What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

+27
Nivash
Crimson
halamadrid2
hrealmadrid
Khaled
The Sanchez
Le Samourai
Zealous
Ruud Gullit
Realmadridchris1
free_cat
Red Alert
Valkyrja
Grooverider
lszanto
Clandestino
ExtremistEnigma
Uncanny
Lupi
McAgger
LeVersacci
juventus101
jibers
Onyx
sportsczy
djfawnz
BarcaLearning
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? Empty What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:51 am

I just read that Ozil is saying he prefer to play in the central hole position, so I gathered is its 4-2-3-1 then its behind Benzema the striker, unless Ronaldo plays up front?

We all know that Di Maria got less chances towards the end of Mourinho's time but I still hes still class, probably just his final ball and decision making can improve, and with Callejon and Higuain sold, it seems he should be first choice on the right? With Cavarjol in behind. Just how good is Cavarjol?

Ancelotti used to like X'mas tree but I think hes changed now? Real will always try play with more possession. With Isco on the left perhaps and I wonder is Alonso and Khedira will start or it will be Illaramendi with one of them?

As usual Real will focus on attack, but with less options up front and more midfielders, maybe Ancelotti will change the formation as well to fit in more midfilders to play the more possession game. Will it be successful?

Thats just what I gathered, looking forward to your opinions!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? Empty Re: What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

Post by djfawnz Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:29 am

they are gonna buy Moscardelli the last day of the transfer window.....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? Empty Re: What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:55 am

Ozil said that he needs to adapt playing on the right since he's mostly played centrally, his preferred position. Also went on to say that he understands Carlo's plan and is fully behind it.

So there's no story there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:24 pm

I thought Ozil more or less played a flexible role and so often drifted to the wings to overload one side though under Mou. His best position is this? Floating around or just being a no.10 in the middle maybe?

I think hes been one of the best players in the past couple of years and will be interesting to see how he performs with the new team and tactics.

It seems nobody has clear idea yet, maybe need to wait longer? Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:28 pm

Ozil said he prefers to play in the hole, the right wing isn't his favourite position.

Anyway with a 4-2-3-1/4-2-2-2 both he and Isco can roam around and it should be fine.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:42 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I thought Ozil more or less played a flexible role and so often drifted to the wings to overload one side though under Mou. His best position is this? Floating around or just being a no.10 in the middle maybe?

I think hes been one of the best players in the past couple of years and will be interesting to see how he performs with the new team and tactics.

It seems nobody has clear idea yet, maybe need to wait longer? Smile

Yea, wait longer like...I dont know...Madrid's first match... :facepalm:

Do you just wait to read stuff on the internet and or can you not go and watch the friendlies yourself
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:06 pm

A 4-2-2-2 looks good on paper. Both Isco and Ozil are better central players but like to drift around on the wings too so a 4-2-2-2 would be perfect for them. Something like this:

--Casillas--
--Carvajal-- --Ramos-- --Varane-- --Marcelo--
--Khedira-- --Alonso--
--Ozil---- ----Isco--
--Benzema-- --Ronaldo--
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Alonso's injured until like November and will probably leave next year. Plus he's not all that good nowadays.

Alonso-Khedira midfield isn't the best either. Ancelotti's a fan of Modric.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Too early to tell. Only 2 pre season games have been played..

But I think the formatin will be 4-3-3 or 4-2-2-2
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Arbeloa will be a starter. All these Carvajal fanboys will be surprised. Not that I think Arbeloa is good or anything. But he's a tough defender with a mentally strong character who almost every coach in the world loves to have in their team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 pm

arbeloa is not starting.  No chance.  He was horrific last year and Carvajal was bought back with the understanding that he gets the first shot at starting... already looks better than Arbeloa ever did last year and it's only preseason.

I mean, Essien beat Arbeloa out as RB last year Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Completely forget what Mou did with the team. New managers always reassess every player. Nothing is set on stone, I just think Arbeloa will the starting RB once we get 3 months into the season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 pm

4-3-2-1
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:18 am

Looking at some of the suggestions, thinking about it, Real have 1 less out and out striker now and they just have Benzema there now, Morata and Ronaldo obviously can play there but thats it, I wonder if that may prove to be a problem, what I mean is Barca moving to strikerless formation and rely too much on Messi to score. Real may run into that, will need to have Ronaldo and all the other attackers to score more next season, kwnoing that Benzema isnt as clinical as Higuain.

In reply to jibers who I really know does nothing but giving us Barca fans lots of love Very Happy No I dont get to watch friendlies. Thats why I need to find out more here and reading. But u really should stick to ur Man U supporting more instead of bugging us all the time and being jealous Very Happy

Real always play some very attractive and entertaining football, Im sure they will do that again with the huge amount of creative players they have now:

Modric, Alonso, Isco, Di Maria, Illra, Ronaldo, Benzema, Ozil, Marcelo, Kaka, Morata.

But I get the feeling, the defense could be weakened after Mou left and the team can be get at, looking at it now.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:21 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Looking at some of the suggestions, thinking about it, Real have 1 less out and out striker now and they just have Benzema there now, Morata and Ronaldo obviously can play there but thats it, I wonder if that may prove to be a problem, what I mean is Barca moving to strikerless formation and rely too much on Messi to score. Real may run into that, will need to have Ronaldo and all the other attackers to score more next season, kwnoing that Benzema isnt as clinical as Higuain.

In reply to jibers who I really know does nothing but giving us Barca fans lots of love :DNo I dont get to watch friendlies. Thats why I need to find out more here and reading. But u really should stick to ur Man U supporting more instead of bugging us all the time and being jealous Very Happy

Real always play some very attractive and entertaining football, Im sure they will do that again with the huge amount of creative players they have now:

Modric, Alonso, Isco, Di Maria, Illra, Ronaldo, Benzema, Ozil, Marcelo, Kaka, Morata.

But I get the feeling, the defense could be weakened after Mou left and the team can be get at, looking at it now.

What are you talking about benzene not being as clinical as higuian. To be they are more or less the same, I think benzema is more versatile with more pace. Though I love higuian, I think Benzema is a better option, and both pretty much are toe to toe, even tho higuian played second fiddle.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:38 am

Casillas
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
Modric - Khedira - Illaramendi
Isco/Ozil - Ronaldo
Benzema
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 am

I think someone said here b4 Benzema is more of a creator and a finisher. Certainly that was true during a lot of the Mou time. I think Higuain is more clinical in terms of finishing. Benzema is more well rounded but im not sure as deadly as a goal scorer.

I think its hard to not see Isco, Ozil and Ronaldo start. So unless Ronaldo plays up front, the X'mas tree cant seem to fit all the attacking stars in the lineup.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:51 am

The defense wasn't the best under Mourinho, hopefully it improves under Ancelotti. Carvajal's an upgrade to Arbeloa. Not sure about Marcelo though. He's still suspect defensively.

However it's about defending as a team as well, which is what I hope Ancelotti improves. Hopefully we're one of those sides that rarely concede a shot on goal.

In terms of attack, I think a backup striker will be needed. Someone who's willing to backup Benzema. I don't think Morata's good enough.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:24 am

Uncanny wrote:
What are you talking about benzene not being as clinical as higuian. To be they are more or less the same, I think benzema is more versatile with more pace. Though I love higuian, I think Benzema is a better option, and both pretty much are toe to toe, even tho higuian played second fiddle.

Wait, did you say Benzema has pace? More pace, at that? Benzema? More? Pace?

Those three words can't be used in the same sentence, unless it's an extremely negative sentence. That guy is a slow, lazy fat ass. And for the final time, this second fiddle crap has to stop. They were rotated almost equally, nobody knew who was going to start a particular match. For example, Benz started home vs. United, Higgy away. Higgy home and away vs. Borussia, Bens home vs. Barca, Higgy away, Benz Copa final and so on.

As for our current squad, it's very unbalanced so far. I can't imagine we have finished our transfers. And if we indeed get Bale (hopefully not), I imagine he'll take Benzema's position as we can't have so many defensively inept players in the first team.

Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:30 am

Clandestino wrote:
Uncanny wrote:
What are you talking about benzene not being as clinical as higuian.  To be they are more or less the same, I think benzema is more versatile with more pace.  Though I love higuian, I think Benzema is a better option, and both pretty much are toe to toe, even tho higuian played second fiddle.

Wait, did you say Benzema has pace? More pace, at that? Benzema? More? Pace?

Those three words can't be used in the same sentence, unless it's an extremely negative sentence. That guy is a slow, lazy fat ass. And for the final time, this second fiddle crap has to stop. They were rotated almost equally, nobody knew who was going to start a particular match. For example, Benz started home vs. United, Higgy away. Higgy home and away vs. Borussia, Bens home vs. Barca, Higgy away, Benz Copa final and so on.

As for our current squad, it's very unbalanced so far. I can't imagine we have finished our transfers. And if we indeed get Bale (hopefully not), I imagine he'll take Benzema's position as we can't have so many defensively inept players in the first team.

Most people just take the pace ratings of fifa as stock standard and that's where misconceptions like these come from. 99% of the time they are wayyyyy off.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 am

juventus101 wrote:A 4-2-2-2 looks good on paper. Both Isco and Ozil are better central players but like to drift around on the wings too so a 4-2-2-2 would be perfect for them. Something like this:

--Casillas--
--Khedira-- --Alonso--
--Ozil---- ----Isco--
--Benzema-- --Ronaldo--

Weak links in the side, other than that might be ok.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:57 am

Alonso-Khedira Laughing

Juve pls
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Christmas tree:

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? AbFdcwfaoO

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:23 pm

juventus101 wrote:A 4-2-2-2 looks good on paper. Both Isco and Ozil are better central players but like to drift around on the wings too so a 4-2-2-2 would be perfect for them. Something like this:

--Casillas--
--Khedira-- --Alonso--
--Ozil---- ----Isco--
--Benzema-- --Ronaldo--
God save that defense. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Mou has always had strong defensive teams though, I dont think Real were wesk or not strong defensively with him, in fact they were bloody strong defensively for most part?

Im getting the feeling a lot of comments are off the mark so far Razz

I would be surprise by a X'mas tree as I said too many attacking talent to use it on that, pretty sure its will be 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3?

And Real dont have that many weak link, they are still a top top team...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next