RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VendettaRed07
Swanhends
Mr Nick09
38 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chelsea should offer a deal to Benitez - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea should offer a deal to Benitez

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 12:03 am

Arquitecto wrote:Sepi Heart

My heart throbs for you. And something else.

Because he insults our club with no back up?

Wow, I really expect better from you, Arq.

Rafa has done what is expected, in the poorest way possible. You guys talk about him like he plays amazing football and is a great manager, he is not. Every game the players looked unmotivated, while RDM was in charge, they would have taken a bullet for RDM. Thats the key difference.

Rafa is suppose to be a tactical genius yet his tactics bar the united game were poor, he couldn't motivate the boys and without Hazard and Mata, we'd be in a horrible situation. He deserves credit for sticking at it but at the end of the day, he almost cost us top 4 in order to win the EL just so his CV looks that little bit better. He got away with both and will claim it was a fantastic result but at the end of the day, it's not. It's what was expected, nothing more.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chelsea should offer a deal to Benitez - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea should offer a deal to Benitez

Post by McAgger Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 am

buddytaller wrote:So Liverpool fans would have been happy if a Rafa led team won against them in a cup final, I must confess you take supporting your legends to the extreme.

Of course we wouldn't be happy about losing a cup final to anybody. But if we do and it happens to be a club legend that beat us to it, then we will definitely happily congratulate our legend and the other team.

Something else I am very proud of my club is that we are dignified losers.
This is after 2007 CL final loss to Milan in Athens.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 12:17 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
buddytaller wrote:So Liverpool fans would have been happy if a Rafa led team won against them in a cup final, I must confess you take supporting your legends to the extreme.

Of course we wouldn't be happy about losing a cup final to anybody. But if we do and it happens to be a club legend that beat us to it, then we will definitely happily congratulate our legend and the other team.

Arquitecto wrote:
Abramovich wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:No.

A great man with so much dignity like Rafa shouldn't be associated with a horrible vile club like Chelsea.

Don't Liverpool fans piss and shit into bags, then throw them at Man Utd buses? Laughing

Aye, cause the acts of a handful of fans can be associated with a worldwide group Laughing

Should of picked a better example Laughing

Yeah.......I bet every fan was like that after the loss.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 16, 2013 12:23 am

Kick wrote:

Arquitecto wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

Don't Liverpool fans piss and shit into bags, then throw them at Man Utd buses? Laughing

Aye, cause the acts of a handful of fans can be associated with a worldwide group Laughing

Well I can't speak for everyone else, but I certainly grew to like Milan for some reason after that final.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 16, 2013 12:23 am

Kick wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Sepi Heart

My heart throbs for you. And something else.

Because he insults our club with no back up?

Wow, I really expect better from you, Arq.

Rafa has done what is expected, in the poorest way possible. You guys talk about him like he plays amazing football and is a great manager, he is not. Every game the players looked unmotivated, while RDM was in charge, they would have taken a bullet for RDM. Thats the key difference.

Rafa is suppose to be a tactical genius yet his tactics bar the united game were poor, he couldn't motivate the boys and without Hazard and Mata, we'd be in a horrible situation. He deserves credit for sticking at it but at the end of the day, he almost cost us top 4 in order to win the EL just so his CV looks that little bit better. He got away with both and will claim it was a fantastic result but at the end of the day, it's not. It's what was expected, nothing more.

Mate Sepi & I usually have a light praise for each other. Been like this for years. Of course I don't agree with his hyperbolic statements. I just found its context funny and how he flayed it out. I haven't insulted the club from anywhere either.

And you expect a man who doesn't have the support of the fans, replaced for a club legend without their consent who won them a Champions League, to suddenly come in at an interim manager, despite having all medial odds against him...to motivate this squad? Despite being a disparity to the club's fans choice and the players?

Bad tactics? Lets just forget how Chelsea tactically murdered Tottenham just this month, not to forget Liverpool, an impressive Basel, Arsenal, and of course United over 2 times. I don't count the other master-classes either where Chelsea were merely victims of clowns like Luiz or their non-existent defensive spine down the middle since the club doesn't believe in strengthening key points of imbalance.

Chelsea fans see a manager they dislike to which only impossible standards will meet their criteria despite not even earning that right yet. Neutrals see a tactically astute brand of football which has consistently dismantled excellent opposition which was a far cry from RDM's pathetic Chelsea in the beginning of the season.

To add also:

-Here is a man who knows he has no future in the club, therefore Rafa, who is a long term manager can only apply short term solutions and systema with this disbalanced squad, who aren't exactly compelled to support him, let alone the fans. Yet with these short terms solutions of his, he had to fix up from RDM's mess, secure 3rd place by a comfortable slot, and win a European Cup.

I don't know what standards Chelsea had for this season when RDM was being outplayed left and right, yet calling this seasonal expectations is product of prejudice spurned by Chelsea fans who feel its trendy to hate on the man who was called upon to lead their club into success to which he has greatly optimized on.

Such standards are only spawned in football manager.

Make his CV look better? Case and point here why I don't buy your points on Rafa's intentions.

His tenure in Chelsea is a success.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu May 16, 2013 12:29 am

Kick is crying in bed now pissed off that Chelsea won the EL. Bet he would have preferred if they got knocked out in QFs, if it meant they'd have 75 points in the league instead of 72.

Wonder why he bother to wake up and watch the game, if the EL trophy is ONLY FOR RAFA'S CV, and not Chelsea as a football club.

Everything that's wrong with football these days.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 am

Are we talking about the Same RDM that was undefeated in the first 8 games? scratch

I would also like to put it out there that No Chelsea fan is happy at our management for hiring Rafa in the first place, we do not solely hate Rafa, we also have a strong dislike towards Roman for doing it.

I will also say, he did not fail but it was not a success. We did not improve, we did gain anything from appointing him. All he did was the least possible work to get the job done. He didn't go above and beyond that. He did nothing to make me change my mind about him. If he really wanted to prove himself, he would have tried to win the Chelsea fans hearts. He didn't.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:

Cmon man, Kick can't be everything that's wrong with football these days. He's good lad Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 12:35 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:Kick is crying in bed now pissed off that Chelsea won the EL. Bet he would have preferred if they got knocked out in QFs, if it meant they'd have 75 points in the league instead of 72.

Wonder why he bother to wake up and watch the game, if the EL trophy is ONLY FOR RAFA'S CV, and not Chelsea as a football club.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t20017p36-the-official-celebration-picture-thread#900621

Certainly am, no wait. I am celebrating the victory of our players.

I am wondering when you are gonna at least try debate what ever point you're trying to make instead of making just plain stupid claims. Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 am

Kick wrote:

Arquitecto wrote:

Well I can't speak for everyone else, but I certainly grew to like Milan for some reason after that final.

Milan Proud
You Proud
Dat Liverpool fans Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 16, 2013 12:38 am

windkick wrote:These threads remind me as to why I hate Chelsea and it's horrible fans.

And the double standard for RDM who finished 6th vs Rafa is ridiculous.

Also the comments Rafa made about Chelsea are legit. If they bothered the Chelsea fans, it's because deep down they know it's true

This absolutely disgusting, but its not surprising they were no bigger than West Ham before Russian oil money came along they clearly don't know how to behave like champions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 am

Tonight is Chelsea's night, Benitez' name wouldn't be on the trophy,it would be Chelsea's name. What you lot should be doing is congratulating them, whatever they did worked. Again Congratulations to Kick, Gil and all the Chelsea fans on this forum, you deserve it, don't let some bitter posters rain on your parade.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 12:42 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
windkick wrote:These threads remind me as to why I hate Chelsea and it's horrible fans.

And the double standard for RDM who finished 6th vs Rafa is ridiculous.

Also the comments Rafa made about Chelsea are legit. If they bothered the Chelsea fans, it's because deep down they know it's true

This absolutely disgusting, but its not surprising they were no bigger than West Ham before Russian oil money came along they clearly don't know how to behave like champions.

Rolling Eyes The same west ham that finished below us in every season back to 2000? I can't be bothered going back further because you're claim is wrong.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 12:43 am

buddytaller wrote:Tonight is Chelsea's night, Benitez' name wouldn't be on the trophy,it would be Chelsea's name. What you lot should be doing is congratulating them, whatever they did worked. Again Congratulations to Kick, Gil and all the Chelsea fans on this forum, you deserve it, don't let some bitter posters rain on your parade.

:bow: :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 am

IMO!, Rafa did not fail, but he was not a great success. He was never going to be a long term manager at Chelsea, he knows it and the fans know it. I think he should have stuck to his words but he came anyways. Yes it was absoloutely awesome to win EL and he had his fair share in it. But he is a figure that fans hate, and I would never understand why he came here. But ok, job done.. thank you.. but please go. and in the end, I still don't like him. A manager should bond with the fans and the players more than anything. Fans are what football clubs are build around, if that connection is not there might as well not play football. This is the same reason why you guys still support Suarez. Same way we love Terry, although he does a lot of shit.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 am

Kick wrote:Are we talking about the Same RDM that was undefeated in the first 8 games? scratch

I would also like to put it out there that No Chelsea fan is happy at our management for hiring Rafa in the first place, we do not solely hate Rafa, we also have a strong dislike towards Roman for doing it.

I will also say, he did not fail but it was not a success. We did not improve, we did gain anything from appointing him. All he did was the least possible work to get the job done. He didn't go above and beyond that. He did nothing to make me change my mind about him. If he really wanted to prove himself, he would have tried to win the Chelsea fans hearts. He didn't.

Except his intention never was to win Chelsea hearts or a long term future at all. His words and statements clearly dictate his short-term interim endeavours which transcends into short term solutions, tactics and systems until Chelsea find a suitable replacement for him. The man is smart enough to understand that a whole fanbase who dislikes him will never endear to him for obvious reasons.

RDM's first 8 games are irrelevant to how his tenure ended. Keep in mind I condemn his sacking on multiple counts yet then again no surprise since Roman has little education on how to run a club let alone education. Yet his team was tactically a mess, had little cohesion, did not have the key points addressed and was a slur or inconsistency to which results were sketchy.

Benitez actually built a stable side with a squad who he has 0 familiarity with; keypoints of imbalance, besides JT, average CBs which is a nightmare for any tactician and a striker who is beyond help.

Once again, what is above and beyond the expectations? Forget all the outliers and factors running against him, did you really expect to have Chelsea finish above City in 2nd and win the Europa League despite the little depth, balance and propensity to use his squad given the circumstances? Not buying it.

I don't expect you or Chelsea fans to endear to him as such prejudices are built to last, especially in the release of circumstances of firing a club legendf without consent. Rafa performed against the mind-blowing inertia running against him. Also

-Made Torres at least half servicable.
-Developed Azpi to which RDM played Iva as RB instead, which was comedic
- Actually noticed Luiz is shambles in the back and would be of some use in the pivot.
-Improved Hazard's haphazard performances by changing Torres' channels of movement to allow him more freedom of space to perform, to which he finally has began to do.

I doubt he cares about winning their hearts as otherwise there would be an apology for his words, which they weren't. He was brought in to commit to a job, to which he adhered to professionally, secured 3rd spot ie the main objective and won Chelsea the Europa League against the odds v Benfica.

He'll be leaving with a smile on his face.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu May 16, 2013 12:47 am

buddytaller wrote:Tonight is Chelsea's night, Benitez' name wouldn't be on the trophy,it would be Chelsea's name. What you lot should be doing is congratulating them, whatever they did worked. Again Congratulations to Kick, Gil and all the Chelsea fans on this forum, you deserve it, don't let some bitter posters rain on your parade.

No.

Chelsea fans are saying they didn't want to win the EL. They are saying "Rafa wanted to win the EL in order to enhance his CV. He sacrificed our league campaign for it".

They deserve EFF ALL.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 16, 2013 12:47 am

Chelsea fans: what were your goals for Rafa when he took over?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 16, 2013 12:53 am

Chelsea fans targets: win everything and play well. Club targets after DM sacking: top 3. Rafa target: 3rd and a cup.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 am

Hey Seps, hows the Knee, pretty sore I bet? Keep hatin' mate. I gotta tell ya, Tasting this victory Champaign tastes pretty good.

Arquitecto wrote:
Kick wrote:Are we talking about the Same RDM that was undefeated in the first 8 games? scratch

Except his intention never was to win Chelsea hearts or a long term future at all. His words and statements clearly dictate his short-term interim endeavours which transcends into short term solutions, tactics and systems until Chelsea find a suitable replacement for him. The man is smart enough to understand that a whole fanbase who dislikes him will never endear to him for obvious reasons.

RDM's first 8 games are irrelevant to how his tenure ended. Keep in mind I condemn his sacking on multiple counts yet then again no surprise since Roman has little education on how to run a club let alone education. Yet his team was tactically a mess, had little cohesion, did not have the key points addressed and was a slur or inconsistency to which results were sketchy.

Benitez actually built a stable side with a squad who he has 0 familiarity with; keypoints of imbalance, besides JT, average CBs which is a nightmare for any tactician and a striker who is beyond help.

Once again, what is above and beyond the expectations? Forget all the outliers and factors running against him, did you really expect to have Chelsea finish above City in 2nd and win the Europa League despite the little depth, balance and propensity to use his squad given the circumstances? Not buying it.

I don't expect you or Chelsea fans to endear to him as such prejudices are built to last, especially in the release of circumstances of firing a club legendf without consent. Rafa performed against the mind-blowing inertia running against him. Also

-Made Torres at least half servicable.
-Developed Azpi to which RDM played Iva as RB instead, which was comedic
- Actually noticed Luiz is shambles in the back and would be of some use in the pivot.
-Improved Hazard's haphazard performances by changing Torres' channels of movement to allow him more freedom of space to perform, to which he finally has began to do.

I doubt he cares about winning their hearts as otherwise there would be an apology for his words, which they weren't. He was brought in to commit to a job, to which he adhered to professionally, secured 3rd spot ie the main objective and won Chelsea the Europa League against the odds v Benfica.

He'll be leaving with a smile on his face.

These are the reasons why he was not a failure. These are also the reasons why he wasn't a success. He did the job. No more, no less.

Torres was better under RDM, he could actually score in the EPL. Torres only scored in the EL and that was because he had to, Ba couldn't play in the EL.

Ivanovic is a solid RB and Azpilicueta needed time to adapt IMO.

Luiz is still our best CB, not sure why you think Rafa is a genius for moving him to CM, thats be mentioned for years.

Hazard was bossing it under RDM, remember his first few games with Mata out?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu May 16, 2013 12:58 am

^^ Kick. You said, in this very same thread...that Rafa wanted to win the EL "for his own personal gain"

Don't you dare go back and edit your post.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 am

Kick, leave it mate.. after a certain point its just useless trying to explain. Rolling Eyes

we look from a different point, they look from a different point.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Chelsea fans: what were your goals for Rafa when he took over?

Not to commit suicide. Laughing

I will address our goals at the start of the season, Top 3 finish (not yet achieved.) CL knock out stages, Perhaps FAC or COC. (Both of Which Rafa failed in at semis)

I would have expected us to be much closer to United and probably top 2 by now. While Rafa didn't fail in CL, he persisted in COC, FAC and EL which made our EPL side much more tired and ultimately, If we had bundled out of FAC or COC earlier we'd be in a better position in the EPL. Not to mention the replay's we played due to Rafa's poor tactics. Rafa's will to win a trophy almost cost us CL next season.

I would have actually called rafa a success if he won the EL and got us top 2. Even if he bundled out of FAC and COC at much earlier stages.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 16, 2013 1:03 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:^^ Kick. You said, in this very same thread...that Rafa wanted to win the EL "for his own personal gain"

Don't you dare go back and edit your post.

Doesn't mean I am not happy about winning a trophy, what kind of fan wouldn't be? Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu May 16, 2013 1:05 am

Kick wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Chelsea fans: what were your goals for Rafa when he took over?

Not to commit suicide. Laughing

I will address our goals at the start of the season, Top 3 finish (not yet achieved.) CL knock out stages, Perhaps FAC or COC. (Both of Which Rafa failed in at semis)

I would have expected us to be much closer to United and probably top 2 by now. While Rafa didn't fail in CL, he persisted in COC, FAC and EL which made our EPL side much more tired and ultimately, If we had bundled out of FAC or COC earlier we'd be in a better position in the EPL. Not to mention the replay's we played due to Rafa's poor tactics. Rafa's will to win a trophy almost cost us CL next season.

I would have actually called rafa a success if he won the EL and got us top 2. Even if he bundled out of FAC and COC at much earlier stages.

You expected top 2 ???? your team finished 6th last season. 25 points behind the TOP 2.

when Rafa took over, you were 4th.

and you expected to finish Top 2 back in November ?, which means cutting a 25 points deficit from the abject failure of AVB and RDM in the league previous season...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 16, 2013 1:08 am

Kick wrote:I will address our goals at the start of the season, Top 3 finish (not yet achieved.) CL knock out stages, Perhaps FAC or COC. (Both of Which Rafa failed in at semis)

You guys are impossible to please. What difference is there between top 3 and top 2? they're both automatically qualified for the CL and frankly he got the team when it was 4th ffs.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 16, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next