FalcaoPunch
Onyx
BarcaLearning
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Modric - Song and Modric - Page 3 Empty Re: Song and Modric

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:02

I know that but his physique is also a negative. Get close enough to him and you're not going to have a hard time brushing him aside. Compare him to somebody like Pogba who has used his size & strength plenty of times to his advantage in the middle of the park.

And i'm not saying Pogba is as good as Modric yet. Just pointing out that considering Madrid don't have a heavily defensive Midfielder, Modric's small stature doesn't help him.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:05

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Gundogan is much better defensively than Modric, he's more physical. You wouldn't need to bring in a heavily defensive minded midfielder.

At the end of the day if you replace Alonso/Khedira with Modric right now, teams will exploit your midfield.

He was a bad signing whichever way you look at it. He's too expensive to be nothing but a sub, and he doesn't have the qualities by himself to improve the starting XI.

Yeh but he plays alongside Bender/Kehl currently. With Khedira he'd be left to defend on his own at times.

Teams would exploit our midfield in our current system, yeh.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:07

Physicality doesn't really matter for a playmaker. Modric relies on his agility to get past players.

Physicality would be one of the last things I'd look at in a playmaker. I don't really value it. I prefer the technical side.

Besides, Alonso's a decent size yet he can easily lose the ball to due to his slowness and lack of agility.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:10

Mt doesnt understand.

Modric in a midfield with a DM would work a lot less than Gundogan playing with Khedira. and even then, Khedira is shat on a stick
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:15

modric was bought to justify the ostracizing of sahin, i mean in what way did modric add more to the team than sahin did while costing about 3x as much, just another ego signing by mou, when the club recommends players mou either refuse or ostracize them
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:16

Yeah but MT, we're not talking about an advanced playmaker here. We're taking about Modric with his extremely low quality of defending playing in a 2 man midfield with a player who's not even that defensive next to him.

I wouldn't even put Pirlo in a 4-2-3-1 next to somebody like Khedira or even Marchisio who can cover a hell of a lot of ground.

Modric in a midfield 3, fine. But not in Madrids current system. You will get pressured, you will get exploited. And if Mou brought him in with the intention of changing the system to suit Modric then why hasn't he done it already? Because he never intended to do so.

He brought Modric in because he thought that he would improve the team, this isn't the case and that's my reason for Modric being a poor signing and not what Madrid needed. I think most Madrid fans agree it wasn't a neccesary signing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:24

Modric with Khedira I agree most likely wouldn't work. Khedira would be going B2B and Modric would be left on his own. Even Alonso occasionally struggles.

Modric with Alonso wouldn't work either, since neither are DM type players.

However a 3 man midfield with those 3 could work. Our system doesn't really only revolve around 4-2-3-1, we have occasionally played a 4-3-3. So it could be an option where we might want more midfield possession etc. So we wouldn't be just changing the system for Modric.

Also when Alonso does leave, Modric could take his spot under a different manager in a different system. We don't have to stick to the same system under the next manager.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:26

Another problem with a 4-3-3 would surely be lack of Ozil?

-------------------Blah-------------------
-Blah-----blah-------blah---------blah-
-------Modric----Xabi---Khedira--------
Di Maria--------Blah-----------Ronaldo

No room for Ozil, and Ozil + Modric could not co-exist in some sort of midfield 3.

I don't rate Di Maria but surely he'd be the best option playing wide right in a 4-3-3 variant.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 26 Apr 2013, 19:31

Ozil usually starts at RW whenever we play a 4-3-3. He's done alright there, however he's better in the middle.

I think Ozil could offer a lot more in a deeper position. Whenever he does play RW, he plays kinda like a RM, a bit deeper than his AM position and shows that he can offer something deeper.

Whenever Ozil and Modric have played together this season, their link up play has been some of the best I've seen under Mourinho.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri 26 Apr 2013, 20:18

Xabi works at his optimum when he plays alongside someone who is pretty good defensively. At Liverpool, he particularly thrived when he was played alongside Mascherano. Even in a three man midfield, he should be one of the two central midfielders.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri 26 Apr 2013, 21:05

Don't understand why people argue about Flopdrić with someone who's got the Croat's name in his user ID. Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri 26 Apr 2013, 23:54

Wow, interesting, and yet again opinions thats quite different to my impression Razz If so than Mou's rating has gone down even further from what u guys said, I mean if he really insist on getting a player thats not at the best price that really fits his Real team....

It'll be intriguing to see how it develops next season Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013, 18:49

I've seen Alex Song like once since he has left Arsenal...and that was for a late match cameo.

Should have stayed where he was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3