what is the most attractive club to play for atm?

+17
AmarillaDirecta
Cotes
RealGunner
la bestia negra
Tomwin Lannister
Arquitecto
Lex
VivaStPauli
Juveman17
Gil
billy_gr
fatman123
Kick
Kaladin
sportsczy
jibers
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what is the most attractive club to play for atm? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is the most attractive club to play for atm?

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 1:10 pm

jibers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:what other club in the world is more prestigious historically than Madrid? How about making a counter-argument for a change lol.

Is that it? Yet Ribery just said be would say no thanks to Madrid. Your club is run like a kebab shop. Robben and Sneijder, two players ostracised won the cl. Barcelona are in vogue and most ppl would pick barca over Madrid @tm. Madrid have very little chance of winning anything bar the copa. I'd only go there to collect a pay cheque like Kaka
That's your counter-argument? Because Ribery at the age of 30 says he wouldn't go to Madrid? lol. He was desperate to come to Madrid in 2008 or 2009 and Bayern blocked. Now that he's a legend at Bayern, they're the best club in the world and he's settled, he says he'd stay... what a stunning slap in the face to Madrid. How will we recover!

Your arguments are pathetic straw man attempts Jibers. Make a proper argument showing the merits of another club compared to Madrid in terms of prestige and international recognition. I know you have it in you.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

what is the most attractive club to play for atm? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is the most attractive club to play for atm?

Post by Kaladin Wed May 29, 2013 1:10 pm

jibers wrote:Your club is run like a kebab shop

Tbf, Kebab shops run their stores extremely efficiently
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 29, 2013 1:11 pm

I will not stand idly by, and have you besmirch the reputation of honorable kebab shops!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 1:12 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
jibers wrote:Your club is run like a kebab shop

Tbf, Kebab shops run their stores extremely efficiently

Kebab shops are TQ
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 1:13 pm

billy_gr wrote:Also amazing how we arre using the 50 years arguement because anything remotely less would limit your trophy haul significantly

SAF's reign of the last 26 years, which is considered the most successful for its period (falsely imo):

Man U
13 Premier League Titles
5 FA Cups
2 CLs

Madrid
11 La Liga titles
3 CDRs
3 CLs
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:
billy_gr wrote:Also amazing how we arre using the 50 years arguement because anything remotely less would limit your trophy haul significantly

SAF's reign of the last 26 years, which is considered the most successful for its period (falsely imo):

Man U
13 Premier League Titles
5 FA Cups
2 CLs

Madrid
11 La Liga titles
3 CDRs
3 CLs

When SAF too over united were a pub club battling relegation. Had no youth set up and the first 11 were made up of benzemas, fat waste of spaces. No youth set up, no scouting, hadn't win the EPL for 20+ years lol. Madrid were in the era of Quinte del bu.

Strong logic

Strong everything
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Man U
13 Premier League Titles
5 FA Cups
2 CLs

Madrid
11 La Liga titles
3 CDRs
3 CLs

good. so Barca has superior stats in the last 26 years.
Anyway my point is that it is subjective for each one depending on how much impact the past has for you. And how deep in the past of course.
Sorry but the 50’s are too far for me to relate.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Leave kebabs out of this ffs Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 29, 2013 1:19 pm

billy_gr wrote:
sportsczy wrote:what other club in the world is more prestigious historically than Madrid? How about making a counter-argument for a change lol.

it's all a matter of opinion mate.
For me the most prestigious club in the European stage is Milan.
Sorrybut 5 European trophies in the 50's don't impress me that much compared to Milan's domiance over the years.
Again the whole "overall title collection" arguement is great but I try focus in ages that football wasn't played in the court of King Arthur. And that doesn't have anything to do with Barca's golden years i can asure you

Opa! Billy Opa! Proud

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 29, 2013 1:21 pm

billy_gr wrote:I try focus in ages that football wasn't played in the court of King Arthur
rofl my obliques
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
billy_gr wrote:

it's all a matter of opinion mate.
For me the most prestigious club in the European stage is Milan.
Sorrybut 5 European trophies in the 50's don't impress me that much compared to Milan's domiance over the years.
Again the whole "overall title collection" arguement is great but I try focus in ages that football wasn't played in the court of King Arthur. And that doesn't have anything to do with Barca's golden years i can asure you

Opa! Billy Opa! Proud

ffs drinking
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 29, 2013 1:22 pm

I should say that we have been battered left and right in Europe for a few years now, dont think we'd be that attractive for players presently
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Lex wrote:
billy_gr wrote:I try focus in ages that football wasn't played in the court of King Arthur
rofl my obliques

Greeks Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Club history is irrelevant to a player when deciding who to sign for, no matter how much they spew about it after the fact
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 1:28 pm

For you perhaps... but parents influence kids and kids typically start by following what the parents like. You often have 3 generations that idolize Real Madrid and can point to legendary players and games in their era of interest. Being a legend where a club has a 10 year relevant history is a bit lol. 25 years, it's getting serious. More than 25 years, now you've got some real critical mass of legendary level players to compete against. 50 years... there are only 3 clubs in the world that have that kind of history: Santos, Liverpool and Real Madrid. Only one of those 3 that has been consistently elite in that span is Madrid.

It's easy to be a legend when the club is young in its success and doesn't have a lot of competition for the status. The harder it is to achieve something, the more prestigious it is usually.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Ok no need to analyze this further. We can agree to disagree.
However my view is that if you are willing to “cash in” your past time legacy, you should be equally ready to recognize it when it’s damaged.

Peace, I’m out.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Really it depends on the player, for south americans right now in general i'd say it's Barca, i know Madrid fans like to repeat ''biggest club in the world'' till they are blue in the face but Barca are much more attractive right now, and i guarentee if Madrid started to slash their spending and paid wages like Dortmund pretty much every non Spanish player wouldn't give toss about Madrids ''prestige''

Theres so many factors but the biggest is definitely money.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Jibers don't *bleep* with kebab shops. Don't mess with ancient powers, far greater than you can comprehend.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 29, 2013 7:50 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Jibers don't *bleep* with kebab shops. Don't mess with ancient powers, far greater than you can comprehend.

What is there to comprehend about crap food hmm?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 29, 2013 7:51 pm

*bleep* off, somebody Ban him before I do something terrible. I'll go to jail ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed May 29, 2013 7:52 pm

juveman17 wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Jibers don't *bleep* with kebab shops. Don't mess with ancient powers, far greater than you can comprehend.

you serious m8???
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 29, 2013 7:53 pm

juveman17 wrote:

what is the most attractive club to play for atm? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvsIq7UBq0_lf4hhK6zD6kmifgVjDbuKMGDhtcPjc-gdGNmjDEEQ
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:*bleep* off, somebody Ban him before I do something terrible. I'll go to jail ffs.

what is the most attractive club to play for atm? - Page 2 Tumblr_m5j82cNWp41rrg6q0o1_500
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 29, 2013 7:59 pm

I'll *bleep* kill you I don't care let the cops come I have weapons I HAVE GOD.

He spoke to me and told me to eat kebabs. Ask Neymar he can confirm.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Gil wrote:United. Play in the most watched League, biggest club in the World and follow the footsteps of Ronaldo, Beckham, Cantona, Giggs etc

Madrid are a joke and no one wants to play for them. There's a reason Higuain, Benzema, Ronaldo etc are all desperate to leave.

Chelsea is pretty attractive as well. Earn shitloads of money, compete for trophies, London nightlife, fastest growing club in the World etc

how so?
u really should stop watching so much Foxsoccer
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 29, 2013 8:52 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:I'll *bleep* kill you I don't care let the cops come I have weapons I HAVE GOD.

He spoke to me and told me to eat kebabs. Ask Neymar he can confirm.

Tom Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum