Tomwin Lannister
Luis_Suarez123
Casciavit
Valkyrja
Clockwork Orange
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Create a functional XI on current football players Empty Create a functional XI on current football players

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:51 pm

My chosen players would be based on the 343 Cruyffian formation

....................Neuer.............
....Varane.......Hummels.....Thiago Silva...
....................Busquets..............
.............Gundogan.....Xavi..............
.....Marco Reus.......Messi...........Ribery.....
........................Lewandowski..............

Neuer: A playmaking goalkeeper that is complete and has no weaknesses that he has not imposed on himself

Varane and Thiago Silva: They are fast centre backs that have the ability to operate in high lines and most importantly, have the pace to recover and track back.

Hummels: The best ball playing centreback in Europe. He is capabable of playing a similar role to Ronald Koeman. Like Koeman he is not that great a defender but has 3 players playing either side of him and in front of him to ease the defensive burden.

Busquets: He will play the deep lying playmaker role and is capable of anticipating extremely well in the teams defensive phase. He is tactically, the best midefileder in the world today and follows instructions to the very end.

Gundogan: He would be the floating playmaker that drifts forward and supports moves in the attacking phase and has great pace, so he can alwasy track back and work hard for the team. Good at passing and reading the game.

Xavi: No descroption needed. The best controller in the history of the game. I would ensure that he isn not used to the same capacity as he was used at Barcelona but still he will still be the main playmaker and the man to bail the midfield out of tight spots.

Reus and Ribery: Both are extremely hard working and unlike Cristiano Ronaldo, they make off the ball runs to create space rather than get into goal scoring positons. They are equally capable fo tracking their full backs.

Messi and Lewandowski: Messi will play of Lewandowski similar to how Goatze played off him, but will be far superior.

My team is fucntional and emphaissi has been placed on hard work and transitions. So players such as Ronaldo and Bale would never start.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Create a functional XI on current football players Empty Re: Create a functional XI on current football players

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Please critique anywhere when necessary.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Create a functional XI on current football players Empty Re: Create a functional XI on current football players

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Casillas
Lahm Varane Silva Marcelo
Gundogan Martinez
Messi Ozil Ronaldo
Ibra
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm

A 4-4-1-1 based on the teachings of higher father Arrigo Sacchi. Which was carried on by Capello who exposed the weaknesses of total voetbal and Cruyff's Barcelona's dream team, by winning 4-0 in a CL final.

Buffon
Lahm T.Silva Barzagli Criscito
Reus Martinez Gundogan Asamoah
Messi
Lewandowski

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luis_Suarez123 Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Neuer
Lahm Kompany Dante D.Alves
Schweinsteiger Iniesta
Bale Suarez C. Ronaldo
Messi

Luis_Suarez123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:16 am

Casciavit wrote:A 4-4-1-1 based on the teachings of higher father Arrigo Sacchi. Which was carried on by Capello who exposed the weaknesses of total voetbal and Cruyff's Barcelona's dream team, by winning 4-0 in a CL final.

Buffon
Lahm T.Silva Barzagli Criscito
Reus Martinez Gundogan Asamoah
Messi
Lewandowski

I am going to assume you never watched Milan under Capello. They were the most defensive team I have ever seen and were extremely rigid. They were completely different to the Michels inspired Milan that Saachi built. Capellos Milan was a rigid 442 that Louis van Gaal's Ajax tactically outclassed the season after. The true High father is Cruyff, not Saachi. So if you are going to play like Capello's Milan then you will have an extremely deep defensive line and play no offside trap. That could work, althoughI am not sure how good Barzagli would fare. Saachi's Milan would not work today as the offside law has been changed, for better or worse.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:19 am

Luis_Suarez123 wrote:
Neuer
Schweinsteiger Iniesta
Bale Suarez C. Ronaldo
Messi

Unbalanced team that would get embarrassed against every top team. Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez would all occupy the same space and Messi and Ronaldo will never be able to fucntion in the same team. Garteh Bale is not a right winger and again will drift centrally, which is where he performed aall his 'magic' this season.

Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:26 am

4-3-3

------------------------Buffon-----------------------
Lahm---------Barz-------------T.Silva--------Alaba
---------------Vidal-----Pirlo----DDR-----------
Robben----------------Ibra-------------------Ribery

Before anybody questions my Robben inclusion, it's assuming he works like he has recently for Bayern. He also obviously has a good understanding with Lahm.

Similar reason I chose Alaba. Top Full-backs are currently a rare thing, I could have picked perhaps an individually better left-back, but because this isn't about a fantasy XI I picked Alaba to partner Ribery.

I did not include Ronaldo or Messi because I don't want my team having one glaring focal point in attack. Yes Messi is a truely wonderful player, but i'm going with a 4-3-3 and personally I would like a bit of physicality and presence upfront with Ibrahimovic.

The CB's explain themselves. Vidal and Pirlo again have a great understanding, DDR compliments any midfield.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 am

The primary problem I see a team like this encountering is an inability to defend natural wingers or even simply attack inclined fullbacks. Also at the core of your shorthanded defense, you have your weakest defender and though I assume the logic is that he's the slowest and the best passer of the three, I think that simply does not work.

I think to somewhat remedy this you can replace Xavi or Gundogan with someone like Vidal who can roam defensively outside of the midfield and cover the side that Busquests can't....and then you switch Silva to the centre and replace him with another centre back of your choice. Someone like Chiellini who's had experience who is proven in both roles he needs to fulfill, would be ideal.

Also, you can pick someone better than Lewandowski.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 am

@Clockwork: There's a difference between critiquing suggested formations and just insulting the poster... find the balance or the thread will be closed.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:09 am

--Buffon--
--Lahm-- --Barzagli-- --Chiellini-- --Alaba--
--Schweinsteiger-- --Marchisio--
--Robben-- --Messi-- --Podolski--
--Higuian--

An XI consisted of many of my favorite players, which would be very well balanced. The title for best GK in the world is a tossup, but i pick Buffon for his leadership and organization. The defense i dont think needs an explanation. Schweinsteiger is the ball playing CM that also helps out Marchisio with th defensive world, while Marchisio is the defensive minded B2B who also makes late runs into the box when the team is attacking. Robben drifts inside but also provides width, Messi in a free role, Podolski can pull inward on counters and use his rocket left foot but mainly provides good width, and Higuian plays just in front of Messi like he does for Argentina.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:23 am

RedOranje wrote:@Clockwork: There's a difference between critiquing suggested formations and just insulting the poster... find the balance or the thread will be closed.

Apologies RedOranje. As always I strive to be the protagonists in this forum. I will refrain from personal insults in future. As usual your leadership and direction is much appreciated.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBĂ©ninois Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:51 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:
RedOranje wrote:@Clockwork: There's a difference between critiquing suggested formations and just insulting the poster... find the balance or the thread will be closed.

Apologies RedOranje. As always I strive to be the protagonists in this forum. I will refrain from personal insults in future. As usual your leadership and direction is much appreciated.

Man , i like the way you write .
LeBĂ©ninois
LeBĂ©ninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:01 am

Le Samourai wrote:The primary problem I see a team like this encountering is an inability to defend natural wingers or even simply attack inclined fullbacks. Also at the core of your shorthanded defense, you have your weakest defender and though I assume the logic is that he's the slowest and the best passer of the three, I think that simply does not work.

I think to somewhat remedy this you can replace Xavi or Gundogan with someone like Vidal who can roam defensively outside of the midfield and cover the side that Busquests can't....and then you switch Silva to the centre and replace him with another centre back of your choice. Someone like Chiellini who's had experience who is proven in both roles he needs to fulfill, would be ideal.

Also, you can pick someone better than Lewandowski.

Thank you for the criticism. I am still struggling to accept that you are 17 years of age as your knowledge and tactical deduction belies your age. I think Hummels is required as I need an extremely good ball playing defender. My system is a healthy balance between Louis van Gaalism and Cruijffism. Against a 4231 The wingers are marked by the two central midfielders and Messi will drop deep while Busquets will push higher up to mark the opposition midfield. I am hoping that the original press would force the opposition to clear the ball high up the filed where Silva and Varane can easily deal with the high balls. Vidal gets too advanced when he plays for Corruptus and I feel that the space would be expertly exploited by teams that play at the highest level. Lewandowski is the best link up forward in Europe at the moment, so he can drop deep into the #10 role while Messi drives forward.

The full back problem you rightly pointed out would be solved by my wingers, who I picked specifically for this purpose, as Robben adn Ribery effectively neutralised every full back they faced this season. Reus and Ribery will be given similar functions and their versatility means they can also interchange and cut it. Please critique my explanation

What forward would you put in? I could replace Xavi with Schweinsteiger as I feel that a floating controller such as Xavi would axctually lower my teams tranistions as he has done for Barcelona.

Kind regards,
Clockwork Orange.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:07 am

------------------------- VALDES ------------------------
--Alves --------PIQUE--------T.SILVA------VERTONGHEN--
----XAVI --------------BUSQUETS---------INIESTA-------
----PEDRO/ALEXIS----- MESSI------------NEYMAR--------

Current Barcelona squad with 2 defenders a World Class CB and a defensive minded Full Back and We will dominate Europe again!

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:53 am

Khaled wrote:------------------------- VALDES ------------------------

Current Barcelona squad with 2 defenders a World Class CB and a defensive minded Full Back and We will dominate Europe again!

I think Tello at RW and we'd be set. But I just love how he can annihilate keepers when he comes in from the left though.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 am

barca 2011 wrote:

I think Tello at RW and we'd be set. But I just love how he can annihilate keepers when he comes in from the left though.

Tello has improved this season.. But, with players like Messi and Neymar upfront you need players like Pedro and Alexis with great workrate...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:00 am

Khaled wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:

Tello has improved this season.. But, with players like Messi and Neymar upfront you need players like Pedro and Alexis with great workrate...
Agreed but this season workrate is the only thing those two have showed unfortunately. They also created many chances so while they do get flack for their performance, they have to finish and score plenty more than this season if they plan to keep either as a starter.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:24 am

I. Casillas (c)
A. Barzagli - S. Ramos - T. Silva
A. Vidal - B. Schweini
A. Di Maria - M. Ozil - F. Ribery
G. Higuain - K. Benzema

I've always been a fan of the 3-5-2 and this is a slightly modern variant of the same. Also, i havent included either of CR7 or Mehssi coz im a hipster eco smile eco smile

Standard 3 man defense with Ramos playing the pseudo libero role. Ive resisted the urge to include Varane coz Barzagli is a personal favourite and i think he'll do just as fine, if not better than Rafa. Thumbs up
No full backs, they are compensated by Wingers who track back on occasion. Also, Vidal is the all action midfielder to tie up any loose ends.
Ozil is the number 10, given absolute creative freedom. Up front is my most controversial choice i feel. But again, its my personal bias thats forced my hand.

I've always been a HUGE fan of strike partnerships, and i cant make a fantasy team without including my ultimate Fantasy strike partnership of Pipa and Benz. One is the quintessential South American striker with pace to burn, and the other is your typical Gallic flair player. Both are stars in their own rights, but not superstars whose egos would come in the way of their better judgement. A strike partnership made in fantasy football heaven banana banana

Also, can anyone suggest an alternate Left Winger, preferably in the Di Maria mould? I wanna say Kwadwo Asamoah, but im not entirely convinced. Thanks eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luis_Suarez123 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:
Luis_Suarez123 wrote:
Neuer
Schweinsteiger Iniesta
Bale Suarez C. Ronaldo
Messi

Unbalanced team that would get embarrassed against every top team. Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez would all occupy the same space and Messi and Ronaldo will never be able to fucntion in the same team. Garteh Bale is not a right winger and again will drift centrally, which is where he performed aall his 'magic' this season.

Mourinho is that you?

Luis_Suarez123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:51 pm

buffon
s. ramos - silva - barzagli - chiellini
busquets - alonso
bale - silva - ronaldo
Messi
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:52 pm

sorry, meant ARTURO VIDAL for David Silva
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:56 pm

I'd go with a 3-1-3-1-2

----------------------------Neuer-------------------------------
----------Koscielny---------T.Silva----------Cheillini---------
---------------------------Busquets----------------------------
-------------Xavi----------------------------Iniesta------------
Walcott------------------------Gerrard------------------------
--------------------Messi----------------------Ribery-----------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:59 pm

reus would surely make your team better no? legit goal threat
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 pm

gerrard and walcott bro?
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum