RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Chumlum
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:08 pm

khadira rumors is just a joke.rofl

For sure Napoli will outbid us and plus that Spanish Waiter will speak with Madrid to get him.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Kogallo Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:09 pm

JGUNZ wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:our negotiating team needs replacing , Thank god Arsenal finished 4th. Could you imagine the players we would have signed if we hadn't! rofl rofl rofl 
can nobody be that incompetent...  the team flat out refuses to spend big
Not even spending big. Just spending at all
Kogallo
Kogallo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Khedira is a smokescreen to justify that we let Gustavo slip through.

Just as the whole Suarez BS was out there for justifying why we didn't flat out on Higuain when he was available.

FFS. Villa went for 5m. Gomez for 12m. Jovetic for 22m. In a squad with JUST ONE STRIKER, any of them would have provided quality and depth.

Get you shiz together Arsenal. This is beyond ridiculous.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Not finishing top 4 last season wouldn't have made a difference. Spurs finished 5th and managed to make some very good signings.

It just comes down to the money and if we are willing to spend it. The window isn't closed for a while so there is still time

And remember how many signings we were angry about not making, and how many of them looking back now we regret not making. I'd say very few.

The worst things that have happened were not "who we didn't sign" but players we had we lost. And we haven't lost anyone this window. I think keeping Walcott and him having a breakout year changed the team mentality

I don't think the team needs as much as we think, but I'm still confident well add what pieces we do need before all is said and done this window.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:23 pm

apprently the reason we are not signing gustvavo is because we are not willing to pay what bayern want which is 20million euro's.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/590672/artikel_luiz-gustavo_wechsel-nach-wolfsburg-zeichnet-sich-ab.html

yeah wenger is out of his depth here, he still thinks its 2003. i'm telling you wenger doesn't know how to sign big name players, he has no idea.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Wenger - Window should shut start of season.

I know he said this long time ago(2009) but still, I dont think he has changed.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/10-15-transfer-window
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:27 pm

I like your optimism Vendetta. I wish I could share it.

I do not have a problem with the quality of the team right now. I do have a problem with the quantity.

We have been treated to repeated doses of "We were one player short". If we managed to keep the squad together, we should have added up as well - atleast to replace the numbers who we removed.

Arshavin, Chamakh, Djourou and Gervinho - more specifically.

We have known we need a striker. We know we need a deep midfielder. These guys weren't contributing much, agreed. But atleast we had the numbers! Getting rid of them freed up the wages. But whats the point of that if you don't have a starting XI to put into the pitch in case of a few knocks and suspensions?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm

REWB wrote:apprently the reason we are not signing gustvavo is because we are not willing to pay what bayern want which is 20million euro's.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/590672/artikel_luiz-gustavo_wechsel-nach-wolfsburg-zeichnet-sich-ab.html

yeah wenger is out of his depth here, he still thinks its 2003. i'm telling you wenger doesn't know how to sign big name players, he has no idea.  
He knows how to sign big name players, it just its his way or the highway. His offers make teams not to deal with us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Not finishing top 4 last season wouldn't have made a difference. Spurs finished 5th and managed to make some very good signings.

It just comes down to the money and if we are willing to spend it. The window isn't closed for a while so there is still time

And remember how many signings we were angry about not making, and how many of them looking back now we regret not making. I'd say very few.

The worst things that have happened were not "who we didn't sign" but players we had we lost. And we haven't lost anyone this window. I think keeping Walcott and him having a breakout year changed the team mentality

I don't think the team needs as much as we think, but I'm still confident well add what pieces we do need before all is said and done this window.
a cynic might say we've sold most of the players we had that big clubs would be interested in already. I mean we aren't going to sell cazorla 1 year after buying him, wilshere is too young for that stuff, koscielney has already made comments about leaving if we aren't successful.

didn't you say Tottenham would finish in the top 4 instead of us in another thread? Now we don't need much?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:34 pm

srigooner wrote:I like your optimism Vendetta. I wish I could share it.

I do not have a problem with the quality of the team right now. I do have a problem with the quantity.

We have been treated to repeated doses of "We were one player short". If we managed to keep the squad together, we should have added up as well - atleast to replace the numbers who we removed.

Arshavin, Chamakh, Djourou and Gervinho - more specifically.

We have known we need a striker. We know we need a deep midfielder. These guys weren't contributing much, agreed. But atleast we had the numbers! Getting rid of them freed up the wages. But whats the point of that if you don't have a starting XI to put into the pitch in case of a few knocks and suspensions?
Well said. I remember the game VS Reading where Chamakh came in and scored 2 important goals. Probably the most exciting game I have watched in a long time. We have few young players who we can promote to first team, but they all lack experience and more work will be left on our first team players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:35 pm

if wenger was to be in charge of a country it would turn into north korea. wenger loves being the supreme dictator.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JGUNZ Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

unfortunately, the only way we will see real changes is if arsenal finishes like 7th in the league, then i think we will clean house..... i think that wenger get off just thinking how big his war chest is

JGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks sri, I know right now it looks not so great, we did let a lot of players go, who we would need if we don't replace them, but I think we will. I mean we simply can't let go of near 30 players and only bring in one. Right now it might seem wenger may be a little careless but he isn't stupid. It won't be hard to replace all of those guys and make the team better.

Depth has been our biggest problem. Our starting 11 can compete with anyone but the problem is when not every one starts we can loose to league 2 sides. So I think when the first few signings come it'll be players that may not easily fit into a starting 11, but building on the bench I think will make a bigger difference than most realize.

Also comes the issues of our younger players, which we have a lot of. Most completely write them out of the equation when considering new signings. RVP, fabergas, etc were at one point in their arsenal career, in the same position as players like Wilshere, Ramsey and oxlade are in now. Wenger will let them have the spotlight this season. Most may not be happy with that but I think the time has come where they are all ready to be massive contributors to the first team. For example gervinho could be replaced just by giving ox more minutes and starts etc.

And also we have to remember just how many players there are in the world. And all of them have a striker , most of them have a tough physical midfield type player, and so on. Now figuring out which are good enough to play for us is the hard part but there is still a lot of time left in the window and a vast amount of quality players who can make the team better.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Wollsburg have apparently denied they've signed Gustavo to Sky Germany.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:Not finishing top 4 last season wouldn't have made a difference. Spurs finished 5th and managed to make some very good signings.

a cynic might say we've sold most of the players we had that big clubs would be interested in already. I mean we aren't going to sell cazorla 1 year after buying him, wilshere is too young for that stuff, koscielney has already made comments about leaving if we aren't successful.

didn't you say Tottenham would finish in the top 4 instead of us in another thread? Now we don't need much?
They would be the favorites to finish ahead of us, but we play the games for a reason. Tottenham have better odds as of now, but most are saying we need 2-3 wc signings or else we are finishing 6th. Which is silly. We don't need as much improvement as advertised, is more appropriate

And I said that only if we do absolutely nothing. And sanago is our only signing. Which I highly highly doubt will be the case.

There is still time. But what I think well end up with one big signing, and a few smaller ones. Which will be more than enough to put us over the top.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:our negotiating team needs replacing , Thank god Arsenal finished 4th. Could you imagine the players we would have signed if we hadn't! rofl rofl rofl 
no reason for him to chose Wolfsberg over Arsenal.. same for Higuain to chose Napoli over Arsenal.. these are players joining clubs smaller than Arsenal.. the reason is not trophies or success.. the reason was we were never interested in them...
why are we not interested in such players..? so many good players have joined smaller clubs without any competition.. and we neither have marquee players nor backups..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:08 pm

i totally agree.. it is the truth..
Sahin, Ba, Diame, Samba, Scaot Dann, etc...
but somehow i am not able to convince myself at this point of time..
we are missing too many good players to smaller clubs.. :facepalm:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
no reason for him to chose Wolfsberg over Arsenal.. same for Higuain to chose Napoli over Arsenal.. these are players joining clubs smaller than Arsenal.. the reason is not trophies or success.. the reason was we were never interested in them...
why are we not interested in such players..? so many good players have joined smaller clubs without any competition.. and we neither have marquee players nor backups..
There is no excuse really for a club as big as us not to have signed anyone decent after clearing out around 25 players. imagine if Malaga did not have financial crises? no Cazrola or Monreal. Wenegr has to stop being cheap and bring in some top players. This is the best year to win the EPL, and have done nothing about it.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Our team is not that bad. You lots make it seem like we are around Evertons level and that we should count our blessings to be around the top 6 come winter time.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Our team is not that bad. You  lots make it seem like we are  around Evertons level and that we should count our blessings  to be around  the top 6  come winter time.
the thing was that this season looked like the best chance of a title challenge in the last 8 years.. we could have done that by spending the money on a few quality players, which they claim we have week in and out..
not underestimating our squad, but terribly disappointed that we have wasted such an opertunity to get right back on the top of the table by wasting 3 months doing nothing...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Our team is not that bad. You  lots make it seem like we are  around Evertons level and that we should count our blessings  to be around  the top 6  come winter time.
With just a few key injuries at the same time, this could be the case! I think that's what makes people worry. Most of us agree that there is a really solid base here. It just needs a few superb additions to challenge for trophies, and failing that (*sigh*), at least some squad back-up to avoid catastrophe.

The club should always plan for worst, injury-wise, and remember that one month or so when all four of our fullbacks were out injured.

VendettaRed07 wrote:And remember how many signings we were angry about not making, and how many of them looking back now we regret not making. I'd say very few.
This is true, and it's something that we should remind ourselves of whenever a flavor-of-the-month signing prospect comes along and we don't know why Wenger won't spend the money.

That said, the club really should have spent some money by now!
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:15 pm

I'd be willing to bet Wenger sees the team the same way, and that's the problem. Do you think this is a title winning side?
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Some of us don't think scraping 4th place is actually good.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:50 pm

Lets buy lambert
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Actually scratch that, Niall McGinn, get in there Arsene. Northern Irish Henry :coffee: 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:08 pm

According to 'Kicker' nothing has been signed yet re: Gustavo. But it's close. Arsenal refusing to pay £17m for him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next