Jack Daniels
Zealous
BarcaLearning
McAgger
Swanhends
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 Empty Re: Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 pm

He does let the game flow true, but I'd rather no flow than see the majority of important decisions called wrong. Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 Empty Re: Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:19 pm

He was the referee of Champions League final 2010 so he will be always nice to me Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:21 pm

If I'm not mistaken he's always had trouble with goal line decisions for whatever reason so it's unfortunate that goal line technology came so late in his case.

For stuff like penalties he's always been consistent though, at least from what I have seen. You may not agree with his interpretation of the rules but you can't say he treated teams differently in the same game.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:38 pm

The best ref in the league gone.
Was very good imo, despite the wearing a United shirt every so often.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm SO HAPPY ffs. Terrible ref. Terribly biased and favorable. This man genuinely hated us. So many unfair points lost under this pos. 12 lost out of 19 rofl I hope his life goes downhill from here.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Molenation
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 Sterling-webb

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:29 pm

Glad United did the decent thing and honoured him like a legend

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 10446653_328388450653075_5920194432514091192_n
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Don't call me James wrote:He's really great when he takes off that Dark Red of United.

Don't call me James wrote:I'm SO HAPPY ffs.  Terrible ref. Terribly biased and favorable. This man genuinely hated us. So many unfair points lost under this pos. 12 lost out of 19 rofl  I hope his life goes downhill from here.

dat flip flop

LOL love all the butthurt Liverpool fans rofl

just accept you have been shit for 20 years and weren't good enough and leave Webb's reputation alone

no ref is perfect, they are human....he was one of the best in europe
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Good ref happy retirement Molenation 
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Legend Molenation
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:37 pm

One of the best in Europe rofl I really fail to see how people actually think this.

He constantly makes errors including on the big stage like not even booking De Jong for fly kicking Alonso in a World Cup Final.

Awful ref, not even close to being the best in the PL matter about Europe lmao.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:38 pm

One of the best in Europe. Will be missed Molenation
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Arsenal with a better record under Webb than United hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:40 pm

No pen

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 16-02-2014-GifNumber-156

No foul

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 Luis-suarez-penalty-shout
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Webby Proud

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 Tumblr_n5l49r7xC71qaorn7o1_400
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Don't call me James wrote:No pen

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 16-02-2014-GifNumber-156

No foul

Howie Webb: The big man for the big occasion - Page 3 Luis-suarez-penalty-shout

both on diver Suarez...not surprising Laughing he had reputation
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Not surprising as I said he's a bottle merchant which consistently refused to make a decision regarding goals crossing the line and penalties.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Zealous wrote:If I'm not mistaken he's always had trouble with goal line decisions for whatever reason so it's unfortunate that goal line technology came so late in his case.

For stuff like penalties he's always been consistent though, at least from what I have seen. You may not agree with his interpretation of the rules but you can't say he treated teams differently in the same game.

Goal line isn't up to the center ref anyway, you're counting on your linesmen to be able to see it and tell you if it crossed the line. The final decision is of course up to the center, but he'll always trust his linesman unless he's like 5 yards away and clearly sees it cross the line. We have technology now anyway so that shouldn't be a problem.

I always thought his decisions were pretty good overall. He does a massive amount of games so I'm not surprised if he misses a couple here or there, that tends to happen. Refs are human. Overall what I thought was best about him was his control of the game. Always was able to keep the game in control. WC final 2010 was a very difficult game and he did indeed miss a big call, but with a worse ref, that could have been a lot worse.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm

gtfo with that second gif. Suarez wasn't getting the ball and he was nowhere near it. He receives a slight touch and goes down. In no world is that a PK, get up Suarez ffs

I can agree the first gif should have been a PK
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:22 pm

Molenation to the GOAT referee
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Almost certain there was a comprehensive look at PL referees and the statistics clearly showed that Webb DID in fact tend to "bottle" it in high pressure situations and refused to make game-changing calls even when they were fairly clear. Will try to dig it up.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 pm

BOOM

Telegrpah Report wrote:

One thing we didn't find was any evidence of club bias. Webb has given penalties to Manchester United at Old Trafford and given penalties against United at Old Trafford. He's decided to send off Steven Gerrard and decided not to send off Steven Gerrard.

What it does show is that since 2010, he has become a lot more wary of influencing a game. He's less likely to give a penalty late on, and less likely still if there's a chance it might affect the result. He's less likely to send a home player off, less likely to award a penalty with a red card and has never, ever sent a player off in the first 15 minutes. Lee Clattermole, hope you're taking notes.

What this means is that the next time there's a big 50-50 decision to be made in a big game - a last-minute penalty, for example, or a crucial sending off - then there's a strong chance Webb will simply wave play on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10644977/The-stats-that-prove-Howard-Webb-bottles-big-decisions.html
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:One of the best in Europe rofl I really fail to see how people actually think this.

He constantly makes errors including on the big stage like not even booking De Jong for fly kicking Alonso in a World Cup Final.

Awful ref, not even close to being the best in the PL matter about Europe lmao.

He's still better then every ref in lol liga :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:44 pm

First and only referee to book Messi for diving and sent off Guardiola for misbehaving. In the same game. Legend. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:57 pm

I don't understand why people are posting mistakes, everyone makes them. If I were to film anyones life I could bring out highlights like that.

Webb was a fantastic reff, much better than most. I am actually disappointed I won't see him reffing in the EPL.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next