Doc
B-Mac
Art Morte
53 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Wayne Rooney transfer saga - Page 5 Empty Re: Wayne Rooney transfer saga

Post by Gil Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:15 am

Same Hernanes that can't get into the Brazil team ahead of Oscar who's backup for Mata at Chelsea?

Keep dreaming.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:24 am

Gil wrote:Same Hernanes that can't get into the Brazil team ahead of Oscar who's backup for Mata at Chelsea?

Keep dreaming.

Personally I rate Mata higher than Hernanes.

But you falsly claimed that Mata had 80 assists so... yeah.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:38 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:Wayne Rooney goes home because of injury amid unrest......MUST BE GETTING SOLD

Gareth Bale doesn't play in pre season friendly because of Injury amid interest from other clubs.....nothing
Wouldn't have anything to do with your manager basically calling him a bench player now, would it? Laughing

because saying he's 2nd choice behind RVP who doesn't play the same position as him means he's a bench player hmm

try watching a game and not just eating up what the press spews to the masses
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:49 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Gil wrote:Same Hernanes that can't get into the Brazil team ahead of Oscar who's backup for Mata at Chelsea?

Keep dreaming.

Personally I rate Mata higher than Hernanes.

But you falsly claimed that Mata had 80 assists so... yeah.

Because I obviously meant it literally. Proud
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:56 am

Gil wrote:
Creanga Ion wrote:If Rooney is the best player in the league...he is the best not because he is better than Mata. For example, Bale is also better than Mata. Suarez and Aguero (South American talents) are also better than Mata in my opinion.

Even Eden Hazard is better han Mata.

Aguero, Bale and Suarez lol. DEAD

We only won 14% of our games without Mata last season. Been a while since one player has had that much of an influence on a top tier PL club.

But he made 64 appearances, 35 of which were in the league but I can see how those remaining 3 games make him the most influential player. When you cite a player's absence to try and prove their significance it really shows how great arguments can be. It has only rained 14% of the time when there was not a cloud in the sky- clouds are the most influential rainmakers of our day, it's been a while since one thing has had that much of an influence on a top tier weather occurrence Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:35 am

Luca Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:48 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:Wayne Rooney goes home because of injury amid unrest......MUST BE GETTING SOLD

Gareth Bale doesn't play in pre season friendly because of Injury amid interest from other clubs.....nothing
Wouldn't have anything to do with your manager basically calling him a bench player now, would it? Laughing

because saying he's 2nd choice behind RVP who doesn't play the same position as him means he's a bench player hmm

Fergie trying Rooney in a few different positions over the past 2-3 seasons because of lack of depth in the squad does not mean Rooney & RVP don't play the same position.

Wake up.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:58 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Fergie trying Rooney in a few different positions over the past 2-3 seasons because of lack of depth in the squad does not mean Rooney & RVP don't play the same position.

Wake up.

usually a players best position is his main position and for Rooney that is behind the front man

pls go
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:04 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

Wake up.

usually a players best position is his main position and for Rooney that is behind the front man

pls go
Rooney is naturally a No.9 and he has played out of that position for a while now because your club hasn't had anyone to fill that No.10 position for a while. FFS how do I know more about your team than you? Ever since Ronaldo & Tevez left he's basically been the only word class striker in that attack(except for last season with RVP). You think if Fergie had a world class No.10 he'd rather have Hernandez leading the line over Rooney? You're unbelievable. Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:11 am

^^blue Barrett's post above me gets kudos for the truth hahahahahaha
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:47 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Wake up.

pls go
Rooney is naturally a No.9 and he has played out of that position for a while now because your club hasn't had anyone to fill that No.10 position for a while. FFS how do I know more about your team than you? Ever since Ronaldo & Tevez left he's basically been the only word class striker in that attack(except for last season with RVP). You think if Fergie had a world class No.10 he'd rather have Hernandez leading the line over Rooney? You're unbelievable. Laughing

RVP was bought to play with Rooney not displace him, SAF bought RVP because he realized Rooney is a better #10 and can influence a game more in that role....just because he came up as a #9 doesn't mean he can't evolve as a player and change roles ffs. Rooney is a completely different player to when he first joined us. Only world class striker since tevez/ronaldo...forgot about some guy named Bebatov eh, but you know more then me i thought....you stating you know more about the club because you think your right in your own mind Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:59 am

Uncanny wrote:^^blue Barrett's post above me gets kudos for the truth hahahahahaha
village idiots stick together
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

pls go

RVP was bought to play with Rooney not displace him, SAF bought RVP because he realized Rooney is a better #10 and can influence a game more in that role....just because he came up as a #9 doesn't mean he can't evolve as a player and change roles ffs. Rooney is a completely different player to when he first joined us. Only world class striker since tevez/ronaldo...forgot about some guy named Bebatov eh, but you know more then me i thought....you stating you know more about the club because you think your right in your own mind Laughing
People actually think Berbatov is a world class striker?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! rofl rofl rofl

And the fact that Rooney happens to be versatile does not change his position. The fact that Messi plays down the middle these days does not mean he's a natural No.9. Barca just don't have enough production in that position to not play him there. Its like saying Luiz is a DM because he played well in that position for Chelsea at some points last season.

Rooney was/has been filling a NEED for your team, not necessarily "best way to play him." FFS at some point last season he played CM. United has NO MIDFIELD. When Rooney is being used as makeshift sub for xyz position, somebody has to be out there at CF to score the goals. 2012 you didn't win the title with the setup like that with Hernandez leading the line. In comes RVP converting bucket loads and surprise, surprise United win the title(although it had a lot more to do with Fergie being Fergie more than anything else).

I'm just saying to you that Rooney is naturally a No.9. The fact that he's versatile enough to play in other positions to help your team does not change his natural position. If you don't agree with that then oh well...
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:21 am

Berbatov is one of the classiest players ive seen, Shame he ruined his career in United.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:28 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

People actually think Berbatov is a world class striker?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! roflroflrofl

And the fact that Rooney happens to be versatile does not change his position. The fact that Messi plays down the middle these days does not mean he's a natural No.9. Barca just don't have enough production in that position to not play him there. Its like saying Luiz is a DM because he played well in that position for Chelsea at some points last season.

Rooney was/has been filling a NEED for your team, not necessarily "best way to play him." FFS at some point last season he played CM. United has NO MIDFIELD. When Rooney is being used as makeshift sub for xyz position, somebody has to be out there at CF to score the goals. 2012 you didn't win the title with the setup like that with Hernandez leading the line. In comes RVP converting bucket loads and surprise, surprise United win the title(although it had a lot more to do with Fergie being Fergie more than anything else).

I'm just saying to you that Rooney is naturally a No.9. The fact that he's versatile enough to play in other positions to help your team does not change his natural position. If you don't agree with that then oh well...

With no MF we reached 2 cl finals.
With no midfield we walked the EPL
With no mf city needed gd to beat us

Proud

DAT NO MF :bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:17 pm

B Mac isn't wrong. lol

Rooney's best position is behind the striker. It always has been. He is just extremely talented he can pretty much play wherever he wants and can play equally adept to a striker and/or midfielder role.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Skysports wrote:Paris Saint Germain coach Laurent Blanc has ruled out making a move for unsettled Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney. Chelsea are leading the race for Rooney and PSG insist they will not be entering the race for the England international.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Just because Rooney is not a target striker doesn't mean hes a #10. Rooney is a more versatile forward than RVP and has been shifted around as he can impact a game from other areas. Its also good to remember that RVP has been more clinical than Rooney in the last few seasons.

Rooney for me falls into the same category of striker as Suarez. Obviously, they are different players, but they are modern, versatile forwards, not traditional poachers or targetmen. Therefore there is justified speculation as to what is their best position. In the past, they would've both likely played as second strikers.

The fact that Rooney is not a standard #9 makes it odd that Mourinho is interested. Hes not the typical kind of striker that Mourinho has targeted in the past. Perhaps its a sign of Mou developing different tactics... idk. I would be interested to see how a strikeforce of Lukaku, Ba, Torres, and Rooney would work, though.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Firenze wrote:may as well turn this into the how highly do you rate Mata thread

Surag, do you still rate Hernanes more highly than him? :coffee:

lmao I forgot about that Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:19 pm

jibers wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

People actually think Berbatov is a world class striker?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! roflroflrofl

Proud

That was a combination of Fergie being Fergie, RVP bailing your lot out several times and City/Chelsea playing utter shoite throughout the season. I don't think anyone can deny this.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
jibers wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Proud

That was a combination of Fergie being Fergie, RVP bailing your lot out several times and City/Chelsea playing utter shoite throughout the season. I don't think anyone can deny this.

There's always an excuse when any team succeeds. No team is this perfect all conquering juggernaught(apart from maybe Bayern Munich lol). It never works out like that.

Last edited by RED on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Make up whatever excuses you want, jibs is right Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Those aren't "excuses" those are clear facts. Jibs is trying to imply that they have a good midfield, which they don't.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:35 am

They still won the league. That IS a fact. They have a poor midfield, yes. To say they have no midfield is ridiculous. They have one of the best midfielders in it. Carrick has carried them for over 5 years now. He's arguably England's best midfielder. The only one that probably rivals him is Gerrard. Their midfield is crap, but it's hardly non existent as you suggest.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:42 am

donttreadonred wrote:Just because Rooney is not a target striker doesn't mean hes a #10. Rooney is a more versatile forward than RVP and has been shifted around as he can impact a game from other areas. Its also good to remember that RVP has been more clinical than Rooney in the last few seasons.

Rooney for me falls into the same category of striker as Suarez. Obviously, they are different players, but they are modern, versatile forwards, not traditional poachers or targetmen. Therefore there is justified speculation as to what is their best position. In the past, they would've both likely played as second strikers.

The fact that Rooney is not a standard #9 makes it odd that Mourinho is interested. Hes not the typical kind of striker that Mourinho has targeted in the past. Perhaps its a sign of Mou developing different tactics... idk. I would be interested to see how a strikeforce of Lukaku, Ba, Torres, and Rooney would work, though.

It's a win win for Mourinho to be honest. Chelsea have a very young squad with that said, and do need some experience. So even if they do get Rooney out of this, they wouldn't mind as he's one of the best players in the league and will what's needed for them to succede.

But I don't think Mourinho wants him, personally. I think Mourinho is just putting extra pressure on Moyes. Mou is known to get under the skin of other managers, and has studied psychology in the past. To get one of his main rivals to worry about keeping a player, and put a pile of pressure on an "inexperienced" manager in Moyes, put's him in a better position than his rival. United will now be wasting their time trying to find someone of Rooney's influence, and do their utmost to keep Rooney at the club at the same time. So they'll lose out on targets whilst they stall on their decisions, just like they did with Thiago. Moyes will also want to get his starting XI sorted ASAP, and Rooney in that squad will make them a better team. Moyes now doesn't know if Rooney has a future at the club. It's all games for me.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 pm

This is Abra, Man Utd should hold out for more they can easily get 45-50 with a little more haggling.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next