Is there a clear favorite in the CL next season ?

+31
M99
juventus101
Collblanc
Red Alert
teamanarchy
Firenze
Khaled
Forza
guest7
VivaStPauli
Ion Creanga
Grooverider
Lupi
ioilersrock448
BarcaLearning
Vlad the Impaler
Kick
RED
Yuri Yukuv
Zealous
BORUSSIA!!
Blue Barrett
ARIARAIDEN
BarrileteCosmico
Pedram
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
sportsczy
RealGunner
S
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is there a clear favorite in the CL next season ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is there a clear favorite in the CL next season ?

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon 29 Jul 2013, 03:13

In my opinion, there shouldn't be favourites. There were always about 10 clubs with real chances to win the trophy.

That's why the competition remains spectacular even after decades since it was organised for the first time.

Mystery and unknown...those are the key words.

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is there a clear favorite in the CL next season ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is there a clear favorite in the CL next season ?

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 29 Jul 2013, 06:58

Past few season haves been Barca with Real second. Man U were always there. By the bookies anyway.

I think the odds are a good guide and Im sure its much more even now with Bayern the favourites.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 07:06

I think the favorites are Bayern, Dortmund and Real Madrid in that order. Outside of them Barca, Juventus, Man U, Chelsea, PSG and Manchester City have an outside chance at winning the CL.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon 29 Jul 2013, 07:08

BVB
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon 29 Jul 2013, 09:14

I would like to see The Old Lady lift the Cup this time around
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:37

Vlad the Impaler wrote:In my opinion, there shouldn't be favourites. There were always about 10 clubs with real chances to win the trophy.

That's why the competition remains spectacular even after decades since it was organised for the first time.

Mystery and unknown...those are the key words.
that avatar bro :bow: Nadia Comaneci bear..

I think that bayern has an advantage over any team at the moment, and i find it very hard for any team to stand a chance over two legs with those tanks, but in a final anything can happen.. Other than bayern i think any team from the strong leagues has a good chance and are unpredictable as fck... One of Sociedad, Napoli and Porto will be the surprise this year, like Malaga last year..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:22

Pep will ruin Bayern. Dortmund to take it.

Ok, not really. I honestly don't know. Had Bayern kept Jupp, it would've been them. Pep doesn't convince me so far, but he hasn't played a single proper competitive match yet. Ask me again around week 3 in Bundesliga.

So far Dortmund are the best team that kept its coach.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:37

I still don't understand why Barca is still so highly rated around here.

Out of the favourites they're clearly the most flawed team. Aging Xavi, non working tactics, unproven coach, bad defence etc.

I'm not even sure if they will reach semis. They are heavily dependant on Messi and he is showing signs of fatigue, this season might be the season where he will suffer a long term injury.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:39

No clear favourite, most open year for a long time IMO.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:49

Se7en wrote:I still don't understand why Barca is still so highly rated around here.

Out of the favourites they're clearly the most flawed team. Aging Xavi, non working tactics, unproven coach, bad defence etc.

I'm not even sure if they will reach semis. They are heavily dependant on Messi and he is showing signs of fatigue, this season might be the season where he will suffer a long term injury.

Laughing

They have Messi, Neymar and Iniesta... Any team that have such quality players will always be rated highly...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 29 Jul 2013, 13:09

Forza wrote:No clear favourite, most open year for a long time IMO.

Yep, exciting times.

I would not be shocked to see Juve win it this year though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Mon 29 Jul 2013, 13:16

Considering that our coach is a 2 time-winner and a three time finalist... Considering that our squad won't be demotivated by dressing room unrest... Considering that Bale looks to be arriving imminently...
Real Madrid is young and has a team with sh** loads of depth. Now consider how many of our players have played in at least 3 semi finals (for the most part consecutive semi finals). If ever there was a season to win la decima, it's this one...
Now, because I look like another blind Madrid fan, let me clarify...
I don't necessarily think we will win, because I find myself saying that way too often... But, we are favourites in my eyes.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 29 Jul 2013, 13:25

It's Bayern's to lose imo.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon 29 Jul 2013, 13:58

Se7en wrote:I still don't understand why Barca is still so highly rated around here.

How is Messi fatigue? Scored a hattrick for Argentina last week!?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 17:37

Bayern are clear favorites in my opinion. Beating them over two legs when they have a fully healthy squad is very very improbable, damnable near impossible for any team right now. Dortmund are a definite second, and then Juventus, Madrid, and Barca round out the Top 5, in my opinion in that order, but the last 3 could be put in practically any order and I wouldn't argue.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 17:42

BVB will win this imo.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Realmadridchris1 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 17:47

There are no clear favs in the cl...usually around feb-mar is when a team heats up and looks like they going to take it. But right now bayern is the best team in the world

Realmadridchris1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 29 Jul 2013, 17:49

Realmadridchris1 wrote:There are no clear favs in the cl...usually around feb-mar is when a team heats up and looks like they going to take it. But right now bayern is the best team in the world

Welcome mate
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Schweinaldo06 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 18:07

According to the bookies, here are the favorites:

Bayern: 4.5 to 1
Barca: 5 to 1
Real: 6.5 to 1
Chelsea: 12 to 1
Man City/Man Utd: 13 to 1
Juve/PSG: 17 to 1
Dortmund: 23 to 1

Schweinaldo06
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Realmadridchris1 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 18:09

Dortmund lol would beat both man city and man utd right now. Mou still hasn't figured them out after 4 tries....23 to 1 is a steal...maybe someone will get rich from that one

Realmadridchris1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 29 Jul 2013, 18:32

17 to 1

Definitely putting £10-20 on Juve
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon 29 Jul 2013, 18:34

Bayern and Dortmund slightly behind. Two best teams in Europe atm.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 30 Jul 2013, 03:08

Schweinaldo06 wrote:According to the bookies, here are the favorites:

Bayern: 4.5 to 1
Barca: 5 to 1
Real: 6.5 to 1
Chelsea: 12 to 1
Man City/Man Utd: 13 to 1
Juve/PSG: 17 to 1
Dortmund: 23 to 1

If I was a betting man I would put some money on Dortmund right now. That is a generous odd right there.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue 30 Jul 2013, 03:34

Barring some unlikely CL qualification failures, we're in pot 3 again rofl

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Tue 30 Jul 2013, 08:44

For me this is easy Very Happy 

I would say Bayern or Barca to win the cup.

Teams like Juve,Madrid and Dortmund do not have a snowballs chance in hell against these two.

Jeez, i might even put a £50 bet on Monaco to win it, now that they have Falcao & Co.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 30 Jul 2013, 09:24

You are aware they're not in the CL right?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum