Doc
B-Mac
Art Morte
53 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Wayne Rooney transfer saga - Page 6 Empty Re: Wayne Rooney transfer saga

Post by M99 Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 pm

This is Abra, Man Utd should hold out for more they can easily get 45-50 with a little more haggling.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:56 am

ynwa wrote:It's a win win for Mourinho to be honest. Chelsea have a very young squad with that said, and do need some experience. So even if they do get Rooney out of this, they wouldn't mind as he's one of the best players in the league and will what's needed for them to succede.

But I don't think Mourinho wants him, personally. I think Mourinho is just putting extra pressure on Moyes. Mou is known to get under the skin of other managers, and has studied psychology in the past. To get one of his main rivals to worry about keeping a player, and put a pile of pressure on an "inexperienced" manager in Moyes, put's him in a better position than his rival. United will now be wasting their time trying to find someone of Rooney's influence, and do their utmost to keep Rooney at the club at the same time. So they'll lose out on targets whilst they stall on their decisions, just like they did with Thiago. Moyes will also want to get his starting XI sorted ASAP, and Rooney in that squad will make them a better team. Moyes now doesn't know if Rooney has a future at the club. It's all games for me.
That was the other part of this that struck me as odd. Mourinho just admitting he was their primary target... really? That tripped red flags all over the place. For a manager as cerebral, cunning, and downright Machiavellian as Mou, there had to be some other angle. Like you, I wouldn't be surprised if Mou doesn't have any interest in Rooney whatsoever. THe other thing is, if Rooney really were so eager to get out with his preferred destination being Chelsea, then why hasn't his camp made more noise about the move. No, this is likely just bluster and cloak & dagger stuff.

My money would be on Madrid coming in about 5 seconds after Higuain signs a deal taking him somewhere else. Rooney still has something to give and obviously wants the CF role. Madrid could be an appealing buyer to ManU, as well. Not only would they be willing to offload Rooney, they wouldn't be strengthening their rivals (for the league), and they would frustrate any real (or perceived) interest from Chelsea, Arsenal, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they even cut Madrid a bargain regarding the price.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:26 am

M99 wrote:This is Abra, Man Utd should hold out for more they can easily get 45-50 with a little more haggling.
Not happening Laughing I can even bet my life savings United don't get 40M from Chelsea(even though that's exactly the price I rate him at, personally).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:31 am

ynwa wrote:They still won the league. That IS a fact. They have a poor midfield, yes. To say they have no midfield is ridiculous. They have one of the best midfielders in it. Carrick has carried them for over 5 years now. He's arguably England's best midfielder. The only one that probably rivals him is Gerrard. Their midfield is crap, but it's hardly non existent as you suggest.
I'm pretty sure me saying "no midfield" doesn't mean there's literally a massive black hole in the midfield that eats up the team Laughing

Of course there's at least one decent player in their midfield being Carrick, but appart from that they've had to play Anderson, Jones, 120 year old Scholes and what not. And then Rooney. What does that say about your midfield if you have to play a striker there from time to time? Yeah there you go.

And of course they won the title. That's a fact. Another fact is, they won the title(s) DESPITE a poor midfield. That has more to do with their brilliant attack, solid defence and Fergie himself being a brilliant manager. None of the titles they've won in the past 2-4 years have been because of their midfield.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 am

Your logic is wrong. In fact, it's the opposite of what you're saying. Rooney was never a natural striker. He's played there, yes. But he's always been a second striker even coming through the ranks of Everton.

EDIT:

Also, you have to stop with this whole "no midfield" crap. I already told you, it's not non-existent. Their midfield is good enough for the PL or they wouldn't be winning it time and time again.

They don't get overrun in the league. The only reason it's considered a poor midfield is because other European teams (so CL rivals; NOT PL) play with 3 men and dominate United through the middle.

Last edited by ynwa on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:35 am

donttreadonred wrote:
ynwa wrote:It's a win win for Mourinho to be honest. Chelsea have a very young squad with that said, and do need some experience. So even if they do get Rooney out of this, they wouldn't mind as he's one of the best players in the league and will what's needed for them to succede.

But I don't think Mourinho wants him, personally. I think Mourinho is just putting extra pressure on Moyes. Mou is known to get under the skin of other managers, and has studied psychology in the past. To get one of his main rivals to worry about keeping a player, and put a pile of pressure on an "inexperienced" manager in Moyes, put's him in a better position than his rival. United will now be wasting their time trying to find someone of Rooney's influence, and do their utmost to keep Rooney at the club at the same time. So they'll lose out on targets whilst they stall on their decisions, just like they did with Thiago. Moyes will also want to get his starting XI sorted ASAP, and Rooney in that squad will make them a better team. Moyes now doesn't know if Rooney has a future at the club. It's all games for me.
That was the other part of this that struck me as odd. Mourinho just admitting he was their primary target... really? That tripped red flags all over the place. For a manager as cerebral, cunning, and downright Machiavellian as Mou, there had to be some other angle. Like you, I wouldn't be surprised if Mou doesn't have any interest in Rooney whatsoever.  THe other thing is, if Rooney really were so eager to get out with his preferred destination being Chelsea, then why hasn't his camp made more noise about the move. No, this is likely just bluster and cloak & dagger stuff.

My money would be on Madrid coming in about 5 seconds after Higuain signs a deal taking him somewhere else. Rooney still has something to give and obviously wants the CF role. Madrid could be an appealing buyer to ManU, as well. Not only would they be willing to offload Rooney, they wouldn't be strengthening their rivals (for the league), and they would frustrate any real (or perceived) interest from Chelsea, Arsenal, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they even cut Madrid a bargain regarding the price.

I don't know what Rooney's doing. I thought he was on his holiday, but he's apparently injured. I have no clue what's going on from his point of view.

With that said, I can't see him joining Real Madrid. There is no way he'll learn to speak Spanish, and Madrid don't really need him. They've just signed Isco, and already have Oezil for behind the striker. And from what I've seen, Madrid don't use "CFs"; their whole game plan is to play through Ronaldo. It's why the likes of Karim and Higgy have failed in past seasons. I also don't think Carlo has it in him to fix that. Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world for a reason. So I can see them continuing the path of making him the focal point. So it'll be a bad deal all around imo.

United would use him as a CF imo. Wouldn't be surprised if he'll stay put by the end of this. He does have a rift with Moyes though. So it should be interesting to see what happens.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Carrick, probably best player on United besides Van Persie last year...shite midfield tho, rubbish, terrible, crap etc etc etc :coffee:

Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:28 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Carrick, probably best player on United besides Van Persie last year...shite midfield tho, rubbish, terrible, crap etc etc etc :coffee:

Laughing

Carrick was one of the best cms in Europe last season...

The no mf bit is baffling. I suppose SAF filled that position. 2 cl finals and 2 leagues with no mf... Only on lol legacy
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:06 pm

The thing is.. none of the midfields in PL last season were good enough.

City had Yaya-Barry, Chelsea had Mikel/Lampard-Ramires, Arsenal had Wilshere-Ramsey. Laughing

Tottenham had a better midfield compared to Man Utd which helped them secure a win against Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Man Utd had a decent enough midfield which was not worse when compared relatively to the other teams of the league.

This season, with City signing Fernandinho, Chelsea possibly signing de Rossi, Spuds getting Paulinho, a midfield of Carrick-Cleverley will not be good enough.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:07 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:The thing is.. none of the midfields in PL last season were good enough.

City had Yaya-Barry, Chelsea had Mikel/Lampard-Ramires, Arsenal had Wilshere-Ramsey. Laughing

Tottenham had a better midfield compared to Man Utd which helped them secure a win against Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Man Utd had a decent enough midfield which was not worse when compared relatively to the other teams of the league.

This season, with City signing Fernandinho, Chelsea possibly signing de Rossi, Spuds getting Paulinho, a midfield of Carrick-Cleverley will not be good enough.

But that's the same thing that has been said since 2009...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:11 pm

My fellow posters still saying Utd midfield not good enough? While it lacked some sort of flair, they have a great deal of substance. Very solid and disciplined midfield...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:13 pm

they had some of the best refgistas in the business dictating the play

refgista > regista
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:26 pm

ynwa wrote:Your logic is wrong. In fact, it's the opposite of what you're saying. Rooney was never a natural striker. He's played there, yes. But he's always been a second striker even coming through the ranks of Everton.

EDIT:

Also, you have to stop with this whole "no midfield" crap. I already told you, it's not non-existent. Their midfield is good enough for the PL or they wouldn't be winning it time and time again.

They don't get overrun in the league. The only reason it's considered a poor midfield is because other European teams (so CL rivals; NOT PL) play with 3 men and dominate United through the middle.  
Wait....you actually think I was comparing their midfield to Wigan's midfield or what exactly? rofl

Not even gonna waste my time on this topic anymore.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
ynwa wrote:Your logic is wrong. In fact, it's the opposite of what you're saying. Rooney was never a natural striker. He's played there, yes. But he's always been a second striker even coming through the ranks of Everton.

EDIT:

Wait....you actually think I was comparing their midfield to Wigan's midfield or what exactly? rofl

wigan are our PL RIVALS?.....wigan the championship side?

yes pls go and give up
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Are people still going on about midfields? Laughing

Did no one watch Bayern destroy Barca's midfield despite everyone saying how inferior it was supposed to be?

Brazil to Spain?

I could go on really.... teams don't win the midfield battles because of 2 or 3 players Laughing they win it because they attack and defend as a team as 11 players.

Watch Spain at their best in the area where most teams have 3-5 players they have 10.

Football is a team sport not an individual one, why there is so much emphasis on this lack of a midfield i do not know.

Man Yoo struggled in the CL between Post CR and last year because of a lack of offensive talents and injuries to key defenders.

Midfield and its importance is utterly overplayed, at least by itself.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Fellow United fans still defending the midfield which is obviously the weak link after years.

Why spend 10 hours studying to get a 70% when you can spend 12 hours and possibly get a 90%? I don't know.

Love your level of expectation. Keep it up bros.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:37 pm

SchinnerC wrote:Fellow United fans still defending the midfield which is obviously the weak link after years.

Why spend 10 hours studying to get a 70% when you can spend 12 hours and possibly get a 90%? I don't know.

nobody is saying it isn't the weakest part of the squad, but to say it is shit and non existent is ridiculous.

try reading the actual posts
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:44 pm

SchinnerC wrote:Fellow United fans still defending the midfield which is obviously the weak link after years.

Wtf are you on about mate? We all know our mf is our 'weakest' part. People are talking as if we play a

4-0-2/ 4-0-4 ffs.

Reading comprehension of peace
inference of peace
Strong knowledge
strong everything

pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:48 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

nobody is saying it isn't the weakest part of the squad, but to say it is shit and non existent is ridiculous.

try reading the actual posts

Well, if we compare our midfield to our competitors in Europe, I have to say it's pretty shit. And it really isn't just about the current batch of midfielders we have, but more with the approach the board/manager are taking/not taking. They don't seem to worry about it too much at all.

I don't see the point denying it or trying to save face for the club. I'll take it back if the issue is resolved in this window.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:51 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

EDIT:

yes pls go and give up
The hyperbole is lost on you mate Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:51 pm

jibers wrote:

Wtf are you on about mate? We all know our mf is our 'weakest' part. People are talking as if we play a

4-0-2/ 4-0-4 ffs.

inference of peace
Strong knowledge
strong everything

pls go

rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:55 pm

jibers wrote:

4-0-2/ 4-0-4 ffs.

inference of peace
Strong knowledge
strong everything

pls go

Nice catch phrase. Got it copyrighted yet?

Well you guys are just diving straight into their trap to draw an emotional reply out of you. Nudge you a little and expect you to act defensive. No point really.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

yes pls go and give up

no I completely understand, your just trying to change it as if you have only been comparing us to european teams and not the rest of the PL so you can save face.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:59 pm

SchinnerC wrote:
jibers wrote:

4-0-2/ 4-0-4 ffs.

inference of peace
Strong knowledge
strong everything

pls go

Nice catch phrase. Got it copyrighted yet?

Well you guys are just diving straight into their trap to draw an emotional reply out of you. Nudge you a little and expect you to act defensive. No point really.

We have to sit here and take this chit. Arsenal are protected by RG, Barcelona by Dani, Madrid by JD, MIlan by Doest, JUve by Devi, Pool by RO. There was a period where even the mods were allowing United roll breads to be made. We have no protection. If we do not stand up to these haters who will? We win the league, the EPL is weak, City win on GD best EPL of all time. It's getting a bit sad tbh. We have no Admin/mod protection. I am powerful but even I cannot shield United from all the hate. I need the rest of you guys to join in and together, we can take over GL.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:00 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

yes pls go and give up

no I completely understand, your just trying to change it as if you have only been comparing us to european teams and not the rest of the PL so you can save face.
That isn't my point either.

While I wasn't comparing United to European teams exactly, I was comparing them to GOOD teams with GOOD midfields.

FFS I promise not to speak on this anymore. This is my last post on this.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

That isn't my point either.

While I wasn't comparing United to European teams exactly, I was comparing them to GOOD teams with GOOD midfields.

FFS I promise not to speak on this anymore. This is my last post on this.

so much back tracking
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next