If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

+67
Donuts
aleumdance
Chumlum
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Arquitecto
elm_baraja_shaman
djoe26
The Franchise
The_Badger
Raptorgunner
Firenze
Ganso
Albiceleste
El Gunner
Adit
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Clandestino
lenear1030
futbol
LeBéninois
danyjr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
TheRedStag
M99
urbaNRoots
benedictor
Helmer
Lupi
Twoism
S
REWB
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
donttreadonred
Gil
halamadrid2
Highburied
fatman123
FennecFox7
Clockwork Orange
RedOranje
Arsenalfaithfull
Djcomplain
stevieg8
Eivindo
Grooverider
guest7
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Zealous
RealGunner
McAgger
mr-r34
Art Morte
Tomwin Lannister
Nishankly
jibers
sportsczy
Lex
Mr Nick09
Onyx
71 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 32 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:08 am

Ah hadn't heard that. My bad, ignore me Thumbs up

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 32 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by REWB Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:12 am

something-red wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:With all that said I don't think we'll be signing Costa anymore, interest seems to have cooled, although I could be wrong on that.  But the deal never had anything to do with Suarez staying or leaving, he would fit into our lineup (as something-red and RedO mentioned above) either way.
The move stalled because of Ath. Madrid's pre-season tour.
err what? i heard the move stalled because he wanted to stay at atletico and play in the CL, now that falcao is gone he feels like he can be the main man.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:15 am

There was one quote from him saying he was happy and didn't want to go anywhere, could mean anything. It's possible he actually doesn't want to leave, or it's possible that it's a part of negotiations. Either way, I have no idea and wouldn't say he's coming or not, the quote didn't mean much to me.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:25 am

I'm certain Barrett, or another close source to the club, came out and said it was stalled because they were on their pre-season tour.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:31 am

something-red wrote:I'm certain Barrett, or another close source to the club, came out and said it was stalled because they were on their pre-season tour.
While Barrett does tend to have fairly accurate information regarding LFC, I wouldn't be too ready to take his word on what's going on with players or other clubs. His focus is the Merseyside area and Liverpool in particular so he has some contacts and sources. Outside of that though it's a bit more of a crapshoot. He may be hearing that the deal is stalled due to the tour from someone close to LFC because LFC believe that, but that doesn't mean that Atleti or the player are actually interested in a deal.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:35 am

We could sign him how we signed Aspas, no? Celta wanted Aspas to stay but didn't have much to do with the transfer to us as there was a buy out clause.

The reason we offered 20m or 22m was to activate Costa's release cause. We'll find out in due time.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:41 am

McAgger wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:my only hope is he shall play all remaining 32 matches

The Capital One Cup counts towards his ban cheers Lamela next season for Suarez money when we are in CL Proud
What if Roma are in the CL next year ? Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:51 am

Two bridges have been burned. One to Arsenal by John Henry another by Suarez to Anfield.

What now for him?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:55 am

Basically a Tevez, Higuain or Lisandro Lopez type year for Suarez at Liverpool if he stays i'm afraid...  with players that depend so much on emotion to boost their performance, being emotionally detached a bit kills them.

Bad situation for Liverpool.  It's lose-lose for them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:57 am

Adit wrote:What now for him?
He stays at Liverpool, gets banished to the reserves for the season, Liverpool finish 8th, Suarez wastes another year of his career not playing CL football and gets sold to us next summer for £20 million
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:59 am

^ you forgot adding.....I go back to call him a "racist canniball disgrace" , until next summer

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Lex wrote:
He stays at Liverpool, gets banished to the reserves for the season, Liverpool finish 8th, Suarez wastes another year of his career not playing CL football and gets sold to us next summer for £20 million
we'd probably want to drop the price down to 15million Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Who wants a bet that there will be a "family emergency" for Suarez that will "force" him to go back to Uruguay to handle...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:07 pm

The best thing is, Uruguay won't even qualify for WC.

Poor Luisito...keep crying. I'll get you a tissue (and one for Lex too)

Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:15 pm

something-red wrote:
The_Badger wrote:
Lex wrote:So what's exactly changed? The owners/Rodgers/his cat have all said the same thing over and over again
Lots. Liverpool fans were defiant he wasn't leaving, then they said he was when he came out in the press and said Brenton promised he could leave, now they're assuring everyone he won't be leaving after Werner's comments. It's full of twists and turns this saga. I predict there'll be deadline day shenanigans with Suarez spotted in about a dozen different European airports. Laughing
Have you read ANYTHING in this thread?

Every Liverpool fan said from the start if Madrid or another foreign club came in he would be gone, he wouldn't be sold to another domestic team. We were NEVER going to sell to Arsenal.

I've read all the back tracking to save face. It's understandable, but you can't really deny it.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Lex wrote:
I wonder if he has clause in his contract stipulating he has to play a certain percentage of first team games. Reserves would be funny, but even Brenton isn't that stupid to banish the one thing that is practically carrying them.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:25 pm

The_Badger wrote:
Lex wrote:
I wonder if he has clause in his contract stipulating he has to play a certain percentage of first team games. Reserves would be funny, but even Brenton isn't that stupid to banish the one thing that is practically carrying them.
39% win percentage with Suarez

68% win percentage without Suarez

that carrying Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Lex wrote:
New scenarios will pop up next summer if thats the case.Barca,Madrid and Bayern possibly PSG too could show their interest in him which could prove to be a difficult situation for you..Its not like he's begging to play for Arsenal is he ? :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Is that under Brenton in charge?

And how many games for Liverpool did he not play in last season and who were the opponent?

Off the top of my head I can think of aabout half a dozen games his goals have rescued a draw from defeat or a win from a draw.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Lex wrote:
that unbelievable delusion, from the past records everyone would want to leave arsenal to go somewhere else but suarez wants to join Arsenal,aehe!!!!
Also i hope suarez understands that with liverpool he could win at least a micky mouse cup, at asenal he wont even win emirates cup. So I am sure next summer the situation will be different with him, lot of other non English clubs may be interested in him.
Probably he will regret everything, when he comes to know that arsenal have failed to overcome fenerbache.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:45 pm

If he actually does want to join Arsenal it speaks volumes about what he thinks of Liverpool and the direction they club are heading in. You scoff at Arsenal, but they've played CL football and reached the knock out stages, at the very least, for quite some while now.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Yea. Suarez must be dreaming of playing 8 CL games a year (max Arsenal do all the time), 2 of them vs. Olympiacos, 2 from some other obscure eastern european, and 2 vs. Schalke.

UTOPIA !!!!!!

THAT CHAMPIONS LEAGUE !!!!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Yea. Suarez must be dreaming of playing 8 CL games a year (max Arsenal do all the time), 2 of them vs. Olympiacos, 2 from some other obscure eastern european, and 2 vs. Schalke.

UTOPIA !!!!!!

May be he was more considering the league stats. Arsenal is a 3rd /4th best team in last 4 years and liverpool's best was 6th place in that time. He has good reasons...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Yea. Suarez must be dreaming of playing 8 CL games a year (max Arsenal do all the time), 2 of them vs. Olympiacos, 2 from some other obscure eastern european, and 2 vs. Schalke.

UTOPIA !!!!!!

Again; scoff at Arsenal all you want, it speaks volumes about Liverpool that Suarez prefers playing for them than you. rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:45 pm

The_Badger wrote:

UTOPIA !!!!!!

Again; scoff at Arsenal all you want, it speaks volumes about Liverpool that Suarez prefers playing for them than you. rofl
Of course he does. but that's because not a single decent club want a racist cannibal in their team, at any cost.

He's not going there anyways, so no point discussion. I see your warning level is already on half by the way Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
The_Badger wrote:

UTOPIA !!!!!!

Of course he does. but that's because not a single decent club want a racist cannibal in their team, at any cost.

He's not going there anyways, so no point discussion. I see your warning level is already on half by the way Laughing
I agree; Liverpool aren't a decent club. rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next