Wilson37
Alejandro E.Zackarias
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Yaya Sanogo - Page 2 Empty Re: Yaya Sanogo

Post by Novi Tue May 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
The 20-year-old striker has struggled with a series of injuries throughout his career and is yet to complete five consecutive matches

This is just scary, if you are like this at age 20, what happens in few years?

Diaby v2?

Novi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alejandro E.Zackarias Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Decided to put up a profile of our reported target Ruben Garcia in here,instead of putting up a new thread or a lengthy post in the rumors thread.

BTW,It has been lifted fully from a couple(?) of sites websites including Mirror.

Arsenal aren't exactly dying for quality wingers at the moment, with Theo Walcott, Santi Cazorla, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lukas Podolski and Gervinho all available out wide.

But Podolski always seems to play far better when utilized centrally, while Gervinho has the rare capacity to dazzle and confound all on the same play. For that reason, keeping an eye to the future when it comes to the winger position wouldn't be the worst idea for Arsene Wenger.

Enter Levante's Ruben Garcia.

Yaya Sanogo - Page 2 156252227

In a team mostly known for its more senior players,it's Garcia who has emerged to the most acclaim this season at Levante.

In a team mostly known for its more senior players, it’s a young man that has emerged to the most acclaim this season at Levante. This time last season no one knew the name of Ruben Garcia, but now he’s marked down as one of Spanish football’s most exciting prospects.

The 19-year-old has exploded onto the scene in La Liga this year not only with his ability, but his remarkable consistency too. The impression he left in pre-season gave coach Juan Ignacio Martinez no option but to offer the player first team options, and Ruben hasn’t let anyone down.

In the first half of the season he was used as a bit part player, providing pace and impact in the latter stages of games. In that time he became Levante’s youngest ever scorer in La Liga, scoring against Real Mallorca at the tender age of 19 years, four months and 26 days.

There was an emphatic nature about his finish - a run down his favoured left side before exchanging a one two, then hammering home - perhaps wanting to hammer home a point to Levante’s local rivals Valencia. Why? Ruben came through Valencia’s youth academy and was overlooked by their Cadet level coach at the time, Mauricio Pellegrino, with injuries also stalling his development. Levante wasted no time in picking up the discarded player, and after working hard through their own youth ranks Garcia got his reward this campaign.

Garcia is a left sided player, who alternates between wing duties and cutting inside. The interior move is favoured in Spain, and rather than offering natural width it allows a team to group up in central areas. Ruben’s aggressive running, balance and neat footwork have been vital tools in his rise to prominence.

With Levante basing much of their game on defence and counter attacking, Ruben has fitted in superbly. His defensive work has been adept as he joined in the central midfield areas, while his pace and ability to drop the shoulder and beat opponents makes him an asset on the counter-attack. He can work with the ball from deep, or pick it up in advanced areas and go around the outside of full-backs. He’s shown the maturity and versatility to play wherever coach Martinez decided, and has featured as a striker, playmaker and right sided winger on occasions.

He’s shown an eye for a pass as the season has gone on too, working well in small spaces and deceiving opponents with his quick feet. So impressive has been his impact, there are people comparing him to Juan Mata in his Valencia days.

He could soon find himself playing in the same league as the Chelsea man, given he’s been taking English lessons for some time now and happens to be a huge fan of the Premier League.

A clause of €10m and contract extension was soon inserted into his contract as it became known Valencia were interested in bringing him back to Mestalla, while Atletico Madrid were also watching on.

To reward for him his good work he’s received call-ups to Spain’s Under-19 and Under-20 sides, and it’s expected he’ll take part in the World Cup campaign of the latter.

Things are moving quickly for Ruben Garcia, and they’re showing no sign of slowing down.

He will be the closest we can get to Jovetic in terms of versatility,among the attackers linked to Arsenal this season.

Of course,he can at most be at the fringes of the first team even if he is signed,so there will be a need to sign another attacker.

With our pursuit of Jovetic hitting more and more roadblocks i would prefer Arsenal finish their business a quickly lest some other clubs sign our target(s) right under our noses a la Mata.

Signing Garcia and some out and out scorer like Higgy would be a good combination.

That being said I know 90% of Gooners in here prefer Jovetic to be THE player Arsenal should sign,though I wouldn't mind Son HM.

Alejandro E.Zackarias
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 31, 2013 12:34 am

lol reading that got me excited about Garcia esp the Comparison with Mata
lets see what happens :fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm

BUMP!

The transfer season is officially on.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:53 am

Why are people bitching about a footballer earning 25k pw? That's considered poverty in the world of football nowadays. Next thing you know, you guys will want our players to earn their money by the hour
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:35 am

Lex wrote:Why are people bitching about a footballer earning 25k pw? That's considered poverty in the world of football nowadays. Next thing you know, you guys will want our players to earn their money by the hour
Thumbs up 
i cant understand why there is so much negativism among some fans..scratch  and there is no evidence to believe that he is going to be on a 25k contract.. Chelsea signed a promising 18 yr old from Belgian league for 23 million and wasted him in bench for 1 year and loaned him out in the second year.. some guys call that depth and ambition ? and same idiots say cheap and mediocrity when Wenger signs a similar player from French league on a free.. Neutral 
Joel, Akpom and Sanogo.. hope one of them can make the big step forward to be Arsenals no.1 CF in the future..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:51 am

Poor guy, he choose the worst club you can go if you have a fragile physique. Arsenal, the place where torture happens.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:21 pm

free_cat wrote: Poor guy, he choose the worst club you can go if you have a fragile physique. Arsenal, the place where torture happens.

Bit harsh, that. We have a world record (possibly) as the best place for knocked up chaps to earn healthy wages while getting WC rehab. (Does that count as a trophy, now?) :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Gnabry---Eisfeld----Ryo
--------- Yaya---------

West Brom front 4 next season :bow:
make it happen :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:25 pm

officially welcome Yayas Razz

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Scores again for U20

3 in 4
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Kid has a nice finish on him
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Scored again cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 pm

‘Sanogo has become a different animal’

The 21-year-old joined Arsenal on a free transfer from Auxerre last summer, and featured twice in August before a lengthy absence.

The French striker has started the last two matches, against Liverpool and Bayern Munich, and Wenger believes he is starting to show his potential.

“When I first knew of him, he had not played. He had been out for two-and-a-half years,” the manager said. “At 16 years of age he was a very promising striker.
“He started to play a little bit at Auxerre last year and I got alerted by [scout Gilles] Grimandi that he was playing again so I sent him to watch him. He said he could be interesting.

“Then I met him and we had a long chat about what happened to him and I decided to try to take him. He called me back and said, ‘Look, I will join you’. He had had one or two more offers in France and I knew it was a going to be a building process of six months.

“In pre-season I saw he was under-strength and not ready muscularly. We decided to take him completely out and try to build him up for four months - two months in France and two months with us. When he came back on January 1, I saw he was a different animal.”
Wenger believes Sanogo has plenty of raw potential, but says he must work extremely hard if he is to fulfil it.

“He is very, very ambitious and believes in his quality,” he said. “He is very passionate and naturally has a great desire. You can see that in games. He is ready for a fight.

“When you look at his stature, he is a similar shape to Giroud but you feel there is a lot more to come out with him. He has a lot of improving to do. But you have to be open-minded. If he does well, he will play. If he doesn’t, he won’t.

“I believe up front that it's not experience that decides things. At the back, it's different. But up front it's an instinctive job. Experience helps a little bit. But the belief, the confidence, is more important up front than the experience.

“When I started to play Anelka, everybody said: 'Why do you start Anelka, why not buy a striker?' We won a championship with him. It's just like that, if we feel they are ready then they play.”

Arsenal.com
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:00 am

Very nice read

..Man, I'm going to go crazy the first time he scores
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:56 pm

is it me or Wenger seems to favour strikers who are more physical nowadays  hmm 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by anh165 Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:11 pm

EL Patron wrote:is it me or Wenger seems to favour strikers who are more physical nowadays  hmm 

He's looking for a balanced team consisting of players of various attributes. He has adopted the spanish and german systems into the current and future Arsenal squad, I just hope the potential is realised in time before the next trendy system comes in.

anh165
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:27 pm

we need a more muscular midfielder so the importance of Big striker's height and physique [when defending set pieces etc] reduces
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:31 pm

He's been horrific so far with U23 France.  So freakin clumsy... it drives me crazy. Also has no idea how to make runs. The only thing he does well is hold up the ball in the midfield area and playing a teammate on. That's it. He sucks horribly. No idea what these coaches see in him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:08 pm

that's why you're not a coach sport Wink
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:44 am

sportsczy wrote:He's been horrific so far with U23 France.  So freakin clumsy... it drives me crazy.  Also has no idea how to make runs.  The only thing he does well is hold up the ball in the midfield area and playing a teammate on.  That's it.  He sucks horribly.  No idea what these coaches see in him.

You just perfectly described Adebayor when he 1st arrived, dude couldn't hit a goal if it's open and of course then came 30 goals season and so on.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:51 pm

BUMP!

Also while on the topic of Sanogo, I did some digging. AW wasn't kidding when he spoke about this kid's youth scoring charts. This kid was doign really really well in till he turned 17 and had his Tibia broken.

That's the same kind of leg break injury suffered by Ramsey or Eduardo, to put it into perspective. I am glad to see that he is following the path of Ramsey and not Eduardo, where recovery from a leg break is concerned. I also can't imagine how it must have been, not playing for over a year, when he was just 17. Both Ramsey and Eduardo were older when injury hit, iirc.

Actually, I am a lot more positive about Yaya Sanogo and what he can bring to the team in the coming years.

I may even be tempted to change my avatar from Ramsey to Sanogo after all these years hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:08 pm

sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo
sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo  banana 

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:09 pm

yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo
yaya sonogo  Twisted Evil 

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:58 pm

sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo
sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo sonogo  banana banana banana banana 
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next