BarcaKizz
neuro11
free_cat
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guardiola rage day Empty Guardiola rage day

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:06 pm

The former Blaugrana boss has slammed the club's president for attempting to paint him in a negative light through the media

Pep Guardiola has launched a scathing attack on Barcelona president Sandro Rosell and accused him of using Tito Vilanova's illness as a malicious weapon against him.

The former Blaugrana boss left Camp Nou last summer and embarked on a 12-month sabbatical from football in New York - the same city in which Vilanova received treatment in his battle against cancer.

But Guardiola has been angered by several stories that have appeared in the press suggesting the pair were not in contact during his illness because of a breakdown in their relationship, an accusation the 42-year-old says is fictitious and instigated by Rosell.

"This year there have been too many times when they [Barcelona & Rosell] crossed the line. Using Tito Vilanova's illness to hurt me, that I will never forget. I saw Tito Vilanova in New York, and if I didn't see him more it's because it was not possible, not because of me.

"Do I have to justify wanting a partner I've had for so long and helped me so much to do well? That was something in very, very bad taste."

Tensions between Rosell and Guardiola appear to stem from the current board's dislike of the regime that appointed the now Bayern Munich boss to the Camp Nou helm, which included former president Joan Laporta and Barca great Johan Cruyff.

And the Bavarians coach has ordered his old club to bring an end to their apparent smear campaign against him and allow him to focus on his new life in Germany.

"Let me enjoy my job and these players that Bayern gives me to do the best I possibly can," he added.

If any of the things I've said is not true, come out and rebut it. But it has to be them (Rosell and his board), not intermediaries or Barcelona messengers, them. They have to focus on making their team work and leave me alone."

Guardiola spent a success-laden four years in charge of Barcelona, working under Rosell in his final season at the club.

Seems clear that Guardiola left because he can't stand Rosell. In a Guardiola vs. Rosell fight I side with Pep 100%, but I'm not happy that he is trying to sign Thiago and he seemed to attack Tito a little bit too (not written in this article).

Also, he should have denounced Rosell when he left, or stay and fight him from the inside. Now we are left with the big incompetents and bad people that is Rosell and Co.pale 
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Guardiola rage day Empty Re: Guardiola rage day

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:20 pm

So this came at last.....sooner or later this was about to....
As much i love pep and dislike Rosell, i think its a bad approach to lure a player like Thiago from his beloved former club. Ofcourse he is professional and to win he will do everything but no barcelona fan would like this one atleast.
@free, where did you find that he seemed to be attacking Tito?? i am also curious to know about this. there is something certainly wrong in between Tito and Pep and i am sure like this one, one of them will come out say in details.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:31 pm

It's a 5 minute answer from Guardiola, so many was left out:

http://www.esport3.cat/video/4633694/futbol/Guardiola-Que-em-deixin-tranquil

When he was criticizing, he was all the time saying "they", and towards the end he said "they are COACHES at Barça, presidents at Barça, so they should focus on improving their team and enjoying the moment".

So it might imply that everything he was saying was directed to Tito and Rosell, or someone else from the coaching staff, or maybe it was just a mistake from Pep, 5 minutes speaking is a lot.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 pm

He is 100% right about everything...

And what he said about Thiago annoys me but I can't blame him. Showing his good management. Tito and the board should have said similar things ages ago, instead they do nothing and say "be patient".

Get Rosell out before he damages us even more... He is an abomination and only getting worse.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks for the link....
I am sure Pep is trying to get Thiago because he values him, but is it possible he is luring him because he is fed up with this management. So it will be two deal done in one stone. If bayern can manage getting Thiago in 18m it will be a huge scratch on both Rosell and Tito's presence.
On another note, now its very clear to me why there is no progress on thiago's issue. Too much talk on media but nothing from Thiago. I think its a very difficult decision even for him and he is taking time. While bayern has everything to offer him, its not an easy decision to leave a club like Barca. And i assume it was all in between Barca and byern since the beginning. RM and Man U just tried to engage but was not successful

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:52 pm

Offtopic: Recently i saw video in youtube, an hour long on how Laporta became winner and his first year in charge. Its a documentary and i really enjoyed it. It also captured how the relation between laporta and Rosell took a U turn from the very first year of laporta era.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Never thought it would come to this. It's so terrible. The main part I don't understand here is when the relations between Pep and Rosell soured. Its widely believed that the signing of Fabregas was sanctioned only to please Pep. It also seems like in the summer of 2011, Pep had made no plans to leave Barca having signed two major players in Fabregas and Sanchez. Around December 2011 is when the idea of Pep leaving after that season started becoming concrete. Something must have happened in those few months, something grave that we/I do not know about.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:36 am

Sad
Thiago Sad
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:58 am

Free I think you're reading too much into that "they". Don't think he would have meant one of the only 4 friends he has in that statement.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:39 am

So what prompted him to speak to the media about his problems with Rossell? Dude's about to snag a player of ours, and he starts talking crap? Just for that I hope Rossell tries his hardest to not let him have Thiago

Not that I don't agree with Pep, but he is going about this all wrong
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:40 am

neuro11 wrote:Offtopic: Recently i saw video in youtube, an hour long on how Laporta became winner and his first year in charge. Its a documentary and i really enjoyed it. It also captured how the relation between laporta and Rosell took a U turn from the very first year of laporta era.

This one?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:36 am

windkick wrote:So what prompted him to speak to the media about his problems with Rossell? Dude's about to snag a player of ours, and he starts talking crap? Just for that I hope Rossell tries his hardest to not let him have Thiago

The media accused him of telling Neymar that "you should sign for Barca because Tito will not know how to use both you and Messi", which was a complete fabrication he took to be for political purposes.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:48 am

Rosell being exposed for the man he really is.

GTFO pls. We need Laporta back.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:49 am

CBarca wrote:Rosell being exposed for the man he really is.

GTFO pls. We need Laporta back.

Laporta 2016
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:50 am

It's probably true that Guardiola is trying to get revenge on the Rosell administration by luring Thiago away. It would put a huge blemish on their record. We wrote an interesting piece on it here:

http://eurofootballweb.com/why-does-guardiola-want-thiago-at-bayern/

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Free I think you're reading too much into that "they". Don't think he would have meant one of the only 4 friends he has in that statement.

+1. As far as I understand Pep did not mean to blame Tito.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:38 am

windkick wrote:So what prompted him to speak to the media about his problems with Rossell? Dude's about to snag a player of ours, and he starts talking crap? Just for that I hope Rossell tries his hardest to not let him have Thiago

More than angry I am very surprised because Pep hardly ever behaves in this way and that too at such times. Perhaps his patience had reached its limit. Too many things are going on that I don't get to read about I suppose. Maybe only those who follow Barca news much more minutely and from various venues get to know such things.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:07 pm

It just keeps getting more lamentable. Now even Tito has spoken out against Pep. We expect nothing good from our board members but at least Pep and Tito needn't have got into such a mess.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/07/16/4121251/vilanova-i-expected-more-from-pep?ICID=OP

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:15 pm

As i already mentioned there is something in between pep and Tito which we dont know...otherwise there would not so much in the media....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:17 pm

so are you guys still siding with pep after he hijacked thiago?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca2211 Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:04 am

vanDEEZ wrote:so are you guys still siding with pep after he hijacked thiago?

Someone who gave his all to Barcelona as a coach and player I could never actually hate Pep. But, what he is doing in the media and requesting the transfer of Barcelona's best youth product since Messi, I can't help but be a little sick to my stomach about the whole ordeal.

Barca2211
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:14 am

Not quite sure what to make of Tito's quotes. Pep seemed to imply that he didn't visit Tito for health reasons. Tito said it was a unilateral decision by Pep. It's a personal matter and we are missing many details, but it doesn't paint Pep in a very favorable light.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:04 am

My views are contrary to what some of you have expressed. I hardly blame Pep at all for anything (except signing Fabregas of course but that's long back).

There are two reasons why some are blaming him. So let me take up each one separately.

1. For "hijacking" Thiago. When our board showed no desire at all to keep Thiago and the player wanted to go back to his old coach I can't at all fault Pep for what happened.

2. For "not visiting" Tito. This is a matter between friends or at least former friends. As we grow older and move on in our lives we often do not have time for those who used to be our best friends. There could be umpteen reasons why Pep didn't go to visit Tito often enough. However as far as I am concerned this is a matter between two individuals and that's where it should have stayed confined. Talking about it in the media is undignified. Tito saying something like this clearly indicates to me that he has done that to back up the board in their war of words against Pep or in other words he is acting like a stooge of Rosell. I hope he comes out and says he has been misquoted instead of sinking even lower and becoming one with this board.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:56 am

Im undecided...as mentioned, we will never a lot of other details in these matters... but Pep always comes across as very smart and has his own reasons and belief and hes certainly proven more than Tito yet,
no offense obviously.... lets just see what unfolds in the coming season...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:03 am

Tito has to do this. Rosell gave him his job. TBH, it's back to typical Barcelona, where all the drama gets in the way of their football. The stability Laporta brought has disappeared. This is another day in the office for Barcelona and their internal politics. Just goes to show you how young the people are on this forum. Babun, Free_cat and Sports know what I'm talking about.. I expect another 'blue elephant situation' in 2016...

The new school fans don't have a clue.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next