halamadrid2
Error
sportsczy
LeVersacci
Onyx
51 posters

Page 32 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38 ... 44  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 32 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Zealous Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:20 pm

SuperMAG wrote:i am not saying he is not usefull, yes his covering is very needed in the CL games, but not every week games.

You are right though, we need khedira this season untill casimero and illara completely settles in.
Yeah I'm not saying Khedira will always be a starter for many years to come, just saying he offers a lot more than what people give him credit for and he will help us a lot this season. Illarra and Cas are still finding their feet it will take them one season at least to get fully integrated.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 32 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:04 am

Khedira gets the job done and is often the unsung hero in our mid due to not having the name nor being as flashy/highlight worthy.

That being said, he is terrible when he tries to bring the ball up lol
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:53 am

Zealous wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:i am not saying he is not usefull, yes his covering is very needed in the CL games, but not every week games.

You are right though, we need khedira this season untill casimero and illara completely settles in.
Yeah I'm not saying Khedira will always be a starter for many years to come, just saying he offers a lot more than what people give him credit for and he will help us a lot this season. Illarra and Cas are still finding their feet it will take them one season at least to get fully integrated.
cant disagree with that. i guess we will see how illara and casimero step up this season.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Ancelotti:

"Coentrao is thinking about leaving, but I’d be happy if he stayed because he’s a cracking player. Being at Madrid isn’t so bad," the 54-year-old joked with reporters on Saturday.

"Khedira isn’t going to leave. No player is in a position to leave. Di Maria is also going to stay. The dressing room is great, the atmosphere is really good.

Di Maria:

"I'm staying in Madrid, because I have three years left on my contract and I'm very happy here,” the 25-year-old told journalists following the side’s 3-0 friendly win over Inter.

"Also in [Ancelotti’s] selection, I have been playing more frequently in the middle. I’m used to and I feel comfortable playing there."

Pepe:

“I have signed a contract with Madrid, my future is an issue for the president," he said. “I just train hard and try to give my best for the team. I am ready to fight for my place.”

“The coach is very close to the squad, and that's a good sign. He has great affection for the players. He is also great tactically and that is helping us a lot.

“The most important thing for us is to start with a win. We are just thinking about the first three points.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Ancelotti in other words: Perez told me not to blurt out that Coentrao wants to leave to prevent his value from falling Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruud Gullit Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:20 am

Another season with Di Maria and Pepe.

[ img]Oh God, why[/img] confused

Ruud Gullit
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:40 am

Ruud Gullit wrote:Another season with Di Maria and Pepe.

[ img]Oh God, why[/img] confused
I take it you haven't followed our preseason Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruud Gullit Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:51 am

Not, of course. Only did it the last 20 years Rolling Eyes 

Di Maria is a tumour when Madrid try to make a positional attack. Ten random centers, take on-> take off. Only run and run like chicken without head. even with Mourinho Callejón played for him :facepalm: At least this season with Isco the argentinian will play a shit amount of minutes, I hope.

And Pepe, the portrait of the three semifinal of champions he played. Disaster vs Barcelona (first match, obviusly) Mario Gómez, Lewandoski,  and Falcao at King´s cup. He love confront the typical box forward.

Ruud Gullit
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

if you did watch any of our games you'd know DiMaria doesn't try and dribble himself past players anymore and is alot smarter when he has the ball. no more mindless crosses as well. This can be attributed to how we play because his passing options now are Modric and Carvajal who again are very smart with the ball and help out when he runs out of options up top. This is an improvement from the previous pair he had to pass to aka Khedira and Arbeloa. Anyways I think he won't be starting come the start of the season although I can see him taking ozils place if his season starts in December again. he will also cover for Isco so he is going to get alot of playing time

As for Pepe again he doesn't hoof anymore but is still a little suspect defensively. For a third choice he will be very important
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:26 pm

to be fair, Di Maria is a wait and see situation. It's a fact that with Argie he plays a different role and performs a lot better. It might be a role he will return to under Ancelotti. But going by the preseason is not enough. I beautifully nicknamed Di Maria the scrubkiller because he does indeed destroys scrub teams, and i cant remember a preseason when Di MAria didnt scrub kill players. Remember last summer? he was great Laughing

so let's wait and see.

ps: Di Maria is not starter anymore, so that's a big plus.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Haven't seen the entire pre-season yet, however his decision making has slightly improved. He's still a bit too direct though and always goes for that final pass, when instead he should just make a simple short pass.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Di Maria can be the best super-sub in football
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Do you think Di Maria would even stop to listen to the idea of being a "super sub"?
hell no.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:01 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Do you think Di Maria would even stop to listen to the idea of being a "super sub"?
hell no.
It's quite sure that he'll rotate with Isco and Ozil. He won't start in big games, but imagine what Di Maria could do to a tired Barca or any other team in ~75'.

btw, if Bale comes the team will look like this

Casillas(Diego)
Carvajal(Arbeloa)-Varane(Pepe)-Ramos(Nacho)-Marcelo(Coentrao/new)
Khedira(Casemiro,Illarra)-Modric(Xabi,Illarra)
Ozil(Di Maria)-Isco(Jese)
Bale(Benzema)-Ronaldo(Morata)

great depth
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 pm

For every half empty, pessimistic Sportczy, there is a Hala or a Zealous to counter it. Hala, I wouldn't take Di Maria's or Pepe's pre season performance as any indicator that they have improved from last season nor would I advice it.

Honestly typing, I would love if Di Maria replicates his Argentina form as the man has real skill but, you know, old habits die hard.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Di Marias problems

1.Dont know when to pass or shoot.
2.Always goes for final ball (through ball) even there is zero chance
3.Inconsistent ground passing which often results in opposition countering
4.Has no imagination for a link up play based game

Pros

1.Has a terrific final ball accuracy (goat through ball )
2.Goat work rate
3.Dribbling
4.scrubkiller

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:if you did watch any of our games you'd know DiMaria doesn't try and dribble himself past players anymore and is alot smarter when he has the ball. no more mindless crosses as well. This can be attributed to how we play because his passing options now are Modric and Carvajal who again are very smart with the ball and help out when he runs out of options up top. This is an improvement from the previous pair he had to pass to aka Khedira and Arbeloa. Anyways I think he won't be starting come the start of the season although I can see him taking ozils place if his season starts in December again. he will also cover for Isco so he is going to get alot of playing time

As for Pepe again he doesn't hoof anymore but is still a little suspect defensively. For a third choice he will be very important
a below par Ozil is still better than di maria

Ozil has been good this pre season. he has played very well with isco and modric. and him and ronaldo always play well together.

Ozil, Modric and Isco will be starters.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:52 am

a below par ozil gets us whopped without remorse vs Dortmund. As I said before Ozil doesn't have Kaka to compete with anymore. he has DiMaria. a couple of bad games in a row and Carlo will send him deep into the bench

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:55 am

^^ beat me to it.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:11 am

di maria the godsend
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 am

Cyborg wrote:di maria the godsend
GODsend to dissmagia us. Laughing 

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:04 pm

The last offer for Bale was €87m, according to Punto Pelota. Real Madrid don't want to include any players in the deal. The signing should be done next week.

Ronaldo's renewal is done according to Punto Pelota. His contract will be extended for 3 years and he'll get €14-15m a year. It will be made official in September.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Doc wrote:For every half empty, pessimistic Sportczy, there is a Hala or a Zealous to counter it. Hala, I wouldn't take Di Maria's or Pepe's pre season performance as any indicator that they have improved from last season nor would I advice it.

Honestly typing, I would love if Di Maria replicates his Argentina form as the man has real skill but, you know, old habits die hard.
I'm more right of centre on that scale, not really at the extreme. You're right in the middle though eco smile

Anyway I'm glad we're keeping Di Maria, he'll be very useful to us imo.

Also for the guys saying that Ozil needs to have competition he's not going to turn into Higuain if you tell him he's going to get benched. He's a shy player and while being shy can be bad for someone like Benzema it works for Ozil because he's in a support role and he does his job extremely well imo. Some issues about defence with him but it's nothing that can't be fixed with the way we play atm.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:52 pm

GUys - I have n't watched Pre-season games, except for highlights. Which position was Ozil playing mostly?

I would like to see Ozil in the center(NOT on the right) and Di Maria on the left, but not sure if they get to play in those positions.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Nedved wrote:GUys - I have n't watched Pre-season games, except for highlights. Which position was Ozil playing mostly?

I would like to see Ozil in the center(NOT on the right) and Di Maria on the left, but not sure if they get to play in those positions.
Di Maria was mostly on the right but he did drift to the left on occasion.

Ozil was more advanced and also playing on the right but it's not like he was hugging the touchline. The midfield looks like it will be somewhat narrow with FB's providing width.

Di Maria mostly played with the substitute team and Ozil with the starters.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38 ... 44  Next