Jack Daniels
Zealous
BarcaLearning
McAgger
Swanhends
42 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 4 Empty Re: Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion

Post by Kick Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:57 pm

I don't understand why people are posting mistakes, everyone makes them. If I were to film anyones life I could bring out highlights like that.

Webb was a fantastic reff, much better than most. I am actually disappointed I won't see him reffing in the EPL.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 4 Empty Re: Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:06 am

Kick wrote:I don't understand why people are posting mistakes, everyone makes them. If I were to film anyones life I could bring out highlights like that.

Webb was a fantastic reff, much better than most. I am actually disappointed I won't see him reffing in the EPL.

These are the same people who post strikers missing sitters and goalkeepers letting goals in by error.

It happens over the course of a career. Posting a video or gifs of it proves nothing because everybody has a collection.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 am

Kick wrote:I don't understand why people are posting mistakes, everyone makes them. If I were to film anyones life I could bring out highlights like that.

He WASN'T a fantastic referee though, as the statistics prove. Any referee who is unable or unwilling to make correct calls simply because they're "too big" and may affect the outcome of a match cannot be considered a great referee.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:15 am

I quite liked him as a ref. I guess he avoided making big calls but too many refs love the sound of their own whistle these days and it's nice to see games where players who go down crying after getting muscled off of the ball don't get rewarded with a cheap free kick. He did let games flow and from a neutral standpoint that's a very good thing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:16 am

Nah he's not a fantastic ref, he made more key mistakes than any ref in the PL. People love because he let's the game flow and doesn't let players intimidate him.

But when it comes to actual decisions he's very poor and there's many refs above him in that regard.

People can say bla bla bla humans make mistakes...yes they do but nowhere near as many as Webb does.

If he wasn't built like a tank he would have never got the praise he did.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:22 am

He not only soils his pants in big game decisions yet consistently makes calls pulled right from his (well developed) ass and knows no one will face up to him given that he is the Yorkshire Hercules.

Letting the game flow? If Tom came in with his bulldozer while throwing moonshine bombs left and right Howard the Coward would still be "letting the game flow".

Garbage referee.

Last edited by Arquitescu on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:23 am

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:28 pm

Thoroughly weirded out to hear than Howard Webb and Bibiane Steinhaus have been a couple for 5 years and are now married

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 4 Sie-haben-sich-getraut-Bibiana-Steinhaus-heiratet-ihren-Howard-Webb_big_teaser_article_webp
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4