RED
huntsman
urbaNRoots
chad4401
Lex
46 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let's All Laugh (And Cringe) At: Ramires - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's All Laugh (And Cringe) At: Ramires

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:19 am

lmao Laughing

He clearly shifted his weight into Reid to make it look like he had been fouled.

He conned the ref simple as...

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Let's All Laugh (And Cringe) At: Ramires - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's All Laugh (And Cringe) At: Ramires

Post by Forza Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:44 am

That was called a penalty? lol

Is it illegal for a defender to run alongside a striker to get to the ball these days? ffs

As for whether it was a dive or not, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that Ramires simply lost his balance and clattered into the defender. Watch his last touch where he puts his foot between the defender and the ball, then he swings his body around and basically falls into him. Completely deliberate.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:44 am

Would love to see any of you guys run at pace into Reid in a live match situation and keep your balance.

You are all really tough behind your keyboards.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:05 am

Wasn't a dive but probably wasn't a pen either.

The gif is slowed down which makes it look worse imo.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:38 am

danyjr wrote:I'm not sure if it is an intentional dive but this is never a penalty.

Marriner making sure Mourinho's home record is untouched hmm

Still, Chelsea are in trouble.
Of course its not a dive. Even A three-eyed monkey would've told the same.
Ramires was in full control of the ball; however his body posture was in such a way that if he decelerates or reduces his speed, he will lose control over his body and fall. Same thing happened with that guy in the gif in the other let's laugh thread whom someone over here said that his dive is legendary (i think a milan fan), but it was also not a dive.

In case of Ramires, the reduction in his speed happened in the form of an obstruction from another player; he hit an object decelerated and his fall line of trajectory changed. The force he was encountered with was greater hence the change in the motion vector of the impacted object.

I agree that sometimes in such a situation the Referee wont give penalties and wont call for a dive even though the referee is wrong in this case and all should be given as penalties but i still understand where some of you guys and the referee are coming from.

But not in the case of Ramires as it was clearly not a dive but a penalty because Ramires was still stable and in complete control of the ball. Heck, he even dribbled past the defender with such an ease whereas the defender was merely an obstruction in the way of a barely stable object because of the unpredictability of that object and more importantly because the defender felt it before he could even explain it; that any mistake he makes which is highly likely will impose a penalty yet at the same time if he didnt do something, the result would be a high probability goal. Unstable objects are difficult to predict and they create the most threat inside the box, hence why a penalty.

Anyway I dont need to carry on with my explanation. I am sure you all know this by now. Good call by the referee.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:49 am

Its both ridiculous to call it a dive and a penalty......when running in pace and having a shoulder to shoulder it can easily happen....
Anyway it was ref.s choice to protect Mou's home record.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 am

huntsman wrote:
danyjr wrote:I'm not sure if it is an intentional dive but this is never a penalty.

Marriner making sure Mourinho's home record is untouched hmm

Still, Chelsea are in trouble.
Of course its not a dive. Even A three-eyed monkey would've told the same.
Ramires was in full control of the ball; however his body posture was in such a way that if he decelerates or reduces his speed, he will lose control over his body and fall. Same thing happened with that guy in the gif in the other let's laugh thread whom someone over here said that his dive is legendary (i think a milan fan), but it was also not a dive.

In case of Ramires, the reduction in his speed happened in the form of an obstruction from another player; he hit an object decelerated and his fall line of trajectory changed. The force he was encountered with was greater hence the change in the motion vector of the impacted object.

I agree that sometimes in such a situation the Referee wont give penalties and wont call for a dive even though the referee is wrong in this case and all should be given as penalties but i still understand where some of you guys and the referee are coming from.

But not in the case of Ramires as it was clearly not a dive but a penalty because Ramires was still stable and in complete control of the ball. Heck, he even dribbled past the defender with such an ease whereas the defender was merely an obstruction in the way of a barely stable object because of the unpredictability of that object and more importantly because the defender felt it before he could even explain it; that any mistake he makes which is highly likely will impose a penalty yet at the same time if he didnt do something, the result would be a high probability goal. Unstable objects are difficult to predict and they create the most threat inside the box, hence why a penalty.

Anyway I dont need to carry on with my explanation. I am sure you all know this by now. Good call by the referee.
So not only are you saying that Ramires didn't dive, you are also telling me this isn't a dive:
Spoiler:
Next you'll be saying this wasn't a dive:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Knutsford123 Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:46 am

cheating chavs at it again. Evil or Very Mad 
Knutsford123
Knutsford123
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:43 am

http://chimptube.tv/upload/files/photos/1366406544a72613_o.gif
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:29 am

Fecking refs get more ridiculous by the day.

That was such an awful decision. But well oh well, the Gods want Arsenal to end Mou's home record.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:46 am

MaraVilla wrote:http://chimptube.tv/upload/files/photos/1366406544a72613_o.gif
Proud

Clear dive for me.. Not a traditional dive where you throw yourself on to the ground, but he threw himself into the defender
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:52 am

Not sure why you'd laugh at Rambo, it wasn't a dive nor was it a penno. Although he was looking for the contact...... shit like this happens every game a little bit of contact in the box and they go down, reminds me of Welbeck when Howard Web gave those 2 pennos vs us.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:10 am

It's a dive, he milked a simple brush against a defender.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Class player. Runs the full length of the pitch and provides a fantastic offensive and defensive outlet. An added plus is that he really raises his game in the "big" games. Needs to control his fouling, however.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 pm

The black Khedira. Good engine ... and ... yeah ... good engine.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:17 am

This is not a penalty because it's Ramirez who bumps into the player, but I don't think it's a dive either. He just falls because of the impact. Not really laughable.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Lol Liga fan in defending diving shocker.

As for Ramires he's overrated as shit.... top players that he's hype as don't get dominated by Newcastle bench players.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 pm

There's middle ground between dive and a penalty. This is one of this cases. Ramirez crushes against the defender and falls, not a penalty, not really a dive.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:33 pm

futbol wrote:The black Khedira. Good engine ... and ... yeah ... good engine.
Ramires is a much better finisher than Sami.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:04 pm

futbol wrote:The black Khedira. Good engine ... and ... yeah ... good engine.
Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:11 am

I remember this forum going the year Chelsea won the Champions League. Ramires was the x-factor, the star that was just waiting to take that "next step" to become the next big thing. However, that "next step" never came.

In regards to the dive, Ramires is obviously a huge NBA fan as that's a patented contact dive. Would of been a penalty had he been upright, but you can already see him starting to get low in anticipation of drawing the contact. Just disgusting and cheapens the game.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Let's not talk about this anymore. It was a clear penalty and the referee did good, real good.

@motogp, reason he started getting low is same reason sprinters start getting low at the finish line, to overtake their opponents by any foreseeable margin. nothing wrong about that. There's no grey area; its either a penalty or not and in this case Ramires overtook his opponent, over smarted him as he clearly dribbled past him and he still had full control over the ball at the moment of collision. Even if this attempt was premeditated, it was engineered to perfection so let's not talk about this any more.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:57 pm

I don't understand the Ramires hate unless it is towards the 'dive'.

I personally rate him. He ain't no superstar but he does his job and (sometimes) more. Which is why everyone who's coached Queniano likes him.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Ramires is very good, don't understand the hate either. Pair him with a CM, tell him to hold his position and voila! Defensively he's ace, almost unbeatable.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Half this forum is clueless.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 pm

huntsman wrote:Let's not talk about this anymore. It was a clear penalty and the referee did good, real good.

@motogp, reason he started getting low is same reason sprinters start getting low at the finish line, to overtake their opponents by any foreseeable margin. nothing wrong about that. There's no grey area; its either a penalty or not and in this case Ramires overtook his opponent, over smarted him as he clearly dribbled past him and he still had full control over the ball at the moment of collision. Even if this attempt was premeditated, it was engineered to perfection so let's not talk about this any more.  
Gil wrote:Half this forum is clueless.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next