tahaa89
ErPupone
Brigate Rossonere
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
McLewis
34 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by gb Fri 18 Jul - 20:01:36

Projected starting line up for 14/15 season:
MDS
Maicon Benatia Castan Cole
De Rossi
Pjanic Nainggolan
Gervinho Totti Iturbe
Or
MDS
Maicon Benatia Castan Cole
DeRossi Pjanic
Gervinho Totti Iturbe
Destro

gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by flameas Fri 18 Jul - 20:12:22

Strootman will bench Naingollan at some point. : )
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Fri 18 Jul - 20:19:47

This is for opening day mate. Yea no doubt if he returns to his pre-injury form but I think its just ridiculous for us to assume that after he tore his ACL. I mean let's be realistic here, even with modern day medicine and surgery ACL tears are quite serious
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu 12 Feb - 0:48:05

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/06/19/what-as-roma-fans-can-expect-from-new-boss-rudi-garcia/
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 12 Feb - 18:46:22

Yeah I got the similar downlow from a few of the Ligue 1 lads on here about him. Kinda why I'm not uber surprised by how this season has gone so far.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat 14 Feb - 5:02:46

yeah and unfortunately i don't see it getting any better. I'm scratching my head in confusion of what is their motive to for buying so many players that only have pace to offer. do they really except teams to play with high defence line against us and leave room for these players to maneuver?. what is going to happen when they defend deep and counter us?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat 14 Feb - 18:05:24

IMHO Best way to beat teams like that is to blitz them early and not give them time to settle into their defensive strategy. A goal or 2 needs to come from that early blitz so that the opponent is forced to come out of their shell and get back in the game, thus opening themselves up to easier attacks.

Rudi appeared to understand this last year, but I'm not so sure what changed in that regard this year.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon 16 Feb - 2:26:16

He did that(tried to do) this year too but eventually got figured out as defence didn't hold up and we conceded goals, Bayern didnt help the cause either.
. what is going to happen when they defend deep and counter us?
yup Parma game is the sample of whats going to happen next. Very depressing
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Mon 16 Feb - 21:17:56

Calma, teams stopped playing open and started to defend deep and counter you since the 0-3 match against Inter last year. It's not like Garcia has no clue on how to beat them.

I think the reasons are that Totti with injuries/aging/midweek football is not playing as often and at the level of last season, he's being rested way more often and Garcia always subs him off very early; Strootman due to injury and Naingolann stepping in majestically has been dropped in favour of the latter and, despite playing very well, Naingolann just doesn't offer what Strootman offered last season, he's a completely different player and perhaps not suited to play alongside Pjanic like the dutch was; Gervinho, despite one could argue that he's a counter-attacking player, always managed to get past his man and create a goalscoring chance against PTB teams, and the closest player to do that ATM has been Verde because there are no similar players to him.
Another reason is that Roma's defense has been way more shaky than last season and I believe that played an important psychological role last season because when you play knowing that most certainly you won't concede it allows you to attack in a more comfortable way and at the same time it demoralizes the whole opponent teams, which now is gone.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon 16 Feb - 22:37:31

Gervinho is a decent player but the main reason he got success in Roma was Totti. Totti plays in between the lines of midfield and defense of the opponent and to counter that they can send their defense up which gives player like gervinho less to do or they Can sent midfield back witch gives pjanic more room to co-create.can gervinho dribble defensive mid, left back, central defender? NO even CR7 cant do in on constant basis. Is Ibarbo and Iturbe the same? No none of them are dribblers and work by sheer pace.What that means is the responsibility on Totti increases.
I love Totti as much as any Romanisti but he is going to be 39YO and building a team around a 39 years old player is not wise
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Tue 14 Jul - 19:11:58

So far this pre-season Rudi has been experimenting with the squad formation, which is a great sign for out team. I still believe we will see the 4-3-3 for the majority of the season but at least he's willing to become more flexible tactically.

4-3-3 lineup:
MDS
Maicon/Toro/Flo - Manolas/YMB/DDR - Castan/Romagnoli - Cole/?
Pjanic/Ucan/Paredes - DDR/Ninja/Keita - Ninja/Stroots
Iturbe/Flo/Ibarbo - Destro/Totti/Doumbia - Totti/Ljajic/Falque/Gervinho

4-2-3-1 lineup:
MDS
Maicon/Toro/Flo - Manolas/YMB/DDR - Castan/Romagnoli - Cole/?
DDR/Keita - Ninja/Stroots
Iturbe/Flo - Totti/Pjanic/Ljajic/Paredes - Ljajic/Falque/Gervinho
Destro/Totti
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue 1 Sep - 21:00:30

Our squad strangely reminds me of milan's in 2010-11 with lower quality but the certain aspect of it makes me think 4-3-1-2 should be the formation to use
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 13 Sep - 19:19:46

Great to see the 4-2-3-1 trotted out to good effect. Just a shame it had to happen because of Pjanic's injury.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11