FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
39 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

PES 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: PES 2014

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Thing is both FIFA/PES implement all these little 'first touch', 'improved dribbling', 'new moves' etc etc features every year, when all they have to do is watch real life football games and make the game exactly like that. Then there'd be no need for all those features.

It's like both EA/Konami are creating their games based on what they think football is, instead of actually watching football.

It's the 2012/2013 version of both games and they aren't as realistic as they should be.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Every year they add some stupid new feature which is useless because

A) The A.I know what you're doing
B) Pace is still better for getting past people and is also much easier than timing a combination of analogue movements.
C) Most of them revolve around you having the ball closer to your feet, and shielding the ball. But you can easily screw it up for people by leaning onto them from behind, rendering it useless.

FIFA must focus on realism. So pace shouldn't dominate, and parking the bus +countering should be extremely hard to do, you need to also be rewarded for trying to play proper football. By making passing much better than it currently is.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:19 am

Which is why i don't consider Fifa realistic.

Too much pace whoring, ping pong passing ( deny it all you want it still exists) and the movements are very mechnical IMHO.

PES is the opposite as Lizard King said in his blog the ball has a realistic weight to it which means it takes more skill to ping the ball about.

Its so much harder to pace whore almost to the point where only a select few can do it in tight spaces and the defence mechanics make it so if you want to limit the space someone like Walcott has you can do it in a number ways which all seems realistic.

Last but not least the movement in PES is organic and seems real.

Even if Fifa looks realistic from a far the actual gameplay doesn't seem realistic at all to me and same goes for PES it looks arcadey but it really isn't.

Which i find funny because Fifa has all the licenses but to me is commiting to an arcade style of game which is easy to pick up and play.

While PES is doing the opposite, a game that seems arcade like right down to its menus but is hard to master and takes more skill with lots of realism with its gameplay and tactics.

Neither one really commit to one style all the way IMO.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:35 am

I remember when switching over to Fifa when Pes started being piss, I was really shocked how well I could pass the ball as Gattuso lol

I just find it interesting that everyone (it seems) agree that when PES tried to be more realistic, taking away the full control you had with the star players, people left it. When I played with Kaka and Ronaldinho, it really felt like I was controlling them at their very best, dribbling and scoring out of my arse. Proud

Adriano had 99 shot power, and could score from anywhere, and Ibra could really dribble like he did in that clip from his early Ajax - days. It was just superior fun to that of Fifa, period!

PLZ, give back complete control over the star players like back in the days! (one could say that Ronaldo and Messi still gives you insane control though, but the gap has been too much, so that tards only play with Barca or Madrid online in the last couple of years Crying or Very sad ...)

Better balancing for online teams too.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:22 am

Yeah Mole's right about PES being more organic. Gameplay has that rough edge of realism that FIFA definitely lacks.

Dribbling is way harder too, and rightfully so I'd say.

Still, despite all this, we're faced with the same complaint of shitty online gameplay, lack of licenses and other features. Which makes you wonder what would happen if PES just slightly improved on their online offerings ( the licensing thing is out of their hand, as long as FIFA hold exclusivity ).

Personally, I don't play online much ( downside of piracy ) but it would be a definitive step forward for PES.

Also, timing the release would be crucial. It wouldn't exactly be wise to release the game AFTER Fifa.

All this talk has nearly convinced me to pick up PES 13 again ( upside of piracy )
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:24 am

I must mention i never play online so i don't know what the experience is like Laughing

I only play against the computer or locally against mates before going out on weekends etc etc.

I somewhat understand where you are coming from though although i think most of the players in the game are realistic to what they are in real life.

I feel in control as much i think i should be able to do so.

Ribery and Robben i can obviously dribble the f*ck outta the opposition if they give me space just like the good old days but difference is i can't beast a team with Lampard like you could back then lol.

Although his shots are lethal lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:29 am

The only thing that I hate about PES are the animations ... everything from passing to shooting to running just looks terrible in my eyes , that's really a game breaker for me ... they feel like trees seriously . I played a lot of PES in my days before switching to FIFA totally ... but now I won't play either game because they aren't even trying to improve ...

Hopefully the fact that PES changed engines is going to bring something new to the table ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:20 pm

I agree completely about the animations hopefully the new engine helps fixes that.

Don't agree PES are not trying to improve there is been massive strides in last 3 years.

Wasn't hard tbf Laughing but the improvement is there all the same.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Look like players that are suffering from uroboros
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:45 am

The PES AI is GOAT.. I actually love playing the CPU, can't say the same about FIFA.. Last time I played manager mode was in like FIFA '09, and that was mostly when I had no access to the Internet Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Swagg wrote:The PES AI is GOAT.. I actually love playing the CPU, can't say the same about FIFA.. Last time I played manager mode was in like FIFA '09, and that was mostly when I had no access to the Internet Laughing

Tis true, at least in some aspects.

There are faults with its AI though, many times i have tried to control a player and he doesn't move or they are slow to react to passes in behind them.

In the main the AI is fantastic but there are faults which i hope are ironed out with the new engine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:17 pm

PES 2014 - Page 2 PS3_PES2014_Mock-PackShot_1280-610x762

Konami has declared that PES 2014 will "mark a new beginning for the popular series".

A press release declares aspect of the game has been "totally reworked, throwing off the shackles of previous limitations and allowing the PES Production team to produce a game much closer to their vision of recreating the excitement and variety of a top-level match."

Powered by the Fox Engine, the game rests upon six key features:

TrueBall Tech: this allows players to control the ball using the analogue stick with "detailed barycentric physics determining the weight shift of the player" – what does that mean? Very basically, you'll be able to control how a player receives a pass and how they subsequently control the ball, allowing you to chest or knock the ball into space pass an opponent.

Motion Animation Stability System: things are getting physical in PES 2014. Players will now interact with greater physicality – the outcome of tussles and challenges will depend upon the physical qualities of individual players. There are more types of tackle, too.

Heart: the atmosphere is also a big focus for the new instalment, with the game aiming to recreate the effect a home advantage has on a team. Players now have mental attributes in addition to physical stats – if they're having a bad game, their head might drop. Teammates might even try to pick him up.

PES ID: A lot more players will now have immediately identifiable running and playing styles. PES 2013 featured 50 players using this system, but PES 2014 will boasts twice as many players identifiable by their playing style.

Team Play: Different tactics can be deployed in different areas of the pitch, using as little as three players. It sounds like a way of using very specific tactics in different parts of the pitch, exploiting weaknesses in the opposition's team.

Core: this is the basis of PES, and covers all those small tweaks and improvements that have been made, from free kicks and penalties to the flow of matches. It sounds like a lot of fine tuning has been done.

This is all in addition to the recently-announced inclusion of the Asia Champions League, which complements the franchise's long-standing licensing of the UEFA Champions League.

It's clear a lot of this progression is being attributed to the use of the Fox Engine. “Thinking outside the box on an annual series such as PES is not easy,” said Creative Producer Kei Masuda, “but the Fox Engine has allowed us to develop such a level of freedom that we are constantly realising ways of making PES 2014 a true representation of football."

PES 2014 will be released sometime in 2013 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC and PSP.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Sounds great, can't wait to see some gameplay.

On a side note it seems they are not focusing on next gen yet hmm

Also i found the full press release if anyone wants to read it as Pedram seemed to just pick the important parts Razz

PES 2014: The Dawn of a New Era

KONAMI looks to the future as it reveals new PES series powered by Fox Engine

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has revealed that its forthcoming PES 2014 title will mark a new beginning for the popular series, with an all-new engine allowing for the most comprehensive advance for the PES range since its inception.

The PES Productions Team based in Tokyo have been developing a new approach to football for four years and can now confirm their new system uses Kojima Production’s renowned Fox Engine at its core. The team have extended and enhanced Fox Engine to match the bespoke and complex demands of a football title.

Based on six founding standards, the new system has allowed every aspect of PES 2014 to be totally reworked, throwing off the shackles of previous limitations and allowing the PES Productions team to produce a game much closer to their vision of recreating the excitement and variety of a top-level match. The central theme of fluidity is based on the constant moving of players and switching positions which characterises the modern approach to football. PES Productions have looked at how matches ebb and flow, with player individuality key to a team’s success, and well-drilled tactics helping underdogs produce giant-killing feats.

Working from the ground up, PES Productions have strived to rework every element of play, creating a fresh and energetic new standard for football titles. In addition to noticeably improved graphics and seamless animation, the thrust of the new system’s power has been used to redefine the way football is played on a home system. Gone are the limitations imposed by dated animation systems and AI elements, and instead PES 2014 boasts a central core that perfectly mimics the skill and awareness that elevates the world’s greatest players above their peers.

Six central tenets combine to establish PES 2014 as a new benchmark in football simulations, governing everything from the way the player receives and controls the ball, the physicality of play, and the ‘feel’ of match-day: the rush and euphoria or crushing lows that experiencing an important games can bring. As such, the key pillars on which PES 2014 is based are:

· True B all Tech: For the first time in a football simulation, PES 2014 centres everything on the ball: how it moves, and how players use it. First touch and sublime control are what set certain players apart from others. The ability to not only read a pass, but to be one step ahead and to know what is needed to gain yards on an encroaching defender. TrueBall Tech allows the player to trap or knock on a pass using the analogue stick with detailed barycentric physics determining the weight shift of the player and the height and speed of the pass, as to how the player’s body will automatically shape to receive it.

Thus, the player has total control in determining how their body is angled to receive a pass, whereas previous football titles present the user with scant options. Instead, TrueBall Tech means that it can be chested or nodded past an opponent, flicked into space or to a team mate, while closer dribbling control is a much more personal attribute in the new game.

The PES series has long since treated the ball as an individual entity, allowing the player huge amounts of freedom to pass into space, run on to a knocked-on counter, or produced short triangular passes to make space. TrueBall Tech adds even more freedom, with the player’s movements worked around those of the ball and, unlike any other football title, as opposed to the other way round. Players will be able to truly control the free-moving ball, use its pace or alter its movement to master close control in PES 2014.

The result is a game that offers full 360-degree, two-footed control within several yards around the player. In addition to steering the ball with subtle movements, there is the ability to shield the ball from opposing players, use deft controls to wrong-foot them, and intuitive methods to master close control.

· Motion Animation Stability System (M.A.S.S.): The physical combat between players is a vital part of any match, and the new M.A.S.S. component simulates the bodily contact between multiple players within bespoke animations that segue seamlessly into each other. Rather than a series of preset animations that occur under specific circumstances, M.A.S.S. acts instantly to any situation, with the reaction of a fouled player entirely dependent on the direction and force with which they are tackled. Dependent on factors such as their size and power, players will stumble but instantly recover if clipped, barge others off the ball, and use their stature to block players from possession. Similarly, PES 2014 now has more styles of tackle, as opposed to basic foot in or sliding types.

Tackling also becomes more integral to PES 2014’s quest for realism, with clashes of players utilising the TrueBall physics to ensure the ball reacts as it would in a real game. As players fight for a 50-50 ball, their result challenge will see the ball bobbling into space, or emerging at the feet of the triumphant player.

The integration of the M.A.S.S. element has also facilitated new advances in one-on-one situations. The individual battles between key players can determine the outcome of a match, so particular emphasis has been made on such battles in PES 2014. Defenders will put greater pressure on the attacking player, by tussling for possession, standing back to restrict passing opportunities, or making the tackle. Likewise, attackers are faced with ether trying to outpace the defender while retaining possession, feinting to gain advantage, or passing, dribbling or shooting when space allows. The result allows for incredibly open games, where the attributes and skills of the players come to the fore in personal feuds all over the pitch.

· Heart: Defining what makes football so engrossing is difficult. It isn’t a technical thing, but more an emotional hook. Matches can be imposing for visiting teams, as home support barracks the opposition, and acts as the infamous ‘twelfth man’ by cheering their side on. PES 2014’s ‘Heart aims to recreate the effects of team support, both on an individual player basis and across the entire team.

Each player in the game now employs mental attributes in addition to playing styles and skills, and can be adversely affected when having a poor game. However, if an individual is not playing well, his team mates can rally round and will work to support him. Similarly, one moment of individual brilliance can produce a galvanising effect on team mates. The cauldron effect of a vibrant stadium will showcase the mood of the fans, with all-new sound effects combining with stunning AI systems to create a palpable match day atmosphere.

· PES ID: PES 2013 set a new bar for realism, with its inclusion of the Player ID system. For the first time, players could instantly recognise a player by their faithfully recreated running and play styles. The way a player ran, moved and spread the ball about would be identical to that of their real-life counterpart, and PES 2013 featured 50 players that utilised the system.

For PES 2014, that number will be greatly expanded, with twice as many stars featuring bespoke animations and AI.

· Team Play: Via the new game’s innovative Combination Play users can set up a variety of different tactics in key areas of the pitch using three or more players. These players will make very different off-the-ball runs to exploit holes in the defence or midfield, using the flanks, curved runs, or overlapping play to make themselves available. These moves can be preset to key areas of the field, allowing users to exploit defensive weaknesses beforehand.

· The Core: PES Productions have undertaken several years of consultation with PES and football fans to reproduce key elements of the series and implement a wide range of additional improvements.

Visually, the game will benefit from an incredible level of acuity, from the weave of the kits, through to facial movement, and a new animation process that offers slick segues from one move to the next, with no pauses or restrictions on control. Stadia will be faithful to real-life, with the entrances to the pitches recreated, crowds that move during the course of the game The new system also allows for a new light-mapping effect, adding a natural look to the proceedings. The flow of a match has also been improved, with tactical decisions made on the fly, and the removal of cut scenes after specific events.

Free kicks and penalties have also been radically changed. Control over free kicks has been expanded with decoy runs added and short passes now unrestricted. To counter, players can now move the position of their keeper for the kick, while the wall will react to the kick instinctively to block or deflect the ball.

Penalties now use a target guide that is changed according to the kicker’s ability and where they intend to place the ball. The goal keeper can now opt to move ahead of the kick, sensing when the penalty taker is not particularly strong.

PES 2014 will also mark the first appearance of the recently-signed Asia Champions League, adding a wealth of officially licensed clubs to the competition; and the new game will also exclusively retain its use of the UEFA Champions League club competition, with other tournaments expected to be announced shortly.

Further details of PES 2014’s content – including all-new online elements – will follow, but the new game represents a quantum leap from what football fans have been used to.

“Thinking outside the box on an annual series such as PES is not easy,” explained Creative Producer Kei Masuda, “but the Fox Engine has allowed us to develop such a level of freedom that we are constantly realising ways of making PES 2014 a true representation of football. From the moment football fans pick up the controller and experiment with the close control, player movement and get to know how teams work and move, we are confident that they will see a game no longer limited by technology, but capable of growing with them and constantly surprising with the breath-taking quality they have to come to expect from the real thing.”

“All the materials we’re releasing are taken from current platforms and fully in-game, which is at about 70% completion,” he added. “We want fans to get a true feeling of the actual product they’ll be playing on the consoles most own this year, not some marketing dream. Our new engine and systems are dedicated to the current generation of platforms, which will continue to be dominant in the market, but are fully scalable for future versions.”

PES 2014 will be released in 2013 on PlayStation®️3, Xbox 360®️, Windows PC and PSP®️(PlayStation®️Portable).
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:10 pm

the screenshots with the stadium in the back look great, love the sound of a football revolution. i hoe it comes together well and they can fix their online play
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Lots of people butthurt at lack of next gen version right now.

But i do understand their motive tbh, current gen has a massive install base and lets face it how many people are going to buy PS4/Xbone over the holiday period to make it worth while?

I would much rather them concentrate on making a good game than force out a next gen port like they did with PES 6 back in the day for 360.

Then fully concentrate on next gen next year when the install base will much bigger, i for one don't plan on buying a new console until next summer at the very earliest so doesn't bother me at all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:03 pm

yeah i understand them as well, where they are, they are better off releasing a very good product than an half baked one. they are spending a lot of time and resources on redesigning their game, so the lesson they learn from this year's version will be applied to next year's iteration and it will be a true next gen game, not a make shift. i remember how EA jumped on his current gen with fifa in 06, my pes6 was still miles and miles and miles a better game.

personally i dont even know when i will get a new gen console, gta 5 and other games will keep me busy till next year, and then we will see. and i am sure a lot of people think like me so they shouldnt be bothered imo, if their pes2014 is massive it will only get people excited for 2015
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:13 pm

PES 2014 - Page 2 BL8GEOfCAAAtVuU
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:47 pm

The PES Ribery's hair is too flat, ear is a bit too wide from the top, scar is a bit different, nose is a bit bent and the chin doesn't look right. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:The PES Ribery's hair is too flat, ear is a bit too wide from the top, scar is a bit different, nose is a bit bent and the chin doesn't look right. :coffee:

It is current gen tbf :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarillaDirecta Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Well considering that i myself plan to get a new generation console soon, despite the reasoning behind the wait, i am disappointed to have to wait another year to play PES because i finally wanted to give it a proper try and judgement. Maybe i would have gotten it for my current generation console but considering i have to bang it hard with my fist every time i put a different disc in for it to play, not worth it. My console is on its final stretch at this point and i cant wait till i get rid of it actually. Maybe i could buy the game on demand but it would take time for it to be there...Hopefully GTA 5 is available on PS4 someway, its the only other game id give a glance to current gen.

A bite i will always have with konami ( and maybe other japanese titles albeit i dont pay attention to them) is that the menus and the graphics have that arcade/japanese look to them. I Despise them with a passion.

Last game i had from konami was virtua tennis 3 and its horrendous, PES has been the same as far as ive seen in the demos.
AmarillaDirecta
AmarillaDirecta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:46 pm

One thing i hope they have added is the ability to upload your replays to the internet.

How they haven't added this yet in 2 thousand and f*cking 13 is getting beyond a joke now.

I saved a replay while playing as Real Madrid with Ozil wrecking Kompany with simple off the ball movement and when i mean wrecking i mean WRECKING as just an example of how good the AI is when it comes to intelligent movement.

And i can't even upload it :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:11 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarillaDirecta Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Well i finally played the PES 2013 Demo yesterday and i think i can say i liked it.

A problem for me though was that i put it in super star difficulty to see how id fare if i tried to implement the fifa control scheme as soon as i started and as it turns out it dissapointed me how easy it was...I never really scored more than 2 goals because i suppose i still need to learn more, with the correct control scheme but at no point did they really pose much threat to me ( the AI) and it was disappointing. I saw no high pressing, i could pass the ball rather easily in the back all to frequently, and i was playing as madrid and never did barcelona or bayern impose their games on me...

I also dont like the animation for some shots, but my main gripe is that its hardest difficulty seems to easy, and when i played it with the fifa control scheme it looked to me like fifa a bit slower but with improved passing ability ( too easy maybe). Also , i barely put my hands on the game and everytime i was near the box and shot i only missed by a little bit, in fifa i usually have a harder time...

I dont know it looks like i could really like it but then again it looks like its not uniquely good enough for me to give it time..

EDIT: yep i just played a super star game of pes against barcelona and easily hed 60 + possesion of the ball while scoring two wonder goal screamers with khedira.

Doesnt leave a great impression on me.
AmarillaDirecta
AmarillaDirecta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:02 pm

If you want a challenge, u play online. End of story.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Eivindo wrote:If you want a challenge, u play online. End of story.

Exactly.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by AmarillaDirecta Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:05 pm

No thats not a proper excuse when playing this game. An alternative, but not a proper excuse.

If i want to play single player and i dont feel that the game plays how it should it is going to be a let down none the less.

When i play fifa against barcelona, despite trying to hold possession my self, they seem ruthless with possession specially if compared to what barcelona looks like in the demo i played.

One thing is that despite my gripe with the "easiness" of the passing in pes, and some ridiculous shots guys like khedira can pull off, i really liked the feel to it, it was alright, and right now that im playing fifa, i feel an itch to go to the pes demo, fifa feels a bit "solid" when moving the players and the ball, a bit less fluid to me right now.
AmarillaDirecta
AmarillaDirecta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next