+2
Kick
Shed
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Premier League Fixture List - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League Fixture List

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:39 am

Certainly, an easy CL draw will make this season very good.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:49 am

I suspect a hard start for Mourinho would be enjoyed by the media and Shed
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:50 am

Soul wrote:I suspect a hard start for Mourinho would be enjoyed by the media and Shed

Exactly, thats why I am not surprised we have United away on the second day.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 am

Why would I ever wish ill on a Chelsea manager?

I think some people here are confusing my criticism of his suitability for the job with hoping he fails. I support every single Chelsea manager regardless of my feelings about their appointment and I'd be more than happy to see him prove me horribly, horribly wrong on every last thing I've doubted him on.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 am

Shed wrote:Why would I ever wish ill on a Chelsea manager?

I think some people here are confusing my criticism of his suitability for the job with hoping he fails. I support every single Chelsea manager regardless of my feelings about their appointment and I'd be more than happy to see him prove me horribly, horribly wrong on every last thing I've doubted him on.

So will I.

There will be a lot of face rubbing. Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 pm

So, having had a closer look at our fixture list, a few observations:

1.) Best opening day possible, obviously. Great chance to get off to a good start with 3 points and potentially run up a slight GD advantage on our rivals.

2.) Playing United so early in the season is a huge positive, contrary to what some have intimated on here. The earlier into Moyes' tenure we play them the better, as he'll still be finding his feet and the squad will still be settling into his methods. This will be his first ever home game and José will undoubtedly be smelling blood.

3.) We play a majority of the games against the top sides away from home first. Arsenal, Spurs, United, as well as Everton and Newcastle (remains to be seen how those 2 fair this season), etc. all take place on the road first before bringing them back to the Bridge in the business end of the season, which I've always preferred.

4.) In keeping with what seems to have become a tradition these past few years, we have a tough holiday period run-in. Starts off with Arsenal away on the 21st, followed by Swansea at home on Boxing Day, then Liverpool at home 2 days later, before a trip to the south coast to play Southampton away on New Years Day. Some very tough fixtures there and as we know it's often that period that decides title races. Must be focused and at our best.

5.) We've gotten a considerably favourable run-in to end the season. Akin to Arsenal's this past year which of course was hugely helpful in their quest to finish Top 4. After the March 8th derby at home to S*urs, there's only Arsenal at home 2 weeks later and Liverpool away on the 3rd to last game of the season that are big matches for the last 2 months of the season; the rest are against all mid-table or relegation sides.

5.) Final day away to a potential relegation fighter, which is never what you want. Let's hope they're either already safe or already down by the time closing day rolls around.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Shed wrote:So, having had a closer look at our fixture list, a few observations:

1.) Best opening day possible, obviously. Great chance to get off to a good start with 3 points and potentially run up a slight GD advantage on our rivals.

2.) Playing United so early in the season is a huge positive, contrary to what some have intimated on here. The earlier into Moyes' tenure we play them the better, as he'll still be finding his feet and the squad will still be settling into his methods. This will be his first ever home game and José will undoubtedly be smelling blood.

3.) We play a majority of the games against the top sides away from home first. Arsenal, Spurs, United, as well as Everton and Newcastle (remains to be seen how those 2 fair this season), etc. all take place on the road first before bringing them back to the Bridge in the business end of the season, which I've always preferred.

4.) In keeping with what seems to have become a tradition these past few years, we have a tough holiday period run-in. Starts off with Arsenal away on the 21st, followed by Swansea at home on Boxing Day, then Liverpool at home 2 days later, before a trip to the south coast to play Southampton away on New Years Day. Some very tough fixtures there and as we know it's often that period that decides title races. Must be focused and at our best.

5.) We've gotten a considerably favourable run-in to end the season. Akin to Arsenal's this past year which of course was hugely helpful in their quest to finish Top 4. After the March 8th derby at home to S*urs, there's only Arsenal at home 2 weeks later and Liverpool away on the 3rd to last game of the season that are big matches for the last 2 months of the season; the rest are against all mid-table or relegation sides.

5.) Final day away to a potential relegation fighter, which is never what you want. Let's hope they're either already safe or already down by the time closing day rolls around.

Well said, I certainly agree with you, except the Moyes point is a doubt edged sword. It's going to be very unpredictable. Simply because of Moyes' first home game.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:27 pm

An away game against United is never easy, but let's put it this way - if you could play them 2 games into the season while he and the team are still finding their rhythm together and acclimating to one another, in what will be his first ever game at Old Trafford, or late into the season after they've settled, found their feet, and likely built up plenty of steam?

I know which I'd rather.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Shed wrote:An away game against United is never easy, but let's put it this way - if you could play them 2 games into the season while he and the team are still finding their rhythm together and acclimating to one another, in what will be his first ever game at Old Trafford, or late into the season after they've settled, found their feet, and likely built up plenty of steam?

I know which I'd rather.

I agree, generally off form you can tell who will have the edge but I don't think form will come into play in this game. Thats what I mean.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 pm

But there won't be any "form" going into the second game of the season. That's my point.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Thats my point too. Laughing

All I am saying is it will be more unpredictable than if Sir Alex was at the helm. It could work for us or work against us!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 pm

scratch

Explain to me a scenario in which it works against us hmm
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 pm

It's Moyes first game at home, the players will want to prove a point, he could get everything right. Jose could underestimate him.

Anything could happen. It won't be your typical United, where they are always hard but generally the same difficulty.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Meh :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Love that we'll be 3 points up over united by the end of round 2. EPL 13/14 champions :bow:
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:51 pm

lszanto wrote:Love that we'll be 3 points up over united by the end of round 2. EPL 13/14 champions :bow:

Indeed :bow:

The Incredible Potless Wonder will be out of the race before it's even started :bow:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Shed wrote:
lszanto wrote:Love that we'll be 3 points up over united by the end of round 2. EPL 13/14 champions :bow:

The Incredible Potless Wonder will be out of the race before it's even started :bow:

I wonder how many united fans will still be united fans at the end of the season hmm
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:53 pm

rofl

you guys.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:54 pm

lszanto wrote:
Shed wrote:

I wonder how many united fans will still be united fans at the end of the season hmm

My guess is about half. But that may be a tad optimistic hmm

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:55 pm

I thought all United fans decided to off themselves after SAF annouced his retirement? hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Kick wrote:I thought all United fans decided to off themselves after SAF annouced his retirement? hmm

Nah some of them think they actually have a good squad and it wasn't just saf's soul selling that got them through last season.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:40 pm

The fixture list for the 2014/15 Premier League season will be announced in 5 days, on Wednesday, June 18ᵗʰ

Right, who do we want then?
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:50 pm

hmm

Only the big teams please, No minnows all season and we'll walk away with the title. :coffee:

I don't want a big team in the first 5 games actually, once the season has kicked off, then we can play them. So something like:

Leicester (h), Soton (a), Hull (h), WBA (a), Newcastle (h). Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Would take that tbh
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:57 pm

5 games which can put us in good stead for the season. Then once we're doing well and the new guys understand their roles. Then play the big teams, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, and we're much more likely to get results against them.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Though am hoping it won't be another season where we have to divide the two and dread for our lives to play any non-big team. Hopefully Costa and Fabregas and Falcao will go a long way to fixing that, as expected.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: