Onyx
rwo power
Rebaño Sagrado
79 posters

Page 21 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.IX - Page 21 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.IX

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:55 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Well, it seems that Ljajic and Honda will roatate on the CAM position in that 4-3-1-2 and SES will be with Balo in front.

Yup, I think so.

Ideally it would be: Honda, Monto, Poli: Ljajic: SES, Balo , but i highly doubt its going to happen.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:58 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Disappointed if Saponara will be ostracized from this, i have high hopes for him

Might be 2nd choice TQ after Honda, assuming Allegri views Ljajic as a SS.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:59 am

Niang might go on loan to Genoa btw, good so he can get some gametime
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:00 am

btw Boa and Robinho need to gtfo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:00 am

Why 'ideally', Casciavit? What are you going to do with De Jong? If he avoids injuries he is one of the best midfielders of his type in the world. Or maybe you think of him only as a solution to secure important games when you are leading.

Possibly a luxury substitute, like he was usually used by Mancini at City to close a match.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:07 am

why arent Milan looking at fixing up that disgustingly scrubby back line? Look more than sorted in the midfield department
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:08 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Why 'ideally', Casciavit? What are you going to do with De Jong? If he avoids injuries he is one of the best midfielders of his type in the world. Or maybe you think of him only as a solution to secure important games when you are leading.

Possibly a luxury substitute, like he was usually used by Mancini at City to close a match.

Well here is the thing Vlad, I am a fan not a manager and I'm one of those fans that love watching entertaining football so I would rather have our more creative players on the pitch instead of players that would create balance for the side.

De Jong will start, unless he gets injuries.

But he may be a sub, considering Berlu said Monto will play as a Regista.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:09 am

Firenze wrote:why arent Milan looking at fixing up that disgustingly scrubby back line? Look more than sorted in the midfield department

Think we will get a good CB after CL qualifications round. (if we qualify)
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:12 am

Milan is missing Silva now more than ever smoking .
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:14 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Milan is missing Silva now more than ever smoking.

Yup, but the selling of Silva and Ibra opened our managements eyes tbh, we are giving youth more chance we are buying some good young players, and we aren't buying a star player in his late 20's anymore. And we have a balanced sheet.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:16 am

We should've pounced on Dede when we had the chance tbh Sad

12 m would've been a steal Mad now the market for CB's is gonna be 20m+ with the likes of Mangala, DL and maybe even Sakho

Even before Dede, i would've been satisfied with the Chiriches deal Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:21 am

Give youth more chance, buy good young players but where is the top class central back you need? I believe that Milan's staff forgot to turn their attention to the right spot.

Let's say not top class, but you need to buy at least a young promising central back.

Chiriches is better than most central-back overrated by the media those days. Someday, you'll see.

Abate as a RB and De Sciglio as a LB should be more than enough to compete for Serie A, unless they get injured.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:21 am

Clint Dempsey to the Seattle Sounders, for an estimated fee of 9 million.

Spoiler:

What a stupid move, was such an important part of the team last year, and would fit into most of the teams in the lower mid-table of the EPL.

I guess considering the complete outrage about the move on Twitter I guess the MLS finally has an idea how American soccer fans "truly" feel about MLS.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:26 am

This is a compilation with Chiriches' touches from latest game of Steaua against Dinamo Tbilisi.

Watch the entire video!

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:27 am

SES' position in the team isnt exactly guaranteed either.I have noticed he plays better when Balotelli is not playing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:27 am

9mil?

Levy Proud

Respect to Dempsey, didnt really work out that well at Spurs but his time at Fulham will be remembered. Thumbs up

Moto, you can upgrade on him easily. Do think he could have offered something to other teams in the Prem though.

People are mad he's going back to MLS? hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:33 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:This is a compilation with Chiriches' touches from latest game of Steaua against Dinamo Tbilisi.

Watch the entire video!

What's going on with him? His move to Spurs fell apart? Last I read ( a few days ago) his agent was saying he still thought the move would go ahead..

Honestly I know nothing about him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:37 am

It's 100% that he won't leave Steaua until winter. Steaua's boss, George Becali was pissed off by the idea that he has to give Tottenham an answer in just one day and he went crazy mode (he is insane and he is in jail Laughing) so he rejected their offer and now Vlad isn't for sale Sad.

I hope he won't regress. If Becali would have said yes, now Chiriches would have been in London. Imagine how the player feels.

Have you seen that tackle from 3:37? At 1:45 and 5:03 are another two nice moments Very Happy.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:46 am

Firenze wrote:9mil?

Levy Proud

Respect to Dempsey, didnt really work out that well at Spurs but his time at Fulham will be remembered. Thumbs up

Moto, you can upgrade on him easily. Do think he could have offered something to other teams in the Prem though.

I'm not really happy about the move as an American or as a Spurs fan. We have an utter lack of big game players in our squad, and despite basically acting as our attacking utility player, Dempsey always showed up for us in big games. Bale got injured, Dempsey picked up the slack and helped us with goals, assists, or off the ball movement opening up things for everyone else.

Overall, Dempsey didn't have a great season, but I thought he had a good enough season given that many of our issues had nothing to do with what he brought to the team.

As an American, this makes no sense at all and reeks of a player going after a big pay day. I was really hoping he would end up at Everton, West Brom, or Schalke. I guess it sucks because I always thought Dempsey had that Stuart Holden like drive to do whatever it took to rise above expectations, but this just seems like settling to me.

So if Bale goes we're going to lose our two best offensive players and gain theoretically better players, but not going to have enough of a pre-season to know how they are effectively going to work together as a unit.

I hope to god we finish our business soon, because if Levy waits till the 11th hour he's going to put our team behind the 8 ball like he did last season.

Yeah people are mad, that's kind of the funny part, for the most part we're all on board about how much better MLS is getting as a league. However, once this was announced Twitter went on full outrage mode about how bad MLS is and how this move makes no sense. Unless you are a Sounders fan, in which case you are probably on cloud nine right now.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:56 am

Wigan interested in EL GOAT Libor Kozak-SKY
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:05 am

Motogp69 wrote:

I'm not really happy about the move as an American or as a Spurs fan. We have an utter lack of big game players in our squad, and despite basically acting as our attacking utility player, Dempsey always showed up for us in big games. Bale got injured, Dempsey picked up the slack and helped us with goals, assists, or off the ball movement opening up things for everyone else.

Overall, Dempsey didn't have a great season, but I thought he had a good enough season given that many of our issues had nothing to do with what he brought to the team.

As an American, this makes no sense at all and reeks of a player going after a big pay day. I was really hoping he would end up at Everton, West Brom, or Schalke. I guess it sucks because I always thought Dempsey had that Stuart Holden like drive to do whatever it took to rise above expectations, but this just seems like settling to me.

So if Bale goes we're going to lose our two best offensive players and gain theoretically better players, but not going to have enough of a pre-season to know how they are effectively going to work together as a unit.

I hope to god we finish our business soon, because if Levy waits till the 11th hour he's going to put our team behind the 8 ball like he did last season.

Yeah people are mad, that's kind of the funny part, for the most part we're all on board about how much better MLS is getting as a league. However, once this was announced Twitter went on full outrage mode about how bad MLS is and how this move makes no sense. Unless you are a Sounders fan, in which case you are probably on cloud nine right now.

Makes sense for Dempsey.

4 year $32 million contract as opposed to sitting on the bench for Spurs. You think he wasn't pushing for that move?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 am

I agree completely it makes sense for Dempsey, that is a huge payday. Seattle just allocated more money for Dempsey than it took for them to start their team.

However, I was still hoping he'd end up at another EPL side, and I thought Everton was the perfect fit for his particular skill set. Oh well, it's a coup for the MLS between this and holding onto Besler and Zusi.

Also looks like Stoke is in advanced talks to sign Juan Agudelo from the New England Revolution. As well, they are interested in signing Omar Gonzalez from the Los Angeles Galaxy.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:59 am

On previous page discussion,I'm pretty sure Honda consistently played CM in a 4-4-2 for CSKA over the past few seasons.Occasionally LW or AM/SS...Don't know about last season as we don't have Russian league on TV here anymore.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:39 am

Casciavit wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As for Milan i think you will see a set up like this....

Montolivo
Poli Honda
Ljajic
Balo SES

We won't play like that.

1- Honda is NOT a CM. He's a CAM or SS, there is a reason why Zacheroni plays him over Kagawa in the middle. Honda doesn't offer that much defensive work, he's a TQ. Not a CM.

2- Not enough defensive cover in that formation even though it looks sexy Proud.

3- Milan will be playing a 4-3-1-2 next season, for anyone wondering.

4- One of Ljajic or Honda will play CAM if both are signed, I assume Honda will be the CAM and Ljajic will be a back up to SES. His best performances have come as a SS/LW not a CAM.

Ideally that looks great, but I highly doubt it will happen.

I think this is how we will line up:

Montolivo De Jong Poli
Honda
Balo SES/Ljajic

This.

Ljajic and El Shaarawy would tread on each other's toes when fielded together, it is my belief that we shall only see something similar to what Mole and others have posted when struggling to make a break through in the second half, in a similar vein to Allegri's use of both Pazzini and Balotelli simultaneously. It is a strategy that will rarely be employed from the start but which may be called upon if successful in the last fifteen minutes when we're desperate for three points.

I personally would have preferred to chase a true trequartista for the interim period before Honda's arrival, with Honda providing competition and depth across the entire midfield, however I'm used to Galliani chasing goal threats ahead of genuine playmakers so I'm used to it by now.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:45 am

Vibe wrote:On previous page discussion,I'm pretty sure Honda consistently played CM in a 4-4-2 for CSKA over the past few seasons.Occasionally LW or AM/SS...Don't know about last season as we don't have Russian league on TV here anymore.

In 2010 he played as a CM/CAM in a 4-1-3-2

In 2011 he either played as a CM in a 4-3-3 or he played as a CAM in a 4-2-3-1

In 2012 he played as a CAM behind the striker.

In 2013 so far, he's played as a CAM behind the striker.

With Japan he plays as a CAM behind the striker.

He does have a few appearances where he played as a RW or LW.

Basically the last time he played as a CM in a 4-4-2/4-1-3-2 was back in 2010. When he had joined CSKA his debut season.

Going with the past 2-3 years he's been deployed as a CAM behind the striker with a few appearances as a RW or LW, in a 4-2-3-1.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:57 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Newell's Old Boys defender Santiago Vergini, who was linked to Barca, apparently joins Estudiantes.

:facepalm: I really like this bloke and has everything we need and is better than no one. Looking like we will be getting no one this summer. Personally don't think either Agger or Luiz will be joining us...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next