Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

+3
El Jefe
AltoZ
abirking
7 posters

Go down

Who is the better defender?

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Vote_lcap71%Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 10 ]
Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Vote_lcap29%Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 14
 
 
Poll closed

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by abirking Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 pm

I was having a discussion with a friend who is a liverpool fan and we had a heated debate about who is the better defender Koscielny or Agger. I thought this would be a fun topic for discussion.
Both players are important for their clubs and play for their national teams.
Koscielny is the faster between the two of them, has good positioning and has a great leap when defending or attacking set-pieces. Though he has disciplinary problems.
Agger the probably stronger between the two of them, with good passing ability for a defender and a great left foot but has a tendency to get injured.

For me Koscielny is the better individual defender because he uses his movement well to cover for mertesacker and is good at making last ditch challenges. He is good in the air despite being 6'1 and 74 kilos. Additionally given that Arsenal's centre-backs faces the most defensive pressure among the top teams ( as our mid-field gets bullied by big teams and our full-backs likes to play as wingers) he and mertesacker has done well to achieve the second best defensive record in 2012-13 season.

Last but not the least he scored two important goals in 2011-12 and 2012-13 season to help arsenal qualify for the UCL and they were priceless.

So who is the better defender, and who is more important for their individual teams.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 225
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by AltoZ Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Hmm, tbh, i think both are overrated.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 555
Join date : 2013-03-15

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 am

Prefer Agger. Koscienly is a bit rash for my liking.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-08-25

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by aleumdance Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:34 am

mate wasting your time....


nobody recognizes Kos on here, if you remind them that he is the reason we had the 2nd best D last season they would say stats mean nada..


leave it, to them, even Heskey is a better defenser
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2943
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by Kick Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:24 am

aleumdance wrote:mate wasting your time....


nobody recognizes Kos on here, if you remind them that he is the reason we had the 2nd best D last season they would say stats mean nada..


leave it, to them, even Heskey is a better defenser
I prefer Kos....
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by Highburied Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Embarrassing comparison .

Koscielny is like in Penthouse having a cold drink while Agger somewhere around the building having problems to climb up.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2630
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Only one of them just got torn apart by Aston Villa.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-08-25

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by abirking Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Not by Villa but by Lee Mason. Its not Koscielny's fault that Lee Mason is half-blind. His tackle on Agbonglahor was good, he got the ball and it was a bad call by the Ref.



abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 225
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:10 pm

abirking wrote:Not by Villa but by Lee Mason. Its not Koscielny's fault that Lee Mason is half-blind. His tackle on Agbonglahor was good, he got the ball and it was a bad call by the Ref.
Kos is better but that was a foul, if it happened down the other end and were denied you'd be screaming bloody murder.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by abirking Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:12 pm

lszanto wrote:
abirking wrote:Not by Villa but by Lee Mason. Its not Koscielny's fault that Lee Mason is half-blind. His tackle on Agbonglahor was good, he got the ball and it was a bad call by the Ref.
Kos is better but that was a foul, if it happened down the other end and were denied you'd be screaming bloody murder.
That tackle was shown from various angles on TV and every angle showed that Kos got the ball as well as Agbonglahor. Even the commentators at Sky agreed that it was not a foul but a good tackle.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 225
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by El Jefe Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:29 pm

abirking wrote:
lszanto wrote:
abirking wrote:Not by Villa but by Lee Mason. Its not Koscielny's fault that Lee Mason is half-blind. His tackle on Agbonglahor was good, he got the ball and it was a bad call by the Ref.
Kos is better but that was a foul, if it happened down the other end and were denied you'd be screaming bloody murder.
That tackle was shown from various angles on TV and every angle showed that Kos got the ball as well as Agbonglahor. Even the commentators at Sky agreed that it was not a foul but a good tackle.
I'm not just talking about that, there were a couple more mistakes he made. It's the sort of thing I expected him to have ironed out of his game by now.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-08-25

Back to top Go down

Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger Empty Re: Laurent Koscielny vs Daniel Agger

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum