Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

+47
Lex
RealGunner
LeBéninois
Ion Creanga
urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
Lord Spencer
lszanto
TenMenWonTheLeague
Grooverider
Abramovich
donttreadonred
mr-r34
Motogp69
aleumdance
futbol
DuringTheWar
cyberman
McAgger
VendettaRed07
1991
B-Mac
BarrileteCosmico
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
Adit
Blue Barrett
Highburied
Red Alert
ExtremistEnigma
Firenze
The_Badger
DeletedUser#1
Suarez99
S
Le Samourai
CBarca
vivabarca38
Tomwin Lannister
EL Patron
AltoZ
The Franchise
jibers
Gil
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
51 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:37 am

^ no.
I am Israeli

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5155
Join date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by AltoZ Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 am

You should still support english teams for the cofficient, so PL still can have 4 teams in CL.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 555
Join date : 2013-03-15

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by The_Badger Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 am

Why are Spurs and Arsenal being mentioned? They're be squabbling for 4th place as usual.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 am

AltoZ wrote:You should still support english teams for the cofficient, so PL still can have 4 teams in CL.
Unless English clubs somehow get 8 CL spots, that won't be any use to him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33589
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:31 am

Arsenal and Spuds? pls..
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:39 am

Both Spurs and Arsenal won't challenge.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:41 am

S wrote:
Suarez99 wrote:And the EPL sides will do a repeat of the 2008 CL, I can feel it in my blood Twisted Evil
Please.

Madrid and Bayern were very poor teams back then.So were Barca who were on a decline before Pep took over.

Throw PSG and Dortmund into the mix now.Non-EPL teams have a better chance at the CL than the EPL ones.No doubt about that.
Please.

The BPL had the best teams in the 2008-09 season, it's not even up for debate.

Chelsea, Liverpool and United were feared from every team in Europe.

It's different now, but let's not just say the English teams were only good because Madrid, Barca, Dortmund etc were poor. The English teams made them look poor.

EDIT: In b4 that's not what I meant. I know what you mean. I do agree English teams aren't at the standard now, but how you wrote your post, it sounds like you're attacking the English teams in 08.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by The_Badger Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:49 am

No, those teams really were poor. That is a fact.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:51 am

The_Badger wrote:Why are Spurs and Arsenal being mentioned? They're be squabbling for 4th place as usual.
With those teams? i disagree lol.

As i said its a hypothetical thread if these transfers happen would it make the title race the most exciting in years?

I believe it would.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68959
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:56 am

The_Badger wrote:No, those teams really were poor. That is a fact.
No. They were made to look poor because they simply weren't good enough in comparison to the other teams.

I'm sick of all this "let's take credit away because it's the premier league" attitude on this forum.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:57 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The_Badger wrote:Why are Spurs and Arsenal being mentioned? They're be squabbling for 4th place as usual.
With those teams? i disagree lol.

As i said its a hypothetical thread if these transfers happen would it make the title race the most exciting in years?

I believe it would.
Arsenal have no depth.

It'll take 6 months before Spurs teams settle and gel together, and even if they do settle it, they have the worst mentality in the league so they'll end up bottling it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:58 am

I don't see Arsenal as title contenders even if they sign Maria & Benz

Spurs, hard to say, they have a great team and depth, depends how fast they click, I think they'll finish 3/4 and push for it next season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 33589
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Highburied Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:02 pm

If...we get Benzema and Di Maria. No problem for Top Four.

Add a quality GK and a Central Defender, then we have a good depth to compete for the title.

Liverpool without Suarez have no chance for a CL spot.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2630
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:11 pm

S wrote:
Suarez99 wrote:And the EPL sides will do a repeat of the 2008 CL, I can feel it in my blood Twisted Evil
Please.

Madrid and Bayern were very poor teams back then.So were Barca who were on a decline before Pep took over.

Throw PSG and Dortmund into the mix now.Non-EPL teams have a better chance at the CL than the EPL ones.No doubt about that.
You're going to point out that xyz teams were poor when English teams dominated the CL...


...and then totally act like English teams haven't been poor in recent years.


Dat objectivity Proud
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 pm

something-red wrote:
The_Badger wrote:No, those teams really were poor. That is a fact.
No. They were made to look poor because they simply weren't good enough in comparison to the other teams.

I'm sick of all this "let's take credit away because it's the premier league" attitude on this forum.
I think some people just love to attack the PL to feel like contrarians or just because their own league doesn't get nearly as much love from fans worldwide. Or just to feel cool.

(Not necessarily referring to you, Badger.)
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by The_Badger Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:18 pm

something-red wrote:
The_Badger wrote:No, those teams really were poor. That is a fact.
No. They were made to look poor because they simply weren't good enough in comparison to the other teams.

I'm sick of all this "let's take credit away because it's the premier league" attitude on this forum.
No, they were poor because they were poor. They were poor due to poor management, poor structure and poor attitudes.

POOR!

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by The_Badger Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Only Man Utd were an exceptional team then. Fergie had created probably the strongest squad in his career.


The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Gil Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Look at this moron infesting this thread with his tears. Talk about obsession.

Anyway this is really setting itself up to be a special season. GOAT League. :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:24 pm

The length people will go to discredit English teams Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by The_Badger Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:The length people will go to discredit English teams Laughing
There's no discrediting. I'm English and follow English football. It's a qualified opinion based on observations rather than that of a foreigner reading Goal.com match reports.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:38 pm

The_Badger wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:The length people will go to discredit English teams Laughing
There's no discrediting. I'm English and follow English football. It's a qualified opinion based on observations rather than that of a foreigner reading Goal.com match reports.
Yeah you also made sure to point out that Liverpool & Chelsea weren't that good. That was probably the strongest Liverpool team of the last decade and one of Chelsea's strongest teams too(finalists ffs).

But apparently only United were good.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by The_Badger Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 pm

No, I made the point that other top teams in Europe were poor.

Please read what has actually been posted in future, or I will simply continue to treat your comments with the disdain and contempt they deserve.

Thanks.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1728
Join date : 2013-04-24

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by S Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Who's denying English teams werent the best 5 years ago ? Nobody.

But its also a fact that the two Spanish heavyweights were poor teams with Barca especially coming to an end of a cycle.Bayern were hardly feared at the time.They had a lot of holes in their team.

Basically the competition was reduced to between the Spanish and English teams back then but now there's a lot more competition now , a lot of quality teams from other leagues.Expecting EPL to dominate the CL again is premboy delusion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28457
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 pm

S wrote:Who's denying English teams werent the best 5 years ago ? Nobody.

But its also a fact that the two Spanish heavyweights were poor teams with Barca especially coming to an end of a cycle.Bayern were hardly feared at the time.They had a lot of holes in their team.

Basically the competition was reduced to between the Spanish and English teams back then but now there's a lot more competition now , a lot of quality teams from other leagues.Expecting EPL to dominate the CL again is premboy delusion.
Who said they are going to dominate again? no one the mad is strong.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68959
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by S Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:Who's denying English teams werent the best 5 years ago ? Nobody.

But its also a fact that the two Spanish heavyweights were poor teams with Barca especially coming to an end of a cycle.Bayern were hardly feared at the time.They had a lot of holes in their team.

Basically the competition was reduced to between the Spanish and English teams back then but now there's a lot more competition now , a lot of quality teams from other leagues.Expecting EPL to dominate the CL again is premboy delusion.
Who said they are going to dominate again? no one the mad is strong.

And the EPL sides will do a repeat of the 2008 CL, I can feel it in my blood:twisted:
Implies Domination.Which was what my initial response was all about.There are many stronger teams in Europe now.The competition is huge.There's no way i see a repeat of 2008.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28457
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:05 pm

He's not serious lol.

Anyway back on topic pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68959
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could we be potentially seeing the most competitive PL title race since 2003?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum