Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon?

+24
A c e
Swanhends
stevieg8
DeletedUser#1
BarcaLearning
RED
Arquitecto
Onyx
B-Mac
ExtremistEnigma
Grooverider
Raptorgunner
Abramovich
sbaggio
RedOranje
CBarca
Djcomplain
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
Clockwork Orange
RealGunner
Chumlum
Nishankly
Highburied
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon? Empty Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon?

Post by Highburied Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:21 pm

I say yes but only if they:

1. Keep Rodgers (unless he screws up)

2. Buy a quality defender and full backs are not their best atm.

3. Change formation. I do think they need to freshen things up in terms of tactics.

4. Keep the feet on the ground. History wont necessarly wins you trophies.

Thoughts?

P.s. Spuds are a better team, unfortunately.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon? Empty Re: Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon?

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:27 pm

1. Yes, Rodgers will stay.
2. Replace Carra, Get a younger to cover the sale of Coates if he goes, Wilson etc.
3. Dont see a problem with the formation.
4. Dont see how trophies come into play.

Spurs are easily better than us, I can see us getting 5th position next season max, We cannot compete against the likes of Chelsea and City with the funding we have. They will sign Cavani, Fernandinho, Jesus Navas, While we will sign Aspas. Its the reality. Not a good example but you see what im saying.

United will be undergoing a transistion but will still be up there.

It'll take us around 3-4 years imo.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon? Empty Re: Will Liverpool FC finish Top 4 anytime soon?

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Spurs are better than Liverpool right now but I'd be surprised if it isn't Pool surging back into real trophy contention within the next few seasons, with Spurs dropping off.

There are many good young players, including ones who've come in with a lot to prove, e.g. Sturridge. Keep it steady and good things will happen again.

Horrible kits next season though. It's going to be a nightmare having to see those away & 3rd monstrosities. Mad
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 pm

It's getting harder and harder every year. We scraped past ourselves in the last 2 years somehow. But as i have been saying, liverpool are on the right track. Post January they really started to play and if they add more quality players while staying consistent. They will surely be challenging for the top 5.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Rodgers has done well so far in transfer market imo, apart from Little Joe.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:01 pm

I believe they will win the premiership within the next 7 years. Brendan Rodgers has surpassed the limitations placed on him by being born in the UK, a province devoid of any coaching or tactical achievments in the last 50 years. He has slowly introduced tactical and philosophical priniciples that have Cruijffian roots.

It is this system that allowed Suarez to finally flourish and tap into his frightening potential. It is the same philosophy at Ajax that alerted the continent of Suarezs latent potential. I have no doubt that he will one day win the balon d'or.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:16 pm

KennethCole wrote:Rodgers has done well so far in transfer market imo, apart from Little Joe.

Little Joe can still become a good player, he's pretty young and has shown the occasional glimpse of his potential. I don't know know if Liverpool is a good place for him though if he wants to be a starter. Lucas-Gerrard have the pivots spots locked down for the next 2/3 years and he can't play anywhere else. 

We'll see though, I don't mind at all having him on the team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:18 pm

And to answer the OP, if we keep a hold of Suarez this summer, get our targets that we've been strongly linked with (Papa, Eriksen, Ilori, Aspas, etc), and have an injury/suspension free campaign, I think we will definitely be in the mold for the 4th spot come the end of May.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:35 am

McAgger wrote:And to answer the OP, if we keep a hold of Suarez this summer, get our targets that we've been strongly linked with (Papa, Eriksen, Ilori, Aspas, etc), and have an injury/suspension free campaign, I think we will definitely be in the mold for the 4th spot come the end of May.
You said that last season and the season before that tbf :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Djcomplain Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:39 am

nope
Djcomplain
Djcomplain
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:44 am

At the same time McAgger as long as AVB stays (he will), Bale stays (???), and AVB gets the proper signings (a striker that can finish ffs), then Spurs are still a better team than Pool IMO. Like they are now Very Happy

Of course, if Bale leaves...however Spurs invest will lead to a whole 'nother ball game that I can't predict the outcome of.

Another surprise for Spurs is Kaboul. Missed the entirety of last season but if the guy can pick up where he left off, the pairing between him and Verts is...fantastic to say the least. Unfortunately I'm not sure that will be the case. Dawson has been good but Kaboul on his day was Tottenham's best defender consistently, provided the legend himself King wasn't playing.

Either way, I think it depends on Arsenal/Spurs. I think Liverpool are on the right path though and if they continue on this way I think they'll be getting closer to the 4th place spot. If Arsenal and Spurs continue to strengthen then they'll be fighting for it but I'm not sure if they'll reach that 4th spot.

In time we'll see.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:01 am

Oh look, a highburied thread on Liverpool with all the regulars. Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:06 am

It's still missing a sly dig at me for "supporting" two clubs. Then we'll be set Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 am

Maybe their christmas sweater reject jerseys will sicken the opposition.
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:36 am

RedOranje wrote:Oh look, a highburied thread on Liverpool with all the regulars. Rolling Eyes

Highburied who?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 am

The on-going question, will Liverpool finish in the top 4 before Arsenal will win a trophy? hmm
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Why are Spurs relevant in this discussion? We want to make top 4. Spurs aren't in Top 4 Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:12 pm

McAgger wrote:Why are Spurs relevant in this discussion? We want to make top 4. Spurs aren't in Top 4 Laughing
Thats because we always give Spurs false hope.Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:I believe they will win the premiership within the next 7 years. Brendan Rodgers has surpassed the limitations placed on him by being born in the UK, a province devoid of any coaching or tactical achievments in the last 50 years. He has slowly introduced tactical and philosophical priniciples that have Cruijffian roots.

It is this system that allowed Suarez to finally flourish and tap into his frightening potential. It is the same philosophy at Ajax that alerted the continent of Suarezs latent potential. I have no doubt that he will one day win the balon d'or.
:facepalm:
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:54 pm

McAgger wrote:Why are Spurs relevant in this discussion? We want to make top 4. Spurs aren't in Top 4 Laughing

Step by step my friend.

Beat Spuds first and then talk to big boys.

Wink
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:57 pm

So you mean Arsenal are big boys? U WOT M8
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Arsenal beating Spurs by 1 point in the last two seasons. Big boys Laughing In essence if any team passes Spuds, they are already as good as Arsenal, if not better.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 pm

if you can hold on to Suarez and some of these players you signing come good, then sure...but it will take some good business in the transfer window...no more Carroll debacle's lol

i would hate to see the list of players you could of bought for Carroll's transfer fee....:facepalm: (someone please make a list lol)
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 pm

We are done with Carrol/Downing type signings, Comolli is long gone. Rodgers doesn't have the final say in transfers anymore so there will be no more Joe Allen/Ashley Williams or other Swansea average Joe signings. 

Our new scouting team is really good from the deals we've seen so far. 

Coutinho - 8m
Sturridge - 12m

And this summer so far:
Kolo Toure - Free
Aspas - 7.6m

Kolo for free and a short contract can't possibly be a flop in any way,shape or form. Aspas will be starting in Downings spot so flopping for him is impossible, even a cone would do better than Stewie.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Liverpool need to be signing quality foreign technical players. Most British players just aren't good enough. 

Also consistent results should be another thing. Last year I think it was win, lose, win lose/draw etc etc. Just need a good run of victories going.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next