tahaa89
ErPupone
Brigate Rossonere
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
McLewis
34 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:17 pm

Pjanic >>>>Montolivo smoking

Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by ErPupone Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Just to bump this thread...

-Anyone else think Lamela should be taking more corners?
-Pjanic's free kicks have been pretty good, him and Totti to take them.
-Defending on set pieces, a huge problem. So much confusion with marking and even when we do head them out, we take up the wrong positions. If we could settle this problem, it would really save us a lot of goals against.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:47 pm

ErPupone wrote:Just to bump this thread...

-Defending on set pieces, a huge problem. So much confusion with marking and even when we do head them out, we take up the wrong positions. If we could settle this problem, it would really save us a lot of goals against.

1.Yes.

2.Agree,Pjanic can get it up and over the wall unlike Totti's FK's which 95% of time are just blast the ball,which does work out sometimes.

3.Baldini should hire a defensive coach to work alongside LE,because I don't think LE knows anything about defending.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 am

The Fonz wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Just to bump this thread...

1.Yes.

2.Agree,Pjanic can get it up and over the wall unlike Totti's FK's which 95% of time are just blast the ball,which does work out sometimes.

3.Baldini should hire a defensive coach to work alongside LE,because I don't think LE knows anything about defending.

Well Totti obviously likes blasting the ball, though he is very capable of placing it:

couldn't get a better video, but this was a good one

I don't know why he doesn't try to do it more often. The footballs were different back then (he definitely preferred them), so that might be a reason.

And yea we could use a defensive coach to help out Enrique, especially since one of the only ones left from last season is Andreazzoli who is an offensive coach.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:12 pm

To reanimate this section a bit...

Here's a video I came across showing just how important Totti still is for our club.

The goals may not be coming as much as last season, but he's still a passing machine.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:49 pm

^^^ Nice find Mike

That Totti flick pass against Inter,I could watch it all day,pure class. :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:08 pm

He's been playing incredibly deep, though that was expected at the beginning of this season. He's extremely important in that role and, I feel comfortable in saying, he's one of the only ones in the world capable of pulling it off to that extent. He just keeps our play flowing beautifully, such ease in his movements, it's a joy to watch.

The only other player I could see pulling this role off is Pjanic, but even then, he's still quite different. His passing isn't as accurate as Totti's (but no one else's is, so we can't blame him for that), and he likes to run with the ball through the center a little more.

All in all, until we improve our midfield with some good acquisitions and/or through the integration and development of some of our promising youngsters, we will always rely on Totti to control our tempo and provide those splitting passes.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 pm

ErPupone wrote:He's been playing incredibly deep, though that was expected at the beginning of this season. He's extremely important in that role and, I feel comfortable in saying, he's one of the only ones in the world capable of pulling it off to that extent. He just keeps our play flowing beautifully, such ease in his movements, it's a joy to watch.

The only other player I could see pulling this role off is Pjanic, but even then, he's still quite different. His passing isn't as accurate as Totti's (but no one else's is, so we can't blame him for that), and he likes to run with the ball through the center a little more.

All in all, until we improve our midfield with some good acquisitions and/or through the integration and development of some of our promising youngsters, we will always rely on Totti to control our tempo and provide those splitting passes.

I'd say Lamela could play that role to.He has a good eye for a pass and great ability to dribble past players at ease when he's up for it.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:52 am

Lamela's better when he's moving with the ball, similar to Pjanic, but with more pace and a lot more trickery. He's not cut out to sit back and just slice open a defense with deft passes like Totti can.

Agree with Mike, other than Totti, no one else can carry our creative burden wholly right now and that's quite worrying in the long run for us.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:43 am

I think our greatest hope for the future in that respect is Ciciretti but he's not quite ready yet. He's an attacking midfielder, but has the tendency to stay far back like Totti does. When he was with the Allievi, some commentators used to mistake him for a center back who was wearing the number 10 lol. He models his game after Totti, hopefully he'll be able to live up to those expectations.

Verre is another potential candidate and Luis Enrique has already given him some playing time (he came in against Slovan, after taking part in the ritiro).

I think what we're truly missing, aside from a decent back line, is a quality box-to-box midfielder, even though that term seems to cause confusion on the forum (remember the box-to-box left back conversation a while back in the general section :facepalm: ). Perrotta has the lungs for it, but doesn't have that touch on the ball to really contribute in our build up. Simplicio and Greco are alright, but not near good enough to continuously challenge for a starting spot. We need that midfielder with the instinct to throw himself forward, especially when Totti drops back, someone with Boateng-like characteristics.

Also, I would personally like to see Marquinho used as a LB. He hasn't impressed me all that much in midfield, though he does seem to have a pretty good left foot on him. I'm sure Osvaldo and Borini would benefit from his service if he's moved over to the left.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:43 am

How do you rate Verre defensively, Mike? He's an absolute stud going forward and definitely will develop into a goal-scoring midfielder in the Frank Lampard mold, but where do you think he is when he's on the backfoot? From what I've seen of him, he looks pretty good, but his marking needs a bit of work.

I didn't think to consider him for the trequartista role as he's nominally played deeper in the midfield, but with his vision and technique, he could definitely thrive there as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:46 am

ErPupone wrote:I think our greatest hope for the future in that respect is Ciciretti but he's not quite ready yet. He's an attacking midfielder, but has the tendency to stay far back like Totti does. When he was with the Allievi, some commentators used to mistake him for a center back who was wearing the number 10 lol. He models his game after Totti, hopefully he'll be able to live up to those expectations.

Verre is another potential candidate and Luis Enrique has already given him some playing time (he came in against Slovan, after taking part in the ritiro).

I think what we're truly missing, aside from a decent back line, is a quality box-to-box midfielder, even though that term seems to cause confusion on the forum (remember the box-to-box left back conversation a while back in the general section :facepalm: ). Perrotta has the lungs for it, but doesn't have that touch on the ball to really contribute in our build up. Simplicio and Greco are alright, but not near good enough to continuously challenge for a starting spot. We need that midfielder with the instinct to throw himself forward, especially when Totti drops back, someone with Boateng-like characteristics.

Also, I would personally like to see Marquinho used as a LB. He hasn't impressed me all that much in midfield, though he does seem to have a pretty good left foot on him. I'm sure Osvaldo and Borini would benefit from his service if he's moved over to the left.

i think you are looking for Iniesta's Role
I Thought Pjanic was the one to do so

_ _ _ _ Pjanic
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Gago
_ _ _ _ _ De Rossi

I hope they can get Isla from udinese because , I believe the weakest part of the team is the Right back , Then the centre backs , we also do need some Central Mieldfielders to have on bench incase de rossi or Gago couldnt play for injury problems or any other issue . What do you think about Bojan?
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Zeman 4 3 3

------------GK
--RWB--CB--CB---LWB
----------CM--CDM
-----------CM/CAM <<< I think he uses Totti here
W/F-----CF/F/AM>>Or Here ----W/F >>>

---------GK
------CB--CB
RWB--CM--CDM--LWb
----------CAM
-----W/F-CF-W/F (Attacking)

then with our defence we clearly have a Problem unless we get two really good defenders like ogbonna and dede Very Happy

Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote:Zeman 4 3 3

------------GK
--RWB--CB--CB---LWB
----------CM--CDM
-----------CM/CAM <<< I think he uses Totti here
W/F-----CF/F/AM>>Or Here ----W/F >>>

Everything points to Pjanic for that role, who will be playing deeper than the other midfielders. Basically, look at how Verratti played for Pescara last season, that's how our CM will be playing. If not Pjanic, Pizarro may be in luck (though his stay with us is still in doubt). If not them, then De Rossi could operate that role too, but I Zeman shifting him over to either side.

At this moment in time, Zeman would probably go for something like this:

Stekelenburg
Rosi - Burdisso - Juan - Angel
Pjanic
De Rossi ------ Marquinho
Borini ------------------ Lamela /Bojan
Totti/ Osvaldo

Possible alternatives:
- Lamela in midfield where Marquinho is positioned now.
- De Rossi in front of the defense acting as a regista, Pjanic on LW.
- Osvaldo out on the LW, a solution Zeman has attempted before.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:02 pm

ErPupone wrote:

Stekelenburg
Pjanic
Totti/ Osvaldo

I thought Pjanic in attacking mid that duo to the LE formation the competition with Totti was forced to drop into rather CM , putting him further back as a deep lying Midfielder might cause defensive problems .

Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Stekelenburg
Pjanic
Totti/ Osvaldo

I thought Pjanic in attacking mid that duo to the LE formation the competition with Totti was forced to drop into rather CM , putting him further back as a deep lying Midfielder might cause defensive problems .

Ahh but Zeman awesomeness overrules defensive problems lol. And yes, Pjanic is naturally an attacking midfielder and does operate in the same position as Totti, though they are different players. The truth is that Pjanic is still very young, has adapted to playing further back and has the passing ability to act as a regista. Whether or not it'll work out remains to be seen, we haven't seen him in such a role yet and he might not feel comfortable playing there. But he does have the talent and potential to pull it off. Again, Verratti is naturally an attacking midfielder, but Zeman dropped him back into a deep lying midfield position to great success. The same could be done with Pjanic imo.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

I can see him doing that Mike.Pjanic will be our Verratti.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Just thought I would update this section a bit with some info that I've come across lately.

- De Rossi will definitely be used in midfield, despite his good performances as a center back in the Euro so far.

- Pjanic, contrary to my original thoughts, will probably not end up being used as a regista. Zeman seems to prefer having him play further up field. Viviani is therefore our internal solution to that regista role.

- It remains to be seen whether or not Totti will be used as our center forward or as a left winger (basically, left inside forward). We know that Zeman prefers to have that physical presence in the box when it comes to his center forward. Totti may therefore be reverted back to the role he played under Zeman over a decade ago.

This of course remains to be seen, everything will be clearer once we start our ritiro and start making some definite acquisitions. But as things stand, we're looking at a situation like this:

Stekelenburg

Rosi Kjaer Burdisso Angel

Pjanic Viviani De Rossi

Borini Osvaldo Totti

Bench: Lobont, Juan, Taddei, Perrotta, Marquinho, Lamela, Bojan
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Konstantinos Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:03 am

I don't think can operate as an inside forward due to his lack of pace.I think that propably bojan and lamela will be our inside forwards(even osvaldo) and totti will drop deeper as CF to provide them with through balls. BUT we should come to terms that maybe the capitano won't be a starter this season, plus we really need a good defensive midfielder and use viviani as a backup so that DDR will play as BBX.

Konstantinos
Konstantinos
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 am

Konstantinos wrote:I don't think can operate as an inside forward due to his lack of pace.I think that propably bojan and lamela will be our inside forwards(even osvaldo) and totti will drop deeper as CF to provide them with through balls. BUT we should come to terms that maybe the capitano won't be a starter this season, plus we really need a good defensive midfielder and use viviani as a backup so that DDR will play as BBX.

Well, I thought Totti would be used as our center forward as well, but apparently Zeman is having other ideas. He feels that Totti has taken too many knocks playing so far up field and should be used slightly deeper. Also, ith the rumors of Osvaldo being on his way out, Zeman may end up using someone like Bojan or Borini just ahead of Totti.

And no matter what happens, if he's fit, Totti will be a starter. It's just so clear that we need him on the pitch as much as possible, despite who our coach is or what our formation is. His age becomes irrelevant if he continues in the same shape that he was in this past season.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Konstantinos wrote:I don't think can operate as an inside forward due to his lack of pace.I think that propably bojan and lamela will be our inside forwards(even osvaldo) and totti will drop deeper as CF to provide them with through balls. BUT we should come to terms that maybe the capitano won't be a starter this season, plus we really need a good defensive midfielder and use viviani as a backup so that DDR will play as BBX.

Totti was the best player of Roma in last season , why would a manager send his best player on bench ? I think he will use totti as a midfielder and use either Bojan/Osvaldo as a centre forward , wings would be Lamela /Borini
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Konstantinos Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote:

Totti was the best player of Roma in last season , why would a manager send his best player on bench ? I think he will use totti as a midfielder and use either Bojan/Osvaldo as a centre forward , wings would be Lamela /Borini

Totti is now 35-36 yrs old and I believe that he can be our best player for another 2 seasons, but the best way to preserve an aging player is giving him playing time much more cautiously.I totally agree with you that he should be used in the midfield with a free role.
Bojan as CF? Clubber I believe he would be a failure because of the deep defensive lines the teams are using in serie A, I would prefer to see him in the wings plus to use Borini as CF.
Konstantinos
Konstantinos
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Konstantinos wrote:
Tifoso Romanista wrote:

Totti is now 35-36 yrs old and I believe that he can be our best player for another 2 seasons, but the best way to preserve an aging player is giving him playing time much more cautiously.I totally agree with you that he should be used in the midfield with a free role.
Bojan as CF? Clubber I believe he would be a failure because of the deep defensive lines the teams are using in serie A, I would prefer to see him in the wings plus to use Borini as CF.

Borini plays better wide , he is more of a runner than someone to keep the ball up , we dont have any one else but totti for that position , Osvaldo might be able to use his physic but he has his ups and downs
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Alright, well our team seems pretty much set for the new season. I'm not expecting more arrivals unless we jump back in the market on the last day like last season. So I think we could get back and start discussing what we have to look forward to this season.

First and foremost:

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 6 39a51

Alright, next, the league just approved the 12-man substitute bench which, at least for us, is great news concerning our younger players (the likes of Florenzi, Lucca, etc). So I'd expect us to field this line-up against Catania barring any injuries (Tachtsidis is out for this one).

Stekelenburg

Piris Castan Burdisso Balzaretti

Bradley De Rossi Pjanic

Lamela Totti Destro

Bench: Svedkauskas, Lobont, Marquinhos, Romagnoli, Dodo', Taddei, Florenzi, Marquinho, Lucca, Lopez, Bojan, Osvaldo.

2 main discussion points, both regarding the front 3. Firstly, who to start on the right. To be honest guys, I expect Lopez to become a starter by December (ambitious call, but I think he'll do well this season). But I do think that Lamela is the man to look to at this point, he's one of the boys that's going to have to step up this season. Second point, the Totti-Destro combination. Destro is a very smart forward, he knows how to pick his runs, so I think Zeman will give him the freedom to switch with Totti as they see fit. Put it down however you want on paper, but they'll surely be continuously interchanging positions.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 pm

hmm

Yeah that's about the right formation that we may be seeing. If anyone's going to break into that XI, it'll be form-based primarily and based on that, We'll again have to watch Lamela very closely. If his form dips then we can expect to see Lopez get a crack at the spot.

As for midfield, I think the same thing applies with Marquinho the most likely to get a look in before Florenzi and Lucca.

Defense is where our attention really needs to be though as the form of Castan-Burdisso in the first 3-4 games is going to set the tone for what we can expect from them. Balzaretti has a pretty light injury record so I expect him to keep that LB spot locked down, but Piris is a totally unknown quantity so Taddei can get a bit of time and maybe even Dodo, if he proves versatile enough.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Would one of you guys mind doing the matchday threads for this season ?

It might bring us some luck for the new season. Thumbs up
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next