McAgger
Fahim89
Helmer
iftikhar
Nishankly
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Preseason Match #2 | Indonesia XI vs Liverpool FC | 20th July | - Page 2 Empty Re: Preseason Match #2 | Indonesia XI vs Liverpool FC | 20th July |

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:58 am

I think that was Rodgers making it clear to wee Jay that he's not really even in the depth charts for midfield at this point.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Preseason Match #2 | Indonesia XI vs Liverpool FC | 20th July | - Page 2 Empty Re: Preseason Match #2 | Indonesia XI vs Liverpool FC | 20th July |

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:10 am

RedOranje wrote:I think that was Rodgers making it clear to wee Jay that he's not really even in the depth charts for midfield at this point.  
I would agree, but it certainly confused me when I saw the teamsheets before the match.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:12 am

RedOranje wrote:I think that was Rodgers making it clear to wee Jay that he's not really even in the depth charts for midfield at this point.  

That is cooooold Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:15 am

RedOranje wrote:Seriously, I cannot be the only one who thinks there's something... off about Aspas's facial structure, can I?

Its the unmistakable width of the eyes.

Spoiler:

OT: Hope to see Borini, Alberto, Aaspas, Assaidi, Coutinho and definitely not Pacheco who has been confirmed to be the team's masseuse.

Target is 7-0, to which Arsenal beat the Indonesians. Anything outside that scoreline will render our season an absolute failure.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:20 am

Arquitescu wrote:

Target is 7-0, to which Arsenal beat the Indonesians. Anything outside that scoreline will render our season an absolute failure.  

Laughing Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:21 am

Let me get something straight here

Are we playing Indonesia NT or Indonesian League All Stars??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:22 am

Pacheco hasn't gone on the tour, so he certainly won't be making an appearance.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:28 am

Arquitescu wrote:Target is 7-0, to which Arsenal beat the Indonesians. Anything outside that scoreline will render our season an absolute failure.  
Glad to see we've started our customary knee-jerking early this year.

Thumbs up 
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:33 am

donttreadonred wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Target is 7-0, to which Arsenal beat the Indonesians. Anything outside that scoreline will render our season an absolute failure.  

Thumbs up 

Basic logic Treddie. Arsenal overcame the team 7-0, therefore if we do not match that, it will translate into that Arsenal are a better equipped team for us this year.

Anything outside an 8-0= Us finishing below Arsenal. 7-1 or 6-0? Failure tbh.

Everything can be judged from this game.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:49 am

All stars Swagger, These games are always termed as ABC all stars or ABC XI probably to avoid embarrassment even though they'll lose badly.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:23 pm

i think you might have seen this already, just wanted to post it here.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:24 pm

donttreadonred wrote:

Thumbs up 
I thought it was a morning tea time joke.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:00 pm

http://www.lfctour.com/news/latest-news/he-s-back-skipper-starts-v-indonesia
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Nishank wrote:http://www.lfctour.com/news/latest-news/he-s-back-skipper-starts-v-indonesia

Good news. Hopefully we'll get to see Coutinho, Stevie, Lucas, Aspas, Agger, Borini, and Alberto all at the same time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Aaaargh, don't care about friendlies, just want that Stoke game to come already! bounce 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:29 pm

The name stoke always frightens me although I am nowhere near the pitch, after last season the first real test for BR, I guess i have to hold it till the actual thread appears bounce . Btw, I dont care about 7-0 or 14-0 in tomo match.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Just to clear it up, my previous comments on friendlies were a joke and satire to RAWK. If anything, losing would do us good.

I'm with you Art, but friendlies are an exciting measure of how players can be integrated within our squad, along with their subsequent abilities.

I do wish like the Italians or mid-table English clubs, that we'd face-off v relevant teams as these Asian tour spiels are very boring.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm

I think these tours are very good for the fans abroad. It would be a shame if those great fans in the far east never got to see our team live. It just wouldn't be fair to anyone. So I'm very happy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:54 am

These tours are amazing, Financially and fitness wise, people die here in Asia to see these players live, Its not like Liverpool has fans only in the UK.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:48 am

Less than 6 hours left cheers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:24 am

Live on ESPN, no streaming, hopefully A-league all stars beat the scum and we thrash Indonesia.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:00 pm

two and half hours bounce 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Im sorry for your loss mrr, But there was some slick passing in the midfield from the All stars.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:37 pm

The Reds team in full is: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Toure, Lucas, Gerrard, Alberto, Downing, Coutinho, Aspas.

Subs: Jones, Assaidi, Henderson, Spearing, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Kelly, Skrtel, Flanagan, Wisdom, Robinson, Ibe.

Strong team.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Very strong team. In the absence of Suarez and Sturridge, this will be our starting XI.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Just to clear it up, my previous comments on friendlies were a joke and satire to RAWK. If anything, losing would do us good.

I'm with you Art, but friendlies are an exciting measure of how players can be integrated within our squad, along with their subsequent abilities.

I do wish like the Italians or mid-table English clubs, that we'd face-off v relevant teams as these Asian tour spiels are very boring.
Of course it was. I never took as anything different (hence the smiley). However, we've all seen the LFC supporters whose views reflect your comments, but subtract the satire.

I enjoy friendlies to the extent that I get a good look at a mix of youth, new players, and the established squad. In situations like we are (new manager last year, and several squad additions this season), firendlies are a great way to get a feel for those players you don't know yet and see how they will fit within the squad. Of course, it's not the be-all end-all of tactical analysis, but it temporarily satisfies those of us who are jonesing for a football fix.

Moreover, friendlies and tours like this one are a huge boon to the clubs financial and commercial interests. Did you see the support in Jakarta?! These supporters came out in droves to see the Reds. From the romantic point of view, this tour gives them the opportunity to see their heroes and replicate the atmosphere and experience most of them have only dreamed of. The more cynical view states that it's a market starved of attention, just waiting for a reason to pour money into the coffers. Either way, it's a great idea for the club to explore these markets.

Nishank wrote:The Reds team in full is: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Toure, Lucas, Gerrard, Alberto, Downing, Coutinho, Aspas.

Subs: Jones, Assaidi, Henderson, Spearing, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Kelly, Skrtel, Flanagan, Wisdom, Robinson, Ibe.

Strong team.
Hmm... that starting lineup seems darned close to our best available squad.

I wonder if it will be:
Aspas
Cou------------Downing
Alberto
Lucas--Gerrard
Enrique------------Johnson
Agger Toure
Mignolet
or
Aspas
Alberto--Cou--Downing
Lucas--Gerrard
Enrique------------Johnson
Agger---Toure
Mignolet
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next