what is the most attractive club to play for atm?

+17
AmarillaDirecta
Cotes
RealGunner
la bestia negra
Tomwin Lannister
Arquitecto
Lex
VivaStPauli
Juveman17
Gil
billy_gr
fatman123
Kick
Kaladin
sportsczy
jibers
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what is the most attractive club to play for atm? Empty what is the most attractive club to play for atm?

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 12:49 pm

If you were going to be a starter and get ample game time? Give clubs and your reasons

It would have to be Bayern Munchen for me - Best squad, Potential to win the Bundesliga, good shot at winning the CL more than every team in Europe atm.

Manchester United - Nope, Fergie just left, half their attraction is gone.

Real Madrid - Farcicaly run club and lacks no structure, No chance of any trophies bar the copa.

Barcelona - Ostracised by Messi and might not adapt to their style, La liga guaranteed though.

Chelsea - Hot shot run club, Lampard and Terry run the dressing room and u could get benched despite form.

Dortmund - too little cash so nope

PSG - Guaranteed ligue 1 and can be used as a stepping stone to bigger clubs, guaranteed
£££ though.

will add more when I can be arsed
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

what is the most attractive club to play for atm? Empty Re: what is the most attractive club to play for atm?

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 12:51 pm

I won't even comment because there's not much i agree with in your post... but you're entitled to your opinions of course.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

what is the most attractive club to play for atm? Empty Re: what is the most attractive club to play for atm?

Post by Kaladin Wed May 29, 2013 12:54 pm

AC Milan- We probably cant pay for your transfer
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 29, 2013 12:54 pm

I believe it really depends on the player.

If I was a top class defender, Barcelona would be more attractive than Bayern simply because Barcelona need a CB more than Bayern.

I can't say every player would be attracted to this club more than any other.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Best club if i'm a talented kid and want to learn how to play good technical footy - Dortmund

What Milan was right after Berlusconi bought them in the 80s - PSG

Best chance to win trophies now - Bayern

Easiest place for a CB to win the starting job - Barca

Greatest place to become a legend - Madrid

Sexiest club to play for all things considered (glamor, footy passion, competitiveness) - Milan

Best lifestyle - Monaco

The "jury is out" club - Man U

Least pressure to win trophies and still be in a top club - Arsenal

The club that has all the weaknesses of Madrid as an institution but none of the advantages - Chelsea

Just outside being a really good club - Benfica and Spurs

Haunted by their past and stagnant in the present - Liverpool
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed May 29, 2013 1:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:Just outside being a really good club - Benfica and Spurs

why Benfica over Porto?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Greatest place to become a legend is Madrid? Rofl

Pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 1:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:Best club if i'm a talented kid and want to learn how to play good technical footy - Dortmund

Sexiest club to play for all things considered (glamor, footy passion, competitiveness) - Milan

Best lifestyle - Monaco

The club that has all the weaknesses of Madrid as an institution but none of the advantages - Chelsea

based on your preference or...?
In any case Jibes I don't think Bayern is the best place for a new player right now.
New coach and already too many top players competing for game time
sportsczy wrote:Best club if i'm a talented kid and want to learn how to play good technical footy - Dortmund

Best lifestyle - Monaco

In any case Jibes I don't think Bayern is the best place for a new player right now.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 pm

billy_gr wrote:

Best lifestyle - Monaco

Best lifestyle - Monaco

Will re do the OP mate.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Madrid is a Spanish institution... if Man U were in a more glamorous city, they'd be right there with us but they're not. Being a legend in Manchester is not quit the same as being a legend in Madrid because it's a national thing in Madrid. London has too many clubs.

If there's another club where being a legend is comparable is Milan because of the history of the club and the city.

Bayern doesn't have the international appeal of Milan and Madrid at this point. Maybe that changes in time.

Barca has only joined the European and world elite in the last 8-10 years... not enough consistent history on a broad stage yet.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm

United. Play in the most watched League, biggest club in the World and follow the footsteps of Ronaldo, Beckham, Cantona, Giggs etc

Madrid are a joke and no one wants to play for them. There's a reason Higuain, Benzema, Ronaldo etc are all desperate to leave.

Chelsea is pretty attractive as well. Earn shitloads of money, compete for trophies, London nightlife, fastest growing club in the World etc

Last edited by Gil on Wed May 29, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Reggina no doubt
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 1:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:Madrid is a Spanish institution... if Man U were in a more glamorous city, they'd be right there with us but they're not. Being a legend in Manchester is not quit the same as being a legend in Madrid because it's a national thing in Madrid. London has too many clubs.

If there's another club where being a legend is comparable is Milan because of the history of the club and the city.

Bayern doesn't have the international appeal of Milan and Madrid at this point. Maybe that changes in time.

Barca has only joined the European and world elite in the last 8-10 years... not enough consistent history on a broad stage yet.

I sencierly believe there will be next to 0 players who will ever think of anything remotely close to what you wrote
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm not talking about what players are thinking... i'm talking about the places where being a legend are the most prestigious today imo. From a players perspective, you go to the club that gives the most money and the most recognition. Being legend happens if it happens... it's nothing you can actively plan for lol.

Why do you think every player almost says that his childhood dream is to play for Madrid? You want to be in the private club that includes world icons like Di Stefano, Zidane, R9, Casillas, etc as a kid. You idolize these stars. You want to go to the club where your idols played. Barca is probably inspiring many kids right now. But consistently over the years... Madrid has had the biggest superstars at its club and thus has the most prestigious legends' club and the fact that it's in a major world city with a big reach.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'm not talking about what players are thinking... i'm talking about the places where being a legend are the most prestigious today imo. From a players perspective, you go to the club that gives the most money and the most recognition. Being legend happens if it happens... it's nothing you can actively plan for lol.

Why do you think every player almost says that his childhood dream is to play for Madrid? You want to be in the private club that includes world icons like Di Stefano, Zidane, R9, Casillas, etc as a kid. You idolize these stars. You want to go to the club where your idols played. Barca is probably inspiring many kids right now. But consistently over the years... Madrid has had the biggest superstars at its club and thus has the most prestigious legends' club and the fact that it's in a major world city with a big reach.

so you are basically telling us that according to your opinion the most prestigious place to be a legend is Madrid. And you are... wait a minute.... a Madrid fan? No way!

Ok seriously though: a) it's just your opinion as you already said and b) it's only natural for a fan to believe his supporting team/city to be the most honorable place to be a legend at. c) let's not forget that over the years Madrid were offering the best salary around. surely this might play a role for players chosing the club

For the neutrals I suppose Madrid looks more like a circus curently rather than the blessed capital of the football world

Last edited by billy_gr on Wed May 29, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'm not talking about what players are thinking... i'm talking about the places where being a legend are the most prestigious today imo. From a players perspective, you go to the club that gives the most money and the most recognition. Being legend happens if it happens... it's nothing you can actively plan for lol.

I suppose Messi Xavi Iniesta and Neymar should join Madrid so they can finally become legends.

Xavi: my dream is to play for real madrid

Messi: all the trophies I have won and all the balon d'ors will mean nothing if I do not play in that white shirt.

Iniesta: my dream is to play for a club that can consistently win trophies every season and has structural integrity, that is why I must play for Madrid

Pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 1:59 pm

billy_gr wrote:

so you are basically telling us that according to your opinion the most prestigious place to be a legend is Madrid. And you are... wait a minute.... a Madrid fan? No way!

Ok seriously though: a) it's just your opinion as you already said and b) it's only natural for a fan to believe his supporting team/city to be the most honorable place to be a legend at.

For the neutrals I suppose Madrid looks more like a circus curently rather than the blessed capital of the football world

This x 1000
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 2:02 pm

what other club in the world is more prestigious historically than Madrid? How about making a counter-argument for a change lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Not to mention that there are noumerous players in other clubs in the same level with Di Stefano, Zidane, R9, Casillas that never set foot in Madrid and became equally legendary
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 29, 2013 2:05 pm

There's 3 obvious options imho:

Real Madrid - the capital, nice weather, treated like a super star, huge wages, even if they're not winning now, they'll keep buying until they do, plus it's a huge name. Even if you end up leaving there again, it's always nice to have a few seasons at Real on your resume.

FC Barcelona - beautiful city, outrageous wages, great team chemistry. A bit one-dimensional and you'll probably end up feeding the midget with assists for most parts of the season, but you got guaranteed La Liga title and a good chance to add the UCL to that. Tito, or Pep, or no Tito and Pep - Barca has a well-established system, and youth players grow up playing that system - you will always have a well-clicking team, even if the success of hte past few years doesn't come back.
Also, the players seem to be treated really well, if they're not foreigners. They get little open criticism from their own management, and if they fit the system, they don't get shipped off after two or three bad performances.
If you don't fit the system, you're out though.

FC Bayern Munich - Current Champion's League winners, great squad, great depth, great coach coming in. All your management will consist of former players, who are able to emphathize with your plight. The constant shit-talking of KHR and Hoeness will keep scrutiny off of you, at the same time they will have your back even if you're a shit player and burn down your house, ending you in jail. Out of the three cities, Munich is probably the nicest one to live in, if you're rich. Virtually no crime, clean streets, lots of high-end clubs, bars, restaurants and cultural institutions.
Wages are lower than in Madrid or Barca, but they are quite high nonetheless. You have probably the world's greatest medical team of any Sports team. Great if you've got Robbens bone structure.
The greatest plus for Bayern is the way they treat their players. Sure, they'll force you to wear Lederhosn every now and then, making you look like a retarded, inbred country hick, but f*ck it, that's Bavaria, and that's what those inbred, chronically rich mofos do.
The weather is great, sure, winters do get cold, but you get little rain there.

There's 2nd tier of clubs that are still pretty attractive:

AC Milan has a huge name, but is kind of broke, you have to endure Berlusconi every once in a while, and the wages will obviously lower, also it stands to reason that it'll be a few seasons before you can even dream of lifting a UCL trophy again. Then on the other hand, the clubs legacy is nothing short of legendary, and Milan is an awesome city, unless you get stabbed by someone riding a scooter.

Manchester United spelled instant and guaranteed success for many years, but now SAF is gone, and it's a bit of a surprise package how they will do without the old chum. Thanks to trailblazing Rooney, the wages are high, though, which will probably buy you all the high-end narcotics you will need to forget the grim, grey, rainy reality that is the pile of human filth that is the city of Manchester. Enjoy England, buy a rain coat.

Juventus Turin - nice city, great team chemistry, well-managed team. Not quite the top wages, though, and I hope you're a striker, because other wise watching the strikers will be depressing. The wages aren't that great, but decent, and your club has a proud heritage.
There is the above-average chance that your national titles will turn out to have been bought, though, so you probably shouldn't show off your trophies too much.

Chelsea - A team very much looking to build a legacy, did just recently win the Champion's League, though nobody really knows why, how, and if it's a good thing. If you're white you will probably get along fine with your team mates, and your wages will be astronomical, also you will get to live in London, which is a great city, if you avoid the poor parts of town, are rich yourself, and water proof. I hope you like Indian food, because everything else is disgusting.
Also, Mourinho is coming, so depending on what type of player you are, you might get excited about this.

Dortmund - Ah, Dortmund! Jewel of the Ruhr area! If you like concrete and sausages covered in ketchup and curry, you'll bloody love Dortmund. Excellent footballing education, one of the world's greatest coaches, the world's best team chemistry, excellent tactical and technical schooling, a hot prospect for future development - and: low wages. Boo!
It's a great place to play football at, but not such a great place to become a footballing legend on the fast track. If you want to be part of something great, sign here.
If you want to be called someone great, you should probably sign with a richer club.

FC Arsenal - I really shouldn't be talking to you, you're obviously a minor.

Might add more when I can be arsed.

Last edited by VivaStPauli on Wed May 29, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 2:05 pm

billy_gr wrote:Not to mention that there are noumerous players in other clubs in the same level with Di Stefano, Zidane, R9, Casillas that never set foot in Madrid and became equally legendary
But all at one club? Name one other club that has so many revered players gathered together and has the consistent trophy case in the last 50 years?

Still waiting for a counter-argument where someone proposes another club and explains why it would be more prestigious to be a legend there... still waiting lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 2:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:what other club in the world is more prestigious historically than Madrid? How about making a counter-argument for a change lol.

Is that it? Yet Ribery just said be would say no thanks to Madrid. Your club is run like a kebab shop. Robben and Sneijder, two players ostracised won the cl. Barcelona are in vogue and most ppl would pick barca over Madrid @tm. Madrid have very little chance of winning anything bar the copa. I'd only go there to collect a pay cheque like Kaka
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 2:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:what other club in the world is more prestigious historically than Madrid? How about making a counter-argument for a change lol.

it's all a matter of opinion mate.
For me the most prestigious club in the European stage is Milan.
Sorrybut 5 European trophies in the 50's don't impress me that much compared to Milan's domiance over the years.
Again the whole "overall title collection" arguement is great but I try focus in ages that football wasn't played in the court of King Arthur. And that doesn't have anything to do with Barca's golden years i can asure you
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Also amazing how we arre using the 50 years arguement because anything remotely less would limit your trophy haul significantly
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 2:10 pm

jibers wrote:

Is that it? Yet Ribery just said be would say no thanks to Madrid. Your club is run like a kebab shop. Robben and Sneijder, two players ostracised won the cl. Barcelona are in vogue and most ppl would pick barca over Madrid @tm. Madrid have very little chance of winning anything bar the copa. I'd only go there to collect a pay cheque like Kaka
That's your counter-argument? Because Ribery at the age of 30 says he wouldn't go to Madrid? lol. He was desperate to come to Madrid in 2008 or 2009 and Bayern blocked. Now that he's a legend at Bayern, they're the best club in the world and he's settled, he says he'd stay... what a stunning slap in the face to Madrid. How will we recover!

Your arguments are pathetic straw man attempts Jibers. Make a proper argument showing the merits of another club compared to Madrid in terms of prestige and international recognition. I know you have it in you.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next