Swanhends
M99
lenear1030
CBarca
urbaNRoots
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Townsend - The second coming of Robben - Page 2 Empty Re: Townsend - The second coming of Robben

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Average player.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Townsend - The second coming of Robben - Page 2 Empty Re: Townsend - The second coming of Robben

Post by zigra Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:14 pm

I could say he's average at best as that's what I think but instead I think I should do a Harmonica here and rate him as the PLs 24th best player so far this season http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014  bounce
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Gil wrote:He's better than Deulofitoasdaof

He is also 3 years older. Let's see where's Deulofeu in 3 years.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:17 pm

lol ignore Gil. Deulofeu is better than Townsend. Easily.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Zaha and Towsend have big talent, people putting them down, but you will see soon.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:21 pm

lenear1030 wrote:Never heard of the guy before the NLD and he was Spuds most impressive player to me... He seems the real deal
lenear1030 wrote:He looks like a fusion between Henry & Obertan.
All it takes is one game for an English player to be the next big thing Proud

Don't want to pick on you mate, just using these comments as examples. So much knee-jerk on the first page :bow:

Not that he doesn't have potential, but pls stahp guys. Wait until he has proven that he is a good player before saying that he is the next coming of so many world class players.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Henry and Obertan lolz Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Eman wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:Never heard of the guy before the NLD and he was Spuds most impressive player to me... He seems the real deal
lenear1030 wrote:He looks like a fusion between Henry & Obertan.
All it takes is one game for an English player to be the next big thing Proud

Don't want to pick on you mate, just using these comments as examples. So much knee-jerk on the first page :bow:

Not that he doesn't have potential, but pls stahp guys. Wait until he has proven that he is a good player before saying that he is the next coming of so many world class players.

In reference to Henry and Obertan I think he was talking about Townsend's facial appearance not style of play
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:27 pm

^Perhaps. The man would have a point hmm

I've seen so many pundits putting Townsend ahead of Walcott in England's best XI for the World Cup over the past few weeks :facepalm:. Proves that many people will jump on a hype bandwagon without any problem before they will ever give Theo Walcott any credit.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Tbf Eman and i have said this to RG before ( don't think he liked it tbh Laughing )

Walcott hardly ever performs for England and so far Townsend has been pretty good for England he's nowhere near the player however.

I'd actually have Oxlade over both of them considering their performances for England.... but he's never going to be fit again is he :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Oxlade, Zaha and Townsend are all alot more talented than Deulofeu.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:50 pm

You do have a point Mole, but I think we would agree that Theo is one of England's most talented individual players. Unless he is struggling to adjust to a different system than Arsenal's, I would think that the better player would start in the long-run between him and Townsend. Theo has been injured during Townsend's run of caps, so it's not like he has been given an opportunity to fight for his place. Assuming that Townsend will keep him out of the side is a stretch for me.

I guess Townsend deserves to play while he is performing, but Theo's coming for him :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Kick wrote:I really don't rate the guy, every time I see him he seems to be a very poor mans bale/Robben.

I don't think he'll ever hit the heights of those two either.

:coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:43 pm

I like Gils sudden obsession over deaulofeu Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Townsend has great raw ability.

Unfortunately unaware that passing is a big part of the game, unaware that he isn't Bale and shouldn't take shots to waste possession hoping one will go in (because it won't), he's definitely unaware that running yourself into a corner is bad, and doesn't know what combination play is.

Still, I feel like all of this can be improved with maturity and the right coaching. But to say he doesn't have talent is wrong, he has plenty of talent, he just misuses it because he's got rocks for a brain.

I actually think he should go on the left right now. Makes his job more simple and he doesn't have to over think and do stupid crap whenever he cuts in. His job there can be to get to stay out wide, get to the sideline, beat his man and get the cross in to Soldado and/or Paulinho or whoever is in the middle. That he can do effectively.

Infuriating player to watch given the ability he possesses.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Laughing

lennon never improved it, i have little hope for towsend
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Well, so far Lennon has looked well above his form from last year since coming back form injury, but it's a small sample size so we'll see how things look a few games from now.

Sounds like Townsend was a force on the left wing today, but consider the competition. I'm hoping to watch the game on my flight home tomorrow night so I'll post my thoughts then.

All I know is I heard Soldado finally got the service we've been asking for and he put two in the back of the net as a result of it :bow:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Anzhi is terrible team. Nobody should take anything away from the game other than Soldado can indeed finish, which everyone knows, and it's a good confidence booster for the Spurs.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Kick wrote:
Kick wrote:I really don't rate the guy, every time I see him he seems to be a very poor mans bale/Robben.

Bale was at the same level when they were both 22...

People forget Bale has only been "special" for around a year now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:26 am

Red Alert wrote:
Kick wrote:

What are you on about? Bale has been special ever since Redknapp moved him to LW in the 2nd half of 09/10 season. He was the main reason Spurs qualified for the CL that year.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:16 am

Gil wrote:Oxlade, Zaha and Townsend are all alot more talented than Deulofeu.

Hyping the wrong players. Barkley, Shaw and Ward Prowse are legit.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:58 am

Gil wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
Kick wrote:

What are you on about? Bale has been special ever since Redknapp moved him to LW in the 2nd half of 09/10 season. He was the main reason Spurs qualified for the CL that year.

He was "good" not "special".

He was at Walcott's level ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:12 am

Bale was very good in 11/12 and "special" (imo wrong word but whatever) in 12/13 only. Before that he was good but not more.
10 goals and 7 assists in the league in 09/10 and 10/11 combined. And as a winger the end product does matter.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:55 am

M99 wrote:
Gil wrote:Oxlade, Zaha and Townsend are all alot more talented than Deulofeu.

Hyping the wrong players. Barkley, Shaw and Ward Prowse are legit.

Point still stands. Those three players will go on to have better careers than Deulofeu who is a supersub at best.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:06 am

Red Alert wrote:

He was "good" not "special".

He was at Walcott's level ffs.

zigra wrote:Bale was very good in 11/12 and "special" (imo wrong word but whatever) in 12/13 only. Before that he was good but not more.
10 goals and 7 assists in the league in 09/10 and 10/11 combined. And as a winger the end product does matter.

Since when did Goals and assists = performances?

If you can't see why someone would label Bale "special" long before last season then you're both clueless.

Walcott level ffs. Theo is a "wide striker", Bale is much more rounded as a player.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:45 am

Not in general but Bale is worth as much as his goals and assists and he certainly wasn't "special" back then. Maybe you think one could see his potential back then? I'd agree with that.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next