CBarca
Harmonica
LeBĂ©ninois
Albiceleste
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality

Post by Harmonica Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Against big clubs

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality - Page 2 Messi%20Cronaldo%20Big%20Clubs

Competition finals

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality - Page 2 Messi%20Cronaldo%20Finals

National Team Competitions

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality - Page 2 Messi%20Cronaldo%20National%20Team

Average in more prominent games

Messi 1.01 (G+A)/Game
C.Ronaldo 0.58 (G+A)/Game

The difference is almost 2x statistically.

Goodbye.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:28 pm

I can't even begin to comprehend why this is even up for debate.

Messi is just better than Ronaldo, that's that. Shouldn't even need to recycle old statistics. It's there for the world to see.

The main downside of both players is that they're far from hard working and demand the ball a lot, which has its side effects. However personally I think it's worse in Ronaldos case because he's not the centre forward and quite frankly makes life difficult for the left-back and striker.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:25 am

your work is amazing jiopsi :bow:

your gifs and charts need more attention, they are very well made.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Badamdar wrote:
RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:Talent doesn't equal greatness. Otherwise guys like McGrady, Carter, Hill, etc. would be Top 20 all time (basketball)

Big Game Goals:
Champions League Semifinals: 6-2 Ronaldo + Champions League Finals: 2-1 Messi=7-4 Ronaldo.
World Cup&European Cup/Copa America: 8-3 Ronaldo.
Cup Finals: 3-2 Ronaldo.
Overall: 18-9 Ronaldo.

nuff said
You are ridiculous. Big game means against big teams not against small teams in Euros and in CL semifinals. Only big team Ronaldo scored against in national team is Holland. Rest were medicore teams

Messi has 55-60 goals and 20-25 assists against big teams, how many Ronaldo have?
Messi vs big teams:
R.Madrid - 18 goals (11 assists)
Milan - 5 goals (3 assists)
Arsenal - 6 goals
M.United - 2 goals
Bayern - 2 goals
A.Madrid - 20 goals (9 assists)

As above mentioned Ronaldo was big game flop until 2011 season. he had 1 or 2 goals vs barcelona in 10 games, now he scored against them but still 0 assist. If we add assists and involvement in actual play Messi is way way better player against big teams
You now make up a definition for a big game? And are horribly wrong doing so? Big Game=Big Game/Stage, which most of the time equals opponent, no need for you to change the initial criteria, it was all fine. By your own logic Messi has scored 0 big goals internationally.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:29 am

this thread went off the rails.
leaving the comparison aside, I don't think Messi won the ballon d ors due to popularity rather than individual performance.
Even if there's one ballon d or that could be taken from him it wouldn't to be given to Ronald but to Sneijder
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:16 am

Messi is obviously not a saint, he has character flaws just like everyone else.

However, as a footballer, he is much better than CR7. Argue how you want, my eyes, majority's opinions, his stats/trophies speak for themselves.

There is a reason why messi is being compared to pele and maradona. Even if you look from the distractor's POV, the distractors are saying if Messi wins a world cup he will be GOAT, but he is still below maradona and Pele because he hasn't won it. Anyone mentioned that about CR7 yet?

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:17 pm

why is "RonaldoGreatestEverRM" not responding to jiopsi's stats against big clubs? that was the essention of this whole topic. just close it, he got massive owned. no need for this to be open, he wont respond anymore and probably goes back to 'bigsoccer'.com forum and talk about cr in the OMGWTFBBQ CR7 JUST DID A BACKHEELGOAL topic
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:26 pm

I like how some people are turning this thread into why messi is a better footballer than Ronaldo, when the original topic was media perception of the two.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Collblanc wrote:why is "RonaldoGreatestEverRM" not responding to jiopsi's stats against big clubs? that was the essention of this whole topic. just close it, he got massive owned. no need for this to be open, he wont respond anymore and probably goes back to 'bigsoccer'.com forum and talk about cr in the OMGWTFBBQ CR7 JUST DID A BACKHEELGOAL topic
Because i already posted my definition for big games? And i think its 70% more accurate, as only the truly biggest games, where the teams needs its player the most, are posted.

Not teams like valencia, sevilla, etc. https://2img.net/u/3313/22/97/24/smiles/2859867778.gif
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:52 am

Uncanny wrote:I like how some people are turning this thread into why messi is a better footballer than Ronaldo, when the original topic was media perception of the two.
actually he insisted that the media's percception of those 2 is what led Messi win (some or all of) his balon d ors so the caomparison as players was inevitable
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 am

Shit just got serious...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:05 am

How does it matter who is perceived as what? Ronaldo's perceived "negative" image does not have any effect on his fan base now does it?

And on who is a better footballer, i don't think that is relevant as a topic of debate as it is subjective.

Last edited by kiranr on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:10 am

And the notion that captains, coaches and journalists vote for Messi because he has a humble image and Ronaldo does not is really stupid.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Badamdar Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:52 am

Show me any performance of Ronaldo when commentators goes crazy and call him best ever? When we talk about Ronaldo we think only about his goals which takes only 1 second to score. That alone doesnt amaze anyone. Messi can make you fap 10 seconds or more than that.

In 50% messi goals the attack started by himself. Ronaldo very rarely starts the attack which results with goal. There are too many details that is more important than just scoring goals

Messi is boring in interviews and media. This is not helping him. He can get love only on the pitch. Outside off it he is just boring person.

But in other hand Ronaldo gets his fans and popularity for off the pitch reasons. Most of them are EMO's, lonely girls, transexuals etc. But Messi's fans are football players, coaches. Only football related people. Because as i said outside of football he is just boring

Badamdar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:43 pm

stupid thread.. you don't know about either player in real life, so quit judging.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:stupid thread.. you don't know about either player in real life, so quit judging.
stupid comment.. you don't know about my intentions when i posted it, so quit judging.

http://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/smilies/4/1/shrug.001.gif

Guess what the media's perception is based on genius...
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Well since some people are comparing the both, this is how arsene wenger was quoted saying about the two players: "He [Ronaldo] is a complete athlete with total efficiency and Messi is an artist who does things nobody else can do."

I think that's a great quote who the two are on the pitch, of course this doesn't say anything about media perception.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum