Nedved
Abramovich
El Chelsea Fuerte
Shed
Kick
19 posters

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Thread

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 pm

He Carried the team last year but there is life after him just like there was life after Zola.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Thread

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Shed wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:FFS get over Mata already. Two time player-of-the-season my ass.

Seriously?

Yes.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Kick wrote:He Carried the team last year but there is life after him just like there was life after Zola.

And there's evidence to that based on our results now. Unless someone believes our results would have been better with Mata.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:59 pm

To not object to his absence from the side now and going forward is one thing. To completely dismiss and even insult everything he's contributed over the last 2 seasons is quite another. Completely tasteless imo.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 pm

I believe the team would be better with Mata, but the more we change our style, the less effective Mata would be meaning the less important.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Shed wrote:To not object to his absence from the side now and going forward is one thing. To completely dismiss and even insult everything he's contributed over the last 2 seasons is quite another. Completely tasteless imo.

I'm the former, not the latter.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:Two time player-of-the-season my ass.

Last edited by Shed on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 pm

BTW, if Mata decides to leave this summer then we're actually in trouble. We will have to buy a replacement. The position once with incredible depth can easily become the position of weakness, since now we just have The Ghost of Yuri Zhirkov and Mata as replacements. Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Shed wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:Two time player-of-the-season my ass.

Lets just say, my post was lost in translation. smoking

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Seems to be happening quite a bit lately....
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:11 pm

hmm 

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 pm

TBH, bring in a youth player, Piazon would be my choice. Atsu, another.

Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Piazon and Ramires. Plenty of Depth.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Kick wrote:TBH, bring in a youth player, Piazon would be my choice. Atsu, another.

May I respectfully disagree! That may be depth but certainly not quality depth. Ramires is not an attacking winger (and will not be utilized as that in our current system bar an emergency) and Piazon is too inexperienced and not proven. Schurrle is yet to adapt.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:19 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
Kick wrote:TBH, bring in a youth player, Piazon would be my choice. Atsu, another.

May I respectfully disagree! That may be depth but certainly not quality depth. Ramires is not an attacking winger (and will not be utilized as that in our current system bar an emergency) and Piazon is too inexperienced and not proven. Schurrle is yet to adapt.

Not a concept Kick has yet grasped, despite years of tireless effort on my part Laughing

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 pm

You're right, let's keep Mata and KDB on the bench forever.... :facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Kick wrote:You're right, let's keep Mata and KDB on the bench forever.... :facepalm:

I would gladly keep Mata handy for as long as I live. That may not be an ideal situation for the player though Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Exactly. Why stack the team when they're all going to want to leave when they don't play?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 pm

Kick wrote:Exactly. Why stack the team when they're all going to want to leave when they don't play?

I don't see your reasoning, though. You're always going to have players sitting on the bench when the supply is surplus as it is at every big club. Not all of them think about leaving when they're left out, however, as the salary at Chelsea is quite good. Those who wish to leave are replaced by others, but not many players leave Chelsea. Just because Mata may want to leave (and there is no hardcore evidence proving that he wants to leave) does not mean we lose confidence at our ability to attract and keep players and start promoting inexperienced youth. If Mata does leave, he'll be replaced by someone competent who may end up benching a starter. That's what motivates players, because they know at a big club it's not easy to start.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Hence why I want to see Piazon, he is young and has the ability to eventually replace them, why would we ruin another youth players chance by selling Mata and buying someone else?

Schurrle is quality too, we could have 4 quality AM's 1 up and coming AM and Ramires as emergency. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Kick wrote:Hence why I want to see Piazon, he is young and has the ability to eventually replace them, why would we ruin another youth players chance by selling Mata and buying someone else?

Schurrle is quality too, we could have 4 quality AM's 1 up and coming AM and Ramires as emergency. I don't see anything wrong with that.

We aren't ruining Piazon. He's already a legend at his respective club. If ultimately we don't need him, he will be sold for a good profit like De Bruyne.

One quality AM for 3 WC AM's is not enough for the season. Need at least 2 proven, quality AM's (winger+central attacker perhaps).

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Very well said.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:19 pm

ANd what happens if Piazon performs really well throughout the season? We have no problem.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Kick wrote:And what happens if Piazon performs really bad throughout the season? We'd have a big problem.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Yes because only have 5 other players for that position is a massive problem rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Hazard, Willian, Schurrle = #10's? scratch

Besides Oscar, there are none other in the squad.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:53 pm

4-3-3, my friend.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next