Raptorgunner
lenear1030
RealGunner
DeletedUser#1
El Chelsea Fuerte
92 posters

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

Official: Manchester United sign Juan Mata - Page 10 Empty Re: Official: Manchester United sign Juan Mata

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:23 am

I can see the rationale behind this.

Manchester United wants to be in the top 4 and Mata succeeded in bringing a club to top 4 last year. They must remember this though: Mata was only able to secure top 4 when Hazard and Oscar came with him, and Benitez figured out he constantly needed a hard worker(Ramires,David Luiz, even Ake) in the middle of the field to shadow him in case he lost the ball because he would not even try to get it back.

The thing is while Mata seems like a nice and classy guy, class cant hide the fact that he is pretty much a short dimitar berbatov in the midfield. He is probably one of the laziest players I have ever seen in my life. That is fine for a squad player who can come off the bench and pick a nice pass for a goal here and there, but it isnt something you want in your starting 11 unless you have an engine-room on the pitch that can make up for it constantly. When your team does not have the ball you might as well be playing down a man because it really was that bad. More often than not Torres has had to come back and put in a defensive shift while Mata just stares and jogs nonchalantly across the pitch.

It spreads to the team too just look at that Spanish side he captained in the Olympics. Talent-wise heads and shoulders above the teams in their group, yet they all jogged around like they didnt care like their captain Mata. It's like he REALLY does not care. I said in the confederations cup thread when folks were going on and on about Spain that I didnt fancy the chances with Mata starting. I told you he's not david silva. He does not have that fight or die pedigree. Silva does not like getting into the physical contests either but he wont let you bully him the way Mata does. Mata froze up like an old woman clutching her purse any time Luiz Gustavo came within steps of him. He literally was scared, and I felt bad for him.

Icing on the cake is when he had a meltdown when he was taken off(for his own good, really) against Southampton. He clearly thinks he is better than he is. Chelsea fans were making excuses because they like him, but they know they would be slaughtering their player had it been Essien,Mikel, Torres, or even Lampard acting like that at a sub. Compare his reaction to Schurrle, a guy who can actually make an argument for why he should be starting, and the look is night and day. Mata feels himself above a bench role when he really isnt at a club like Chelsea.

Back to top Go down

Official: Manchester United sign Juan Mata - Page 10 Empty Re: Official: Manchester United sign Juan Mata

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:31 am

40M wouldn't get you Vidal, if we're not listening to offers under 60M for Pogba (In euros admittedly) how much do you think we would want for our best player?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:52 am

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT

Juan Mata has told friends and family he is joining Manchester United #cfc #mufc

Proud

Tom pls 60m for Pogba rofl MAYBE if you fleece PSG for it and that's a big maybe.

I'm not saying we would get Vidal for that, I'd like to see use that 40m towards going for someone like Vidal, who I think could be had for 45-50m. (not that I think he'd agree to join us)

Last edited by Firenze on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 am

Firenze wrote:Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT

Juan Mata has told friends and family he is joining Manchester United #cfc #mufc

Proud

this  :bow: 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:55 am

nvm, I read that wrong, Tomasso. I get what you're saying, I was stuck in a Madrid type mindset for a second there. You aren't under any obligations to sell.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:00 am

United have made their move for Mata - BBC

You can trust that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 am

Firenze wrote:nvm, I read that wrong, Tomasso. I get what you're saying, I was stuck in a Madrid type mindset for a second there. You aren't under any obligations to sell.

nvm I trust metro and we rate him at 15M so give us 18 and we're cool

I just hope we can replace him with Tiote or something.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:03 am

M99 wrote:I had my misgivings at fist but now it looks like it's really happening Shocked

I will be 100% sold once BBC reports this.

Yup, now I'm sold.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:05 am

RealGunner wrote:United have made their move for Mata - BBC

You can trust that.

I don't doubt they want him, I doubt Chelsea would sell him to a PL team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 am

rofl at Chelsea and Arsenal selling us their best players

can't wait to sign Yaya next to fill that CM void :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:11 am

Another rival to rival transfer rofl That too involving a top player.

Happens more in EPL than any other league.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:14 am

On one side they bid for Willian to take him away from a rival and now they will let Mata go to another rival hmm what can I say

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:19 am

Moyes :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:27 am

Sky Sources: Manchester UTD make £40m bid for Juan Mata through a third party
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 am

That 40M should be going on Khedira ffs No

Even if he is injured.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 am

Just saving my meltdown for when this is confirmed.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:33 am

RealGunner wrote:Sky Sources: Manchester UTD make £40m bid for Juan Mata through a third party

What does that mean? isnt PL clubs prohibited from using third party deal any way?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:40 am

Adit wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Sky Sources: Manchester UTD make £40m bid for Juan Mata through a third party

What does that mean? isnt PL clubs prohibited from using third party deal any way?

it's these cursed imposters again
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:41 am

Yes they are..... someone better tell Sky Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:49 am

mourinho is a legend :bow:

after man U's game against ChelC he is giving a top player 2 man U in order to make us strong and in the process challenge Ars, Pool and City better, and in the process drop points off them and in the process help chelC win the league.
dat Shrewdness Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:53 am

Someone please just tell me briefly what the hell this is. Is this Mata to United transfer strong rumours atm? And what is the likelihood that this transfer will go through?

I'm really tired. Can't read through the last few pages. Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:55 am

El Gunner wrote:Someone please just tell me briefly what the hell this is. Is this Mata to United transfer strong rumours atm? And what is the likelihood that this transfer will go through?

I'm really tired. Can't read through the last few pages. Sad

Its very likely buddy. BBC confirmed transfer bid. 'almost done' is the status

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:mourinho is a legend :bow:

after man U's game against ChelC he is giving a top player 2 man U in order to make us strong and in the process challenge Ars, Pool and City better, and in the process drop points off them and in the process help chelC win the league.
dat Shrewdness Proud
If that's the case, he should have sold Cahil and Luiz to United instead. Maybe Oscar, Willian, Hazard and Mikel, too
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 am

I'd also like to point out that M'Villa to Arsenal was "99.9%" done as well
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:59 am

I'd also like to add that Kagawa is sitting right under Moye's nose Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Lex wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:mourinho is a legend :bow:

dat Shrewdness Proud
If that's the case, he should have sold Cahil and Luiz to United instead. Maybe Oscar, Willian, Hazard and Mikel, too

lol why do he want his club to loose to norwich and sunderland ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next