LeBéninois
Albiceleste
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality Empty Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:50 pm

I have asked this question over and over again...
Why is Messi being portrayed as this humble, nice saint&angel, that can't do no wrong, by the worldwide media?

This has impacted many Ballon D'Or Votes, as they have become a popularity contest.
My eye, what i see doesn't match up with how he is perceived. Bad news after bad news...

I mean, he’s showing signs of a huge ego, using his clout within Barcelona to freeze David Villa and Alexis Sanchez out of the team so he remains the focal point of the attack, he has went to Guardiola to change Ibrahimovic's&his position so he could score more goals again, after Ibrahimovic was voted Barcelona's best player, which Messi obviously didn't like. He's yelled at Villa during games and went into damage control for it, at an ESPN interview afterwards saying nothing happed, same season in 2012/2013 he punched a celta vigo player in the back, other then some canal+ videos you heard nothing about it, in 2007 he spit on a player, he's supposed to have humiliated guardiola in the coke cola instance infront of the whole team, he supposedly bullied his teammates, like Sanchez&Tello, he's been in the tax fraud case, not paying an amount of over 5+million euro of taxes, he cancelled friendlies in 2013 for no reasons and the organizers had nothing left but bad words for him, saying something like this had never happened to them, etc. did i forgot something?

Is him scoring a goal with his hand worth noting? I mean it was in the finish of the 2007 season and came near to changing the landscape of spanish football, as Barcelona almost ended up winning the title...

I don't get this, the thing is, it seems these News don't stay in the media for long, people quickly forget, while Messi continues to be perceived as angel, as this selfless guy that is such a great person off the pitch. You read about his great character in newspapers, you hear about it in the Radio, TV, a bunch of unwarranted hype.

Unlike Pele, Messi somehow is supposed to be this humble angel?

It was confirmed, by Pedro Pinto, that he at first hand had heard from Voters, Journalists/Analysts/etc. that they voted for Messi over Ronaldo, for likeability reasons, not because he was better. Ronaldo keeps staying this fantastic professional, who has always had it more tough, in England, in Spain... handling interviews with such class and professional comments you'd think he has a media related assistant who handles media relates stuff for him, yet HE is the one made the villain, and the fans buy into it, just like the Voters do. It's pretty amazing how much love Messi gets at his age while not being the most markeable athlete.

What Ronaldo has to endure during games, with the booes, chants and insults is amazing, even more how he handles it so well, if it's with his Jordan like swagger or pure class. Donating money, spending blood, i've seen tons of clips of him nicely treating his fans, many instances, like the Kid from Granada who ran to both Messi&Ronaldo, while Messi rejected him, and the Security came and took the kid away, Ronaldo gently talked to him, didn't mind at all, and other kids came running to greet Ronaldo... It's always the same...
It's a travesty and true shame, how the Media has impacted their reputations. Ronaldo is the most underappreciated and disrespected player ever, while the red carpet is out there for Messi.

It all comes down to their outside appearance, Messi as the shy, small one, while Ronaldo looks like a greece god, therefore interpreted (?) as arrogant.

Like Mourinho said, it's much harder being Cristiano than being Messi, in all senses, making his greatness even more special.

Please keep this thread real, answer honestly.

Last edited by RonaldoGreatestEverRM on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality Empty Re: Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality

Post by Albiceleste Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 pm

rofl

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality Empty Re: Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Albiceleste wrote:rofl
Such an insightful comment! :facepalm:
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:36 pm

When has Ibra been voted as Barca best player ?

I agree that Media have a huge impact on people in terms of perception. you can't change that. Cr7 an Messi have 2 differents personnalities but none of them is 100% evil or 100% angel.
Life is about perception and kuddos to people who go further.
I'm pretty sure that ghandi , Einstein, Malcom X who are portrayed as heroes also have many flaws ...
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Bénin wrote:When has Ibra been voted as Barca best player ?
That was after the first half of the season if i remember correctly..
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Einstein, like many geniuses, definately had some personal flaws.. i've read that if you are blessed with their knowledge, other aspects of life lack... now don't tell me Messi is a genius that's the reason lol.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Why are some so adamant to deny perception and believe in reality completely opposite? I think this is actually great example how far from reality some are themselves.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Nothing to refute my points so far... smoking 
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Is him scoring a goal with his hand worth noting? I mean it was in the finish of the 2007 season and almost changed the landscape of spanish football, as Barcelona almost ended up winning the title...
That line killed me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Most of the stuff Messi has been accused for hasn't been proven.

I don't think Ronaldo is arrogant. I think it's his on the pitch antics and his overall poster boy image that has automatically given him the label of being 'arrogant'. He used to dive, show off with unnecessary skills, be selfish on the pitch, not track back etc, so maybe that aids the argument of him being arrogant. However him helping charities doesn't mean he can't be arrogant. People can have several sides to them depending on what they're doing.

Messi however is seen as a quiet underdog type player, who just gets on with it, isn't a flamboyant show off celebrity poster boy. Maybe a lot of people appreciate that because they know he's not flaunting and he's just getting on with the game.

In terms of who's the better player, well that's clearly Messi.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
In terms of who's the better player, well that's clearly RONALDO.
different topic though
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:09 pm

If people said that Ronaldo was sad because of his old contract, do you buy it? And if people said that Ronaldo is a bit jealous that bales price is higher than his and that's why spurs and Madrid are quoting two different prices, do you buy it?
As with messi, some asshole who wasn't even present said something of humiliating pep by getting a coke is kind of funny. The tax fraud case hasn't proven anything. I don't look at messi as some perfect kid, you don't even know the guy besides watch him play. Same with Ronaldo, people will pick sides because they like one person better and their perception becomes way off when the reality is that these two are just people. Messi is portrayed this way because during his early barca career he never did any diving or showing off and always played his incredible game. Ronaldo is portrayed one way because he was kind of a crybaby and did some diving antics, also not to mention the wink at the bench in 06 World Cup, all bringing it to a negative image.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 pm

I really thought the comparisons of Ronaldo with Messi have been done and over with 2 years ago.
Messi has more goals then Ronaldo ... Fact
Messi has more assists then Ronaldo ... Fact
Messi has more silverware then Ronaldo ... Fact

what does Ronaldo have over Messi? Taller? hasn't seemed to help him surpass Messi's goal tally.. Faster? again doesn't do anything to help him surpass the statistics. Can play in well in different teams?
Hardly a mention it's not like he came from a bad club and brought them glory he came from Manchester United, who had trophies before him and after him let alone how hard is it to preform in a squad that costs half a billion (Madrid).
Messi doesn't preform under Argentina? on what comparison it's not like Ronaldo does anything for Portugal, despite having a much better overall team then Argetina... another fun fact and stat, Messi only has 83 caps with Argentina with 37 goals whereas CR7 has 106 apps with only 43 goals and for some reason they label Messi as the national team flop?

I know this topic wasn't made to compare the two in terms of abilities but to save time and not have to make a thread about it that's my opinion.

in terms of how people view a certain player, how is that Messi's fault? People are going to judge a player based on what they see.. when you hear Ronaldo complain about the Refs all the time, people will lose respect for him.. when you see him miss 95% of his free kicks and complain after missing them along with screaming at the ref that it was a handball.. people lose respect for him, when he dives people lose respect for him, when he says people are jealous of him because he is rich, handsome, and skilled people lose respect for him. When he gets upset and complains asking the Media what has Messi done with Argentina after failing for Portugal people lose respect for him, and more people praise Messi for simply saying "no comment" and keeping drama away from the Media.
Messi on the other hand.. people dislike him for what the Media tries to say about him, I may be biased but a neutral barely cares what happens out of the game, tax fraud? people ignore that because it is not important and not a fact people appreciate Messi for his field antics, he doesn't dive, they call him a dog for always chasing the ball and giving it his 100% despite having a better chance falling on the ground and arguing for a penalty which quiet frankly 90% of footballers do now and days.
Messi is unique in his play style and attitude and that is why many people seem to highlight his presence
and lol at Messi pushing out Villa / Ibra / Sanchez, any manager with their right mind would put Messi in the center over those three, when Messi played on the wing his abilities were limited, when he was put in the center he shined as bright as he could and showed the world the real player he is, Pep saw that and replaced Ibra with proper reasoning.

Funny enough Messi being two years younger then Ronaldo and having nearly 150 less apps in club level Messi will soon surpass Ronaldo's grand tally within 9 more goals.

Ronaldo is a good player he is just unlucky to be playing at the same time as Messi who overshadows him big time.

Last edited by Donuts on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:45 pm

lol at you making this Ronaldo vs Messi on field. Ronaldo tops him there too.

uncanny, well, thats not one particular person, thats ADMITTED rumours from the media, nobody quoting stuff though.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:47 pm

I'll just quote you on your response then Smile
RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:
Such an insightful comment! :facepalm:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Badamdar Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:24 am

What an idiot. People love you only because of your football. Maradona was biggest idiot yet people love him like crazy. Being humble or arrogant doesnt matter believe me. Be arrogant but then dribble 4-5 players and score then people will love you. But unfortunately Ronaldo's words are bigger than his football and he is average at everything except scoring

Badamdar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:54 am

RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:lol at you making this Ronaldo vs Messi on field. Ronaldo tops him there too.

uncanny, well, thats not one particular person, thats ADMITTED rumours from the media, nobody quoting stuff though.
Well whatever it is, I like them both, I probably lean more towards Cr7 because I used to watch his manchester side all the time. But either way I don't like to view either in a negative way. But like I said people will pick sides from who they like be what they hear in the media, and what the media says May or may not always be true.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Uncanny wrote:
Well whatever it is, I like them both, I probably lean more towards Cr7 because I used to watch his manchester side all the time.  But either way I don't like to view either in a negative way.  But like I said people will pick sides from who they like be what they hear in the media, and what the media says May or may not always be true.
https://2img.net/u/3313/22/97/24/smiles/3176931354.gif
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

I don't care about their attitudes. The simple truth is Messi is better. I said this after we played Barcelona in 08 semis and I have said it ever since. Messi is just talented. You cannot bridge that gap.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:19 pm

You can if you play as lazy as Messi did the last 2 years, and be so much of a better big game player.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:24 pm

RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:You can if you play as lazy as Messi did the last 2 years, and be so much of a better big game player.
What big games?

Lol from one season Ronaldo has become a big game player? Get real ffs

Look at him through out his whole career and he is a big game flop. Messi creates more and has an effect on his team when he doesn't score. When Ronaldo doesn't score (as rare as it is) he contributes almost nothing. Plus Barcelona had no mangers last year. Messi can be as lazy as he wants but his talent is something Ronaldo will ever have. They are not and have never been on the same level. Neither Messi raping a cancer patient or Ronaldo solving world hunger will change that.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Talent doesn't equal greatness. Otherwise guys like McGrady, Carter, Hill, etc. would be Top 20 all time (basketball)

Big Game Goals:
Champions League Semifinals: 6-2 Ronaldo + Champions League Finals: 2-1 Messi=7-4 Ronaldo.
World Cup&European Cup/Copa America: 8-3 Ronaldo.
Cup Finals: 3-2 Ronaldo.
Overall: 18-9 Ronaldo.

nuff said
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm done. Believe what you want. Messi will always be better. At United and until last season Ronaldo was known as a big game flop. Messi will always be a bigger game player than Ronaldo. Deal with it.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Badamdar Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:44 pm

RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:Talent doesn't equal greatness. Otherwise guys like McGrady, Carter, Hill, etc. would be Top 20 all time (basketball)

Big Game Goals:
Champions League Semifinals: 6-2 Ronaldo + Champions League Finals: 2-1 Messi=7-4 Ronaldo.
World Cup&European Cup/Copa America: 8-3 Ronaldo.
Cup Finals: 3-2 Ronaldo.
Overall: 18-9 Ronaldo.

nuff said
You are ridiculous. Big game means against big teams not against small teams in Euros and in CL semifinals. Only big team Ronaldo scored against in national team is Holland. Rest were medicore teams

Messi has 55-60 goals and 20-25 assists against big teams, how many Ronaldo have?
Messi vs big teams:
R.Madrid - 18 goals (11 assists)
Milan - 5 goals (3 assists)
Arsenal - 6 goals
M.United - 2 goals
Bayern - 2 goals
A.Madrid - 20 goals (9 assists)

As above mentioned Ronaldo was big game flop until 2011 season. he had 1 or 2 goals vs barcelona in 10 games, now he scored against them but still 0 assist. If we add assists and involvement in actual play Messi is way way better player against big teams

Badamdar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Against big clubs

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality Messi%20Cronaldo%20Big%20Clubs

Competition finals

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality Messi%20Cronaldo%20Finals

National Team Competitions

Messi & Ronaldo's Perception&Reality Messi%20Cronaldo%20National%20Team

Average in more prominent games

Messi 1.01 (G+A)/Game
C.Ronaldo 0.58 (G+A)/Game

The difference is almost 2x statistically.

Goodbye.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next