Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon?

+24
A c e
Swanhends
stevieg8
DeletedUser#1
BarcaLearning
RED
Arquitecto
Onyx
B-Mac
ExtremistEnigma
Grooverider
Raptorgunner
Abramovich
sbaggio
RedOranje
CBarca
Djcomplain
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
Clockwork Orange
RealGunner
Chumlum
Nishankly
Highburied
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon?

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Liverpool need to be signing quality foreign technical players. Most British players just aren't good enough. 

Also consistent results should be another thing. Last year I think it was win, lose, win lose/draw etc etc. Just need a good run of victories going.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon?

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Proud Captain Obvious Mt

The sky is blue, grass is green, and if you have a penis you are a man etc
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:34 pm

McAgger wrote:Proud Captain Obvious Mt

So is Theon Greyjoy from Game of Thrones not a man anymore? scratch
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:56 pm

KennethCole wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Oh look, a highburied thread on Liverpool with all the regulars. Rolling Eyes

Highburied who?

That would be you.

KennethCole wrote:
McAgger wrote:Why are Spurs relevant in this discussion? We want to make top 4. Spurs aren't in Top 4 Laughing

Step by step my friend.

Beat Spuds first and then talk to big boys.

Wink

You may want to check the score from Liverpool vs Tottenham at Anfield, highburied.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:
McAgger wrote:Proud Captain Obvious Mt

So is Theon Greyjoy from Game of Thrones not a man anymore? scratch

It does not say if you don't have a penis, you are not a man. It only says if you have a penis you are a man.

Reading comprehension brah.

And why the feck am I taking time to explain that? No relevance to the point I was trying to make. Mad

And why the feck did I just take time to complain about wasting time on a pointless post? Mad

And why did I just do it again? ffs Evil or Very Mad

Spoiler:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:28 am

Aside from castrations & enochs, LFC's future within 3-4 years is looking as resolute as ever. With the help of the wonderful FSG, Brendan Rodgers & experience learned from within our mistakes, it's safe to say that with the consistent gradient of progress that has been a meniscus of our season, I'm confident we'll see our clubs future into full bloom within next year, lead by a more seasoned Rodgers.

I don't even think we need a large transfer budget as I'm quite content with the current crop of players, if so.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:45 am

I agree Arqitecto. The 7 year period I proposed was the maximum limit of acclimatization I feel it would take for the players to truly embrace Brendan Rodgers philosophy and tactical instructions without second guessing and after thought.

As long as the philsophy and ideals are retained, Liverpool will dominate the English premiership in the next 2 decades. Barcelona and Spain have shown us what to do to take footballl into the year 3000.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 am

They can do it. If they can play with the mind set they do when they face a top team, on a consistent basis, they will achieve it. But that's easier said than done.

That's why it amuses how they can outplay Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs...then the following week lose to some scrub team like Villa or struggle to beat Reading etc.

It's all about mentality with LFC atm.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:19 am

Wonderfully stayed by KSA and especially Clockwork who has defined tue semantics of Rodgers project.

It's no surprise you support Rodgers since he decided to break the mould on his nascent failures by an oddessey within España and intensive research within the Dutch Arts of Football within it's most primitive blueprint, followed by the hybrid movement of philosophies to instill enough conviction within him to create his own.

It's rather impractical within a pragmatic league such as EPL, yet he has presented the tactical manuevres to navigate his way around by continual belief of the Dutch principles and his latter learnings which have made him the manager he is today.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:22 am

RED wrote:They can do it. If they can play with the mind set they do when they face a top team, on a consistent basis, they will achieve it. But that's easier said than done.

That's why it amuses how they can outplay Utd, City, Chelsea and Spurs...then the following week lose to some scrub team like Villa or struggle to beat Reading etc.

Our problems this past season were just the opposite though... we struggled to beat top sides but generally did well against the lower clubs (bar a few outliers).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:23 am

Arquitescu wrote:Wonderfully stayed by KSA and especially Clockwork who has defined tue semantics of Rodgers project.

It's no surprise you support Rodgers since he decided to break the mould on his nascent failures by an oddessey within España and intensive research within the Dutch Arts of Football within it's most primitive blueprint, followed by the hybrid movement of philosophies to instill enough conviction within him to create his own.

It's rather impractical within a pragmatic league such as EPL, yet he has presented the tactical manuevres to navigate his way around by continual belief of the Dutch principles and his latter learnings which have made him the manager he is today.

Proud
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:51 am

RedOranje wrote:
RED wrote:They can do it. If they can play with the mind set they do when they face a top team, on a consistent basis, they will achieve it. But that's easier said than done.

Our problems this past season were just the opposite though... we struggled to beat top sides but generally did well against the lower clubs (bar a few outliers).

Maybe results wise, but in terms of overall attitude and performance, there was a big difference in comparison to the way you played against the 'smaller' clubs.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:50 am

Not really, unless you're only looking at the Aston Villa, Southampton, etc games.  Plenty of times we absolutely dominated lower sides.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 am

RedOranje wrote:
KennethCole wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Oh look, a highburied thread on Liverpool with all the regulars. Rolling Eyes

Highburied who?

That would be you.

KennethCole wrote:
McAgger wrote:Why are Spurs relevant in this discussion? We want to make top 4. Spurs aren't in Top 4 Laughing

Step by step my friend.

Beat Spuds first and then talk to big boys.

Wink

You may want to check the score from Liverpool vs Tottenham at Anfield, highburied.

I did check the final table and you finished wayyyy behind Spuds. That was my point .

Also, move on, no need to be butthurt, highburied is gone.

Cheers.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Same old same old Liverpool....they have fallen behind so much over the last decade or so....its hard for them to step it up unless they continue to get lots of money to by the stars needed to elevate them to the higher level of top 4, and u would need one of the top 4 to decline....seems very unlikely.... unless Man U does that Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:23 pm

^^^ United just won the league by 11 pts...all this non sense of decline because we have a new manager now, chelsea do this every 12 months and stay in top 4. This is a multi premier league winning side, just stop this non sense, not to mention Moyes just got a average Everton team to finish above this very same Liverpool.

if anyone looks to decline its Arsenal
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:56 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:^^^ United just won the league by 11 pts...all this non sense of decline because we have a new manager now, chelsea do this every 12 months and stay in top 4. This is a multi premier league winning side, just stop this non sense, not to mention Moyes just got a average Everton team to finish above this very same Liverpool.

Arsenal ...?

Because we got rid of Squillaci?

No. I get it.

You had to come up with something, didnt you?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:04 pm

I am sorry but how are we in decline?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:05 pm

@BarcaLearning

We have won every single trophy available to WIN for Liverpool, (minus the obvious PL) in the last decade. If every decade of decline, includes winning the CL once and even more silverware, then I'd take a lot more decades of decline.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Ugh, I've been trying to avoid posting in this thread...

In the last year we've seen a moderate increase in points, a moderate increase in position in the table, commitment of ownership to managerial stability, several players previously thought poor reach greater potential (Sturridge, Coutinho, Henderson and others), a clear and consistent playing system (with a viable plan B of a counterattacking style with pace), shrewd signings of young players through a clear transfer philosophy, and strong (although not extravagant) financial backing.

Does this mean we're gonna win a title next year? Of course not.  Nothing is guaranteed in sports, and a poor run of form, a rash of injuries, or loss of major players without legitimate replacements brought in (looking at you, Suarez) would obviously set the club back.

But the foundation is there for improvement and a long run of success.  I don't see why Liverpool would need a clear decline in any of the top clubs when every single big game we played this year was competitive.  The only games in which we were played off the pitch in were lower tier games where we took our foot off the gas - Aston Villa, for example.  There were games where we were clearly the inferior team, but even those (Arsenal away, ManU home with 10 men) were draws or 1 goal losses.

Meanwhile, unlike what was implied above, we took care of business against lower sides, winning the vast majority of our games against the bottom 10, including multiple dominant wins of 5 or more goals.

IF things go right, there's no reason those draws and losses to the top teams won't turn into wins, and a good run of form will easily see us in competition for the top 4 next year.

There are a lot of "if"s in that description, absolutely.  But I'm unsure why so many people think the question this thread poses is ridiculous, or why a "7 year outlook" is laughed at (aside from the fact that no one can predict the 2020 table).  Things look good for Liverpool's future, and with good management and smart decisions, this season will be very interesting.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 pm

KennethCole wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:^^^ United just won the league by 11 pts...all this non sense of decline because we have a new manager now, chelsea do this every 12 months and stay in top 4. This is a multi premier league winning side, just stop this non sense, not to mention Moyes just got a average Everton team to finish above this very same Liverpool.

Arsenal ...?

Because we got rid of Squillaci?

No. I get it.

You had to come up with something, didnt you?

Raptorgunner wrote:I am sorry but how are we in decline?

Well you did just barely manage to keep 4th place no? You aren't exactly breaking the bank on reinvigorating the squad while other's around you continue to add and get better....fact is out of the current top 4 arsenal is doing the least amount to continue to stay there for a team who was on the brink of finishing outside of top 4....so seems fairly logical at this point Arsenal would be the team you would look at and say are vulnerable top drop out of top 4....didn't say your going to be a bloody relegation team ffs calm down.

so sensitive Arsenal fans are.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 pm

B-Mac MUFC is completely right.

We are the weakest link of the top 4. Teams will target our place and not United's or City's
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:11 pm

anything is possible with philippe coutinho jesus correia
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Swanhends wrote:anything is possible with philippe coutinho jesus correia
Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by A c e Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:B-Mac MUFC is completely right.

We are the weakest link of the top 4. Teams will target our place and not United's or City's

Aww, C'mon, where is the spirit, mate? Although it does seem like our lanky Arsene will be thrown into a Royal Rumble with 3 other managers on steroids and one mini-Mourinho (AVB) next season, I firmly believe that he will prevail (Top 4) at last. Of course, he will be pounded and hounded by the others, but this is Arsene! I definitely rate him more than any other managers, even Sir Alex. What he is doing is truly amazing. I am definitely proud of The Arsenal Way. For the time being, I am on cloud nine with being in the Top 4.

The KOP can get relegated for all I care. Laughing
A c e
A c e
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:06 am

^ then shut your trap about Arsenal and don't comment at a Liverpool section. Follow the OP, or else it's counted as derailing the thread and you may receive warnings.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next