Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

+47
Lex
RealGunner
LeBéninois
Ion Creanga
urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
Lord Spencer
lszanto
TenMenWonTheLeague
Grooverider
Abramovich
donttreadonred
mr-r34
Motogp69
aleumdance
futbol
DuringTheWar
cyberman
McAgger
VendettaRed07
B-Mac
BarrileteCosmico
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
Adit
Blue Barrett
Highburied
Red Alert
ExtremistEnigma
Firenze
The_Badger
DeletedUser#1
Suarez99
S
Le Samourai
CBarca
vivabarca38
Tomwin Lannister
EL Patron
AltoZ
The Franchise
jibers
Gil
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
51 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Mole already listed how the top 5 is gonna play out by the end of the season in original post

United
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal

:coffee:

subconsciously he already knows Proud

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 4 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by 1991 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 pm

2002/2003 was a 2 horse race, arsenal choked, man u won. 2003/2004 arsenal ran away with it, man u were in transition & CSKA chav were never a threat with ranieri. So i'm wondering what the hell you are talking about?
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:02 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I think the CL race will be more interesting than the title race personally.

I can't see past the two Manchester clubs. The way some people rate Mou is quite frightening though. As if adding him to a largely unchanged first team will guarantee 20 extra points or something Laughing

He's arguably the best manager in the league. He doesn't play attractive football, but he plays effective football. The win against Villa shows that. Winning those types of games wins you the league.

His team has improved with the likes of Lukaku, KVB and van Ginkel in the team.

They don't have to play 3 games in 1 week any more.

They don't have to make up a 20 point gap. They only have to make up about 10 as United will drop points because SAF is gone.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:08 am

The win against Villa showed nothing but how poor officials can be and why we need technology Laughing

I can't credit teams for escaping the (blind) eyes of the officials and getting results because of that. You can't rely on bad officiating. I agree he's a very good manager. But 3 unproven players and a new manager (considering Rafa is no scrub) hardly seems like it's a huge difference maker to me.

Now if they bought Eto'o/Rooney we'll revisit this. But even then the 2 Manchester clubs are definitely my favourites.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:11 am

You can't complain about officials for Chelsea and let United go out the window. They've been dominant for the last decade because of them... (not too sure about the early 90s as I didn't watch them then.)

Rafa never really had the support from the fans. Mou is considered a god to them. Massive difference, really.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:13 am

I'm not here for an overall officials debate.

But you used the Villa game to suggest how Mou could get Chelsea valuable points. I'm just pointing out how it was nothing to be proud of. They didn't win the game by being a solid team, they won it because human error is sadly a huge part of football.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:15 am

Oh and fans support is great to have long term

But booing the coach didn't knock a single point off of Chelsea. And Mou chants won't evolve into goals either.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:16 am

I didn't say they should be proud, did I?

I'm saying keep winning games like that, and you'll be up there at the end. They played like crap but still managed to get the 3 points. That's all that matters, the 3 points.

They'll be there at the end of the season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:18 am

Yes :facepalm:

But they got 3 points from bad officiating. Unless you're telling me that they can steadily rely on bad officiatiing to help them then your point is invalid.

If you get your ass handed to you for 90 minutes, get 3 undeserved penalties and get the opposition down to 9 men from simulation, yeah you got 3 points and that's 'all that matters' but that is not something that can be relied upon. So as a one off it's fine. But this is over the course of 38 games.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:20 am

Officials helped United, SAF is gone we will become crap blah blah blah

all this hypothetical non sense and no concrete reasons why we will decline other then deluded theories and hope

exact same squad is coming back + reinforcements eventually
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:27 am

You could argue Aston Villa got 3 points from bad officiating against Arsenal last week.

It doesn't matter.

They got the 3 points despite playing like a mid table squad.

And B-Mac, it ain't hypothetical. lol You're deluding yourself if you think Moyes will have the same influence as a whole in comparison to SAF.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:32 am

something-red wrote:You could argue Aston Villa got 3 points from bad officiating against Arsenal last week.

It doesn't matter.

They got the 3 points despite playing like a mid table squad.

And B-Mac, it ain't hypothetical. lol You're deluding yourself if you think Moyes will have the same influence as a whole in comparison to SAF.
it is completely hypothetical your trying to determine the amount of points a manager adds to a team which is something that is impossible to determine

and you're deluding yourself because you have liverpool googles on and think moyes is still in charge of a mid table everton squad, who he managed to guide above your liverpool last season on god knows how much of a smaller budget
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:40 am

Do I have Liverpool goggles on or do you have red Devil goggles on? lol

He had the same squad for 5 years ffs. It took him 10 years to finally see his system work, and only really managed to overcome us because of the whole G+H saga.

Is saying City/United/Chelsea are favourites for the league a false statement because it's impossible to determine how many points they'll get? Come on now. Moyes has absolutely NOTHING on Fergie as a manager, and he's shown nothing in his 10 years at Everton that he'll match Fergie. You will drop points from last year because of him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:51 am

something-red wrote:Do I have Liverpool goggles on or do you have red Devil goggles on? lol

He had the same squad for 5 years ffs. It took him 10 years to finally see his system work, and only really managed to overcome us because of the whole G+H saga.

Is saying City/United/Chelsea are favourites for the league a false statement because it's impossible to determine how many points they'll get? Come on now. Moyes has absolutely NOTHING on Fergie as a manager, and he's shown nothing in his 10 years at Everton that he'll match Fergie. You will drop points from last year because of him.  

RVP will stop scoring because he misses fergie, ok I get it now rofl

do you not understand that being Everton manager with Everton squad is a whole hell of a lot different then Manchester United and Manchester United squad? he can improve his squad without being restrained by a budget like at Everton.

and no saying city/united/chelsea are favourites is not impossible to determine because on paper we have the strongest squads, and the players are the ones who actually go out on the field and play the game and score the goals....why do I even need to explain this to you? :facepalm:

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:58 am

That's exactly what I said and I quote you by saying
it is completely hypothetical your trying to determine the amount of points a manager adds to a team which is something that is impossible to determine
hence why I asked the stupid question.

Granted, you said manager. But managers do make teams... Chelsea will be there. (Which was my initial point before you wanted to discuss Moyes...)

I also don't think you understand that "being Everton manager with Everton squad is a whole hell of a lot different then Manchester United and Manchester United squad" if you think Moyes will do the same job as Fergie... lol

You're merely hoping for it to be true.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:10 am

This is Moyes first big break..Unless he's managed a big club before you cant possibly determine how he will fare at United judging by his time at Everton.Two entities with completely different ambitions and resources.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:26 am

something-red wrote:That's exactly what I said and I quote you by saying
hence why I asked the stupid question.

Granted, you said manager. But managers do make teams... Chelsea will be there. (Which was my initial point before you wanted to discuss Moyes...)

I also don't think you understand that "being Everton manager with Everton squad is a whole hell of a lot different then Manchester United and Manchester United squad" if you think Moyes will do the same job as Fergie... lol

You're merely hoping for it to be true.
and you're merely hoping for the opposite....nothing to suggest we would decline under Moyes other then this hypothetical theories of SAF and referee's making this team 20 pts better then it is.

Pellegrini comes to 2nd place City in a new league coming from a average Malaga team last year "oh man imagine what he can do with the resources at city, Champagne football :bow: Proud :wank: :wank: :wank: !"

Moyes comes to Champions United from same league from average Everton team last year "oh man screw United's resources, Moye's knowledge and experience in the league, he is shit cause he isn't south american/spanish/italian/portuguese....United are gonna be relegated!"
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 am

S wrote:This is Moyes first big break..Unless he's managed a big club before you cant possibly determine how he will fare at United judging by his time at Everton.Two entities with completely different ambitions and resources.
Proud holy crap Surag we agree, I think I see jesus!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Man Utd:

De Gea
Rafeal Vidic Ferdinand Evra
Zaha Cleverly/Fellaini Carrick Welbeck
Rooney
Van Persie

Man City:

Hart
Zabaleta Nastastic Kompany Clichy
Navas Fernandinho Yaya Silva
Aguero Dzeko

Chelsea:

Cech
Azpi Luiz Terry Cole
Ramires Lampard
De Bruyne Mata Hazard
Eto'o

Tottenham:

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Capoue
Paulinho Dembele
Lamela Soldado Chadli

Arsenal:

Cesar
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Wilshere
Walcott Oezil Cazorla
Giroud

Obviously some of the teams could be different in some cases and some of these transfers might not take place but if they did i personally believe you have 5 teams which are very close on a talent level and would be a very interesting title race.
Hmm.Not quite.I dont think so.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Yep i agree i still have Man Yoo, Man City and Chelsea above Arsenal and Spurs.

Arsenal could have got there with a WC striker.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:21 pm

We're still one or two players away from really competing but I think we'll make the competition sweat a bit more now. If we can stay top 3 without giving up a significant lead in points to anyone by January, we could bring in a defender and a striker then, I think players that can put us over the top should be available then.

Well see how it goes

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Saw a decent idea in the Liverpool section.

Liverpool have a lot of quality CB's, not really any exceptional wingers, an AM and 2 CF's. So a 5-3-2/3-4-1-2 could be possible.

Man Utd have 3 quality CB's, not really any exceptional wingers, an AM and 2 CF's.

----------------    Mignolet
------------Toure----Agger---Sakho
Johnson-------Lucas-----Gerrard------Enrique
----------------  -Coutinho
--------------Sturridge----Suarez

--------------------De Gea
----------Ferdinand---Vidic---Evans
---Rafael-------Fellaini----Carrick-----Evra
--------------------Kagawa
----------------RvP--------Rooney

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:33 am

MT spreading my ideas around Proud

In all seriousness, tough, I really hope we go with that formation because we definitely have the personnel to do it. but Rodgers will have his own ideas and I'm fully backing his understanding over mine.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:46 am

Meh,League is between two teams for me,City and Chelsea.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 pm

chelsea are weaker at cf than we are in cm. relying on torres and 32 year old etoo will get them nowhere.
citys problem is midfield. fernandinho is a middle of the road player who forces toure to play deeper and hinder his superman runs. navas  isnt all that while silva has faded really badly, never mind harte throwing them in. city have been shocking v cardiff and hull.
whu do people just give city their improvement without proving anything while utd will drop all these points because why?
were actually stronger than last year.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Too much hoofing. Looking at Chelsea, utd, and city's midfields is enough to make a purist cry. Great attacking players though.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next