Jack Daniels
Zealous
BarcaLearning
McAgger
Swanhends
42 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 2 Empty Re: Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion

Post by abetelle Wed May 01, 2013 2:11 am

Most English referees are out of shape compared to referees from the other big leagues. Webb, is in shape. That helps.

abetelle
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 2 Empty Re: Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion

Post by Toffer Harley Wed May 01, 2013 2:14 am

Zealous wrote:
ELO wrote:
Zealous wrote:

This is a man's game. Lewa got baptised tonight.

Abramovich wrote:Ramos should have been sent off.

...this

Go play curling or something if you're not man enough for this game. Ramos was aggressive but getting a red card? lol I thought Germans loved the physical side of the game?

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 2 Tumblr_mm3afcnwPR1qe6ixio1_500

Huge kudos to Lewandowski, he took it like a man.

exactly, that's the kind of intensity u wanna see. those elbows of ramos sure did piss the bvb supporters off but i would expect my team to show some character after what happened in the first game.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed May 01, 2013 2:43 am

Thought he had a great game. Best refereeing perfomance I have seen. Only downside is probably his decision on Ramos though apart from that very good.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 01, 2013 7:56 am

I can only echo what people have already said here, he had a good game. Personally I like it that he usually let's the play go on when there are 50-50 situations and doesn't blow the whistle for every bit of physical action.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 01, 2013 9:02 am

Mou is dissapointed at him... he must have had a shit game
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 am

Zealous wrote:Totally bottled the Hummels handball imo. He also let BVB get away with time wasting very early into the game.

Don't think he affected the final result though.

Agreed. That handball was a FK at the least, possibly a yellow as well.
Also, Ramos straight up punched Lewandowski in the face 3 or 4 times, and elbowed him twice. Xabi also slapped him. Ramos had no business still being on the pitch after about 45 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, you can bodycheck someone once in a while, or just divetackle into someone, and they shouldn't be a nancy boy about it, get up, and play on. But you don't elbow and punch people in the face.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 am

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 2 8695913281_d748e56cae_o

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 am

Yh Ramos was living on the edge throughout the game and so was Cacktrao. That slap by Alonso was despicable he did one on Missi as well iirc imagine if that had been Pedro or Cesc Shocked

I dont like how he allowed time wasting tho. I can understand them taking a little bit of time on throw ins but weindenfeller took timewasting to the next level and can you believe he got his deserved yellow in the 82nd minute

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Howard Webb has retired from refereeing. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Legend. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:25 pm

1 year after Fergie. "My job is done here." Predictable. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Good.

Sick and tired of him bottling decisions every season.

Especially goals (before goal line tech) and pens.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:32 pm

sad day for united
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:33 pm

Will be missed, he was always good for Real Madrid.  Razz 
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:41 pm

About time.

Utter garbage official who bonded with some teams or players like moth to incandecense. Serviceable in less important games yet looked out of his depth in large-scale situations.

Players will not miss him either given that he had the physique of Adonis thus, crowding him would not be tact.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:00 pm

dam, he was pretty good.

Man Utd's biggest loss after fergi  :coffee: 
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Actually rated him as a ref. Hope he enjoys his retirement.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:14 pm

This will be remembered as a great day in the history of Liverpool.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:22 pm

I actually liked him and thought he was a good ref. A deserved appointment for the technical director role.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:43 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuXAAoJIYAEKE6i.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Howard Webb heel turn. Joined Man City. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:54 pm

I don't understand how anyone can rate him tbh.

Whenever he reffed us he turned down at least one stonewall penalty per game sometimes 2 or 3 as was the case against Swansea last season. Laughing as well as various other bad decisions.

Maybe he just hated us but considering how he repeated the trick in many other games I saw I'm just gonna stick with the notion he was shit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't understand how anyone can rate him tbh.

Whenever he reffed us he turned down at least one stonewall penalty per game sometimes 2 or 3 as was the case against Swansea last season. Laughing as well as various other bad decisions.

Maybe he just hated us but considering how he repeated the trick in many other games I saw I'm just gonna stick with the notion he was shit.

Referees who "let the game flow" are always the highest rated for some reason. Viktor Kassai is another one of that ilk.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:03 pm

lol dat Liverpool bias. Opta should order that by points per game.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Fußball wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't understand how anyone can rate him tbh.

Referees who "let the game flow" are always the highest rated for some reason. Viktor Kassai is another one of that ilk.

When it comes to choosing between a ref who lets a lot of things go or a ref who yellow cards every tackle then you choose the first option every time. Both are not suitable scenarios but at least the game is watchable in the first option.

What is important is a ref is consistent when making decisions for both teams, that for me is what it comes down to. Clowns like Carballo or Mallenco who change their definition of a foul during a game every 5 minutes have no place in the game.

Webb had a lot of weaknesses as a ref but his consistency when making calls is what made a him a good ref overall.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 pm

He does let the game flow true, but I'd rather no flow than see the majority of important decisions called wrong. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next