Your top 5 best coaches/managers at the moment?

+20
McAgger
El Jefe
Casciavit
Hawky
Valkyrja
Winter is Coming
sree999
M99
zizzle
DeletedUser#1
sportsczy
The_Badger
BarrileteCosmico
Gil
ExtremistEnigma
Freeza
Onyx
RealGunner
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your top 5 best coaches/managers at the moment? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your top 5 best coaches/managers at the moment?

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Mourinho and other 4

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 best coaches/managers at the moment? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your top 5 best coaches/managers at the moment?

Post by Hawky Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:25 pm

At the moment: Pep, Klopp, Garcia, Simeone, Montella

Honourable mentions: Mourinho (looks to be putting Chelsea on the right line), Martino (for his first months as a coach in Europe he's doing pretty well), Blanc, Wenger, Hyppia.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Klopp, Pep, Garcia, Simeone, Montella
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Mourinho, Guardiola, Simeone, Klopp and Garcia.

I liked the mention of Hyypia. Love that man.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Hyypia, Garcia, Klopp, Guardiola, Wenger

Simeone barely misses out for me. Mou and Carlo aren't even close
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49 pm

McAgger wrote:Hyypia, Garcia, Klopp, Guardiola, Wenger

How has Wenger done better than Simeone and Mourinho this season so far?

Simeone. 9-0-1 in the league. 3-0-0 in CL
Mou. 6-2-1 in the league, 2-0-1 in CL
Wenger 7-1-1 in the league, 2-0-1 in CL

But Mou beat Wenger head to head and knocked him out of a competition. so Mou gets the edge for me after tonight.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
McAgger wrote:Hyypia, Garcia, Klopp, Guardiola, Wenger

How has Wenger done better than Simeone and Mourinho this season so far?

Simeone. 9-0-1 in the league. 3-0-0 in CL
Mou.       6-2-1 in the league, 2-0-1 in CL
Wenger   7-1-1 in the league, 2-0-1 in CL

But Mou beat Wenger head to head and knocked him out of a competition. so Mou gets the edge for me after tonight.
Mou was super shit for a whole year at Madrid, and he hasn't really set the world on fire at Chelsea yet. There's no way he gets in my top 5. Chelsea have been playing some super shit football and have been lucky to get results.

As I said about Simeone, he barely missed out. There was just not enough room to put him in. Arsenal are playing the best football in England atm and Wenger has done exceptionally well.

And you surely can't base you judgement on a COC match up. Bendtner was starting for Arsenal ffs. Also Arsenal's group is much tougher in CL than Chelseas.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Um, shouldn't Jupp Heynckes be considered among the Top5?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Jupp is not coaching currently. Only reason I left him out.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 am

Ah, ok. Sorry then. I defo hope he'll win the FIFA prize, no matter how silly one considers it to be Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:13 am

At the moment?

1. Garica
2. Simeone
3. Mourinho (beat Pellegrini and wenger this week alone)
4. Klopp
5. Pep (he's only 5 because he currently has a stacked Bayern side)
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:22 am

I'm sorry but Simeone hasn't done anything to warrant him a spot above Hyypia.

Hyypia is leading a Leverkusen side (who are much shittier in quality than Atletico) to 1 point off the leaders in Bundesliga. Plus Leverkusen's competition of Dortmund and Bayern is stronger than Barca and Madird atm.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:23 am

Also Leverkusen's CL group is much tougher than Atletico's.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:26 am

Atletico have more points from the same amount of matches :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:00 am

McAgger wrote:I'm sorry but Simeone hasn't done anything to warrant him a spot above Hyypia.

Hyypia is leading a Leverkusen side (who are much shittier in quality than Atletico) to 1 point off the leaders in Bundesliga. Plus Leverkusen's competition of Dortmund and Bayern is stronger than Barca and Madird atm.
That's absurd. While I hugely love Sami, he has done nothing spectacular so far. Simeone has atleast won Europa. The quality difference between the top 3 teams in Bundesliga and others is huge. Same for La Liga. By this flawed logic, even Rodgers deserves a mention in these lists, no?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 am

McAgger wrote:I'm sorry but Simeone hasn't done anything to warrant him a spot above Hyypia.

Thats just your Liverpool fanboyism rating him higher.
Lets see what Simeone has done in 2013:-

- Beaten R. Madrid @ the Bernabeu in the CDR final.
- Held Barca over 2 legs in the Super Copa.
- Beat Madrid at the Bernabeu in the league.
- Took Atleti to their best ever start, winning 8 straight games in the league.
- Perfect start to the UCL (including beating Porto @ the Dragao)

Look whichever way you want to, on current form, or over 2 years, Diego Simeone is easily a top 5 candidate.

Thank You
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Kamikaze692 wrote:

Thats just your Liverpool fanboyism rating him higher.
Lets see what Simeone has done in 2013:-

- Beaten R. Madrid @ the Bernabeu in the CDR final.
- Held Barca over 2 legs in the Super Copa.
- Beat Madrid at the Bernabeu in the league.
- Took Atleti to their best ever start, winning 8 straight games in the league.
- Perfect start to the UCL (including beating Porto @ the Dragao)

Look whichever way you want to, on current form, or over 2 years, Diego Simeone is easily a top 5 candidate.

Thank You
Yeah go ahead and only list good things that Simeone has done.

- Hyppia was the only guy to beat Bayern last season in the Bundesliga. Bayern were much better than Madrid and Hyypia beat them at the Allianz Arena.

- Holding Barca in the Super Cup means f*ck all when you lose the Super Cup.

- Bayer's CL group is much tougher than Atletico's and Leverkusen look likely to qualify.

- Atletico have more talented players than Leverkusen.

- Leverkusen currently only 1 point behind league leaders and best team in Europe Bayern.

- Last season Hyypia finished 3rd only 1 point off Dortmund, Atleti were miles behind Madrid.

- Hyypia has only had 1 season as a manager compared to Simone's 5/6 years.

I'm not saying Simone doesn't deserve to be in the top 5, but Hyypia has done the same with a shittier team against stronger opposition.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:07 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

That's absurd. While I hugely love Sami, he has done nothing spectacular so far. Simeone has atleast won Europa. The quality difference between the top 3 teams in Bundesliga and others is huge. Same for La Liga. By this flawed logic, even Rodgers deserves a mention in these lists, no?
Read the post above.

Hyypia only became a manager last season. If you compare Simeone and Hyypia from last season, Hyypia has done the same with a shittier team against tougher opposition
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Has done the same? Atletico are 2nd, not 3rd. They have both played 10 matches, Atletico has won 9 and Leverkusen 8. I don't agree that Dortmund and Bayern are better than Madrid and Barcelona, they're about the same. And while he has done well, there's many more question marks about their ability to keep up with the rest than in Atletico's case.

Also the claim that he "hasn't done anything to warrant top 5 status" is ridiculously laughable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:11 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Has done the same? Atletico are 2nd, not 3rd. They have both played 10 matches, Atletico has won 9 and Leverkusen 8. I don't agree that Dortmund and Bayern are better than Madrid and Barcelona, they're about the same. And while he has done well, there's many more question marks about their ability to keep up with the rest than in Atletico's case.

Also the claim that he "hasn't done anything to warrant top 5 status" is ridiculously laughable.
First of all never said "hasn't done anything to warrant top 5 status", go read my post again.

And I can't believe you are actually arguing that Atletico have won 9 and Leverkusen 8 makes that big of a difference. Leverkusen are 3rd but level on points with 2nd place Dortmund and only 1 point off leaders Bayern. And how can you possibly say that Madrid are anywhere near the two German sides. I would agree that Barca are close to them (albeit still not on their level).

It's a fact that Hyypia has a less talented team than Simeone, he has virtually done the same exact thing, and his competition is of a higher level. And none of that is subjective.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:24 pm

All the things you just mentioned are subjective Laughing
How talented both teams are is subjective
How well they're both doing is subjective
The quality of the competition is subjective

And yeah Madrid are in a slump right now but the squad that reached 3 CL semi finals in a row is still there. Once they get used to Ancelotti's way they'll be back to being the force they usually are.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Meh if I say Real Madrid have more talented players than Accrington Stanley that would still be subjective but anyone with a brain cell would know that it's as good as a fact.

Both Bayern and Dortmund beat Barca and Madrid not a mere 4/5 months ago, and anyone with football knowledge would admit that the German sides do have a bit of edge atm.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 pm

I can understand your point of view. They're in the same tier for me, it comes down to who you prefer.

My question is how can you rate Sami over Rafa? Or even Mou?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:41 pm

Red Alert wrote:My question is how can you rate Sami over Rafa? Or even Mou?
Well, I have to admit I'd prefer Sami Hyypiä to Mourinho as he managed to do pretty well with Leverkusen despite not having the huge funds and top players that Mou had/has with Real/Chelsea - and of course Sami Hyypiä behaves immaculately when compared to Mou. No weird team politics and no putting the club in a bad light with undue behaviour at the sidelines and towards the press.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 am

rwo power wrote:
Red Alert wrote:My question is how can you rate Sami over Rafa? Or even Mou?
Well, I have to admit I'd prefer Sami Hyypiä to Mourinho as he managed to do pretty well with Leverkusen despite not having the huge funds and top players that Mou had/has with Real/Chelsea - and of course Sami Hyypiä behaves immaculately when compared to Mou. No weird team politics and no putting the club in a bad light with undue behaviour at the sidelines and towards the press.
Football is based on success, not who's the "nicer" person.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:12 am

Red Alert wrote:Football is based on success, not who's the "nicer" person.
Well, last season, Mou's success was severely lacking which looks worse with such an expensive squad of superstars - so I guess one can safely put sight on Hyypiä who currently holds himself very well atm with a much less outstanding squad.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum