Onyx
uzonero
billy_gr
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ribery the hard worker - Page 2 Empty Re: Ribery the hard worker

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Yea and more than often creates dangerous situations against our team because of exaggerated opinion of his skills...sometimes less is more, would be a good motto Neuer should think about.

BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:00 am

Valkyrja wrote:Poor mans 2010 Sneijder IMO,he didn't deserve to win the Balon d'Or that year, even Forlan was better, but he was at least Inter's best player. Muller and Schweinsteiger were better than him.

"Compared to them, I work much harder. I do a lot more defending than Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo and provide more assists,"

And they call Ronaldo arrogant.
Last year's Ribery was miles better than Sneijder of 2010 and its not even close.

Ribery was not only a vital cog in the Super Munchen machine but he also was a defensive freak and a creative machine.

Sneijder was the Robben of 2013, turned up in the latter stages of the season and produced when it mattered but overall didn't come close to contributing anywhere near as Ribery did in 2013 or a few of Sneijder's own team mates in 2010 did.

Ribery has been brilliant for 2013 and unlike Messi he actually turns up when it matters inb4 bleeding vagina's and stats.

He deserves every award that comes his way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:35 am

yeah it didn't matter at all when messi dragged barca to the CL semis kicking and screaming. shame he got injured after, which hes still feeling the effects of

anyway Bayern is too team-oriented for ribery to win the balon d'or for me. though I wouldn't mind if he won it, it would be well deserved. unlike if Sneijder won in 2010, there were several players just as good as him in his own team

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:52 am

^ Yeah, that win against PSG was the clutch performance of last year. Still unfit player to come on and absolute lift the team to CL-semis is something that you don't see in football. Messi also did small feat like scoring 21 league games straight which destroyed the 70 year old world record. Absolutely dragged Barca to league win being directly involved of 38 points. Cronaldo was good second with 22 points, and Ribery "the clutch" Frank of almighty 9 points. Yeah Frank was always there, couple times a year when Bayern needed him. Would make a mockery of the prize if Ribery won it tbh.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:34 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Poor mans 2010 Sneijder IMO,he didn't deserve to win the Balon d'Or that year, even Forlan was better, but he was at least Inter's best player. Muller and Schweinsteiger were better than him.

"Compared to them, I work much harder. I do a lot more defending than Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo and provide more assists,"

And they call Ronaldo arrogant.
Last year's Ribery was miles better than Sneijder of 2010 and its not even close.

Ribery was not only a vital cog in the Super Munchen machine but he also was a defensive freak and a creative machine.

Sneijder was the Robben of 2013, turned up in the latter stages of the season and produced when it mattered but overall didn't come close to contributing anywhere near as Ribery did in 2013 or a few of Sneijder's own team mates in 2010 did.

Ribery has been brilliant for 2013 and unlike Messi he actually turns up when it matters inb4 bleeding vagina's and stats.

He deserves every award that comes his way.
nonsense. Messi carried Barcelona all season, carried Barcelona against Milan and PSG but fell short against PSG due to injury. Nowhere close tbh. Sneijder's performance will always be ovverated. Bayern are a machine, without Messi Barcelona don't even reach the QFs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:10 am

Laughing at Barca fans.

Hard for people to differentiate individualists and players who are completely oriented towards a team concept... can't be measured in stats the later, so i understand the confusion.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:45 am

sportsczy wrote:Laughing at Barca fans.

Hard for people to differentiate individualists and players who are completely oriented towards a team concept... can't be measured in stats the later, so i understand the confusion.
Reallistically, you know that individualists players more often than not are going to have the edge on players '' who are ... a team concept ''.
there is a reason why guys like Xavi, Sweinsteiger, or any player whose role isn't to score/Assist A LOT don't win it.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:57 am

Ribery
Ronaldo
Messi

In 2013 Ronaldo has more goals+assists (both total and per game) than Messi. The gap is even bigger in the CL. Messi is the better player? Yes. But Ronaldo has performed better in 2013.

Ribery beats both. Can't belive the shit I read her. Tracking back is overrated? Laughing Ribery plays 3 positions. He's a defender, playmaker and winger in one person and all people care about are his goals and assists? That's so stupid I can't belive this shit. pls go
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:30 am

Messi doesnt turn up in big games? WHAT?! 5 goals and 1 assist against real madrid last season and coming off the bench injured against psg to completly turn around the game in Barcas favour is not turning up when it matters? :facepalm:

Oh and also those who are saying that Messi carried is the whole season are wrong aswell. He might have carried us in the CL, but Iniesta, for ex, was brilliant in the league the entire year..

And Zigra, when you said that CR7 was better than Messi last season because of his stat, you made a mistake that Harmonica always does and that is that stats aint all that matters. The most important thing is and always has been performances.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:41 am

Bénin wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Laughing at Barca fans.

Reallistically, you know that individualists players more often than not are going to have the edge on players '' who are ... a team concept ''.
there is a reason why guys like Xavi, Sweinsteiger, or any player whose role isn't to score/Assist A LOT don't win it.
Ribery has the stats to go with the crazy skill to go with the defense to go with the team play though... complete player. There isn't one part of his game that you wouldn't consider top shelf.

Is there really anything you can criticize Ribery for? Think about that for a second. You can point to obvious flaws in Messi and CR7. But you can't point to one for Ribery. He does everything.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:20 pm

harhar11 wrote:And Zigra, when you said that CR7 was better than Messi  last season because of his stat, you made a mistake that Harmonica always does and that is that stats aint all that matters. The most important thing is and always has been performances.
It wasn't really serious. I just remember the time when Real Madrid were champions and people said Messi deserves to win wpoty because of his incredible stats blabla and right now when Ronaldo has the better stats and people say Messi deserves because of this or that. I think that's funny.

I actually think stats do tell a lot but goals and assists are only two variables and there are a lot more. As I said for all the goals they scored I'd give the award to Ribery. Not that I really care who wins wpoty.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Ribery has the stats and he's complete? What the hell am I reading here? Laughing 

Ribery the hard worker - Page 2 1j7n2x

OPTA tracks over 200 statistics on the field, Not only did Ribery play less, he wasn't last season as good as Ronaldo, who wasn't even close to Messi. And the difference this season is even bigger. Messi has the same amount of MoM performance's as Ribery and Ronaldo together.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:03 pm

zigra wrote:
harhar11 wrote:And Zigra, when you said that CR7 was better than Messi  last season because of his stat, you made a mistake that Harmonica always does and that is that stats aint all that matters. The most important thing is and always has been performances.
It wasn't really serious. I just remember the time when Real Madrid were champions and people said Messi deserves to win wpoty because of his incredible stats blabla and right now when Ronaldo has the better stats and people say Messi deserves because of this or that. I think that's funny.

I actually think stats do tell a lot but goals and assists are only two variables and there are a lot more. As I said for all the goals they scored I'd give the award to Ribery. Not that I really care who wins wpoty.
Yes because Messi is poacher!! Laughing
He's a better Finisher, dribbler and playmaker than Cristiano and Ribery combined!!
Messi is THE COMPLETE player!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Messi is not a better finisher than Ronaldo IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Messi is not a better finisher than Ronaldo IMO.
Really?  Laughing
He has more goals per game in his career...
He has a better conversion rate (goals/attempts)...

Here's an example of the conversion rate of europe's top forwards last season: Ribery the hard worker - Page 2 BQbghdUCUAAKKR3

Last edited by Khaled on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Messi is not a better finisher than Ronaldo IMO.
Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Khaled wtf do you actually want? I wrote what I like about Ribery and I never said Messi is a poacher. Just go.
Second you clearly have no idea of how to use stats. You really think the conversion rate tells you who's the better finisher? That's embarrassing if you were serious. I still hope it was a joke.

zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Harmonica wrote:Ribery has the stats and he's complete? What the hell am I reading here? Laughing 

Ribery the hard worker - Page 2 1j7n2x

OPTA tracks over 200 statistics on the field, Not only did Ribery play less, he wasn't last season as good as Ronaldo, who wasn't even close to Messi. And the difference this season is even bigger. Messi has the same amount of MoM performance's as Ribery and Ronaldo together.
Ribery needs to shut his mouth if he wants to win this award. It pisses people off especially since a lot of what he is saying is just flat out untrue and the fact that he is marginal at best for France. People who deserve this award don't need to go around campaigning for it.

People forget that Sneijder was a total beast for Holland the year he could have won the award plus all the club success.

And I love the goaleagcy argument "stats don't matter", last time I checked he was an offensive player, correct? Sure he is a better defender than the two best offensive players in the world but what does that even mean?

At the end of the day his job is as an offensive player and 1 goal and 2 assists in the CL last year just doesn't cut it if you want to win a Balon D'or. Plus I don't even thing he's the best player on his own team as I rate Neuer and Lahm better at there positions than he is at his.

So this notion he should win it would be a disgrace to the award.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:59 pm

zigra wrote:

It was never just about stats, infact individual performance is not just about goals!

Anyway, Messi always had better Stats than Cristiano in the last 4 seasons. I think you're talking about season 2010/11 when Cristiano won the pichichi award!

In that season, Messi was the UCL top scorer, scored more goals for country and ended the season 2010/11 with 57 official goals vs 56 to Cristiano. Messi added 30 assists, Cristiano 16. Overall individual performance and effectiveness also Messi was ahead, especially in the head to head (clasicos). Remember the Manita and Messi's brilliant assists to Villa or the solo goal at the bernabeu etc... In addition to that Messi with Barcelona won the DOUBLE (Liga+UCL).
you can't 2011 to 2012...

2011:
Messi
- Team: UCL, Liga.
- Individual: UCL top scorer.
- Stats: 59 goals, 36 assists.

Cristiano
- Team: Copa.
- Individual: pichichi.
- Stats: 60 goals, 15 assists.

2012:
Messi
- Individual: UCL top scorer, Pichichi.
- Stats: 91 goals, 22 assists.

Cristiano
- Team: Liga.
- Individual: -
- Stats: 69 goals, 13 assists.

Last edited by Khaled on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:02 pm

To overall sum this thread up, Messi and Ronaldo are better than Ribery individually. Working hard/tracking back shouldn't make a difference when determining who's better. Ribery was a team player last year. Martinez, Schweinsteiger etc were just as important.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:To overall sum this thread up, Messi and Ronaldo are better than Ribery individually. Working hard/tracking back shouldn't make a difference when determining who's better. Ribery was a team player last year. Martinez, Schweinsteiger etc were just as important.
Agree.

But, I think Ribery has a better chance than Cristiano to win it this season. Considering club success and the best player in europe award (journalists gave Critsiano just 3 votes)... In the end, Messi will win the ballon d'or, it will be close like 2010...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Ribery the hard worker - Page 2 Article-2407615-1B8AF8C6000005DC-480_634x458

give it to the commoners champ
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:36 pm

zigra wrote:Khaled wtf do you actually want? I wrote what I like about Ribery and I never said Messi is a poacher. Just go.
Second you clearly have no idea of how to use stats. You really think the conversion rate tells you who's the better finisher? That's embarrassing if you were serious. I still hope it was a joke.

How do you compare between 2 players finishing Laughing

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Badamdar Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:30 pm

zigra wrote:

That year Messi won Champions League and La Liga. was top scorer in UCL

Next year CR won only la liga. Thats it.no top scorer award no Champions League title

And CR never had better stats than Messi in last 4-5 season. Messi always scored and assisted more. So stop lying

Badamdar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Yeah... La Liga stat padding is a great comparison to Bundi Laughing 

Anyhow, thank god football is a team sport. From what i read here, you'd think we were talking about golf or tennis.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Khaled wrote:
zigra wrote:
harhar11 wrote:And Zigra, when you said that CR7 was better than Messi last season because of his stat, you made a mistake that Harmonica always does and that is that stats aint all that matters. The most important thing is and always has been performances.

It was never just about stats, infact individual performance is not just about goals!

Anyway, Messi always had better Stats than Cristiano in the last 4 seasons. I think you're talking about season 2010/11 when Cristiano won the pichichi award!

In that season, Messi was the UCL top scorer, scored more goals for country and ended the season 2010/11 with 57 official goals vs 56 to Cristiano. Messi added 30 assists, Cristiano 16. Overall individual performance and effectiveness also Messi was ahead, especially in the head to head (clasicos). Remember the Manita and Messi's brilliant assists to Villa or the solo goal at the bernabeu etc... In addition to that Messi with Barcelona won the DOUBLE (Liga+UCL).
you can't 2011 to 2012...

2011:
Messi
- Team: UCL, Liga.
- Individual: UCL top scorer.
- Stats: 59 goals, 36 assists.

Cristiano
- Individual: pichichi.
- Stats: 60 goals, 15 assists.

2012:
Messi
- Individual: UCL top scorer, Pichichi.
- Stats: 91 goals, 22 assists.

Cristiano
- Team: Liga.
- Individual: -
- Stats: 69 goals, 13 assists.
Nah you got me wrong buddy.
I was talking about 2013 - the current year which obviously isn't finished yet. So far in 2013 C Ronaldos stats (goals and assists combined) are better than Messis.
When Real Madrid won the championship and Barcelona won nothing many people (I don't say you did) said Messi should still be wpoty because of his incredible stats (that was last year I think when he broke another individual record). As I said I wasn't really serious, it was just a potshot at those people.

Khaled wrote:
zigra wrote:Khaled wtf do you actually want? I wrote what I like about Ribery and I never said Messi is a poacher. Just go.

How do you compare between 2 players finishing Laughing
Hard to say. In theory stats would be the best way to do it but what we have isn't good enough. You can't compare a shot from 30 metres to a shot from 20 or even 10 metres. In fact Messi could still well be a better finisher than Ronaldo. But the stats don't tell us.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: