salmano9
juvealbanian
marottalad
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3-5-2 alternatives  Empty 3-5-2 alternatives

Post by marottalad Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:33 am

Trying to keep fifa out of this section as much as possible which alternative formations can we play?

I think next season we should scrap pirlo as good as he is or keep him for a 3-5-2 and move onto a new more used formation such as 3-4-1-2

tevez/      llorente/vucinic/  new striker?
             pogba/marchisio/new attacking mid?
lwb/asa   marchisio/pogba    vidal lich
               chiel bon barza

marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

3-5-2 alternatives  Empty Re: 3-5-2 alternatives

Post by juvealbanian Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 am

With our current players group 4-3-3 is the best alternative.However i would like to see Juve play a 4-2-3-1 but this formation puts 2 or 3 players out of their natural positions.

4-3-3

BUFFON
LICHT-BARZI-CHIELLO-OGBO
VIDAL-PIRLO/POGBA-MARCHISIO
VUCINIC-LLORENTE-TEVEZ
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Why is everyone stubborn. ..
CONTE ISN'T GONNA CHANGE 352
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:14 pm

The 3-5-2 is fine. If we upgrade our wingers, then maybe we can think about other formations. It's been said many times, but this formation is ideal for the type of players we have right now. Two straight draws are not the end of the world. Plus, the problem again Copenhagen was not the formation. The chances were there, but players didn't finish.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Yeah lets go crazy over 2 draws in the beginning of the season and change our formation, playstyle and philosophy to a formation we have no players for cheers 
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm

We can't scrap the 3-5-2, not yet.

But like I've said for f*ck knows how long, we need a legitimate plan B instead of making 3 often random subs in hope more than expectation.

A quick fix would be to buy an attackingly accomplished wing back or 2, because if we want to build so much of our play through the wide men, then they need to be able to attack.

Long term, we need to shop for actual wingers and/or attacking midfielders if we want to move from 3-5-2 or at the very least have options for back up plans.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Yeah lets go crazy over 2 draws in the beginning of the season and change our formation, playstyle and philosophy to a formation we have no players for cheers 
Haha, no I think we just need to put LoLo in the starting lineup. That should solve most of our problems...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:11 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Yeah lets go crazy over 2 draws in the beginning of the season and change our formation, playstyle and philosophy to a formation we have no players for cheers 
Haha, no I think we just need to put LoLo in the starting lineup. That should solve most of our problems...
Come on let's do a Ferrara Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:21 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Nah let's change to a 4-3-1-2 and sign Pato. That'll do it

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Luca wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
rofl

Anyways you guys should understand why we arent using 4-3-3.We dont have a proper RW for it,simple as that.Pepe is done,he hasnt played football for 1.5 years and as far as i'm concerned he only still is in the team as he's liked by all members and just there to cheer up the dressing room.Please dont put Giovinco or Vucinic on the right in your imaginary formations,its not going to work and you need wingers who are more direct and have the ability to track back which Gio or Vuci or not,so forget about it ,its not going to happen.

And it doesnt seem like Conte is convinced of playing Isla as a RW which is a fair enough call imo anyway.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 pm

S wrote:
Luca wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Haha, no I think we just need to put LoLo in the starting lineup. That should solve most of our problems...
rofl

Anyways you guys should understand why we arent using 4-3-3.We dont have a proper RW for it,simple as that.Pepe is done,he hasnt played football for 1.5 years and as far as i'm concerned he only still is in the team as he's liked by all members and just there to cheer up the dressing room.Please dont put Giovinco or Vucinic on the right in your imaginary formations,its not going to work and you need wingers who are more direct and have the ability to track back which Gio or Vuci or not,so forget about it ,its not going to happen.

And it doesnt seem like Conte is convinced of playing Isla as a RW which is a fair enough call imo anyway.
All great points.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Luca wrote:Nah let's change to a 4-3-1-2 and sign Pato. That'll do it
This ! 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 are the only serious options to alternate our formation all the rest are just dreams. Conte here IS the problem not the formation. Mister is very very VERY defensive but in a bad destroying way, for starters he loves his 5-3-2 wich essentially has all 10 players defend the hell out of their shorts just look at tevez whom Conte has diminshed to a defensive mid with the mind of a trequartista who first of all looks to set up his teammates after using all his power chasing meaningless balls. I think Conte is at a point where football is second to not loosing.

A change in formation would at least on paper have juve attack with 3 and not only 2 players napoli attack with 4 as many other teams do.

I like Conte a lot but i cant see any developments from his first year in the scemes of attack, i higly doubt he has any flair, let alone interest in teaching offensive football or just some plain attacking scemes.
Im blown away by the lack of organisation when Juve attack.
Forza Quags he is the one who deserves it more and forza Conte i hope he is at the helm for the rest of my life, but he is stubborn southern always will be.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Right now, the 3-5-2 is the way to go. We have 2 world class CBs and one thats close to it. We have a very attacking fullback thats among the best in the world. We have three world class CMs and one thats young and very exciting. We have three very good strikers and two good ones who are all better centrally bar Giovinco. We also saw the difference for Italy when we played a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-1-2 against Spain.

The best backup plan though is the 4-3-3 with Chiellini as the leftback, at least until Barzagli starts to noticeably decline. It doesnt fit quite as well as the 3-5-2 in my opinion, but it still fits well. The only problem would be that we need a proper RW for this formation. When we are chasing a game a front line of Vucinic-Llorente-Tevez might work, but defensively its a liability so it cant be played all the time.

A 4-2-3-1 is intriguing but with the players we have, it would basically be the same thing as the 4-3-3 with one of Marchisio or Vidal a hit further forward but knowing them, theyre hard workers and they would still do alot of defensive work so it would be the same. The 4-3-1-2 is out of the question in my opinion. It was a catastrophe a few seasons ago, and a catastrophe for Italy at the Euros. The problem is there are no wingers, so the fullbacks are expected to provide the width similar to the 3-5-2 (though jot quite to that extent in an attacking sense). Problem is,theres only 2 CBs covering for them now. Thats another defensive liability. We would also need a natural #10, which is scarce these days and when you do find one good enough for a team like us they cost buttloads of cash.

Overall, its best to stick with the 3-5-2 in my opinion, not just right now hut for the next few seasons as well as long as things continue going so well. I see Pogba taking over for Pirlo so it wouldnt change much in my ooinion when Pirlo leaves/retires/rapidly declines eventually. I think we honestoy just need a clinical target man and no one would be calling for a change of formation because with a clinical #9 we would have annihilated Copenhagen. Thats also why everyone wants Llorente to get a chance because with Tevez as the SS, if Llorente succeeds, we could be the complete package.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Luca wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
Haha Luca, you read my mind!! We are finally on the same page my fellow Canadian friend!! And to think we used to always agree on stuff before. Looks like we are getting back to the good ol days. I'm so happy!!

By the way did Tony actually become a Milanista?? That's pretty screwed up if he did. Gonna have to give him a piece of my mind if I ever hear from him again. That would be the equivalent of a Maple Leafs fan becoming a Canucks fan!! LOL!!
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:46 pm

juventus101 wrote:Right now, the 3-5-2 is the way to go. We have 2 world class CBs and one thats close to it. We have a very attacking fullback thats among the best in the world. We have three world class CMs and one thats young and very exciting. We have three very good strikers and two good ones who are all better centrally bar Giovinco. We also saw the difference for Italy when we played a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-1-2 against Spain.

The best backup plan though is the 4-3-3 with Chiellini as the leftback, at least until Barzagli starts to noticeably decline. It doesnt fit quite as well as the 3-5-2 in my opinion, but it still fits well. The only problem would be that we need a proper RW for this formation. When we are chasing a game a front line of Vucinic-Llorente-Tevez might work, but defensively its a liability so it cant be played all the time.

A 4-2-3-1 is intriguing but with the players we have, it would basically be the same thing as the 4-3-3 with one of Marchisio or Vidal a hit further forward but knowing them, theyre hard workers and they would still do alot of defensive work so it would be the same. The 4-3-1-2 is out of the question in my opinion. It was a catastrophe a few seasons ago, and a catastrophe for Italy at the Euros. The problem is there are no wingers, so the fullbacks are expected to provide the width similar to the 3-5-2 (though jot quite to that extent in an attacking sense). Problem is,theres only 2 CBs covering for them now. Thats another defensive liability. We would also need a natural #10, which is scarce these days and when you do find one good enough for a team like us they cost buttloads of cash.

Overall, its best to stick with the 3-5-2 in my opinion, not just right now hut for the next few seasons as well as long as things continue going so well. I see Pogba taking over for Pirlo so it wouldnt change much in my ooinion when Pirlo leaves/retires/rapidly declines eventually. I think we honestoy just need a clinical target man and no one would be calling for a change of formation because with a clinical #9 we would have annihilated Copenhagen. Thats also why everyone wants Llorente to get a chance because with Tevez as the SS, if Llorente succeeds, we could be the complete package.
I dont agree with you often,but this is a great post.Agree on all points especially the comments on the 4-3-1-2 formation.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Luca wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
rofl

u forgot having Pogba as a 10 behind the strikers Laughing

p.s: no hard feelings Gigi you know you are my man....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:49 pm

S wrote:
Luca wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Haha, no I think we just need to put LoLo in the starting lineup. That should solve most of our problems...
rofl

When Pogba turns into a world class attacking midfielder and wins the ballon d'Or as Conte and Nedved and I have predicted, I will be the last one laughing, believe you me...

Smile
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Luca wrote:
Haha Luca, you read my mind!!  We are finally on the same page my fellow Canadian friend!!  And to think we used to always agree on stuff before.  Looks like we are getting back to the good ol days.  I'm so happy!!

By the way did Tony actually become a Milanista??  That's pretty screwed up if he did.  Gonna have to give him a piece of my mind if I ever hear from him again.  That would be the equivalent of a Maple Leafs fan becoming a Canucks fan!!  LOL!!

Pittsburgh Penguins, y'all can eat that....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Personally, i think you guys lack certain personnel if you're going 4-3-3. As many have stated you need actual wingers, Vuci might cut it because he played LW before but you need that RW

But from my perspective, Juve have invested a bit with signings that complement the 3-5-2, You're not going to tell me that you payed 15 m for Ogs for being a backup to a backup right? You have 3 fine CB's, as well as Caceres. Chiellini at LB won't cut it in high level IMO. To my point, 3 CB system is more suitable for 5 very good CB's

More to the point, a midfield of 2 isn't gonna help IMO. You have too much quality in the middle of the park. And Marchisio is still an unknown question mark at AM, so a 4-2-4/4-2-3-1 won't do

The 3-5-2 is a good system, though a better LM can be sought in the form of Zuniga (If his contract does expire next year) or Coentrao or whoever

Though i know the concern of playing by just one static formation all season long, implementing any other formation at this time could disrupt the team and the players may not find it suitable. The thing that i think Juve should do is tweak or tamper the 3-5-2 such that the formation negates the need for a backup plan

Just my 2 cents
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:55 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Personally, i think you guys lack certain personnel if you're going 4-3-3. As many have stated you need actual wingers, Vuci might cut it because he played LW before but you need that RW

But from my perspective, Juve have invested a bit with signings that complement the 3-5-2, You're not going to tell me that you payed 15 m for Ogs for being a backup to a backup right? You have 3 fine CB's, as well as Caceres. Chiellini at LB won't cut it in high level IMO. To my point, 3 CB system is more suitable for 5 very good CB's

More to the point, a midfield of 2 isn't gonna help IMO. You have too much quality in the middle of the park. And Marchisio is still an unknown question mark at AM, so a 4-2-4/4-2-3-1 won't do

The 3-5-2 is a good system, though a better LM can be sought in the form of Zuniga (If his contract does expire next year) or Coentrao or whoever

Though i know the concern of playing by just one static formation all season long, implementing any other formation at this time could disrupt the team and the players may not find it suitable. The thing that i think Juve should do is tweak or tamper the 3-5-2 such that the formation negates the need for a backup plan

Just my 2 cents
you know u are welcomed so feel free to post ur 2 cents any time Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:07 pm

elmystique wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
Haha Luca, you read my mind!!  We are finally on the same page my fellow Canadian friend!!  And to think we used to always agree on stuff before.  Looks like we are getting back to the good ol days.  I'm so happy!!

By the way did Tony actually become a Milanista??  That's pretty screwed up if he did.  Gonna have to give him a piece of my mind if I ever hear from him again.  That would be the equivalent of a Maple Leafs fan becoming a Canucks fan!!  LOL!!
Pittsburgh Penguins, y'all can eat  that....
Bruins, Black Hawks...

Smile
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:13 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
elmystique wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Haha Luca, you read my mind!!  We are finally on the same page my fellow Canadian friend!!  And to think we used to always agree on stuff before.  Looks like we are getting back to the good ol days.  I'm so happy!!

Pittsburgh Penguins, y'all can eat  that....
Bruins, Black Hawks...

Smile
:facepalm:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:14 pm

elmystique wrote:
Luca wrote:
rofl

Pogba has a better chance of becoming our next 10 than Lolo does of ever becoming our new 9...

Smile

Haha, I know it's all in fun, that's why I post, to have fun and talk about my favourite team. I really don't care if you guys like Conte or not, as long as we win trophies I am happy.

Forza Juve...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:16 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
elmystique wrote:
rofl

Pogba has a better chance of becoming our next 10 than Lolo does of ever becoming our new 9...

Smile

Haha, I know it's all in fun, that's why I post, to have fun and talk about my favourite team.  I really don't care if you guys like Conte or not, as long as we win trophies I am happy.

Forza Juve...

just trolling you brah....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:24 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Luca wrote:

Lmao it's all in good fun. And yeah I think he did, I don't have contact with him anymore

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next