tahaa89
ErPupone
Brigate Rossonere
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
McLewis
34 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 am

narbeZ wrote:
The Fonz wrote:New formation

--------------------------------------Stekelenburg---------------------------------------

Cassetti-------------------Kjaer----------------------Juan---------------------Angel--

-----------------------------------------Fernando-------------------------------------------

------------DDR------------------------------------------------------Montolivo-----------

----------Osvaldo------------------------Totti-------------------------Bojan-------------

Top 3 right there

I like the look of that. Replace Cassetti with Cassani, and Osvaldo with Cassano and I'd be happy. We are still about 25 million away from having that good of a lineup though...

Yeah shame we didn't make a move for Cassani ..He would've solved our RB problems..

Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread

Post by InterMalia Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Sabatini: "We want Santon but it depends on Inter"

How do you feel about this?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 pm

InterMalia wrote:Sabatini: "We want Santon but it depends on Inter"

How do you feel about this?

Can't possibly be any worse than Cicinho.

Wouldn't mind it in the least.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 pm

If it means Cicinho is out, then sure. If it means Cicinho and Santon for RB, with Rosi out in the cold and Cassetti as a center back sub, then no.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Where will Gago play if he arrives ...DMF or CMF ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:09 am

I would say as a CM, not DM. But if it was my choice, on the bench.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 am

ErPupone wrote:I would say as a CM, not DM. But if it was my choice, on the bench.

Ha if it was my choice Mike this guy wouldn't be even coming here.. Razz

Anyways Gago is a DMF isn't he ? So I would think that he will play as a DMF..

------------------------------------Gago-------------------------------------
-----------------DDR------------------------------------?--------------------

? = Hopefully Montolivo...

Last edited by The Fonz on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 am

Montolivo?
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:22 am

Geo wrote:Montolivo?

Yeah we're heavily linked with him atm...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:27 am

But Fiorentina said that they will never sell him to Serie A club..
I'm just asking because Bayern are close to make a deal with him as well.

I hope so.. he can be the only direct backup for Schweinsteiger..
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 am

Geo wrote:But Fiorentina said that they will never sell him to Serie A club..
I'm just asking because Bayern are close to make a deal with him as well.

I hope so.. he can be the only direct backup for Schweinsteiger..

I wouldn't take any heed of what he says ..Presidents,Directors say that sort of shit all the time...I'm sure if we offer a good amount they'll let him go ...They won't want to lose him on a free next season...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:28 am

Well..

I don't mind the Osvaldo move, but the dollar figure is absolutly ludicrious. Which makes me dislike it...

I don't see why Enrique is interested in getting a Real Madrid bench player...We are an ambitious side also... I don't see how Gago helps us out.

Fernando/Montolivo are the first two good names I've heard in a while we've been linked with (besides Fantantonio)...

I'm not sure what Enrique is trying to build, but its making me nervous...We are going to be susceptible at the back to the counter attacking style, which is how 85% of teams play in Serie A. Check the Valencia game and recent Slovan game for some proof...

I'm so excited, but I'm also nervous for this Sunday. Bologna can defend, and the Di Vaio can score. Should be a good test for the lads.

narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:19 am

narbeZ wrote:Well..

I don't mind the Osvaldo move, but the dollar figure is absolutly ludicrious. Which makes me dislike it...

I don't see why Enrique is interested in getting a Real Madrid bench player...We are an ambitious side also... I don't see how Gago helps us out.

Fernando/Montolivo are the first two good names I've heard in a while we've been linked with (besides Fantantonio)...

I'm not sure what Enrique is trying to build, but its making me nervous...We are going to be susceptible at the back to the counter attacking style, which is how 85% of teams play in Serie A. Check the Valencia game and recent Slovan game for some proof...

I'm so excited, but I'm also nervous for this Sunday. Bologna can defend, and the Di Vaio can score. Should be a good test for the lads.

No matches this weekend because of the *bleep* strike ...

And if that wasn't bad enough there are International matches next week...

Serie A won't start till the 10th of September ..

Mad Mad Mad
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:39 am

The Fonz wrote:

Mad Mad Mad

Shocked

Until when?

We play Barcelona on the 13th.

Panic.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:41 am

dostoevsky wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

Mad Mad Mad

Shocked

Until when?

We play Barcelona on the 13th.

Panic.

affraid

http://www.soccerway.com/national/italy/serie-a/2011-2012/regular-season/
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:43 am

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 Tumblr_lkmmrkb0RI1qgbokno1_r4_250
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:49 am

dostoevsky wrote:Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 Tumblr_lkmmrkb0RI1qgbokno1_r4_250

I'm sure Max has something up his sleeve... Wink

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 E6rjbc

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:59 am

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 Ignazio-Abate

Wink

That's enough derailing from me now. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:56 pm

So with Osvaldo's arrival, there have been a lot of questions raised about how exactly he will fit into the starting lineup. He obviously won't take Totti's spot in the middle; he is most likely going to be deployed on the right, alongside Totti and Bojan. At first glance he would seem really out of place out on the wing. But I've been paying close attention to our setup during the recent friendlies and in both matches against Slovan and I think Osvaldo may not be that out of place. It will only cause a few tweaks in the lineup and in the formation to fit him in.

All summer we've been talking about Enrique's 4-3-3. However, when in possession, this changes around quite a bit. Our CDM (at this moment in time, De Rossi) always drops very far back, into our back-line and directs the play. This position is very crucial; we need a really complete midfielder capable of defending (good man marking, good in the air) but also with the ability of playing as a deep lying playmaker. De Rossi fits this role perfectly, while Fernando would be a good option as well as he is very much capable of launching an attack. The full backs, on the other hand, will both advance simultaneously to the point of being in line with our attackers. Totti will drop back as he always does, while his attacking partners will naturally take up a more central role. All of these movements together changes our original 4-3-3 into a dirty version of a 3-4-1-2/ 3-5-2 (the numbers don't really matter, but it's just to put it in simpler terms).

[img]Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 AbA7wjPakP[/img]

Basically, the point I am trying to make is the following. Osvaldo will probably not have as difficult of a time fitting in as we first thought. There will only be a few tweaks in order to fit him in. The first is that Cicinho, unfortunately, will have to be on the right flank. Enrique wants at least one of his attackers to always partner up with his corresponding full back. This will not happen with Osvaldo as he is not a winger and will naturally try to cut towards goal. Therefore, Cicinho will have to be deployed on the right flank as he will contribute more offensively than someone like Cassetti or Rosi. Cicinho will make up for that lack of width that comes with Osvlado by pushing very far up. Secondly, Totti will have to drop even further back and more often than usual. If he does not, we would be just too congested through the middle and he wouldn't see the ball as often as he should. By dropping back, he would help in dictating play even more and be even more capable of supplying Cicinho who will not have many options when going forward aside from crossing the ball in.

So I think our formation will only be a 4-3-3 in name; in reality it'll be more of a 3-5-2 when going forward and a sort of 5-2-3 when dropping back to defend, as De Rossi will be in line with Juan and Burdisso. Any thoughts?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:55 am

ErPupone wrote:So with Osvaldo's arrival, there have been a lot of questions raised about how exactly he will fit into the starting lineup. He obviously won't take Totti's spot in the middle; he is most likely going to be deployed on the right, alongside Totti and Bojan. At first glance he would seem really out of place out on the wing. But I've been paying close attention to our setup during the recent friendlies and in both matches against Slovan and I think Osvaldo may not be that out of place. It will only cause a few tweaks in the lineup and in the formation to fit him in.

All summer we've been talking about Enrique's 4-3-3. However, when in possession, this changes around quite a bit. Our CDM (at this moment in time, De Rossi) always drops very far back, into our back-line and directs the play. This position is very crucial; we need a really complete midfielder capable of defending (good man marking, good in the air) but also with the ability of playing as a deep lying playmaker. De Rossi fits this role perfectly, while Fernando would be a good option as well as he is very much capable of launching an attack. The full backs, on the other hand, will both advance simultaneously to the point of being in line with our attackers. Totti will drop back as he always does, while his attacking partners will naturally take up a more central role. All of these movements together changes our original 4-3-3 into a dirty version of a 3-4-1-2/ 3-5-2 (the numbers don't really matter, but it's just to put it in simpler terms).

[img]Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 AbA7wjPakP[/img]

Basically, the point I am trying to make is the following. Osvaldo will probably not have as difficult of a time fitting in as we first thought. There will only be a few tweaks in order to fit him in. The first is that Cicinho, unfortunately, will have to be on the right flank. Enrique wants at least one of his attackers to always partner up with his corresponding full back. This will not happen with Osvaldo as he is not a winger and will naturally try to cut towards goal. Therefore, Cicinho will have to be deployed on the right flank as he will contribute more offensively than someone like Cassetti or Rosi. Cicinho will make up for that lack of width that comes with Osvlado by pushing very far up. Secondly, Totti will have to drop even further back and more often than usual. If he does not, we would be just too congested through the middle and he wouldn't see the ball as often as he should. By dropping back, he would help in dictating play even more and be even more capable of supplying Cicinho who will not have many options when going forward aside from crossing the ball in.

So I think our formation will only be a 4-3-3 in name; in reality it'll be more of a 3-5-2 when going forward and a sort of 5-2-3 when dropping back to defend, as De Rossi will be in line with Juan and Burdisso. Any thoughts?

I reckon if we get Gago things could change ..I could see him sitting in front of the back 4 or (2) instead of ddr... The wingbacks to push way up the field like the last night so really we wil be playing with 2 at the back when we have possession ..Now De Rossi, playing ahead of Gago with the licence to go forward whenever he can Perrotta in there to add some steel alongside DDR and for his great workrate...Totti to drop back into the hole to create for the forwards ...Something like this...

Tactics, Formations, and Strategy Thread - Page 4 AbA7IpcakG

I think it could work...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 am

Well Greco would have that same role. He doesn't offer as much defensive stability, but he covers quite a bit of ground and is a good passer.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pato-7 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:06 pm

How about:

Stekelenburg
Santon - Kjaer - Burdisso - Angel
Gago - De Rossi - Pizzaro
Bojan - Totti - Lamela

?

Sure Santon might be hard to capture, but all the signings are realistic for the club and would make a decent squad. Could even put Osvaldo in either Bojan or Lamela's role, but like Lamela, I am not really sure of what his height is and what he is capable of. What puts me off is that he has flopped in Serie A once already.

The biggest problem about this team is that it is made for LE and LE only. What happens if he flops and is sacked? Who do you give this team to? I like the Roma project and think it could succeed, but I also think it could go horribly wrong.

Pato-7
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Santon is likely to join Newcastle according to latest reports.

I like both of the above formations, but I can't see Gago covering that much space effectively on his own.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Pato-7 wrote:How about:

Stekelenburg
Santon - Kjaer - Burdisso - Angel
Gago - De Rossi - Pizzaro
Bojan - Totti - Lamela

?

Sure Santon might be hard to capture, but all the signings are realistic for the club and would make a decent squad. Could even put Osvaldo in either Bojan or Lamela's role, but like Lamela, I am not really sure of what his height is and what he is capable of. What puts me off is that he has flopped in Serie A once already.

The biggest problem about this team is that it is made for LE and LE only. What happens if he flops and is sacked? Who do you give this team to? I like the Roma project and think it could succeed, but I also think it could go horribly wrong.

I don't even want to think about that. Delio Rossi would be first in line to take the job, but I for one am not convinced by him. We would need an offensive coach who has experience in Italy. Zeman comes to mind, but I don't think he'll jump ship with Pescara right away. Spalletti is another, but he won't come back. There's a thought in the back of my mind of another coach who might come back due to Baldini's presence... I think you guys could probably figure it out.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Roma fans whats your best formation for the season?
Is there a chance for Borriello to play ahead of Bojan and Osvaldo?
Lamela-starter or not?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:Roma fans whats your best formation for the season?
Is there a chance for Borriello to play ahead of Bojan and Osvaldo?
Lamela-starter or not?

Just look a couple of posts up lol.

Lamela could be a starter, but definitely not right away, since he's barely even trained with us. Borriello will be a sub if he stays, he doesn't really fit in to our system.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next