Swanhends
M99
lenear1030
CBarca
urbaNRoots
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Townsend - The second coming of Robben Empty Townsend - The second coming of Robben

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:42 pm

How good is he? How do you rate him? "Future X legend", better than Lamela, new Bale and all that, this is hype Townsend thread.

Scored again... now against Villa, the guy is unstoppable atm.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Townsend - The second coming of Robben Empty Re: Townsend - The second coming of Robben

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Physically/athletically very good and a great dribbler.

Selfish yet and has terrible decision making at times and his passing needs to improve. In terms of being able to beat his man one on one with either pace, dribbling or otherwise...he's very gifted. He has a long way to go but he certainly has more potential than people give him credit for.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Townsend - The second coming of Robben Empty Re: Townsend - The second coming of Robben

Post by lenear1030 Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Never heard of the guy before the NLD and he was Spuds most impressive player to me... He seems the real deal
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:31 pm

God-send.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:33 pm

he really does play like robben lmao
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:24 am

He's ok. Not good enough to start for a team that wants to challenge for the title but a decent player.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 am

I really don't rate the guy, every time I see him he seems to be a very poor mans bale/Robben.

I don't think he'll ever hit the heights of those two either.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:06 am

Kick wrote:I really don't rate the guy, every time I see him he seems to be a very poor mans bale/Robben.

I don't think he'll ever hit the heights of those two either.
Laughing

He's an ELITE dribbler, one man attack and has an abundance of pace to burn. Great shot on him, two footed and decent delivery from out wide.

Like the majority of young wingers his decision making needs work. But he's under great hands, he wouldn't be starting under most managers with a £35m signing breathing behind him.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:11 am

I view Townsend as one of those happy accidents. There is no way Spurs actually knew what they had, or he would of been involved with the first team sooner. Instead, we sent him out on loan after loan and even considered moving him on this Summer. In reality, the signing of this Summer was Franco Baldini who saw something special in the lad and made sure we held onto him.

In regards to Townsend himself, I honestly think he has the potential to be the English Robben. I think from what we saw today he does need to tidy certain things up, but considering how I thought this was one of his worst performances and he still put in a man of the match performance speaks to his obvious qualities.

His ceiling is ridiculously high considering his qualities:
1. Pace
2. Excellent dribbler in tight spaces
3. Two-footed
4. An astute offensive football mind
5. Good at measured crosses

He obviously needs to tighten up his passing when he "doesn't have it", and he was hot/cold in terms of defending today leaving Holtby to defend out of position to cover his mistakes, but for my money there isn't a better winger in the Premier League right now.

Also, on a squad note, nice to see that Lennon can still play the left wing as well which means all of our wingers (Chadli, Lamela, Lennon and Sigi) are capable of playing both wings.

In terms of the England squad, Townsend is obviously a better RW than Walcott, but in order to get them both on the pitch will they force Townsend to the LW because Walcott isn't technically gifted enough to play on the left?
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:08 pm

wow, impressed, never heard of this guy before yesterday, watching him play, he is exactly like robben, though not as developed as him.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 pm

SuperMAG wrote:wow, impressed, never heard of this guy before yesterday, watching him play, he is exactly like robben, though not as developed as him.
inbeforemadridneedtosign him

brb need to sign hulk
brb need to sign ben arfa
brb need to sign thauvin

Razz
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 am

how much will madrid bid for this guy?
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 am

Was impressed with him after watching him for QPR. He's like the best dribbler England have.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:45 am

He has an astute attacking mind, but his qualities still need to improve for him to fully realize his abilities. Some of the passes he failed to complete on Sunday were passes only truly world class players can make in tight spaces, and he really wasn't that far off in executing them. If he can continue to grow and develop he could become quite the talent.

Considering how well he dribbles in tight spaces I could see a lot more than Madrid going in for him. Admittedly, I could see him as the long term replacement for Robben at Bayern (given the thread title, really original, I know). However, it would be a breath of fresh air to see a top English talent go abroad to ply their trade.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:01 am

He looks like a fusion between Henry & Obertan.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:11 am

As good as I think he could be, I don't think he'll ever reach Robben's level. He can get to a pretty high level under the right development though, which he's at the right place for. He's more two footed than Robben, though.

As far as I'm concerned as talented and bright as I think he is (has been one of Spurs best players this season so far), he's as frustrating to me as he is brilliant. He's got potential but a lot to work on.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:31 am

kid looks alright but he might as well turn into another Quaresma
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:00 am

5.4 dribbles per game according to whoscored. That's Messi-esque.

Of the couple of Tottenham games I watched, I liked him, but he kinda doesn't look like an elite player because he lacks some technique, passing and production IMO.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:10 pm

is this guy really good ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:13 pm

No.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:15 pm

give the kid a shot mole, he is a youngster
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:give the kid a shot mole, he is a youngster

Yeah your right, Valkyrja could improve with experience.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Moal Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 pm

He's better than Deulofitoasdaof
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Average player.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next