If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

+67
Donuts
aleumdance
Chumlum
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Arquitecto
elm_baraja_shaman
djoe26
The Franchise
The_Badger
Raptorgunner
Firenze
Ganso
Albiceleste
El Gunner
Adit
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Clandestino
lenear1030
futbol
LeBéninois
danyjr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
TheRedStag
M99
urbaNRoots
benedictor
Helmer
Lupi
Twoism
S
REWB
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
donttreadonred
Gil
halamadrid2
Highburied
fatman123
FennecFox7
Clockwork Orange
RedOranje
Arsenalfaithfull
Djcomplain
stevieg8
Eivindo
Grooverider
guest7
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Zealous
RealGunner
McAgger
mr-r34
Art Morte
Tomwin Lannister
Nishankly
jibers
sportsczy
Lex
Mr Nick09
Onyx
71 posters

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 31 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:59 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:After kissing the badge on T.V "Liverpool tried to force me out. But I said no, I said that I will fight until my last breath for the club, whether the management like it or not."

*Kisses a baby on the forehead, signs a few shirts for underprivillaged kids and donates £20 to an animal charity*

:bow:

Hero.
Laughing

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 31 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by Lex Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:02 am

So what's exactly changed? The owners/Rodgers/his cat have all said the same thing over and over again
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:04 am

If at the end of the transfer market Real shows up and put money on the table, would Henry take it?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 am

Lex wrote:So what's exactly changed? The owners/Rodgers/his cat have all said the same thing over and over again
Lots. Liverpool fans were defiant he wasn't leaving, then they said he was when he came out in the press and said Brenton promised he could leave, now they're assuring everyone he won't be leaving after Werner's comments. It's full of twists and turns this saga. I predict there'll be deadline day shenanigans with Suarez spotted in about a dozen different European airports. Laughing

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:40 am

Well turns out Pools fans had this right all along. Hope we are never involved in a shithole transfer saga ever again. Next summer just sell him on July 1st.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:00 am

The_Badger wrote:
Lex wrote:So what's exactly changed? The owners/Rodgers/his cat have all said the same thing over and over again
Lots. Liverpool fans were defiant he wasn't leaving, then they said he was when he came out in the press and said Brenton promised he could leave, now they're assuring everyone he won't be leaving after Werner's comments. It's full of twists and turns this saga. I predict there'll be deadline day shenanigans with Suarez spotted in about a dozen different European airports. Laughing
Have you read ANYTHING in this thread?

Every Liverpool fan said from the start if Madrid or another foreign club came in he would be gone, he wouldn't be sold to another domestic team. We were NEVER going to sell to Arsenal.

@ Nick: We won't sell Suarez for any fee we valued at him at now. It'd take a 60m+ bid to make us consider as there's no one in the market anymore. The owners are playing it safe from what happened with the Torres / Carroll deal. He'll be in the market next summer. We're looking at Diego Costa, to improve the squad and keep Suarez, not to replace Luis before someone bumps this thread if we sign Costa.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:03 am

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/365599364233703424

HAHAHAHAHA. Sucked in. Agent Luisito. Proud

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:04 am

22 days remaining mon ami
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:05 am

you are not going to sign Diego Costa on top of Suarez staying at the club, not happening
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:06 am

Still optimistic, eh? Sad

He won't be going to Arsenal.

You've already missed out on Higgy, you were never going to get Luis, you guys seem persistent in wasting your time. Maybe it's for the board to show the fans the intent is quite there, but you guys really don't want to spend? hmm 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:06 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:you are not going to sign Diego Costa on top of Suarez staying at the club, not happening
Why not?

You are aware out net spend as of now is 0, right? We have a 25m budget.

We were prepared to buy Mkhitaryan before Dortmund stole him from us. Sad

We have money to spend, we don't need to sell Luis to fund the deal.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 am

it's not about money, you clearly have money, but seems to me that you are overloading a position. in any case, i should ask, what formation do you play nowadays?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:16 am

If we get Costa, we'd line up like this:

Sturridge
Costa -------- Suarez
Coutinho
Lucas Gerrard
back 5

Some sort of 4231/433 where movement is key.

Costa will take Coutinho's spot on the left wing to cut in and shoot.
Coutinho will link midfield to attack and create.
Suarez and Sturridge will be interchanging.
Aspas, Sterling, Borini, Ibe as depth in the final third. (I may be missing someone...)
Henderson, Allen and Luis Alberto depth in midfield.

Looks good on paper, just hope it works on the pitch.

I still prefer signing Eriksen and leaving Coutinho on the left hand side.

This whole window we've been trying to get 2 players for every position. We've sort of done that. Now we just need to improve the initial starting XI.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:20 am

you want to spend 25 millions on Costa and play him inside left? what?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:22 am

It's around 20m. And I'm not the manager. That's me speculating on if we do get him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:23 am

Well, Suarez is no longer for sale at all. Prior to Henry's comments it was widely accepted/believed that a bid in the region of £50-55m plus a transfer request would see Suarez off to any continental club that came it. Now that's off the table.

What's changed in the Liverpool-Suarez-Arsenal theater? Absolutely nothing.
As I (& LFC supporters) said when it started: Liverpool would not sell Suarez to Arsenal.
As I (& LFC supporters) said when Arsenal bid: Liverpool would not sell Suarez to Arsenal.
As I (& LFC supporters) said when Arsenal attempted to activate the supposed clause (and most ignored/argued against): Liverpool will not sell Suarez to Arsenal, and were only made more defiant by the bid.
As I (& LFC supporters) said when Suarez threatened legal action and claimed there was a clause & promise: Liverpool are not obligated and would not sell Suarez to Arsenal (which, notably, was AGAIN argued and ignored... by some of the very same acting like this was never a saga to begin with now).

The only thing that's changed since the beginning is that the certainty of the apparent outcome became stronger by the very actions that many non-LFC fans (Arsenal and others) claimed were moving it in the opposite direction. The people most vociferously now claiming that nothing's changed with this comment are some of the very same ones arguing not a week ago that Rodgers' comments and the stance of LFC fans was wrong and that the situation WAS changing.

Spoiler:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:25 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:you want to spend 25 millions on Costa and play him inside left? what?
Costa himself said he doesn't like playing up top because he doesn't get enough of the ball. He likes it more to play on the wing or behind a striker.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:26 am

Having said that I hope to god we don't buy him
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:27 am

RealGunner wrote:22 days remaining mon ami
Ever the optimist RG

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:27 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:it's not about money, you clearly have money, but seems to me that you are overloading a position. in any case, i should ask, what formation do you play nowadays?
Rodgers specifically wants more goals (and more goal threats) from other players beyond Suarez and Sturridge in the starting XI.  Mkhitaryan was targeted to offer that from midfield.  When that signing fell through he moved on to another player with a different style and position, who also happens to be a versatile attacking player (Costa can play across the forward line) who can add goals.  Costa will offer the forward line a stronger, more aerially powerful presence while still fitting into the basic style the manager is looking to instil.

For better or worse, this is why we're not targeting Eriksen and others like him.  Rodgers isn't looking for a CAM specifically, or a CF specifically, or a particularly creative player at all... he wants anotherm different type of goal threat in the final third.  We don't all agree with that approach but then we don't all have control over the club's business on and/or off the pitch.

Last edited by RedOranje on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:28 am

RedO

:bow:

I still can't believe they stalled on Higgy in an attempt to get Suarez. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:29 am

McAgger wrote:
RealGunner wrote:22 days remaining mon ami
Ever the optimist RG

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/
To be fair, neither have Liverpool really. A couple of million in the red with Mignolet's signing, perhaps; but that could all be negated by moving on Spearing and (maybe) Downing, or an influx of cash from any Ince move. And that's not even considering the wages cut with the exits of Carroll and Reina.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:41 am

both man utd arsenal and liverpool havent spent much, just spurs really
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 am

With all that said I don't think we'll be signing Costa anymore, interest seems to have cooled, although I could be wrong on that. But the deal never had anything to do with Suarez staying or leaving, he would fit into our lineup (as something-red and RedO mentioned above) either way.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:43 am

stevieg8 wrote:With all that said I don't think we'll be signing Costa anymore, interest seems to have cooled, although I could be wrong on that.  But the deal never had anything to do with Suarez staying or leaving, he would fit into our lineup (as something-red and RedO mentioned above) either way.
The move stalled because of Ath. Madrid's pre-season tour.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:08 am

Ah hadn't heard that. My bad, ignore me Thumbs up
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next