as well far more than watching a game on TV suggest. A more realistic example would be that of Gnabry, tactically sound works hard for the team and puts himself about when he can. Is that too much to ask from Walcott?
That depends on what you reasonably expect from a player who isn't match fit. Long term, sure, I'd love for Walcott to be less of a peripheral figure, but for the games coming up I'm fine with him playing as he usually does in the role he usually has in the side. I've long since accepted that Walcott probably isn't going to change much as a player now, but I'm of the opinion that he's a valuable member of the team regardless.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Walcott has always been like that.. how often we see him getting involved in the play.. in many matches he is totally anonymous.. but in the end you look the scoresheet.. it will be him who scored or assisted.. he is vital to our team and squad despite him being on form or not..
i just hope that he understands that he is a RW and tries to lay accordingly and improve his game which surely he can..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Benry wrote:@ UrbanRoots

Clearly you don't partake in any athletic past-time otherwise you'd know the affects a virus has on athletic performance, the virus afflicted the whole squad some worse than others . When a human being is affected by a vomit inducing virus this will reduce any level of performance you won't be 100%, please take from someone who knows. It's not an excuse it's a factor, just look at how weak Giroud and Ramsey were in the air against Van Persie compare that to any other performance and you'll see the vast difference. Winning big games even those against smaller teams require 100% in the PL, those are marginal gains (squad being ill) that make a difference between winning.

Your analysis of Walcott, is very MOTDish, no shot to goal ratio's or cross success rate. I'll give you an example where your analysis lacks any substance from this season against Sunderland he had two great chances and shot straight at the keeper. His shocking miss against Newcastle last game of last season was embarrassing.

No offence but I massively disagree, and I'm sure you don't actually understand team dynamic and team chemistry this isn't FIFA or FM, your analysis would suggest Vermaelen is our best defender.  A vast majority of our victories this year have come from a huge work ethic, but fundamentally the team was balanced. That's why Mertesacker and Koscielny work together so well.

Dortmund home and away games could have gone either way both big pitches, yet for that reason alone Walcott has played against inferior opposition and has failed to perform. Marseille home we won the match in 30 seconds, he came on and missed a sitter for such a "clinical" finisher.

WBA we missed Sagna far more than Walcott, Jenkinson was being roasted by Beraniho and Sessengon. The outlet for pace has been found out in the modern game, he's very one dimensional and doesn't work anywhere near the level his counterparts do.

Regarding your questioning of the need technical ability again this demonstrates a lack of understanding. If those two struggle to play incisively in comparison to say Sagna & Wilshere, or struggle to switch the play, Hull will be able to put more pressure on nullifying the threat on the left and middle of the pitch. Newly promoted sides are becoming more and more adept tactically.

Ultimately I hope I am wrong and Walcott shows me up, as all I want is the 3 points, but I don't believe he warrants a first team start the team has looked far more cohesive and balanced without him in the side.
Özil looked like the only who was truly affected by the "virus" against MU (Mertesacker and Rosicky too but they were not in the squad). Giroud and Ramsey looked perfectly fine to me. Ramsey had a poor performance in the first half because he was playing out of position and doesn't have either the close control or ability to get behind a defence to play that role, which is why Flamini came off at half time and Ramsey to CM. Giroud just looked isolated because Özil was poor and out of position half the time, Cazorla dropping too deep, same with Ramsey who doesn't know the role. I don't see the "virus" had any effect , they were not even affected allegedly. You could see Walcott's importance in that game when Gnabry came on and did what Walcott would've done - get behind MU's defence and create chances. Gnabry did that twice in such short time.

I don't have to put statistics here to prove Walcott's ability to cross I CBA tbh. What I'm sure is that every one who watches Arsenal can pretty easily tell that Walcott is atleast one of our best crossers if not the best and is our most clinical finisher with Podolski. You've pointed out his misses against Sunderland but do I really have to point out his GOALS when he only had a few chances/game AND from difficult angles aswell? Newcastle home, Wigan home and away, Man Utd home, Chelsea away and on and on. Walcott missing easy chances is the exception rather than the rule. Let's just say he had the "virus" against Sunderland Wink

Anyway I'm not the biggest Walcott fan (as seen many times on here) he has his faults - but atleast I can accept that he has other assets which makes him one of our best players and things which you fail to point out.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Hull City have only won one of their last 30 away games in the Premier League, thats a horrible state. We must finish the game off early and have our way with them the rest of the game.

Theo with a Hat-trick?hmm 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:34 pm

@ Raptor

Not saying Walcott wouldn't have been useful but the way people in general talk about the difference he would make is ridiculous. The only attribute Arsenal have missed to a point is his pace, his finishing is debatable at best. If Chamberlain was fit he would have more than compensated for Arsenal's lack of pace, having said that Gnarby is almost as quick as Walcott, however AW is correctly bedding him in slowly.

He was outstanding the first half of last season, then after he signed his deal he seemed to regress. I also don't like manner in which he held a gun to AW head last season regarding the contract.

You make a good point regarding competition, hopefully he performs and coupled with a World Cup at the end of the season, he should play out of his skin.

@Urban

I believe those goals you mentioned a few came after the contract was signed, see point above. You say he's one of our best players but on what basis. One of the most polarising yes, but best? What constitutes as best player do you mean offensively, again based on the last 12 months that wouldn't hold up.

Point being and until proven otherwise, for me I believe he is more effective as substitute and doesn't warrant a starting berth. Good squad player yes. Your point on Gnabry at OT is valid, however Ganbry is a better technician than Walcott and like most other teams that play against pace United would have dropped back anyway. Making the space in behind redundant.
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:03 pm

This could be the line up. Laughing
Not sure if Wenger going to make many changes.

Arsenal v Hull Preview - Page 2 BaqOC8rIcAAJkOZ
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2