tahaa89
ErPupone
Brigate Rossonere
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
McLewis
34 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Roma fans whats your best formation for the season?
Is there a chance for Borriello to play ahead of Bojan and Osvaldo?
Lamela-starter or not?

Just look a couple of posts up lol.

Lamela could be a starter, but definitely not right away, since he's barely even trained with us. Borriello will be a sub if he stays, he doesn't really fit in to our system.

ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by sukrut23 Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:24 pm

Miralem Pjanic welcome to Roma..

well thats gotta throw everything out of the window again

pjanic should start above gago..
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:19 pm

Roma will be my favourite team in Seria A for this season Very Happy

4-3-3 could work good, I think that Enrique will try to play like with Barca.

Bojan - Toti - Lamela
Pjanić - De Rossi - Gago
Jose Angel - Juan - Burdisso - Cicinho
Stekelenburg

Can this work with Toti as False 9?
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:07 am

More than likely Osvaldo will play upfront alongside Bojan with Totti in the hole...

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 5 AbA83ZFacM

Now this could all change,if Gago can remain injury free ...If thats the case he will most likely play in De Rossi's position and De Rossi will play in Pizarro's CMF position...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:06 am

The Fonz wrote:More than likely Osvaldo will play upfront alongside Bojan with Totti in the hole...

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 5 AbA83ZFacM

Now this could all change,if Gago can remain injury free ...If thats the case he will most likely play in De Rossi's position and De Rossi will play in Pizarro's CMF position...

Well, that is right formation, we will see how will players preform, it is up to them. Enrique will insist on keepeng possesion and high pressure.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 am

Osvaldo to start instead of Lamela? Dreamers
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I don't see Lamela starting right away. He's out for a month anyway with an ankle injury that was picked up at the U-20 WC so he'll have to work himself back into fitness from that as well as adapting to the Italian game. LE's smart enough not to throw him into the deep end .

Osvaldo will get the nod methinks.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 5 C_27_photogallery_5110_GroupPhotogallery_listphoto_itemPhoto_5_immagine

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:25 am

Is anyone else a bit worried about our CB's learning to adapt to this style of play.I can't really see Juan Kjaer or Burdisso being able to play the ball out from the back i can see them making a lot errors esp Burdisso.

Last edited by The Fonz on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:41 am

Thats my biggest worry fonz. Our defense scares me in many ways if im being honest.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:42 am

Mexes would have been perfect for this style of play Sad

I see Juan adapting better than Burdisso. And that's probably why Cassetti is being considered a CB; he's better at controlling the ball than the other 3.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:33 am

Kjaer is actually pretty good at keeping the ball for a CB....I think Agger has taught him well in that area Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Juan's ability on the ball is rather underrated. I could say it's because he's Brazilian, but it's because he's simply good technically in possession. He's no Lucio , but he can certainly pick a pass when needed to and even take the ball out of the back. Tactics don't allow for him to do it much for us, but he has done it at national level for Brazil, interchanging with Lucio.

Burdisso is a bit more roughneck. He can be expected to do the dirty work, sit at home and just repel everything. He's not a ball-playing CB by any stretch of the imagination.

Kjaer definitely has that elegance about him to break up plays and start plays from the back with grace. He'll do just fine.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:03 pm

After watching La Domenica Sportiva, Adriano Balconi the tatical expert claimed that Roma will play a 4-3-3, but can also adapt a 4-3-2-1. When having possesion, the formation will shift to a 3-4-3 as that will be basically your attacking formation.

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:39 am

Guest wrote:After watching La Domenica Sportiva, Adriano Balconi the tatical expert claimed that Roma will play a 4-3-3, but can also adapt a 4-3-2-1. When having possesion, the formation will shift to a 3-4-3 as that will be basically your attacking formation.

I mentioned the 3-4-3 a little while back, Bacconi FTW!
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:50 pm

LE started playing 4-3-3 with us but recently starting playing totti in the trequartista position of a 4-2-2 diamond, which leads me to believe, it'll be a hybrid of the 2, with totti dropping deep as a false 9

here's an XI i made a while ago... on MS paint Cool

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 5 14561235412

it's not how i think they should play, but probably how LE would want them to play. if it were up to me, i'd bench cicinho, bojan, perrotta, and osvaldo. i honestly don't think that highly of these players and i really believe pjanic and rosi should be starting... but LE seems to really like perrotta since he's basically a carbon copy of him when he was a player

god help us all
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:00 am

ErPupone wrote:
Guest wrote:After watching La Domenica Sportiva, Adriano Balconi the tatical expert claimed that Roma will play a 4-3-3, but can also adapt a 4-3-2-1. When having possesion, the formation will shift to a 3-4-3 as that will be basically your attacking formation.

I mentioned the 3-4-3 a little while back, Bacconi FTW!

And I wrote Balconi by mistake :facepalm:

schnix wrote:LE started playing 4-3-3 with us but recently starting playing totti in the trequartista position of a 4-2-2 diamond, which leads me to believe, it'll be a hybrid of the 2, with totti dropping deep as a false 9

here's an XI i made a while ago... on MS paint Cool

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 5 14561235412

it's not how i think they should play, but probably how LE would want them to play. if it were up to me, i'd bench cicinho, bojan, perrotta, and osvaldo. i honestly don't think that highly of these players and i really believe pjanic and rosi should be starting... but LE seems to really like perrotta since he's basically a carbon copy of him when he was a player

god help us all

Great work, new poster and yet posts great + 1
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:56 am

If this 4-3-3 formation continues to fail do you think he might change to a 4-2-3-1...

--------------------------------------Stek--------------------------------------------

Cicinho--------------Kjaer------------------------Burdisso---------------Angel

------------------------DDR------------------Gago---------------------------------

----Borini-----------------------Pjanic----------------------------Lamela--------------

--------------------------------------Totti--------------------------------------------------

When everybody is fit..Looks sick on paper and it could work imo.. smoking
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:06 am

The Fonz wrote:If this 4-3-3 formation continues to fail do you think he might change to a 4-2-3-1...

--------------------------------------Stek--------------------------------------------

------------------------DDR------------------Gago---------------------------------

----Borini-----------------------Pjanic----------------------------Lamela--------------

--------------------------------------Totti--------------------------------------------------

this is probably the best way for us to play. no one's harshly playing out of position, and this is probably the closest we have to a "default" formation since 2006
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:12 am

schnix wrote:
The Fonz wrote:If this 4-3-3 formation continues to fail do you think he might change to a 4-2-3-1...

this is probably the best way for us to play. no one's harshly playing out of position, and this is probably the closest we have to a "default" formation since 2006

Exactly,everyone know's their position.I hope Enrique considers it if we don't see any improvements against Parma..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:16 am

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Great on paper, don't know how Luis Enrique would approach it though. Obviously Cicinho and Angel are going to push high up, that's a given. But then, since De Rossi and Gago will be in charge of our midfield and Pjanic will be pushed up, there's the danger of the team splitting in midfield. De Rossi won't be as inclined to drop into that defensive line, leaving us a little exposed there. I think we will still have the problem that we've had in the past of always being exposed to counters. But in attack, it's definitely much more dangerous than our usual lineup under Montella last year. Lamela is definitely better suited for that position than Menez is, while Vucinic from last season won't really be missed and Borini wouldn't have big shoes to fill. Pjanic would have to put in just a bit more effort, while Perrotta from the bench is a reliable option.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:55 am

ISLA--------------Kjaer------------------------Juan---------------Angel

------------------------DDR------------------MONTOLIVO---------------------------------

----TEVEZ-----------------------Pjanic----------------------------Lamela--------------

Image this. :lol!: Afro :flower:
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:42 pm

montolivo's likely going to milan in the summer

isla is @!#$ expensive, but i really hope we get him

and giuseppe rossi instead of tevez pleaseeee
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Montolivo rejected a move to us during the summer, he was waiting for a bigger offer (Milan). I wanted him too, but now f*$% him.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:17 pm

Pjanic >>>>Montolivo smoking
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next