ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Helmer
Fahim89
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Art Morte wrote:As for replacing Suarez, I don't think we should look at it as one-on-one replacement. Sorry if that's not the correct term, btw lol. We've got now such attacking players in the team who could become more than the sum of each individual. Meaning that if Suarez's spot becomes vacant, we've got players who might perform very well together even if none of them is individually as good as Suarez.
Im not sure about the term either but its just my understanding that if Suarez goes & we do not replace him with another striker then a huge pressure would fall upon Sturridge to finish our chances. Which would be really unfair. Coutinho & Aspas would create a lot without doubt but i just feel we would need another striker who would be more clinical & more into scoring goals then creating opportunities. Don't know much about Costa so can't tell if he would give us that. But read somewhere his finishing percentage of chances if pretty good compared to our EPL strikers. '

Btw what happened to the Costa deal? That just seems to have vanished in thin air. We are really finding it hard to get our targets it seems.

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:01 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
vegfootball wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote: We have already bought a young player this window, alberto. I think in this window we should not sign another youngster for whatever position doesnt matter. Unless someone is exceptional like Natasic or Pogba. Gustavo, I would like to see him in RED but I dont think BR will go for him. We know very well who might play as DM in case Lucas is injured.
i am agree with people but point is what does 1st team need the most

a) Gustavo 1st team defensive midfielder

b) Henrikh Mkhitaryan/Eriksen box-to-box/attacking midfielder type of player

my only argument was not to sign a young player!!!
Off course, it is all about completing priorities mentioned by you in b. But it is also tearing your pocket extra inch to get gustavo in, future point of view!!!
i agree with ever one on Gustavo but not what team needs

Rodgers what 3 player in the centre midfield, Gerrard has not got the legs  any more to be a box-to-box midfielder so he drop deep with Lucas, so there one slot let, i don't think buy a defensive midfielder is what the team needs

as back up Allen,Henderson,Alberto in my opinion Allen is the weakest link, that why i would happy buy a young defensive midfielder than a 1st team player
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:As for replacing Suarez, I don't think we should look at it as one-on-one replacement. Sorry if that's not the correct term, btw lol. We've got now such attacking players in the team who could become more than the sum of each individual. Meaning that if Suarez's spot becomes vacant, we've got players who might perform very well together even if none of them is individually as good as Suarez.
Im not sure about the term either but its just my understanding that if Suarez goes & we do not replace him with another striker then a huge pressure would fall upon Sturridge to finish our chances. Which would be really unfair. Coutinho & Aspas would create a lot without doubt but i just feel we would need another striker who would be more clinical & more into scoring goals then creating opportunities. Don't know much about Costa so can't tell if he would give us that. But read somewhere his finishing percentage of chances if pretty good compared to our EPL strikers. '

Btw what happened to the Costa deal? That just seems to have vanished in thin air. We are really finding it hard to get our targets it seems.
to me Sturridge can be 18 to 20 goals easy like Henderson Sturridge has been played out position for most of his career & had manager's not get most out him

1st team

Gerrard from deep 6+ goals
central attacking midfielder 8+ goals
? right midfield 8+ goals Sturridge central 20 goals , Coutinho left midfield 8+ golas

that about 50 goals from 1st team

back up players Alberto, Henderson,Aspas,Borini,Downing,Sterling i can see them chip in with around 15+ goals
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owner-john-henry-5683119?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
:coffee:
Liverpool FC owner adamant Suarez is going nowhere - especially not Arsenal-latest from echo

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Interview from Mr. Henry wrote:Said Liverpool’s Principal owner Henry: “I think that Brendan spoke on behalf of the club and said it well - so I don’t think there’s anything I would want to add to what he said.

“We are not going to sell Luis.

“He is one of the best players in the world. I have no reason to believe that he won’t continue to be.

“The club is headed in the right direction and this episode is not going to stop us. It is what we are all focused on right now.

“I have high expectations. We had a very good second half last year and the reports from training and the feeling within the club and among the players….. I think we’ll surprise people this year.”

He said: “I think for all of the top clubs it’s extremely important. Especially for Liverpool, since we have not been in Europe and are not in Europe this year – and we haven’t been in the Champions League for a while – obviously to sell Luis to a rival for one of those positions would be ludicrous.

“I have told Ivan Gazidis that Luis is not for sale. I am unequivocal on that.”

Asked if he would stick to his guns even if an increased bid comes in from the Emirates, he said: “Yes.

“But that doesn’t seem to slow them down - so I can’t wait to see what the next one is.

“It’s been resolved - we have said no.”

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Dem poor Arsenal Jets....I am loving it pirat 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:41 pm

Ugh. John Henry of all people should not be allowed to talk about loyalty to the uniform. I agree with everything he said, but this man talking about loyalty makes me want to puke. You give what you get, and the number of Red Sox legends he has treated like trash over the years and forced out is ridiculous. He's 100% right about Suarez, but I wish this message had come from someone else, hearing it from his mouth makes me want to puke.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 pm

It still amazes me how much some people search and dig for reasons to dislike figures within their own club.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:46 pm

RedOranje wrote:It still amazes me how much some people search and dig for reasons to dislike figures within their own club.
Scientist RO :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:50 pm

RedOranje wrote:It still amazes me how much some people search and dig for reasons to dislike figures within their own club.
Well this comes from outside the club, so I understand if nobody else feels this way. But John Henry and the rest of the top of the Red Sox' front office has a track record of treating players very poorly regardless of their stature in the club, so I don't particularly like hearing him talk about the necessity of loyalty - he doesn't seem to embody it himself.

That being said, I would never post this in the general section, since I don't want to hear the Arsenal brigade jump all over it, and I agree with the sentiments in regard to Luis, if not the man.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:56 am

I couldn't really care less what Henry does outside of LFC. He's done perfectly well in this situation and I'm glad we're sticking to our guns.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:56 am

John Henry must be reading my posts. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:52 am

Anyway, transfers.

Rodgers is still talking about getting between 2 and 4 more signings in. Cissokho seems to be the first (unfortunately) if we can agree a deal with Valencia. Costas appears to be our main attacking target, and there's the possibility of another attacker and another in an unspecified position (CB or CDM perhaps?).

There's also the possibility now that we may opt NOT to spend big (so no Costas, but still other moves) and save that money for pursuing a Suarez replacement in January or next summer.

We know for a fact that we have enough funds available to spend more than £20m from the pursuits of Mkhi and Costas. Assuming that there is not a set budget and it is being sanctioned on a case-by-case basis it seems like we could realistically pursue either one fairly significant signing or several mid-range/good-fortune deals.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:56 am

And Eriksen is still available.....sigh
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:20 am

For better or worse (and before people start going after me again, please read back through my posts on the subject) we're not interested in a creative player like Eriksen. The targets are meant to be goal threats before creative options.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 am

Thus the sigh Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:28 am

I know. I was simply addressing the issue before the same discussion happened again for the third or fifth or twentieth time.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:07 am

Rodgers said: "I still think another attacking, creative player, and depending on what goes out of the club - because naturally there might be one or two players who need to go out and play more - then we'll need to fill those areas that have been vacated.

"Certainly another attacking player will really benefit us, and probably another defender. We'll see how it develops over the course of the next few months."

He added: "We brought great signings in in January and that's really helped us. Obviously the plan was to get our signings in as soon as we possibly could - and we still hope to make a few more.

"I'm very happy with the four players I've brought in, and they'll add to the group."
Those were Rodgers words after we missed out on Mkhitaryan.

I think Rodgers see's Coutinho as that player now, and will let him play through midfield. Hence the interest in Diego Costa.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:09 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Aly Cissokho - Liverpool.

He told Le 10 Sport:

Liverpool came to me and it’s true that I have agreed to join them. Now it's down to the clubs to decide a transfer deal. Liverpool want a loan, while Valencia prefer a permanent transfer.
French source. Not sure if reliable. Stolen from rumour thread in the General section.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:48 am

Radamel Falcao also spoke glowingly of his ex-teammate with much of the Colombian’s end product the result of a Costa move pulling away a defender, or even directly assisting. Costa’s been often deployed wide right (with licence to cut in) and as a second striker, either way showing flexibility in the front line. Aspas’ traits are similar too, when it comes to positioning.
---

Downing replacement? :bow:

Suarez
Coutinho ------- Costa
Eriksen
Lucas Gerrard

:bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:55 am

Sturridge will start.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:43 am

McAgger wrote:I couldn't really care less what Henry does outside of LFC. He's done perfectly well in this situation and I'm glad we're sticking to our guns.
With that said, this Suarez saga has been handled superbly. The main reason would be that the club knows Suarez will still need to commit his all to Liverpool if he is to avoid being relegated onto the bench and sulk...just ahead of the world cup. First time we seem to be holding all the cards.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:25 am

RedOranje wrote:Anyway, transfers.

Rodgers is still talking about getting between 2 and 4 more signings in.  Cissokho seems to be the first (unfortunately) if we can agree a deal with Valencia.  Costas appears to be our main attacking target, and there's the possibility of another attacker and another in an unspecified position (CB or CDM perhaps?).

There's also the possibility now that we may opt NOT to spend big (so no Costas, but still other moves) and save that money for pursuing a Suarez replacement in January or next summer.

We know for a fact that we have enough funds available to spend more than £20m from the pursuits of Mkhi and Costas.  Assuming that there is not a set budget and it is being sanctioned on a case-by-case basis it seems like we could realistically pursue either one fairly significant signing or several mid-range/good-fortune deals.
Brendan Rodgers admits Luis Suarez could be sold - if Arsenal make a high enough bid

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-brendan-rodgers-admits-luis-suarez-could-be-sold--if-arsenal-make-a-high-enough-bid-8725931.html

Brendan Rodgers tells Luis Suarez he wants to keep him at Liverpool as club braces itself for bids

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-transfer-brendan-rodgers-2078529

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers believes he has successfully strengthened his Reds squad this summer and will now target players to improve his starting XI for the rest of the transfer window.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/139187-brendan-rodgers-transfer-update

Brendan Rodgers: Simon Mignolet Will Be "Competition" for Pepe Reina

http://liverpool.theoffside.com/liverpool-transfer-rumours/2013/6/22/4455094/brendan-rodgers-interview-simon-mignolet-will-be-competition-for-pepe-reina

New Signings

http://www.theliverpoolword.com/2012/07/brendan-rodgers-press-conference-pre-season-north-america-tour-transfer-rumours-players-youngsters/

Liverpool FC transfer rumour mill: Reds to bid for Papadopoulos, Rodgers eyes Sinclair as Barca winning Stegen chase

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-rumour-mill-3865912

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

i can go on,  people relay did not like Dalglish press-conference, were Rodgers can not stop talk, he love him self talk, he should quit as a football managers, take ever car saleman or be a MP both love to talk you out of your money & they can stop them self from lie
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:57 am

GK: 'I think' we have improved. Would have loved Reina to be sold instead of being loaned.

CB: Agger-Toure-Skrtel doesn't seem to be any improvement unless Skrtel regains his form or Toure rolls-back couple of years. But Wisdom is older (and wiser) by a year.

R&LWB: Will be happy with the depth if Ally (or any other LB) is signed.

DM: Badly need a cover for Lucas if we are to have any intentions of claiming (or even trying) T4.

CM: Well covered. Allen should be given some games to find his true potential.

AM: Unless Coutinho is playing AM, need a quality addition (goal-scoring or just creative is upto the Boss). If Alberto can be a proper back-up is also up in the air.

Attack: Seems fine with Borini, Sturridge, Aspas & Suarez. But that's just four players for three positions and two of these (Aspas & Borini) are yet to be tested.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:20 pm

near did get hype around  Spearing, though when broke thought he should be back to right full back at the time when he was break though, as i did not think Stephen Darby could the job & Spearing had played most of youth as fb/cb

then had few good games with Dalglish & lot lfc foumas went  nut's about  him & i even read that people say going to be better than  Mascherano

people are now Can't believe more weren't in for him, he is a Championship player at his

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/142065-spearing-completes-bolton-switch

any way good luck Spearing hope you a good career

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Guys, what's your take on Costa!!! Have you seen him play, much!!! How good is he! I'm sure he isn't worth €25 million, but how good is he really!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next