+3
baresi
sportsczy
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

Conte worried by Mancini factor Empty Conte worried by Mancini factor

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has conceded that he would have preferred to take on Galatasaray without Roberto Mancini as his opposite number.

The latter was confirmed as the Turkish club’s new Coach on Monday following the decision to replace Fatih Terim.

“I’m happy for Mancini, but I would have preferred to not meet him tomorrow because he will create problems for us,” Conte stated ahead of the Champions League clash.

“With his arrival we will have no tactical reference points with regards to how they will play and that will make things more difficult for us.”

Wednesday’s game at the Juventus Stadium is already crucial for both sides as Juve drew their opener 1-1 in Copenhagen, while Galatasaray were demolished 6-1 at home by Real Madrid.

“The match between Galatasaray and Real Madrid is one that should not fool us,” the tactician added. “The final score was excessive.

“We didn’t take our chances against the Danes. It was one of those days. We have to play well against Galatasaray.

“We’ll look to score in a number of different ways, even with long-range efforts. The important thing is to create chances.

“We have to play with an intense rhythm and we’ll do our all to win – even if we know it will be tough. That’s why I want our fans to be a twelfth man tomorrow. I want our supporters to be heard.”

Turning to team matters, Conte has doubts over the fitness of Carlos Tevez after he suffered an ankle problem in the derby win over Torino.

The former midfielder will also have to decide whether Paul Pogba or Claudio Marchisio will make up the midfield alongside Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal.

“I’ll take a look at Tevez over the following hours. He didn’t train yesterday. I need precise guarantees, we’ll see how he is between now and tomorrow.

“Mirko Vucinic? He has been suffering with a heel problem, but he has recovered and is doing well. I’ll see tomorrow whether he will start.

“Pogba or Marchisio? It’s a doubt I will look to solve by evaluating things well. The final score will tell me whether I was right or wrong.”

Conte was also inevitably asked about his post-match comments following the derby win, ones which annoyed Toro.

“I don’t think there is anything to add. Juve have won the Scudetto twice and two Super Cups in the last two years, so it is normal that I become sort of a catalyst when I say trivial things, normal things based on facts.

“It is not a problem, it has happened in the past and it will happen in the future. I’ll continue down my own path and say the things which I believe.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte worried by Mancini factor Empty Re: Conte worried by Mancini factor

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Yeah... that stellar CL record of Mancini's is a true cause for concern Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah... that stellar CL record of Mancini's is a true cause for concern Laughing
its not his CL record but the time we have to prepare for Galata when they get new coach and so fast, plus he always, always parks the bus
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:55 pm

We've played City a lot in CL... trust me, the tactics by Mancini sucked. They parked the bus like amateurs because the players weren't built for it.

Granted, Galata tried to play us straight up and we demolished them.... so i don't know if they have the right people to park the bus.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:07 pm

IMO this is just Conte trying to prepare a pre-excuse for any bad result if it happened, I fail to see how this is a concern for him it should be much more of a concern for Galata, who have to adopt to new tactics, not Conte trying to adopt to his opposition Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Its not an 'excuse'.He's just giving more respect to the opponent like he usually does.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:11 pm

baresi wrote:IMO this is just Conte trying to prepare a pre-excuse for any bad result if it happened, I fail to see how this is a concern for him it should be much more of a concern for Galata, who have to adopt to new tactics, not Conte trying to adopt to his opposition Very Happy:D:D.

Juventus drew with Copenhagen, and are rolling off some very poor displays in the league. A parrot could be managing Gala, it would be a cause for concern at this point too.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Here we go with the bad displays again ... ffs
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:40 pm

The displays were bad though, Devi. People can argue that Juve is just playing down to its competition. However, if this team is just relying on its ability to turn its top game on and off depending on the opponent, that's a dangerous game to play. We should have been winning in a more impressive manner in the last few weeks. You can't just expect to suddenly play at your top form in big games just because you want to.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Juve's biggest enemy is itself. Watched most of the games so far... and everything looks slow whereas the ball was moving a lot faster last year.

Also, Llorente is a no show so far and jury is out on whether Tevez can do well in such a highly structured environment.

Of course, with all of the above said, the single most important factor is................. Pirlo. He's not the same Pirlo so far. Can Conte compensate tactically for this? We'll see.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:08 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Here we go with the bad displays again ... ffs
Yeah, let's ignore it. Keep your head in the clouds but remember that your feet have to be on the ground. It's good juventus have been collecting points but they've looked quite bad in doing so. It doesn't matter now but it will if it continues, that's for sure

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Face it we've been playing worryingly poor

Why is it that our players are always 'tired' and we 'conserve energy' against the small teams whislt everybody around us racks up a 4 and 5 goal tally against scrubs we're needing to scrape a win from.

It's all excuses ffs, we're playing at an awfully slow tempo.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Luca wrote:
Yeah, let's ignore it. Keep your head in the clouds but remember that your feet have to be on the ground. It's good juventus have been collecting points but they've looked quite bad in doing so. It doesn't matter now but it will if it continues, that's for sure
not ignore it but think about it, my head is not in the clouds we are judging to easly to fast Smile)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:19 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
not ignore it but think about it, my head is not in the clouds we are judging to easly to fast Smile)
We're not judging, were observing. Juventus hasn't looked that great since the season started. Tomorrow's champions league game is a test. And I hope juve wins emphatically

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
We're not judging, were observing. Juventus hasn't looked that great since the season started. Tomorrow's champions league game is a test. And I hope juve wins emphatically
That the match against Lazio was friendly ? Juve just is timing and temping the form to many games on tight schedule simple as that. Ever game is a test not just tomorrow, anyways we'll know everything until January
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:not ignore it but think about it, my head is not in the clouds we are judging to easly to fast Smile)
That the match against Lazio was friendly ? Juve  just is timing and temping the form to many games on tight schedule simple as that. Ever game is a test not just tomorrow, anyways we'll know everything until January
So one game out of 6? Tight schedule and it's October 1? You're right, January is when it is more important but right now out of 6 league games and one champions league games it hasn't looked great yet

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down