Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 13 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:12 am

have you guys watched ozil or di maria lately? di maria is headless and ozil has the stamina of a 90 year old smoker.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 13 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Lex Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:12 am

Seriously, for Ozil to be worse at defending than Bale, he would have to be legally blind and equipped with a peg leg
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:14 am

Lex wrote:Nick, you do realize Bale is absolute dog shit at defending?
can you guys quit expecting players to look like Maldini when they defend. All he has to do is to run to cover gaps, that would be a huge deal. I dont see Ribery and Robben acting like they are beckenbauers on steroids. they have a good tactical understanding of how players move, where they need to be, and they understand that keeping shape is important. it's not rocket science, it's a matter of making that effort, Which most attacking players dont want to, like CR or Ozil when played wide.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 am

Its been a while, but from memory Bale was a long way from being great LB, at one point want 'arry trying to offload him untill he figured he was better at LW?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:15 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:He won't leave.
OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 13 Head-in-sand
Mole common everyone knows top players will sacrifice the good of there careers to play sit on the bench of the almighty Madrid!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:19 am

its not really defending though, its pressing.

di maria is a headless chicken when he presses but he has the stamina to look good to neutrals.

ozil doesnt have the stamina to press and looks pretty clueless when he does

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:23 am

Di Maria is a hard worker. Much much much harder worker than Bale. That will be telling once you guys see Bale play.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:23 am

Lex wrote:Cbarca, how many games did Tottenham win with Bale as a LB? hmm
A coincidence.

Look, I've watched Bale a lot. I'm not even hyping him up anymore because he's at Madrid now not Tottenham so he's pretty much dead to me. He's not worse than Ozil or the worst thing ever. He'll do the job decently.

I'm not even saying he's good. But he'll do the job and help out his fullback and do it decently if told to
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:42 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:dmad, you realise cazorla has gone wide to accommodate rosicky for months now, not wilshere? I mean you do watch a lot of arsenal games, or pretend to, so you should have noticed who's been playing the AM role. When wilshere was injured cazorla were still laying to the left side..... yeahg he  had been bad for a while, you know playing on painkillers and recovering from surgey are a decent excuse for a dip in form.

Im actually with Gil for once. Personally think wilshere is reshaping his game well to play with ramsey

and ozil is definitely a player arsenal needs  
This should make it clear as a sunny day for you.  It's from Arsenal's website with Quotes from Cazorla, so again there really should be no argument to what I'm saying as Cazorla has been one of my favorite players for longer then you knew of him when he entered the EPL.

"The Spaniard actually played two completely different positions over the course of his debut Arsenal campaign. For the first 21 games of the season, he was fielded in a central attacking position in Arsenal’s 4-2-3-1 formation.
He was man of the match on debut against Sunderland, and also the outstanding performer in Arsenal’s first victory of the season, away at Liverpool. He collected a goal and an assist at Anfield, thriving in his central position. “That’s where the manager played me, as a second striker, with the freedom that I like to have,” Cazorla says. “It’s a position I really like, not one I’ve played in much in recent years, but I will play there without problems.”

The new year brought a new role for Cazorla. In January’s 1-0 FA Cup replay victory over Swansea, he was moved to the left, as Jack Wilshere played at the top of the midfield triangle, from where he scored the game’s only goal.

Interestingly, in both Cazorla’s description of his central role, and Arteta’s perspective on his compatriot’s play from the left, the same word features: freedom. Cazorla thrives when given license to drift across the pitch as he pleases, scampering into various zones to find angles for dangerous passes. So which role does he actually prefer?

“Well, as long as I have freedom, I don’t mind,” he says. There’s that word again. “It’s not a question of playing wide… I like to get involved in the middle, to receive the ball and the boss lets me do it. So because of that it doesn’t matter whether I’m positioned on the wing or in the centre.”
That’s the best way of putting it - not simply ‘I don’t mind’, but also ‘it doesn’t matter’. Cazorla plays the same way, regardless of his position."
ok I will make it sunny clear for you, after wilshere got injured in march he was replaced by rosicky, cazorla continued on the left, while rocicky occupied the central attacking slot. This season wilshere is occupying a more defensive position, with rosick, still, in the CAM. So stop blaming wilshere for cazorlas position. And as I remember cazorla was magnificent when wilshere went to CAM, against sunderland, and villa, I remember he was magnificent, in no way hampered by wilshere. Wilshere soon then left the team injured.
OK got it, so your going to completely ignore what the article says and what the player himself says because for some reason you think you know better then the actual player himself.  Boy, having conversations with you must be a real barrel of laughs.

I mean Cazorla says the exact thing I have been trying to tell you that it doesn't matter where someone arbitrarily writes his name on a team sheet he always occupies the same positions on the field throughout the course of a game anyways.

“It’s not a question of playing wide… I like to get involved in the middle, to receive the ball and the boss lets me do it. So because of that it doesn’t matter whether I’m positioned on the wing or in the centre.”

I mean even after this quote from THE ACTUAL PLAYER you want to act like you know best, it's quite astonishing, it's like talking to a wall.

Then you want to pretend like adding another central mid to the field doesn't affect where Cazorla plays.  I mean the freaking article spells it out for you.

For the first 21 games of the season, he was fielded in a central attacking position in Arsenal’s 4-2-3-1 formation.

He collected a goal and an assist at Anfield, thriving in his central position. “That’s where the manager played me, as a second striker, with the freedom that I like to have,” Cazorla says.

The new year brought a new role for Cazorla. (when Wilshere returned from injury) In January’s 1-0 FA Cup replay victory over Swansea, he was moved to the left, as Jack Wilshere played at the top of the midfield triangle

I mean Rosicky only appeared 10 times in the EPL last year.  What your saying makes absolutely no sense at all not to mention the ACTUAL PLAYER himself disagree's with you.

Your blind love for Jack Wilshere has made you totally closed off to reality.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 am

What point are you actually trying to make? cazorla doesn't have a problem playing on the left as he drifts inside as he stated, so he doesn't mind wilshere, as when he played with wilshere he had freedom to drift in from the left, as he did, against the likes of sunderland, villa, and Tottenham back in march, with wilshere there. More to the point, wilshere hasn't played in cazorlas preferred position since march, so im really not sure how you are putting some blame on wilshere. It is clear wenger is not playing cazorla on the left because of wilshere, because you know, wilshere hasn't played as a CAM for months and cazorla is still starting from a left position drifting inside. Everyone know cazorla is not a winger, when I say he starts on the left, I do realise he drifts centrally.

So we established that

1. Cazorla had freedom to drift inside and play well when wilshere was there
2. Wilshere is not even the cause of cazorla starting from the left anyay, its quite clear wenger just prefers having an extra midfielder.

So WHAT is your problem here with wilshere?????

and seriously, call me blind, at least im not delirious
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:56 am

am I the only Madrid fan who noticed Ozil's importance or some of you are just trolling around?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:03 am

isco is boss now ozil who? smh this is mental ffs :facepalm: 
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:11 am

lol funny quote from lol.com

" Arseanl would be fools to pay 45 Million"

" which arsenal player had more than 30 assists in 3 seasons"

" play for madrid or Barca and ur stats will sky rocket"

Smile,LOL
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:25 am

Ozil will be the best player Arsenal have had since Henry... He will boss the Premier League
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:30 am

if he comes, it means cazorla is stuck permanently in the left Sad

its bitter sweet
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:38 am

Swagg wrote:Ozil will be the best player Arsenal have had since Henry... He will boss the Premier League
to have that kind of impact he is going to have to decide games and we know Ozil cant score. RVP is still better player than Ozil to this day so no, i doubt he will be that good.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:41 am

Nick

if we play Ozil in the center, getting backed by ramsey and wilshere/arteta

Ozil will boss EPL< trust me, arsenal midfield can create space but our problem is finding a proper architect apart fro Cazorla
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:46 am

Ozil will never ever ever shoot.
You'll find out very quickly that he can be indecisive and he tends to hold on to the ball for much longer than he should. And will play a pass despite having the opportunity for a shot.

I still love him though and would hate to see him leave
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:49 am

i wish he bosses for you, because it became apparent he did not want to stay in madrid anymore. We are taking a different path so i wish you the best, while i hope we made the correct choice ourselves.

I cant underestimate the talents of Wenger as a coach, so Ozil might start scoring goals like Cesc did. Wenger is 10x the mentor Mourinho can be so that will help him. His work rate is the only real issue
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:50 am

if he play center

he would pass and create more to theo, Giroud, Poldi and Cazorla

The fact he does not shoot makes him the PERFECT WENGER signing, cuz nobody in Arsenal can shoot apart from santi
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:53 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Swagg wrote:Ozil will be the best player Arsenal have had since Henry... He will boss the Premier League
to have that kind of impact he is going to have to decide games and we know Ozil cant score. RVP is still better player than Ozil to this day so no, i doubt he will be that good.
He will have a better chance of scoring with Arsenal since he won't be playing along side Mr. ShootEveryTimeIGetTheBall.. He will have a bigger role and will excel.. Plus he will be playing defense splitting passes all day

Don't believe me just watch :coffee:

Last edited by Swagg on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:54 am

yeah Nick I am also worried about his work rate..

I remember it was mid 2010/11 season, I noticed how he would start looking tired by 75th minute

maybe cazorlas pushes to middle, then someone enters
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:57 am

I feel I'm in the minority in the GL Real fan base that is quite saddened Ozil's future at the club is approaching a rather premature end. Then again, I have a real fondness for the mercurial talents of the world bar a few exceptions.

A man as esteemed as Wenger would be a fantastic mentor for Ozil. If he actually leaves for Arsenal that is...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:18 am

aleumdance wrote: if he comes, it means cazorla is stuck permanently in the left Sad

its bitter sweet
Actually... Wenger could play him at RAM, push Walcott up top, drop Giroud, and continue to play Rosicky behind the striker. It won't/shouldn't happen, but it does sound like something that Wenger would do. :coffee:

I can't say Ozil is a bad signing, because a player of his class will improve almost any team. However, I'm not sure he's the most prudent signing for Arsenal in this window. For example, why do they need an attacking midfielder? They already have three players capable of playing the position to good effect (Cazorla, Wilshere, and Rosicky). What they could really use is a LW (to cover GOALdolski), a proper DM (which Cabaye is not), and a CB. Any of the three would immediately help the squad. Buying another CAM only complicates the selection and leaves the same deficiencies.

Sure, Cazorla is the sexy signing that will appease the supporters, but he may not be the signing that they need the most. Moreover, is the upgrade from Cazorla to Ozil really worth the 30mil up-charge? If they were looking to blow 40mil, there are better options at positions of need. If they were willing to spend that much, why didn't they close the signing of Higuain? IMO, this move wreaks of panic-buying.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:21 am

I really hope Arsenal get him. He will shoot when he is allowed to, and under Wenger he will excel for sure. I liked him before joining RM and I liked him with RM. Him going to Arsenal is great news for me Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:25 am

Ozil and Carzola sending defense splitting passes to Theo bounce 
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next